PDA

View Full Version : New QB Coach

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 11:28 PM
I wonder what impact - if at all - it's having on Eli's play.

I'm not making excuses for him; his play of late is frankly inexcusable. But he is certainly off his game and while the OC, the receivers and the O line all own a share of the blame for the crappy offensive play lately there's been no mention of the new QB coach hired since Sullivan went to Tampa.

thegiantsrule10
11-04-2012, 11:31 PM
We get a new quarterback coach every freakin year, so who knows.

BurnerNYG
11-04-2012, 11:34 PM
QB coach? Man that's for rookies and 2nd to 3rd year players... not for a 2 time SB MVP. He just doesn't have his head in the game... sometimes people tend to get bored with their jobs.

gmenfan0488
or a new QB

Sarcasman
We get a new quarterback coach every freakin year, so who knows.

Yeah, except the years we don't like the past two years or.....

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 11:38 PM
QB coach? Man that's for rookies and 2nd to 3rd year players... not for a 2 time SB MVP. He just doesn't have his head in the game... sometimes people tend to get bored with their jobs.

Could be; I agree that a seasoned QB should pretty much be self coaching but every damn position on the field has a coach maybe Sullivan knew how to help keep his head out of his *** and in the game. He hasn't looked this bad in a few years.

thegiantsrule10
Yeah, except the years we don't like the past two years or.....

I realized I made a mistake. I'm sorry everyone.

VBGiantsFan
Eli will not look good when his WR dont get open and the line allows pressure all game.

Sarcasman
or a new QB

Please leave this thread, you can't be taken seriously.

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 11:41 PM
I realized I made a mistake. I'm sorry everyone.

Don't be, man; it's cool, I'm frustrated too. I'd just rather think about what's causing him to play like crap than simply rant incoherently as we tend to do around here. He has regressed recently to concerning levels.

thegiantsrule10
11-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Don't be, man; it's cool, I'm frustrated too. I'd just rather think about what's causing him to play like crap than simply rant incoherently as we tend to do around here. He has regressed recently to concerning levels.

Maybe it's the lack of running game. He played his best games this year when we successfully ran the ball.

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Eli will not look good when his WR dont get open and the line allows pressure all game.

That's definitely part of it. And while the line has been poor recently and the receivers do not appear to be getting good separation, some of his decisions have been real head scratchers...he should be past that.

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Maybe it's the lack of running game. He played his best games this year when we successfully ran the ball.

That's definitely part of it. I haven't seen them throw a pass to a RB in what feels like years. You gotta figure they could create a package of RB passes for Wilson, no? Man you get that kid out in space against the second and third line of the defense and he should really be able to open things up.

thegiantsrule10
11-04-2012, 11:46 PM
That's definitely part of it. I haven't seen them throw a pass to a RB in what feels like years. You gotta figure they could create a package of RB passes for Wilson, no?

They could, some of the plays they run with bradshaw are plays that wilson would be perfect for.

Cloud57
11-04-2012, 11:48 PM
That's definitely part of it. I haven't seen them throw a pass to a RB in what feels like years. You gotta figure they could create a package of RB passes for Wilson, no? Man you get that kid out in space against the second and third line of the defense and he should really be able to open things up.

wait you're asking for creativity on offense!? blasphemy

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 11:50 PM
wait you're asking for creativity on offense!? blasphemy

Good point. On second thought, a draw play on 3rd and 9 or a 40 yard heave on 3rd and 1 should work...

Rusty192
11-04-2012, 11:51 PM
I wonder what impact - if at all - it's having on Eli's play.

I'm not making excuses for him; his play of late is frankly inexcusable. But he is certainly off his game and while the OC, the receivers and the O line all own a share of the blame for the crappy offensive play lately there's been no mention of the new QB coach hired since Sullivan went to Tampa.Receivers who get no separation. Shaky O-line. Receivers who catch the ball when they feel like it. (i.e. dropping it a lot) Running game that sucks. I don't care what anybody says, you can't get into a rhythm when your guys aren't getting open and you have very little time to throw. The Giants offense is all about tempo.

Toadofsteel
11-04-2012, 11:54 PM

You mean like the Tampa Bay game?

BurnerNYG
11-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Receivers who get no separation. Shaky O-line. Receivers who catch the ball when they feel like it. (i.e. dropping it a lot) Running game that sucks. I don't care what anybody says, you can't get into a rhythm when your guys aren't getting open and you have very little time to throw. The Giants offense is all about tempo.Man he's not even going through his reads on some plays. This is the NFL... somebody was open and if not, you throw him open. You have got to be kidding me! You think Eli can't have a bad game?

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Man he's not even going through his reads on some plays. This is the NFL... somebody was open and if not, you throw him open. You have got to be kidding me! You think Eli can't have a bad game?

