PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous.

ImElectric2
11-05-2012, 04:15 AM
Do any of the Chicken Little fans remember how awful we looked last year against the Saints? If not, let me remind you. We were pathetic. There was no way that team was doing anything positive, let alone making the playoffs. So what's my point? We didn't look that bad today. Or the last 3 weeks. We have less to shore up and much more to hang our hats on. And guess what? We got it together and won the Super Bowl. So calm down. We lead our division and have 7 more games to play. Something tells me Eli doesn't get shut out of the endzone like he has the last 2 weeks the rest of the season. Heck, we might even get another win! Imagine? Seriously though, you're all adorable with your faith as strong as egg shells. Go Blue...onto Cinci.

M00KIE
11-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Imo they get a pass this week regardless. Too much going on, just happy they played the game. I'm not worried about the season, especially considering we played a pretty good team.

njersey
11-05-2012, 05:02 AM
We always look bad against the Saints!

Dorothy
11-05-2012, 07:24 AM

I could swear they were the Steelers that we played

CDN_G-FAN
11-05-2012, 07:34 AM
its a game we could have won and didn't.

these fans can freak out and pee their pants if they want to, but it just makes them look stupid.

it was basically a one possession game and we lost.

get over it.

brad
11-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Poor showing, and frustrating, but not the end of the world. I have no doubt the offense will get rolling again!

That being said, you have to expect fans to get frustrated after a game like that, especially considering the offensive problems have spanned a few weeks now. Frustrated is very different than calling for the firing of coaches and wholesale changes with players however.

Flip Empty
11-05-2012, 07:45 AM
its a game we could have won and didn't.

these fans can freak out and pee their pants if they want to, but it just makes them look stupid.

it was basically a one possession game and we lost.

get over it.
I think it's more because it was a culmination of the past few weeks. They didn't fix the things that weren't working, and it finally caught up with them.

SweetZombieJesus
11-05-2012, 07:49 AM
On a macro level, we were 6-2, it's just the usual 2nd half swoon. We are now 1-8 in week 9 games under Coughlin.

We were up 20-10 and the defense was soft and exploitable and the offense sputtered.

CDN_G-FAN
11-05-2012, 07:51 AM
I think it's more because it was a culmination of the past few weeks. They didn't fix the things that weren't working, and it finally caught up with them.

you know what? We fans sure talk a good game of 'a win is a win', but when the rubber hits the road i guess a win isn't really a win.

i get it that fans need to vent, but they look at these games in a vacuum like its just a generic opponent on the other side.

the cowboys went on the road to Atlanta, held that offense which has beein ripping opponents all year to under 20 points, and were one possession away from beating the falcons with guys signed off of their couches at LBer and some 3rd string HB i've never heard of.

the offense, specifically eli and his receivers, need to improve significantly, but we haven't been facing chumps the last few weeks that people are complaining about.

Flip Empty
11-05-2012, 08:01 AM
you know what? We fans sure talk a good game of 'a win is a win', but when the rubber hits the road i guess a win isn't really a win.

i get it that fans need to vent, but they look at these games in a vacuum like its just a generic opponent on the other side.

the cowboys went on the road to Atlanta, held that offense which has beein ripping opponents all year to under 20 points, and were one possession away from beating the falcons with guys signed off of their couches at LBer and some 3rd string HB i've never heard of.

the offense, specifically eli and his receivers, need to improve significantly, but we haven't been facing chumps the last few weeks that people are complaining about.
The Falcons haven't been ripping everyone, five of their seven games were decided by a single possession. The Panthers, Raiders and Redskins all played them close.
Meanwhile, the Redskins defense is among the worst in the league, yet the Giants O struggled against it.

CDN_G-FAN
11-05-2012, 08:08 AM
The Falcons haven't been ripping everyone, five of their seven games were decided by a single possession. The Panthers, Raiders and Redskins all played them close.
Meanwhile, the Redskins defense is among the worst in the league, yet the Giants O struggled against it.

eli and the offense played brutal against the redskins, no question.

the falcons are averaging 27 points per game, irrespective of how much they get scored on. that offense has been brilliant this year.

ImElectric2
11-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Poor showing, and frustrating, but not the end of the world. I have no doubt the offense will get rolling again! That being said, you have to expect fans to get frustrated after a game like that, especially considering the offensive problems have spanned a few weeks now. Frustrated is very different than calling for the firing of coaches and wholesale changes with players however.The wholesale changes is really what prompted this post. People wanting the coaching staff fired (what?!), talking about how Eli isn't and has never been good (and not even trolling!), and how Reese has doomed this team. It was one game that we lost to a good team who played better than us. And you know what? If our offense plays even half as good as we can, as opposed to not even playing a tenth as good as we can, we win by double digits. We're a good team with rough edges that needs a bit more self-discipline. Well be good. If tuck is actually back and not just a one game wonder I think that'll do wonders for us. Plus, prince and hosley are only gonna get better and learn from their mistakes. Let's not crucify these guys for being young....you may be eating your words come playoffs...

Nolan24
11-05-2012, 12:53 PM
for real, It's not like the Giants have been getting blown out like they did against the Saints and a couple other times last season. They have been in every game to the final minute

brad
11-05-2012, 12:54 PM
The wholesale changes is really what prompted this post. People wanting the coaching staff fired (what?!), talking about how Eli isn't and has never been good (and not even trolling!), and how Reese has doomed this team. It was one game that we lost to a good team who played better than us. And you know what? If our offense plays even half as good as we can, as opposed to not even playing a tenth as good as we can, we win by double digits. We're a good team with rough edges that needs a bit more self-discipline. Well be good. If tuck is actually back and not just a one game wonder I think that'll do wonders for us. Plus, prince and hosley are only gonna get better and learn from their mistakes. Let's not crucify these guys for being young....you may be eating your words come playoffs...

Agreed...

egyptian420
11-05-2012, 01:10 PM
I think a lot of people are over reacting but lets not make light of how poorly we are playing.

Granted, we have faced some really good teams (defenses especially) and any logical thinking Giants fans knows that the season is far from over; heck, we're 6-3 and at the top of our division. But you've got to have some level of concern about how out of sync our offense has been. When our offense plays as good as we know they can, they perform against any defense (ex. SF).

We can't sustain drives, we can't run the ball consistently, and we're terrible in the red zone. We need to come out aggressive against the Bengals and get this offense going again.

GameTime
11-05-2012, 01:13 PM
they are 6-3 and leading the div....

bad game amd game the should have won...

its done.....on to next week

egyptian420
11-05-2012, 01:16 PM

its done.....on to next weekhttp://theteendoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/i-agree.jpg

bklyn1028
11-05-2012, 01:19 PM

And you know what, we will continue to lead the division. Dallas is done unless some miracle happens, same with the Eagles. Washington is the only threat, and RG3 as talented as he is, is still a rookie, when the money hits the table, he'll fold, just like Newton did. No my fellow Giants fans, inasmuch as Eli and the offense had 2 bad weeks, they'll get it in gear, and we'll win the division. I have absolutely no doubt.

GameTime
11-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I like that they are leading the div but they need to tighten up their game big time. If they get to the playoffs playinig like the last few weeks they will get smoked in the first game.....

stormblue
11-05-2012, 01:22 PM

ha - ha ; then replace that Steeler avatar with a "Bengals Buster"

GameTime
11-05-2012, 01:31 PM
ha - ha ; then replace that Steeler avatar with a "Bengals Buster"
true...I wait till tuesdays usually......:)

nycisgreat
11-05-2012, 03:17 PM

I agree!