PDA

View Full Version : A letter to Tom Coughlin

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 11:04 PM
If i could have 20 sec to day something to Coughlin right now it would be along the lines of:

"What on gods Earth are you ****ing thinking benching Locklear for Diehl? Are you that blind you can't see Diehl missing 80% of his blocks? What is wrong with you? And why does Wilson see ZERO touches. Why doesn't he get any ****ing carries Tom? Hes our #1 draft pick for a reason and all you do is put him out there on returns like a ****ing work-horse battering ram. What the **** is your problem you piece of ****??"

Sincerely,

ex-TC fan CowboysSuck

Of course in 6 days from now I would probably write him a letter about how much I love him and want to know his secret to NFL succes and how I want to have babies with his daughter.....but for now I'm one pissed off fan.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 11:05 PM
so....whatta ya guys think of the letter? mail it tomorrow?

VBGiantsFan
11-04-2012, 11:06 PM
If i could have 20 sec to day something to Coughlin right now it would be along the lines of:

"What on gods Earth are you ****ing thinking benching Locklear for Diehl? Are you that blind you can't see Diehl missing 80% of his blocks? What is wrong with you? And why does Wilson see ZERO touches. Why doesn't he get any ****ing carries Tom? Hes our #1 draft pick for a reason and all you do is put him out there on returns like a ****ing work-horse battering ram. What the **** is your problem you piece of ****??"

Sincerely,

ex-TC fan CowboysSuck

Of course in 6 days from now I would probably write him a letter about how much I love him and want to know his secret to NFL succes and how I want to have babies with his daughter.....but for now I'm one pissed off fan.

Id put my John Han**** next to yours on that letter.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Thank you for your support in this emotional time. Im having a hard time coping with this loss.

VBGiantsFan
11-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Locklear was obviously better Diehl. Do you disagree?

Wilson is our #1 pick and isnt getting handoffs. That is crazy.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 11:17 PM
bump

Harooni
11-04-2012, 11:21 PM
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt35/uvbeenpotod/jackshocked.gif

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 11:23 PM

LOL wtf?

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 11:34 PM
TC stand for ____

Total Collapse?

Harooni
11-04-2012, 11:51 PM
LOL wtf? i hope this is you just letting off some steam and not really angry at TC

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 11:55 PM
excerpt from title page : *Of course in 6 days from now I would probably write him a letter about how much I love him and want to know his secret to NFL succes and how I want to have babies with his daughter.....but for now I'm one pissed off fan.*

seriosuly tho, the Diehl thing and the no Wilson thing is getting under my skin.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 12:00 AM
TC stand for ____

Total Collapse?LOL

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 12:21 AM
bump

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Here's the sad thing: In a couple years Wilson is going to be all banged up and slowed down, and he's going to be starting while we're going to have the next Jim Brown relegated to returning kicks. And so it repeats...

Instead of that "build the bridge" bull****, TC should give this classic new york line out: Do your job, or get fired.

Beelzeboss
11-05-2012, 12:46 AM
I like TC a lot, but Wilson seriously needs to be given a fair chance. He has looked good when given the opportunity. Stubborn coaching can either build a team or kill it and right now these coaches are killing this team.

GiantRoc
11-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Perhaps a bit harsh,(red ink), but I understand it. It is so hard to watch highlights every week showing rookies contributing all over the league except here. Add to that Brown not being used enough, and it's hard to take. Then Diehl starting after some O-line improvement, just hard to understand. I'm hoping for another TC reawakening like in 07. Maybe "play new guys more" will come to him in a dream.

BillTheGreek
11-05-2012, 02:02 AM
I have a solution....Wilson will play PR & RB this coming week ! Mark my Words ! Brown is a must
Also........Tom is smart & knows if does not do it, we will___________________________ !!!!

stormblue
11-05-2012, 04:21 AM
i don't get it ......same old (and i stress old) 9-7 or 10-6 coaching staff that you people adore.
you can't expect a helmet catch or a manningham miracle or a 77 yard cruz missile every game.

this staff always has ....and will continue to make poor decisions .....getting bailed out is not guaranteed.