That's what I'm getting at.

Yeah, there's other stuff that's causal and that's all valid...but some of the decision making is like he decided before the snap where he was going with the ball come hell or high water.

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 12:09 AM

Yeah, there's other stuff that's causal and that's all valid...but some of the decision making is like he decided before the snap where he was going with the ball come hell or high water.I think all of what I stated before is affecting his rhythm, I refuse to believe Eli just sucks all of a sudden, the lack of receivers getting off coverage is affecting our offense which is paramount on timing. This is causing Eli to have to fit the ball into tight windows because inevitably the protection breaks down. The occasional overthrown pass is a by product of this. Everyone NEEDS to do their job in order for our offense to be affective.

BurnerNYG
11-05-2012, 12:13 AM

Yeah, there's other stuff that's causal and that's all valid...but some of the decision making is like he decided before the snap where he was going with the ball come hell or high water.Exactly... almost Kerry Collins like. He did face a little more pressure than usual today but this has been going on for several weeks now. Sometimes after a long season like we had last year, some players just tend to get exhausted and mentally drained. This is a game for us but to the players, it's a job.

PETEY006
11-05-2012, 12:21 AM
It has nothing to do with Eli. It's the offensive line and the plays that is the problem.

wrek537emc
11-05-2012, 12:27 AM
no teams fear our run game.... becuz we cant even get 1 yard on most attempts... u know its bad when every team we face, their O knows they can convert on 4th n short or 3rd n 30. thats the problem.

wrek537emc
11-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Eli is the least of my worries.... seems like the last ranked run offense has showed up again... n this time we cant pass protect... so....

BurnerNYG
11-05-2012, 12:28 AM
It has nothing to do with Eli. It's the offensive line and the plays that is the problem.Oh I forgot, my fault... Eli can do no wrong.

rainierjef
11-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I don't think the QB coach has anything to do with it. Eli doesn't need a QB coach, Most QB's get to a place in their careers where they are their own coach and just need a guy with a title to I guess game manage.

If I a random fan can sit at the bar and watch the offense play and call exactly what's going to be run 3 out of 4 times based on the previous games I have watched, that's a problem. Because imagine the highly knowledgeable Defensive coordinator and his team who have access to more tape than I do and a think tank, and a whole week to prepare. The offense is really not that hard to figure out and teams are figuring it out, Eli is going to get exposed under this big play or nothing offense.

GiantRoc
11-05-2012, 12:31 AM

The way Eli is playing, he needs a coach. There only 5 rookie QBs. Yet all teams have QB coaches. All need coaches. Its a lot like pro golfers. They are coached all the time. Pitchers are coached all the time in the pros. Mechanics and fundamentals always need attention. Even for the great Eli Manning.

rainierjef
11-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Oh I forgot, my fault... Eli can do no wrong.

Eli is at fault, just not full fault. This was an offensive loss, I think the defense did enough, I mean come on man! Osi gets you a strip fumble sack and Boley runs it in, you want to play conservative ball with a 10 point lead? that two teams we let come back for a total of 34 points in the past two games just ridiculous. Something needs to change, Maybe TC need to pull a Fassel.

BurnerNYG
11-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Eli is at fault, just not full fault. This was an offensive loss, I think the defense did enough, I mean come on man! Osi gets you a strip fumble sack and Boley runs it in, you want to play conservative ball with a 10 point lead? that two teams we let come back for a total of 34 points in the past two games just ridiculous. Something needs to change, Maybe TC need to pull a Fassel.I agree. The whole offense is at fault but like I said before, it's been going on for several weeks now. Like you said, it's either big play or bust. Everybody in the league knows Pitt likes to bring pressure, what happened to the quick slants? What happened to the check downs to the rb. Why can't we run a screen play to save our life? Where's the trick plays. This offense is downright predictable and uninspiring at times.

Robert21156
11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
You are SO correct, yet these 2 items seem to be a mistery to most posters here. QB's need to see receivers coming open before making a decision to throw to them. Only Cruz gets open quickly of all our WR's, and our O-line is only adequate. They often get pushed back into Eli so he can't step to make good throws. I'm certainly not going to defend Eli's play in the last few games, but it's a team thing. As another posted said, Pittsburgh doesn't play well against the hurry-up, but did we run that? No! Is Eli good at it? No, not good, but outstanding at it. Yet our coaches are just so old-fashioned that they can't pull the trigger on appropriate changes.

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 05:26 PM
wait you're asking for creativity on offense!? blasphemyCreativity and innovation is not on Coughlins's and Killdrive's vocabulary. According to Coughlin press conference he said he does not understand what is wrong: "we always have done it this way". I guess the fact that everyone knows what they have been doing and he needs to change things, escapes him.