PDA

View Full Version : List of Available Coaches

guerilla
12-19-2011, 02:39 PM
*Full Disclosure*
I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on.

Coaches:
Romeo Crennel (if not offered KC job)
Steve Spagnuolo (if fired)
Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
John Mitchell (Steelers Assistant HC)
Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
Jack Del Rio
Mike Nolan (a retread)
Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 02:42 PM
*Full Disclosure*
I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on.

Coaches:
Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
Jack Del Rio
Mike Nolan (a retread)

WHO SIGNED JEFF FISHER? HE'S THE MOST QUALIFIED OF ALL THE ABOVE.

nihan87
12-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I think our best bet would be to keep TC for 2 more years and sign Spags onto a DC/ assistant head coach job. In 2 years time, Spags has a solid team to coach rather than that mess in STL.

Morehead State
12-19-2011, 02:48 PM
*Full Disclosure* I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on. Coaches: Romeo Crennel (if not offered KC job) Steve Spagnuolo (if fired) Vic Fangio (49ers DC) John Mitchell (Steelers Assistant HC) Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC) Jack Del Rio Mike Nolan (a retread) Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)</P>

Mike Zimmer is far and away my first choice.</P>

My last choice would be any of the big names out there. Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.</P>

Time for the Giants to join the 21st century of the NFL.</P>

repeatchamps
12-19-2011, 02:49 PM
I think our best bet would be to keep TC for 2 more years and sign Spags onto a DC/ assistant head coach job. In 2 years time, Spags has a solid team to coach rather than that mess in STL.</P>

There is yet to be any proof that Spags will be fired by the Rams. If he is, I am fully on board with this idea if they can't land Cowher or perhaps Fisher.</P>

guerilla
12-19-2011, 02:52 PM
*Full Disclosure*

Coaches:
Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
Jack Del Rio
Mike Nolan (a retread)

My apologizes, I forgot to add him

*addendum
Jeff Fisher

CDN_G-FAN
12-19-2011, 02:57 PM
put tony sparano on that list.</P>

</P>

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 02:59 PM
*Full Disclosure*

Coaches:
Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
Jack Del Rio
Mike Nolan (a retread)

My apologizes, I forgot to add him

*addendum
Jeff Fisher

I really think he could turn this team around quickly without wholesale changes being made.

He was a smart DB when he played & played way above his physical ability & that's what this team needs since I've been totally convinced since the JR hiring that the overall talent on this team has been on the decline.

We need a coach that can the most out of less & he proven for years able to get that done.

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2011, 03:00 PM
*Full Disclosure* I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on. Coaches: Romeo Crennel (if not offered KC job) Steve Spagnuolo (if fired) Vic Fangio (49ers DC) John Mitchell (Steelers Assistant HC) Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC) Jack Del Rio Mike Nolan (a retread) Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)</P>

My last choice would be any of the big names out there. Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.</P>

</P>

Couldn't agree more.</P>

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 03:08 PM

My last choice would be any of the big names out there.* Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.</P>

</P>

Couldn't agree more.</P>

Fisher went head to head with Peyton in his prime for years with the lowest payroll in the NFL but got his team in the playoffs on a consistant basis.

If they go with someone in 21st century expect 0-16 type seasons for at least a year or two. This team does not have enough talent.. quality depth or what ever you want to call it for an inexperinced head coach to overcome. We'd be Detroit for a few years until JR get's the top players out of 3 or 4 drafts based on lously records.

Be hard to pay for a brandy new stadium with those lean years ahead of them. I don't think the owners will go that rought. They won't a playoff team year after year to fill the seats.

GiantsYanks
12-19-2011, 03:09 PM
*Full Disclosure* I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on. Coaches: Romeo Crennel (if not offered KC job) Steve Spagnuolo (if fired) Vic Fangio (49ers DC) John Mitchell (Steelers Assistant HC) Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC) Jack Del Rio Mike Nolan (a retread) Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)</p>

Mike Zimmer is far and away my first choice.</p>

My last choice would be any of the big names out there. Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.</p>

Time for the Giants to join the 21st century of the NFL.</p>

^This.

The new era of NFL is hiring up and coming coordinators... just look at some of the top teams in the NFL right now.