Diehl sucks and Bradshaw and Nicks are allowed to play @ 50% and KG is the worst chess player in the league.
but we have 2 more rings.....deal with it.

baywest
11-05-2012, 04:56 AM
i hope this is you just letting off some steam and not really angry at TC

Im angry too but I'm mad at you and tc Bradshaw. Your a bump. Get Wilson on the field.
g

BlueBlooded1979
11-05-2012, 05:19 AM
Tom:

Please return the Giants to the meritocracy that got them two rings. Players who are the best at their position should play regardless of tenure, pay grade or draft status. Locklear is clearly more suited for RT than Diehl is. Not only did we see poor tackle play but Martellus Bennet was unable to run down the middle of a wide open Steeler defense. He had to hold Diehls hand all day.

To a lesser degree the same goes for Brown. He is playing at a higher level than Bradshaw is right now. Bradshaw should see less snaps and Brown more.

Please instruct KG to use the entire passing tree. A few more slants, hook and crossing routes would have been nice. No need to chuck it down the field when these guys aren't getting separation and praying for PI. Stop running on a second and 10. They know it is coming.

Get Cruz some trauma couseling. He played scared all day after taking a big hit. If he is hurt he shouldn't be in the game at all. He also needs to secure his catches before looking to run.

Punting with 3:30 and 3TO was highly questionable. The defense started celebrating at half time again and couldn't be relied on to stop a MAC team let alone a solid running team.

Speaking of the defense they need to secure their tackled before looking for the strip. They probably gained 75 extra yards on the ground due to this.

CDN_G-FAN
11-05-2012, 07:12 AM
i hope this is you just letting off some steam and not really angry at TC

+1

we're the greatest team in history when we win, and we send hate mail when we lose.

we got beat by a good football team in a one possession game.

**** happens.

jakegibbs
11-05-2012, 08:37 AM

Sincerely,

ex-TC fan CowboysSuck

Add this to your letter before mailing.... Tom when it's obvious Hixon nor Nicks can't beat press coverage take a page from Peyton Manning & start one of those recievers in motion pre snap to allow them to not get locked on within the 1st 5 yds. You'd be amazed how that simple offensive scheme will pay great dividends to your passing game. Thanks for reading this letter not Git r done.

Giantterp
11-05-2012, 09:41 AM
...And mix in the hurry up. Especially, when Eli is struggling!

giantscolombia
11-05-2012, 09:45 AM
+1

we're the greatest team in history when we win, and we send hate mail when we lose.

**** happens.

yea dude you are right, but you honestly cant say we had a chance if it wasnt for that Boley TD. we would have been completely out of the game if it wasnt for that.

all in all the steelers are a good team... kinda worrying considering our future schedule.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Im angry too but I'm mad at you and tc Bradshaw. Your a bump. Get Wilson on the field.
g

wth?? why would you be mad at me??? lol

G-MENBK
11-05-2012, 09:49 AM
+1

**** happens.

Still, even with 2 Super Bowl wins, Coughlin has some flaws. Allowing Diehl to play is one. Rarely challenging the spot of the ball is another. Some boneheaded calls when the game comes down to the wire is another. His preference for Bradshaw is another.

Atomic1
11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
The play calling and execution at the end of the half reminded me of the Eagles loss with the play calling and execution at the end of that game. That was a six point swing at the half yesterday . We all saw the play selection and time management , enough said.
This team has 1 more week before their bye week and right now they look exhausted and ready for a break. Problem is they have 1 more game before the break.
Hope Blackburn comes back soon as the Steelers exploited the middle of the field yesterday.

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 09:55 AM
TC to the fans - by the way, I'm still a fan even if I don't like his decision to start Diehl - I will start Diehl for the rest of the season. I never benched him when he was playing bad before. Why would I change now?

JayDB
11-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Let's not forget another HUGE TC blunder...Tynes can't kick from > 45 yards. Let's stop playing for the 3 and start playing for the 7!!!! Oh sure, with the wind he was able to make a 50 yarder, but realistically he is terrible from > 45!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 10:16 AM
I thought when i woke up today i would be infinitely less mad.....but not really. I'm still pissed off about Diehl, Wilson, and the Offensive play in general. That was unacceptable for this team.

GMENAGAIN
11-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Let's not forget another HUGE TC blunder...Tynes can't kick from > 45 yards. Let's stop playing for the 3 and start playing for the 7!!!! Oh sure, with the wind he was able to make a 50 yarder, but realistically he is terrible from > 45!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!

He made a 50 yarder and barely missed a 51 yarder. That's really what you took out of that game??

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 11:31 AM
WILSON NEEDS CARRIES. End of ****ing story, im so pissed off about this.

