PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we dink and dunk more?

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 09:58 AM
The deep throw is not working anymore, and it seems as if that's the only play we have in the playbook to move the chains. Shouldn't we be throwing short to intermediate passes instead?

EliDaMANning
11-05-2012, 10:03 AM
It's not in the playbook.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 10:04 AM
It's not in the playbook. :O

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 10:06 AM
I love screen passes and we run them well..............but do not call them but once every 3 games

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 10:08 AM
The deep throw is not working anymore, and it seems as if that's the only play we have in the playbook to move the chains. Shouldn't we be throwing short to intermediate passes instead?

they are jamming our receivers a lot at the line and putting a safety over the top. what needs to happen is for hixon to step up and for bennett to stop dropping passes since nicks cant get open.

diewreck
11-05-2012, 10:15 AM
The deep throw is not working anymore, and it seems as if that's the only play we have in the playbook to move the chains. Shouldn't we be throwing short to intermediate passes instead? beccause Gillbride is an unadaptive QB coach that has no business being an NFL OC ... and btw it is in the playbook. Just not in the game plan. We used to throw inside slants, WR and Te screens but it gets lost in translation. Our offense has been horrible, not even mediocre for 5 of the 9 games we've played. Coming off the storm and playing a quality team like steelers I'm not in panic mode about yesterday but our offense can't can't I mean can't expect to play one qtr of football per game and succeed. Why is Diehl stating over Locks? We surrendered 8 sacks this season four of them on Diehl. When Diehl was hurt we gave up one sack. Why does Bradshaw still have a start? Wilson fumbled once he's in "Coughlin's doghouse" guess what? Bradshaw has been fumbling since he's been here but he's the starter. Brown is very productive. Wilson as a change up is proven. Finally .... Fourth qtr 3 mins left, the opposition has been running the ball down ur throat, your offense has suffered (5) 3 and outs you're down by four points... should u kick the ball back to an offense that has already put up two TD's on your defense in the fourth qtr alone?

stormblue
11-05-2012, 10:17 AM
the short passing ball control to keep getting first downs and sustain a drive chapter
seems to be missing from the playbook.

it's called west coast offense....and i guess we don't use that chapter any more.

Breviloquence
11-05-2012, 10:17 AM
I totally just covered that in the post I just made... Gilbride doesn't make adjustments. ^^^

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 10:18 AM
has KG ever seen a SLANT before? How about, oh idk, a crossing route over the middle to Wilson coming out of the backfield? I mean something. Just anything simple and short to make sure we arent in 3rd and 10 every possession. My goodness, you'd think KG is actually a big Troll afterall..

BillTheGreek
11-05-2012, 10:29 AM
they are jamming our receivers a lot at the line and putting a safety over the top. what needs to happen is for hixon to step up and for bennett to stop dropping passes since nicks cant get open.

Your right about Bennette, dropping passes ! I Like Bennette a Lot , now I am having second thoughts about him..........

stormblue
11-05-2012, 10:32 AM

and sit Nicks down and use a healthy receiver who can get a little separation.
Hixon is way faster than Nicks...even when he's healthy.

TheAnalyst
11-05-2012, 10:33 AM
What needs to happen is Eli needs to get it together and hit his WRs and stop making that dumb shrug face trying to act like the WR ran a bad route. What the hell was Eli thinking on that play that got Cruz knocked out? Thats the bad Eli, all over again.

Gimaniac
11-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Why all the Bennett hate? He was targeted 4 times and had 3 catches.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 10:37 AM
What needs to happen is Eli needs to get it together and hit his WRs and stop making that dumb shrug face trying to act like the WR ran a bad route. What the hell was Eli thinking on that play that got Cruz knocked out? Thats the bad Eli, all over again.Eli has not been playing well, but it's not just him. Time and time again receivers are just dropping passes. Eli and the receivers are not on page. Receivers are being jammed and doubled team and we are STILL throwing 50 yard bombs. That's playcalling.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Why all the Bennett hate? He was targeted 4 times and had 3 catches.We aren't using him effectively either..I know he blocks, but our passing game is slowing all the way down and we need him in there catching passes.