Steelers- Tomlin
Ravens- Harbough
Packer- Mcarthy
49ers- Harbough (essentially the same team personal wise from last year and look at the difference)
Saints- Peyton
Falcons- Smith

Morehead State
12-19-2011, 03:23 PM

</P>

Couldn't agree more.</P>

Fisher went head to head with Peyton in his prime for years with the lowest payroll in the NFL but got his team in the playoffs on a consistant basis. If they go with someone in 21st century expect 0-16 type seasons for at least a year or two. This team does not have enough talent.. quality depth or what ever you want to call it for an inexperinced head coach to overcome. We'd be Detroit for a few years until JR get's the top players out of 3 or 4 drafts based on lously records. Be hard to pay for a brandy new stadium with those lean years ahead of them. I don't think the owners will go that rought. They won't a playoff team year after year to fill the seats.</P>

0-16 type team??? Are you friggin nuts?</P>

This team has some good players who aren't well coached or motivated. TC is stubborn to a fault. He's made some bad hires for coordinators. Only good hire was Spags. He has incompitent assistants and then stands by them in their mediocrity. He had to be threatened with his job to get him to let go both Tim Lewis and Bill Sheridan.</P>

TC is a good football guy but he can't get his players to perform when they need to. They simply don't respond to him. How many year end collapses to we need to see people?</P>

A good young coach who can motivate could restore this team to excellence immediately.</P>

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 03:23 PM
*Full Disclosure* I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on. Coaches: Romeo Crennel (if not offered KC job) Steve Spagnuolo (if fired) Vic Fangio (49ers DC) John Mitchell (Steelers Assistant HC) Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC) Jack Del Rio Mike Nolan (a retread) Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)</p>

Mike Zimmer is far and away my first choice.</p>

My last choice would be any of the big names out there.* Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.</p>

Time for the Giants to join the 21st century of the NFL.</p>

^This.

The new era of NFL is hiring up and coming coordinators... just look at some of the top teams in the NFL right now.

Steelers- Tomlin
Ravens- Harbough
Packer- Mcarthy
49ers-* Harbough (essentially the same team personal wise from last year and look at the difference)
Saints- Peyton
Falcons- Smith

One thing missing here. A great GM is working for all those above mentioned coaches. When injuries hit the back up talent doesn't hurt those teams & in some cases makes them stronger.

The Giants when they lose starters they lose games period. No quality depth & that's goes squarely on one person's shoulder. JR

CDN_G-FAN
12-19-2011, 03:27 PM

^This.

Steelers- Tomlin
Ravens- Harbough
Packer- Mcarthy
49ers- Harbough (essentially the same team personal wise from last year and look at the difference)
Saints- Peyton
Falcons- Smith

One thing missing here. A great GM is working for all those above mentioned coaches. When injuries hit the back up talent doesn't hurt those teams &amp; in some cases makes them stronger. The Giants when they lose starters they lose games period. No quality depth &amp; that's goes squarely on one person's shoulder. JR</P>

Very good post.</P>

i've been a reese fan, but some of his problems have been exposed, this year especially.</P>

there's lots of teams that if they lose that one player, they'd be in big trouble. but we've got way too many of those positions.</P>

and his management of the cap is horrible. he doesn't have enough room to sign the guys he wants to keep at this point, let alone go out and acquire new talent (which i'm not a huge fan of).</P>

</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2011, 03:32 PM

</P>

Couldn't agree more.</P>

Fisher went head to head with Peyton in his prime for years with the lowest payroll in the NFL <FONT size=4>but got his team in the playoffs on a consistant basis.</FONT> If they go with someone in 21st century expect 0-16 type seasons for at least a year or two. This team does not have enough talent.. quality depth or what ever you want to call it for an inexperinced head coach to overcome. We'd be Detroit for a few years until JR get's the top players out of 3 or 4 drafts based on lously records. Be hard to pay for a brandy new stadium with those lean years ahead of them. I don't think the owners will go that rought. They won't a playoff team year after year to fill the seats.</P>

What are you talking about?</P>

Fisher had 6 winning seasons and no championships in 16 years. </P>

Morehead State
12-19-2011, 03:33 PM

^This.

Steelers- Tomlin
Ravens- Harbough
Packer- Mcarthy
Saints- Peyton
Falcons- Smith

One thing missing here. A great GM is working for all those above mentioned coaches. When injuries hit the back up talent doesn't hurt those teams &amp; in some cases makes them stronger. The Giants when they lose starters they lose games period. No quality depth &amp; that's goes squarely on one person's shoulder. JR</P>

In the euphoria of our SB championship, we signed too many guys to huge contracts. Thats handcuffed him recently as we were over the cap after the new CBA.</P>

Yes thats JR's fault, but its more complicated than you suggest. We simply didn't have the room to sign the kind of FA's we needed. When we had our rash of injuries, we were left in a bad spot.</P>

But "veteran minimum" should be a term we should start using more from here on.</P>

lawl
12-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Oh boy. Ole miss fans.... Where to begin

The best regular season we had was 08.