I've been saying this ever since week one. Isn't it funny how the first game of the season he comes in right away, and you could sense the intentions of the coaching staff was to have him getting around 10 or so carries a game? What, 1 fumble makes you ride the pine ALL YEAR and allows you to get banged up on every kickoff?

This is an atrocity, an absolute joke, and a slap in the face by the Giants coaches to David Wilson, the entire offense, and the whole fan base. pathetic.

I'm considering a petition, writing a letter to TC&KG, and going absolute ape ****. I can't stand this decision.

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 11:47 AM

I've been saying this ever since week one. Isn't it funny how the first game of the season he comes in right away, and you could sense the intentions of the coaching staff was to have him getting around 10 or so carries a game? What, 1 fumble makes you ride the pine ALL YEAR and allows you to get banged up on every kickoff?

This is an atrocity, an absolute joke, and a slap in the face by the Giants coaches to David Wilson, the entire offense, and the whole fan base. pathetic.

I'm considering a petition, writing a letter to TC&KG, and going absolute ape ****. I can't stand this decision.

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Here is a quote for the "genius" Coughlin: "They surprised me with some of the runs they called in situations you would expect them to be aggressive and throw." I guess he expects everyone to be as predictable as he is! If that is not a statement of someone who is out of touch with reality, I do not know what is! We are at the 5 and what does he call? The same play as in Dalla, run bradshaw, run bradshaw, throw the fade out of bound, kick FG. And the Steelers were ready for all of it! I just love the way he "addressed" the red zone scoring problem! I would just tell him in the letter; Tom thanks for the 2 SB's, now go retire and plant a garden because certainly you are out of touch with reality.

JesseJames
11-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Coughlin may be a good head coach but he seems to me to be very hard headed in that he will do things his way no matter if its working or not, IMO his decision to not play Wilson in the run game is not looking too smart especially when our run game is sucking like it was yesterday. I also don't buy into the weak pass protection issue by Wilson, whats the difference if your QB gets sacked because a RB missed his block or a lineman misses his block, the result is the same and I don't see us benching linemen, as a mater of fact we just put DD back in and kept him in and his missed blocks are notorious...

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Coughlin may be a good head coach but he seems to me to be very hard headed in that he will do things his way no matter if its working or not, IMO his decision to not play Wilson in the run game is not looking too smart especially when our run game is sucking like it was yesterday. I also don't buy into the weak pass protection issue by Wilson, whats the difference if your QB gets sacked because a RB missed his block or a lineman misses his block, the result is the same and I don't see us benching linemen, as a mater of fact we just put DD back in and kept him in and his missed blocks are notorious...

+1

I Wilson doesnt get 1 full offensive series with at least 5 carries by regular-seasons-end Im going to lose it. I swear, I will ****ing lose it. Damn you Tom Coughlin and you're reluctance.

Also, listen closely to his post-game presser.
He says things like "Gee, we've been running the same offense the whole year and just 2 weeks ago we were the #1 big play team in the league, and now we cant do a thing" ....hmmm maybe its because YOU HAVENT CHANGED A THING is why. Not the other way around. derrrr

on the topic of bradshaw, "Hes our guy. Hes our guy and he would be the first one to tell you he should have played better".... yeah hes our "guy" Tom, but how about you get you're head out of your *** and stop giving 95% of the carries to a guy who is clearly injured, cant practice, and hasnt broken a 60yd game in weeks. DO YOU REALIZE WE HAVE DAVID WILSON??? I'm starting to think TC was plaing devils advocate on draft day when it came to DW. Maybe Reese forced the pick and Coughlin didnt like it? Whatever Tom's beef is with Wilson he needs to end it. Its hurting our team and banging Wilson up on returns his entire rookie year ISNT HELPING ANYONE. The guy has like 10 carries on the year and TWO TD's. 20% of the time he gets the ball it goes to the house!!!! WHAT MORE DOES COUGHLIN WANT IN ORDER TO GIVE THE KID...GEE, I MEAN AT LEAST 2 OR 3 CARRIES A GAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. WILSON HAS 0 CARRIES THE PAST 3 GAMES. ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS TOM???