TheAnalyst
11-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Eli has not been playing well, but it's not just him. Time and time again receivers are just dropping passes. Eli and the receivers are not on page. Receivers are being jammed and doubled team and we are STILL throwing 50 yard bombs. That's playcalling.

I know it isn't JUST Eli, but he is the QB of the team that is struggling majorly on offense. His passes have been off for the past few games. He had what, 23 straight games of 200+ yards, then 3 of his past 4 games have been under 200 yards. He is in a funk. Missing open WRs, not hitting them in stride, trying to go deep too much. His INT was terrible! Very bad decision by him. He almost threw 2 more during the game. He just is way off right now. The chuck and duck is being defended and we are not making any changes.

Oh and the deep balls, that is kinda on Eli. I mean, he has the option to throw it or not. He could of hit Bradshaw underneath on his INT, but he tried to make a play.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I know it isn't JUST Eli, but he is the QB of the team that is struggling majorly on offense. His passes have been off for the past few games. He had what, 23 straight games of 200+ yards, then 3 of his past 4 games have been under 200 yards. He is in a funk. Missing open WRs, not hitting them in stride, trying to go deep too much. His INT was terrible! Very bad decision by him. He almost threw 2 more during the game. He just is way off right now. The chuck and duck is being defended and we are not making any changes.

Oh and the deep balls, that is kinda on Eli. I mean, he has the option to throw it or not. He could of hit Bradshaw underneath on his INT, but he tried to make a play.That's stupid to me. (No offense) You mean to tell me that Eli all of a sudden just started sucking? The receivers started sucking? They all went into some suckfest? I'm not buying it. Our offense has been figured out, beause we don't change our plays.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 10:51 AM
The deep throw is not working anymore, and it seems as if that's the only play we have in the playbook to move the chains. Shouldn't we be throwing short to intermediate passes instead?+1 but TC said in the post game that they aren't going to change anything so people need to do their job....whatever that means.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 10:52 AM
+1 but TC said in the post game that they aren't going to change anything so people need to do their job....whatever that means.That scares me.

GameTime
11-05-2012, 10:57 AM
this offense needs to take a step back and get some ****ing first downs. This BS of big plays when they need 3 yards deep in their own end of the field is bull****. The Steelers played last like the Giants "should" be playing......game plan wise

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 10:59 AM
That scares me.me too I love TC but he needs to calm his OC and his ego down...cause if we the fans can see the problems and he can't....smh. lol TC your really going to go with this 30-40 passes on every series on offense?? I can see one or two but there was like 7 or 8

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 11:13 AM
And why all of a sudden the blame on Eli? People are crazy.

One week he's the greatest ever, the next week he's back to 2010. People need to stop. He cannot do everything, the only thing he can do is work on his play. Has he been struggling? yes he has, no doubt about that. Is he the reason we are sucking? no.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 11:17 AM
And why all of a sudden the blame on Eli? People are crazy.

One week he's the greatest ever, the next week he's back to 2010. People need to stop. He cannot do everything, the only thing he can do is work on his play. Has he been struggling? yes he has, no doubt about that. Is he the reason we are sucking? no.

He is definately contributing to the reason we are playing bad. It is the whole offense. But i agree. people are so week to week on here. 1 minute a player is a stud the next week its time for him to go

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 11:20 AM
He is definately contributing to the reason we are playing bad. It is the whole offense. But i agree. people are so week to week on here. 1 minute a player is a stud the next week its time for him to goIt needs to stop. Either you like Eli or you don't. Not this week to week crap.

Ruttiger711
11-05-2012, 11:52 AM
It needs to stop. Either you like Eli or you don't. Not this week to week crap.

Ha - good luck with that one.