Lets compare the talent.

We had butler and Johnson at safety. We've upgraded both of those positions.

We had webster and Ross starting. Ross would have been our #4 corner this year had injuries not set in. We've upgraded the CBs

We had kehl pierce and Danny Clark at linebacker. I'd venture to say that with goff our LBers are hands down better than that group with boley being on pace for pro bowl numbers pre injury.

The DEs are the same except we now have jpp as well. That's a huge upgrade

We had cofield starting and Robbins was awful in 08. The dt position has about the same level of talent if not better now.

Our WRs are much better now.

Our RBs arent as good.

Our OL isn't as good

Our QB is playing much better.

How exactly has our talent level been going down???

This team has more defensive talent than the 08 team and the offense is putting up historic numbers through the air.

Big Blue 418
12-19-2011, 03:46 PM
*Full Disclosure*

Coaches:
Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
Jack Del Rio
Mike Nolan (a retread)

I want Vic Fanglo or John Mitchell from the list above ... Add Chuck Pagano ( Ravens DC to the list)

I agree I want a fresh face here .... New head coaches seem to do better than retreads now ....
And people need to get over Spags . He like Wade Phillips is fit to be a DC not a head coach . The guy is over his head as a hc ....

And we can not afford 2 more years of Coughlin . Time to start freash next year

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 03:47 PM
*Full Disclosure*

Coaches:
Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
Jack Del Rio
Mike Nolan (a retread)

That's who I was thinking of.

Big Blue 418
12-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Jeff Fisher is worse than Coughlin and I don't like Coughlin . The man had less success than these ESPN blowhards tell you.

Tuckit91
12-19-2011, 03:50 PM

</P>

Couldn't agree more.</P>

Fisher went head to head with Peyton in his prime for years with the lowest payroll in the NFL <FONT size=4>but got his team in the playoffs on a consistant basis.</FONT> If they go with someone in 21st century expect 0-16 type seasons for at least a year or two. This team does not have enough talent.. quality depth or what ever you want to call it for an inexperinced head coach to overcome. We'd be Detroit for a few years until JR get's the top players out of 3 or 4 drafts based on lously records. Be hard to pay for a brandy new stadium with those lean years ahead of them. I don't think the owners will go that rought. They won't a playoff team year after year to fill the seats.</P>

<FONT size=5>What are you talking about?</FONT></P>

<FONT size=5>Fisher had 6 winning seasons and no championships in 16 years.</FONT> </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

^This..</P>

guerilla
12-19-2011, 03:55 PM
*Full Disclosure*

Coaches:
Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
Jack Del Rio
Mike Nolan (a retread)

I want Vic Fanglo or John Mitchell from the list above ... Add Chuck Pagano ( Ravens DC to the list)

I agree I want a fresh face here .... New head coaches seem to do better than retreads now ....
And people need to get over Spags . He like Wade Phillips is fit to be a DC not a head coach . The guy is over his head as a hc ....

And we can not afford 2 more years of Coughlin . Time to start freash next year

I didn't add a Ravens DC/Position C because they would be viable options after 2-3 years tenure.

Former Ravens DC/Position C
Rex Ryan
Mike Smith
Mike Singletary
Marvin Lewis
Jack Del Rio

It's called the Ray Lewis Coaching Tree.

GiantsYanks
12-19-2011, 06:13 PM

Lets compare the talent.

We had webster and Ross starting. Ross would have been our #4 corner this year had injuries not set in. We've upgraded the CBs

We had kehl pierce and Danny Clark at linebacker. I'd venture to say that with goff our LBers are hands down better than that group with boley being on pace for pro bowl numbers pre injury.

We had cofield starting and Robbins was awful in 08. The dt position has about the same level of talent if not better now.

Our RBs arent as good.

Our OL isn't as good

This team has more defensive talent than the 08 team and the offense is putting up historic numbers through the air.

agree. but not to nit pick though but it was Kawaika Mitchell. Danny Clark wasn't on that team. =)

lawl
12-19-2011, 06:17 PM

Lets compare the talent.

Our RBs arent as good.

Our OL isn't as good

agree. but not to nit pick though but it was Kawaika Mitchell. Danny Clark wasn't on that team. =)

Kawika Mitchell was in buffalo in 08

gmen0820
12-19-2011, 06:17 PM

Lets compare the talent.

Our RBs arent as good.

Our OL isn't as good

2008, not 2007.

gmen0820
12-19-2011, 06:21 PM
My coaches next year if it were up to me would be:

Zimmer or maybe even Crennel (HC)
Greene (DC)
Sparano (OC)