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Coughlin may be a good head coach but he seems to me to be very hard headed in that he will do things his way no matter if its working or not, IMO his decision to not play Wilson in the run game is not looking too smart especially when our run game is sucking like it was yesterday. I also don't buy into the weak pass protection issue by Wilson, whats the difference if your QB gets sacked because a RB missed his block or a lineman misses his block, the result is the same and I don't see us benching linemen, as a mater of fact we just put DD back in and kept him in and his missed blocks are notorious...If that's truly their excuse, then why is Dielh even in the line up? He has more protection issues than Wilson. Also, how is Wilson supposed to get experience in pass protection? Oh, yeah, during practice where no one hits anyone. Let's face it Coughlin is still a bad coach regardless of the 2 SB's. It was not really because of good coaching we got the rings but because of the extraordinary play of our players. Coughlin and Killdrive had nothing to do with the drives that Eli engineered in both SB's to win us the rings. Why is it when we go to hurry up we are unstoppable and yet we hardly go to hurry up? Is it because the hurry up exposes Killdrives predictability by letting Eli call the plays? All the problems we are having begin and end with coaching. Not using the appropriate personnel is inexcusable. Calling the same plays over and over is inexcusable. Not doing anything about it, is inexcusable. You can lay the blame on the players all you want, but at the end of the game, it is the coaches who decide who will play and who will not. So using the same inept players and not doing anything about it, you cannot blame it all on execution.

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 12:18 PM
as you can tell i took this loss hard. First time I've lost my cool this year, and I apologize to all. This is just my way of venting and making it feel better.

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 12:19 PM
If that's truly their excuse, then why is Dielh even in the line up? He has more protection issues than Wilson. Also, how is Wilson supposed to get experience in pass protection? Oh, yeah, during practice where no one hits anyone. Let's face it Coughlin is still a bad coach regardless of the 2 SB's. It was not really because of good coaching we got the rings but because of the extraordinary play of our players. Coughlin and Killdrive had nothing to do with the drives that Eli engineered in both SB's to win us the rings. Why is it when we go to hurry up we are unstoppable and yet we hardly go to hurry up? Is it because the hurry up exposes Killdrives predictability by letting Eli call the plays? All the problems we are having begin and end with coaching. Not using the appropriate personnel is inexcusable. Calling the same plays over and over is inexcusable. Not doing anything about it, is inexcusable. You can lay the blame on the players all you want, but at the end of the game, it is the coaches who decide who will play and who will not. So using the same inept players and not doing anything about it, you cannot blame it all on execution.

+1

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 12:24 PM
as you can tell i took this loss hard. First time I've lost my cool this year, and I apologize to all. This is just my way of venting and making it feel better.

Don't worry man I fully agree with you.

My reaction to starting Diehl over Locklear:
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/077/Raisins_Face.jpg

My reaction to giving Bradshaw, the guy who has practiced ONE FREAKING DAY in the past 2 WEEKS:
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27223843.jpg

My reaction to Wilson staying in the bottom of depth:
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/112/480/OpoQQ.jpg?1302279568

NYKiller
11-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Loyalty/Favoritism/2 rings mean you need to stfu and let me do as I please lol. I try to tell you guys about this during the preseason, but everyone doubted me. I said the best talent should always get the most play time and why Carr has no competition, but you all laugh at me. The good news is Coughlin tends to wake up and do the right thing when the losses start piling up lol.

The real problem:
Defense: especially the run defense.
Right Tackle: Coughlin knows best
Bad Play calling: If Eli is in the Red Zone Throw that S**T. If they are close to the Goal line then Run that S**T. Get creative out there and less predictable.

jaygoon
11-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Cowboyssuck, you are truly a dope.

Firstly, because you bump your own threads, which I hate.

Secondly, Way to overreact. Our problem isnt David Wilson not getting enough touches. It's not David Diehl starting.

The Giants won the superbowl last year with the 32nd ranked rushing offense. You probably dont realize it, but 32nd is last in the NFL, because there are 32 teams. David Wilson is a horrible blocker in the passing game. He is a rookie. I dont have the answer to why Eli and his WR's have been off the last few games, but I guarantee that there will be no huge changes in the Giants approach to football games. Its worked for 2 superbowls with basically the same pieces.

Last time I checked, the Pittsburgh Steelers have the #1 ranked defense in the league. Did you expect 400 yards passing and 200 yards rushing? I didnt.
And I expect nothing out of David Wilson. If he isnt getting touches, its for a reason. Right now, he is third on the depth chart. You that TC is still bitter about a first game fumble? If you do, well, you are drinking the Kool Aid. 44 has had far worse fumbles during that time, yet remains the starter.

The Giants need to learn how to tackle, and besides that, I'm good. Eli isnt going to be bail us out every game. He is entitled to suck games. At 6-3, I feel good, and like I said I hope the Giants dont change a thing.

