PDA

View Full Version : Why Wilson over Andre Brown?

Buto
11-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Brown has more experience.
Brown is better at QB protection.
Brown looks like a better RB than Bradshaw at this point.
Brown can catch the ball.
Brown can break the long one and get the tough yards.

Why is Brown so easily over looked in favor of Wilson on this board?

Lemmeknow

Flip Empty
11-05-2012, 07:55 AM
What? He isn't being overlooked.

Check the threads - people are calling for Brown to start and for Wilson to get a share of the action.

brad
11-05-2012, 07:58 AM
I like Brown, but he averaged less per carry than Bradshaw this week... he wasn't exactly lighting a fire on offense either.

I agree with Brown over Wilson at this point however. But I would like to see Wilson getting a few carries just to provide a spark. Wilson provides the big play that AB1 and AB2 do not... which is why you hear many calling for him to get more carries. I would like him to get a few a game, but I personally don't see him as an every down back and certainly not the back that would be used in short yardage situations.

BillTheGreek
11-05-2012, 08:12 AM

Lemmeknow

WHAT ! Not me...............I say Brown, Wilson & then Bradshaw !

Zaggs
11-05-2012, 08:18 AM

Lemmeknow

He is not easily overlook. But no one is expecting Brown to be able to rattle off a 40 yard TD run. Both Brown and Wilson seem to have a better sense for the holes than Bradshaw does right now. I think alot of people are thinking Coughlin is being too harsh with Wilson and need to get the kid some playing time.

BillTheGreek
11-05-2012, 08:26 AM
He is not easily overlook. But no one is expecting Brown to be able to rattle off a 40 yard TD run. Both Brown and Wilson seem to have a better sense for the holes than Bradshaw does right now. I think alot of people are thinking Coughlin is being too harsh with Wilson and need to get the kid some playing time.

Your right (Coughlin is being too harsh with Wilson ) The Reason IMO is the Fumble Wilson made ! For some reason he still feels he's not ready, Also his Blocking needs to get better. And he's a Rookie !

Flip Empty
11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Your right (Coughlin is being too harsh with Wilson ) The Reason IMO is the Fumble Wilson made ! For some reason he still feels he's not ready
Yet it's fine for Bradshaw to fumble an opening possession.

GIANTSACK
11-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Bradshaw dancing in the backfield is killing our drives. He tries to make one too many cuts when he should just settle for what the defense gives u. That's why I prefer brown over Ahmad as of today. Bradshaw vision is not what it use to be and his body is definitely near what he was when he came into the league. Sorry but we need to go with brown from now on and let Bradshaw figure himself out.

BillTheGreek
11-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Yet it's fine for Bradshaw to fumble an opening possession.

Your Right ! But I think Tom forgave him !.............Hmmm I think so.

G-MENBK
11-05-2012, 08:38 AM
About Wilson, seriously, he's lost a step when returning punts. Was something said to him? I mean, before, he caught the ball and just jetted. Now, he has to survey the field before making a decision as to where to run with the ball.

BigBlue1971
11-05-2012, 08:54 AM
i dont think Wilson is favored by many over Brown! personally i think Brown should get a lot more playing time than he does!

until Wilson adapts to the pro game he will be spotty in the offense. he is our best kickoff returner and has kept us close with his play there!

jomo
11-05-2012, 08:55 AM

LemmeknowHe is not overlooked by the coaches in any way so who cares?

jomo
11-05-2012, 08:57 AM
About Wilson, seriously, he's lost a step when returning punts. Was something said to him? I mean, before, he caught the ball and just jetted. Now, he has to survey the field before making a decision as to where to run with the ball.Do you mean Randle returning punts? I don't think Wilson has returned a punt this year but certainly Randle has been the established punt returner for most of the season.

BlueReign
11-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Wilson is 2007 Ahmad Bradshaw.

RoanokeFan
11-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Brown has more experience. Brown is better at QB protection. Brown looks like a better RB than Bradshaw at this point. Brown can catch the ball. Brown can break the long one and get the tough yards. Why is Brown so easily over looked in favor of Wilson on this board? Lemmeknow That's just not true

Buto
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
RF I haven't figure this new MB out yet.
Hope you get this.

What isn't true?
Some of it? All of it? Why?

Is Wilson better than A Brown at this point?
Or is it the over looked part?

TheShouldersOf
11-05-2012, 12:33 PM
More Experience?

do you mean getting Cut from Four Teams? Playing Three Games with Denver for Minus 1 Yard on 2 Attempts?

so far dropped two passes, and clearly missed a couple protection blocks

Brown is not the answer, short yardage maybe, but not a premier back

7 Carries for 20 yards

Wilson has the Speed/Elusiveness Cut-Back Ability, but not on one or two carries when people know he is going to run,

ALLnygIN
11-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Your right (Coughlin is being too harsh with Wilson ) The Reason IMO is the Fumble Wilson made ! For some reason he still feels he's not ready, Also his Blocking needs to get better. And he's a Rookie !

yeah coughlin still thinks deihl is the answer also, he's still very thick-headed. Don't get me wrong I love coughlin great coach, but he needs to learn to utilize his guys and not pick favorites all the time.. It's one thing to put a veteran to start, its another not to pull them do to bad play when a younger player has the skill set to out perform the vet whos just not cutting it anymore.

joemorrisforprez
11-05-2012, 02:51 PM

Lemmeknow

I'd like to see Brown and Wilson get alot more carries. Time for Bad Wheels Bradshaw to rest up those broken feet.

Cloud57
11-05-2012, 02:52 PM
pointless thread, none of them will get more than 5 carries

Ruttiger711
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Do you mean Randle returning punts? I don't think Wilson has returned a punt this year but certainly Randle has been the established punt returner for most of the season.

Think he means the kickoffs... but i noticed the same thing. I think Wilson's being coached out of his natural instincts and overthinking what he's doing on the returns now.