PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new

mrGmantic
11-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi All,

I am new here and had the urge to sign up today.

Can someone please explain to me why Coughlin/Killdrive refuses to run the no huddle? Eli is the best in the league at it and we refuse to put him in the best situation to win.

My 5 y/o daughter can predict the offensive plays and its becoming unbearable. I know we won an SB but that was not after dominant regular seasons and in the playoffs, they decide to allow Eli do what he does best, and, he comes through.

Why not allow this in the regular season?

NO HUDDLE!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE! At least occasionally (not in the 2 minute ...)

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi All,

Can someone please explain to me why Coughlin/Killdrive refuses to run the no huddle? Eli is the best in the league at it and we refuse to put him in the best situation to win.

My 5 y/o daughter can predict the offensive plays and its becoming unbearable. I know we won an SB but that was not after dominant regular seasons and in the playoffs, they decide to allow Eli do what he does best, and, he comes through.

There are many, many aspects of todays game that I took personally. I feel like TC slapped me in the face. I really do.

Diehl in? No Wilson..0 carries? Those play calls? Not once did we run the no-huddle. Punting when we NEEDED to go for it on that 4th no matter the field position. just...ugh. wow.

Ruttiger711
11-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi All,

D1ck Labeaux is WAY older than 5.

elitocruz
11-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Excellent question. My best guess is two-fold. #-1. Coaches by nature are control freaks and the no huddle leaves them with little control, (which isn't really true, because, Oregon's Chip Kelly is in complete control). #-2. they view it as a gimmick when it's run outside the 2:00 minute situation.

When the offense is stuggling as it has been, a no huddle can be a perfect cure even if for only a few possessions. not sure why they wouldn't try that, OR running Wilson a little to see if he can jump start it. or using him as a receiver out of the backfield.

Hi All,

Beelzeboss
11-04-2012, 10:38 PM
I agree with you. It feels very much like the coaches are not helping the team get into a position to win certain games. Their stubbornness will be our demise if it continues like it has.

mrGmantic
11-04-2012, 10:59 PM
D1ck Labeaux is WAY older than 5.

Jim Kelly ran it very well in Buffalo and Marv Levy was a 90 y/o.

There is a big difference between being old and stubborn and old and stupid.

People wonder ... why is Eli so good in the 4th quarter especially when coming from behind? Because they allow him to run no huddle and read the defenses without the crazy conservatives getting involved.

So frustrating!