..but in response to your original question, I really dont know... and it doesnt even have to be dink and dunk, the 7-15 yd pass plays seem to be non-existant. So many teams have the TE as the bail-out option underneath... ok our WR's are covered but there was NOBODY over the LB's in the middle of the field ... NOBODY... we literally could have marched down the field the way Dallas ripped us one last week w Witten. Is Barden being kept inside that much?

oh wait - we do dink and dunk, when its 3rd and 10 we throw for 5 or 6.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/content/2012/0817-dunkin/13488650-1-eng-US/0817-dunkin_full_600.jpg

joemorrisforprez
11-05-2012, 03:52 PM
With Bennett and Cruz, the Giants should be abusing people.....instead, Killdrive is in love with deep bombs on 3rd and short.

BlueSanta
11-05-2012, 03:54 PM
In my opinion, the biggest hinerance to us not throwing more underneath routes is the offenses reluctance to involve the RBs in the receiving game.

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 03:58 PM
It needs to stop. Either you like Eli or you don't. Not this week to week crap.Great post. Well said.

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 03:59 PM
What needs to happen is Eli needs to get it together and hit his WRs and stop making that dumb shrug face trying to act like the WR ran a bad route. What the hell was Eli thinking on that play that got Cruz knocked out? Thats the bad Eli, all over again.Please stop

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 04:01 PM
With Bennett and Cruz, the Giants should be abusing people.....instead, Killdrive is in love with deep bombs on 3rd and short.And using Wilson oh my gosh!

Anyone wondering why Tampa and Josh couldnt-hit-a-barndoor-a-few-weeks-ago Freeman are doing so well on offense?

Because they are getting their exciting young rookie involved in the playbook!!!

joemorrisforprez
11-05-2012, 04:06 PM
And using Wilson oh my gosh!

Anyone wondering why Tampa and Josh couldnt-hit-a-barndoor-a-few-weeks-ago Freeman are doing so well on offense?

Because they are getting their exciting young rookie involved in the playbook!!!

It really boggles my mind......all around the NFL, teams draft these rookie RBs and they just take to the game like ducks to water.

I'd literally crap my pants if they lined Wilson up behind Hynoski and just tried to run the ball.....just once.....give it a try.

GiantWarfare
11-05-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm just tired of the bombs on 3rd and 1, or the back shoulder throw 15 yards down the field. Just run a short in or slant route and pick up the 1st down. Or a screen or something. If its 3rd and 5 or less, try to get enough yards to keep the drive alive...just focus on converting 3rd downs.

Our offense seems to look for the big play way too often, instead of keeping a drive alive. My 2 cents...

GmanSenior
11-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Then why don't we do that on defense?

Moke
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Did Bennett miss many yesterday's game? I saw him get thrown at once if I remember correctly and he actually caught it...

nycisgreat
11-05-2012, 04:25 PM

Our screen game retired when Tiki did. If we did screen to our RBs instead of WRs. I think it would open the offense a little more. I still believe success begins with the running game because you can be more creative with the offense if the team is running the ball well.

xRick52x
11-05-2012, 04:36 PM

the heck? It only hasn't worked the past two games and YOU want to abandon it??

GiantWarfare
11-05-2012, 04:38 PM

no one wants to abandon anything, simply to limit our attempts at a big play and to sometimes switch it up to dink and dunk.

Moke
11-05-2012, 04:39 PM

You need to adjust in the game of football. With 16 games, it gets scary when something isn't working for 2 games straight....This isn't hockey or basketball.

gmenfan0488
11-05-2012, 04:48 PM
We are entirely to reliant upon the deep pass, probably because Eli's been one of the best if not the best deep passer in the league, . Gilbride's play-calling is maddening, use some shorter passes. Use screens to the running backs and Cruz and Nicks, who can also run after the catch. Our playcalling is predictable at times. Switch things up.