CDN_G-FAN
11-05-2012, 12:55 PM
we lose a 1 possession game to the Steelers, we're 6-3, and i'm reading that Coughlin needs to retire in this thread.

what the **** is wrong with some people?

you're like a bunch of coke heads. We win and you literally couldn't get any higher, we lose and you're looking for the napalm to wipe the place out.

I hope you guys are only like this about football, cuz if this is how you run your personal lives, god help ya.

why do i bother with this place after a loss?

dakotajoe
11-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I agree 100% on both points. The Giants should use their 1st round draft pick more, he's proven to be explosive when he has the ball in his hands and hasn't fumbled in a long time. Look at what Trent Richardson and Doug Martin are doing as rookies, Wilson can more than contribute, he's made for the big play.

The Giant's didn't even use JPP much as a rookie and he may be the best DE I've ever watched play football. I realize he didn't have a lot of games under his belt at that point but when they put him in he made plays.

Moke
11-05-2012, 12:59 PM

Perfect reaction.

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Cowboyssuck, you are truly a dope.

Firstly, because you bump your own threads, which I hate.

Secondly, Way to overreact. Our problem isnt David Wilson not getting enough touches. It's not David Diehl starting.

The Giants won the superbowl last year with the 32nd ranked rushing offense. You probably dont realize it, but 32nd is last in the NFL, because there are 32 teams. David Wilson is a horrible blocker in the passing game. He is a rookie. I dont have the answer to why Eli and his WR's have been off the last few games, but I guarantee that there will be no huge changes in the Giants approach to football games. Its worked for 2 superbowls with basically the same pieces.

Last time I checked, the Pittsburgh Steelers have the #1 ranked defense in the league. Did you expect 400 yards passing and 200 yards rushing? I didnt.
And I expect nothing out of David Wilson. If he isnt getting touches, its for a reason. Right now, he is third on the depth chart. You that TC is still bitter about a first game fumble? If you do, well, you are drinking the Kool Aid. 44 has had far worse fumbles during that time, yet remains the starter.

The Giants need to learn how to tackle, and besides that, I'm good. Eli isnt going to be bail us out every game. He is entitled to suck games. At 6-3, I feel good, and like I said I hope the Giants dont change a thing.You must be watching a different team because last year we won with the 32nd rushing offense because Eli was far more accurate and because our D woke up at the right time. Right now we are still 32nd in rushing, we are 32nd in scoring in the red zone and we are 32nd or close to it in stopping the run (3rd string RB's tear up an new ******* in Fewell's scheme). As far as TC goes that senile old fool has this notion that veterans are entitled to be in the line up before rookies. That's why Dielh and Bradshaw and Nicks are in. So far, even with the limited carries, Wilson has shown what he can do, the same goes for Brown. However the old fool insists in giving the ball to Bradshaw who has not participated in a full practice yet. Then, the play calling is so predictable, that even I am able to call Killdrive's plays by the way they line up watching it from my limited view on TV before they snap the ball. Our passing game did not work because the Steelers knew we cannot run the ball so they paid extra attention to the pass and they had the receivers pretty much covered throughout the game because they did not have to commit extra players to the run. I think you are the one drinking Coughlin's rotten KoolAid.

GMENAGAIN
11-05-2012, 01:28 PM
we lose a 1 possession game to the Steelers, we're 6-3, and i'm reading that Coughlin needs to retire in this thread.

you're like a bunch of coke heads. We win and you literally couldn't get any higher, we lose and you're looking for the napalm to wipe the place out.

I hope you guys are only like this about football, cuz if this is how you run your personal lives, god help ya.

I keep asking myself the same question . . . . .

bearbryant
11-05-2012, 01:29 PM

You should get a job on the giant staff, maybe you'd fit right in: TC quote: " We had a great week in practice and just got beat by a better team. I need to look at the tape to tell you anything" Please!!!

Oh, since you made the post personal: Are you blind or just slow? Maybe thats how canadians run their lives, you stick your head in the ground so you can't see anything, I don't. Since you do, god help you!!

I see a team that is playing the worst ball of the year now, going back to the 9er game. I'd like to see that change not continue. So go back into the ground! Its safe and comfy! Go Giants!!!

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 01:32 PM
I keep asking myself the same question . . . . .Wow! You guys must be happy with mediocrity!

GameTime
11-05-2012, 01:33 PM

think it shows an utter lack of respect...
IMO it sucks.....

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Wow! You guys must be happy with mediocrity!

