PDA

View Full Version : A lot of negatives from yesterdays game but also a positive

hadenough
11-05-2012, 08:30 AM
There are too many negatives to go around...the Giants just didn't play well. But Pittsburgh played really well yesterday and will likely be a playoff team that makes a push to the bowl.

For the Giants to play that bad...and have a lead....and have a chance to win it, gives some hope. If they can play bad and still hang with solid teams...it's a good sign when the get their act together.

CDN_G-FAN
11-05-2012, 08:32 AM
also, hopefully the game dismissed the usual 'games are rigged, officials hate the giants' BS.

we ended up on the right side of alot of calls yesterday that could've gone either way.

hadenough
11-05-2012, 08:37 AM
also, hopefully the game dismissed the usual 'games are rigged, officials hate the giants' BS.

we ended up on the right side of alot of calls yesterday that could've gone either way.

Yeah...the big calls went their way...even though they were the right calls...they could have gone either way. Redman was a bowling ball they just couldn't stop.

EliDaMANning
11-05-2012, 08:41 AM

we ended up on the right side of alot of calls yesterday that could've gone either way.How about all those blalant non holding calls against the Giants on several of those running plays? The only ticky tack penalty was the PI on Nicks. Everything else was clearly legit. The fumble could not have gone any other way because it was a fumble.

BigBlue1971
11-05-2012, 08:42 AM
the 1 positive i see is they cant do much worse than yesterday!

these guys are the defending sb champs and imo make that statement in weeks to come!

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 08:43 AM
I only learned two things.......... #1 Eli has some sort of physical or mental issue........concussion?

#2 We ae not going anywhere without Blackburn and Locklear back in the line-up

yo-ho
11-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Special teams were a disaster which is something we haven't seen so far this year. But the lack of a running game is really hurting this team. If you can't run, then you have to do something else. I watched Atlanta carve up Dallas last night with a lot of diversity in their offensive play calling. They throw a lot to their backs in the flat, to TE. Do we throw to backs in the flat? No, only to Hynoski on rare occasion. Or to a HB only when they split him out and try a bubble screen, but since they do it every time they split the back out, everyone in the world knows it's coming.

But the lack of a running game bothers me the most, if they can't get that going then play action is not going to be there and Eli will go back to the old Eli making panic throws.

CDN_G-FAN
11-05-2012, 09:13 AM
How about all those blalant non holding calls against the Giants on several of those running plays? The only ticky tack penalty was the PI on Nicks. Everything else was clearly legit. The fumble could not have gone any other way because it was a fumble.

the overwhelming majority of non-giants fans that have seen the replay of that fumble, including Phil Simms, feel like it wasn't a fumble.

the point is there's never been a conspiracy against the giants with the refs. we get as many good calls as bad calls, and yesterday is just more evidence of that.

BlueReign
11-05-2012, 09:19 AM
We lost by 4 points to a good team and we didn't even show up offensively. I'm not worried about the rest of the season, but a) I'm disappointed and b) I really hope yesterdays game won't make us HAVE to beat the Eagles in the last week to get into the playoffs. Thats all I've got though.

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 09:20 AM
There was not one positive from that game.

yo-ho
11-05-2012, 09:46 AM
The defense didn't play too bad of a game especially given that the offense couldn't sustain a drive. They got worn down and got beat up physically at the end. But not scoring from the four yard line again just shows how bad the running game is.

EliDaMANning
11-05-2012, 10:05 AM
the overwhelming majority of non-giants fans that have seen the replay of that fumble, including Phil Simms, feel like it wasn't a fumble.

the point is there's never been a conspiracy against the giants with the refs. we get as many good calls as bad calls, and yesterday is just more evidence of that.But Phil corrected his mistake later on. The people in the studio said it was the correct call also.