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 05:21 PM
We are entirely to reliant upon the deep pass, probably because Eli's been one of the best if not the best deep passer in the league, . Gilbride's play-calling is maddening, use some shorter passes. Use screens to the running backs and Cruz and Nicks, who can also run after the catch. Our playcalling is predictable at times. Switch things up.The pass offense that Gilbride runs is untouchable when everything works.

Having said that, I really wish he would involve the TE more in the pass game like other teams. Why not take advantage? We have the guy for it in Bennett.

And how come we don't use RB's like Wilson in short yardage situations? Or checkdown options? Why is he so adverse to this? It drives me crazy how other teams dump it off and have HUGE success because it takes pressure off the QB. I've seen Peyton do this tons of times this year. Against Cincy he was checking down like crazy.

jax5338
11-05-2012, 05:51 PM
agree that it would be nice to have a reliable checkdown guy in this offense. we simply don't have a desgin to let the RBs catch passes. it seems to me like guys like brees and ryan complete every other pass to their RBs (sproles and j.rodgers) because when their guys are not getting open downfield and they always have an easy checkdown for a positive gain. eli tries to sometimes force passes to guy when they are not ope (as he has been a lot recently) because we have no reliable checkdowns. for this reason i would like to see wilson get in a lil more. i think the drops and the fumble early on killed him in that regard bc the coaches don't trust him, but i think he has the quickness and skills to be a great pass catching back.

BigBlue wins
11-05-2012, 05:55 PM
With gilbride, we'll only dink and dunk on 3rd and longs lol.

But more seriously, we don't get it done as well because we don't use our TE more often. It's like when we use Bennett its for longer than 10 yards. Anyone else notice this?

xRick52x
11-05-2012, 06:02 PM
You need to adjust in the game of football. With 16 games, it gets scary when something isn't working for 2 games straight....This isn't hockey or basketball.

Dude, of course. But ABANDONING something is completely different than making adjustments...c'mon now

xRick52x
11-05-2012, 06:05 PM
He is definately contributing to the reason we are playing bad. It is the whole offense. But i agree. people are so week to week on here. 1 minute a player is a stud the next week its time for him to go

And he has been one of the biggest contributors to our 6 wins. At one point, he was seriously being talked about as the MVP for the year. I think it'sobvious to say that the "MVP" status is out of the discussion (for now). Relax guys, there is a lot of season left. Don't forget '07 and.....LAST YEAR

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 06:10 PM
or if this continues.........GET DRUNK MORE

JesseJames
11-05-2012, 06:12 PM
now I understand why Buddy Ryan decked Gilbride when they were both in Houston..

Tmurda1984
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
There's nothing wrong with Gilbride's scheme...it won us 2 superbowls. We are not executing at all, and Eli Manning is making dumb decisions out there. Every1 in the league know that if you get a good pass rush on Eli, hes going to chuck it up there for the defense. Our running game is trash, or only successful runs are HB draws because our offensive line is soft so we have to use deception more than brute strength. Victor Cruz had alligator arms after Ryan Clark leveled him, and Hakeem Nicks is a non factor. Has any1 seen Bennett in the last 5 weeks? I thought he was suppose to be this great tight end around here. I can see why Dallas gave him away.

NYG 5
11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
need to get Wilson involved in the passing game, and get him into space. don't care if he isn't a good pass protector, when i see Brown or Bradshaw going out wide, i shake my head. where's the threat there? i thought the whole point of Wilson was to get a 70 catch, change of pace RB

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 07:00 PM
now I understand why Buddy Ryan decked Gilbride when they were both in Houston..I was watching that game on TV and Buddy just about had it with Killdrive. His D busted their butts to get the ball back near their goal line and Killdrive pulled the same **** that does now, run for no gain, run fro no gain, throw deep incomplete, punt. 3 and out and the D had to go out there and defend again with no rest. Had they made the 1st down, they would have run the clock out. Sounds familiar? That was 20 some years now and he still pulls the same ****.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Eli said himself he wants to dink and dunk more...so we will see what happens. I have a feeling Terrance Newman will cure all.