Seriously. I want to see some GIANTS football, not some BS being played by guys wearing Giants uniforms. Playing Vanilla to prevent film from being stockpiled on your schemes is one thing, but doing that for 8 freaking years without adjusting your offense means that enough film WILL eventually be stockpiled.

BillTheGreek
11-05-2012, 01:37 PM
You must be watching a different team because last year we won with the 32nd rushing offense because Eli was far more accurate and because our D woke up at the right time. Right now we are still 32nd in rushing, we are 32nd in scoring in the red zone and we are 32nd or close to it in stopping the run (3rd string RB's tear up an new ******* in Fewell's scheme). As far as TC goes that senile old fool has this notion that veterans are entitled to be in the line up before rookies. That's why Dielh and Bradshaw and Nicks are in. So far, even with the limited carries, Wilson has shown what he can do, the same goes for Brown. However the old fool insists in giving the ball to Bradshaw who has not participated in a full practice yet. Then, the play calling is so predictable, that even I am able to call Killdrive's plays by the way they line up watching it from my limited view on TV before they snap the ball. Our passing game did not work because the Steelers knew we cannot run the ball so they paid extra attention to the pass and they had the receivers pretty much covered throughout the game because they did not have to commit extra players to the run. I think you are the one drinking Coughlin's rotten KoolAid.

THe G-Force has spoken ! +1

GMENAGAIN
11-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Wow! You guys must be happy with mediocrity!

Nope, just unhappy with stupidity . . ..

bashful
11-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Id put my John Han**** next to yours on that letter.

Ditto

GMAN2K9
11-05-2012, 02:08 PM

Completely agree man, its beyond frustrating. Wilson has had ONE fumble (compared to 2 by Bradshaw) and little opportunities since to fulfill what any reasonable organization should expect from a 1st round RB

Especially annoyed by how Tampa is using their rookie RB Doug Martin whose absolutely dominating...
In his last 2 games, Martin has 386 yards rushing on 54 carries scoring 4 times AND scored another TD via 7 catches for 100 yards total.

Not saying Wilson would immediately do the same but he has all the potential to be a game breaker too just like Martin.. but he needs chances!

And stop trying to 'design' plays for the kid -- no silly shovel passes or slow developing misdirections that our Oline is not accustomed executing blocks for... give him the same calls we're doing now with Bradshaw/ Brown AND maybe some tosses, swing passes, & screens. His talent will take over guaranteed...

With our passing game in a funk and the weather about to turn less than ideal we need to use our home run threat David Wilson, not just on kick offs!

jaygoon
11-05-2012, 02:14 PM
You must be watching a different team because last year we won with the 32nd rushing offense because Eli was far more accurate and because our D woke up at the right time. Right now we are still 32nd in rushing, we are 32nd in scoring in the red zone and we are 32nd or close to it in stopping the run (3rd string RB's tear up an new ******* in Fewell's scheme). As far as TC goes that senile old fool has this notion that veterans are entitled to be in the line up before rookies. That's why Dielh and Bradshaw and Nicks are in. So far, even with the limited carries, Wilson has shown what he can do, the same goes for Brown. However the old fool insists in giving the ball to Bradshaw who has not participated in a full practice yet. Then, the play calling is so predictable, that even I am able to call Killdrive's plays by the way they line up watching it from my limited view on TV before they snap the ball. Our passing game did not work because the Steelers knew we cannot run the ball so they paid extra attention to the pass and they had the receivers pretty much covered throughout the game because they did not have to commit extra players to the run. I think you are the one drinking Coughlin's rotten KoolAid.

YOU must be watching a different team.
You say we are 32nd in the league in rushing (we are 15th), you say we are 32nd in stopping the run (we are 19th) and I dont know what our redzone defense is like, but for points against, we are 10th best in the league.
Dont go spewing off knee jerk reaction numbers when they are all not even close to reality. And TC is a senile old fool that has the Giants at 6-3 and poised to make another run at the playoffs.
Let me name some names for you. Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Michael Turner, Lesean Mccoy. Would you bench them in favor of a rookie with fumbling problems? No you wouldnt. Why do I bring those names up? Because Bradshaw has rushed for more yards than all of those guys so far this year. You dont see their idiotic fans calling for a rookie to start. Bradshaw is 12th in the NFL is rushing.
The only thing Ill agree with you on is Gilbride. Hes a horrible play caller. But all the other nonsense you posted is false.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't think TC would respond to your sugar coated version. You need to be more direct.