PDA

View Full Version : herz

ryan12
11-05-2012, 10:12 AM
i havent heard anyone talking about him. he had a BRUTAL game he looked confused all afternoon. kinda makes up appreciate chase that much more

Breviloquence
11-05-2012, 10:16 AM
I don't know why everyone expects the guy to just step in and play like he's a stud. It takes time. It's one thing to call plays and line people up in practice, but it's totally different on game day. Give the guy some time to get rid of the jitters

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Ive defended Chase all year and would love to go pull up some of those threds with everyone bashing me.

Herzlich is simply just NOT the answer at MLB. Its about time this scouting team and Jerry Reese get their ****ing act together and find/draft some servicable LB'ers. My god, youd think the college position of LB'er doesnt exist the way we draft

oldgiantfan
11-05-2012, 10:22 AM
We need a middle linebacker. Neither are the answer

Breviloquence
11-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Guys, don't panic. It takes time. VERY FEW players just stepped in and player middle linebacker without growing pains. Give the guy a few games before you get all "ZOMG LETS PANIC"

sharick88
11-05-2012, 10:28 AM
i havent heard anyone talking about him. he had a BRUTAL game he looked confused all afternoon. kinda makes up appreciate chase that much more

Well maybe because most people on here are sane and do realize that this is his first career start at MLB and that you can't expect him to be Brian Urlacher in his prime out there.

sharick88
11-05-2012, 10:29 AM
We need a middle linebacker. Neither are the answer

You figured that out after his first career start? GTFO Ms Cleo

Breviloquence
11-05-2012, 10:30 AM
What? He's not the second coming of Ray Lewis? Cut him and get somebody else!

Breviloquence
11-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Sarcasm ^

nycisgreat
11-05-2012, 10:34 AM

Lol, what did you expect. If he had a monster game. His supporters would be killing guys like me who support Blackburn. Some peoples memory is really short. Herz had opportunity last season, and he play just as bad yesterday as he did all last season. Herz got killed yesterday plain and simple.

nycisgreat
11-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I don't know why everyone expects the guy to just step in and play like he's a stud. It takes time. It's one thing to call plays and line people up in practice, but it's totally different on game day. Give the guy some time to get rid of the jitters

It wasn't one game. He stunk last last season as well. If Herz played well last season, there would be no Blackburn on this team. Herz never seized the moment.

GMENAGAIN
11-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Ive defended Chase all year and would love to go pull up some of those threds with everyone bashing me.

Herzlich is simply just NOT the answer at MLB. Its about time this scouting team and Jerry Reese get their ****ing act together and find/draft some servicable LB'ers. My god, youd think the college position of LB'er doesnt exist the way we draft

What does Herzlich's play have to do with Blackburn's play?

Breviloquence
11-05-2012, 10:47 AM
It just takes time. I'm not saying the guy is ever going to be a stud starting middle linebacker, but remember when Chase was AWFUL. I don't mean the level of awful he is now, but when they didn't even want him on the team because he was terribad.

TheAnalyst
11-05-2012, 10:57 AM

+1 , Im sure I was in those threads as well. Chase may not be a beast MLB, but he is by far better then anything else we have.

GameTime
11-05-2012, 10:58 AM
lets see the Steelers ran up the gut 90% of the time last night. So Herz sucked right along with the rest of them....

ryan12
11-05-2012, 11:26 AM
lets see the Steelers ran up the gut 90% of the time last night. So Herz sucked right along with the rest of them....

right up the middle is my point.... unless issac redman is the next jim brown no reason herz shouldnt have made more plays.

TheAnalyst
11-05-2012, 11:49 AM

Herz was out of position a bunch. And his coverage is pretty bad.

ryan12
11-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Herz was out of position a bunch. And his coverage is pretty bad.

agreed i love herz love the whole story but he looked lost yesterday. not blaming the whole D on him but he was awful i expected alot more from him

jaxnygmen
11-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Bottom line. A position that has been neglected for far to long and it is now showing time and time again.

nycisgreat
11-05-2012, 12:03 PM

Rocky Bernard was just as bad as Herz yesterday. The Steelers run game when Canty went down. Bernard was also a revolving door against the run.

DownWitJPP
11-05-2012, 12:41 PM
It wasn't one game. He stunk last last season as well. If Herz played well last season, there would be no Blackburn on this team. Herz never seized the moment.

wrong..herz was playing pretty good actually...kinda hard to keep your starting job with a broken ankle.
as far as last night goes he had a rough game but i expect him to get better. The kid hasn't been on the field except for special teams and goal line situations all year

Nolan24
11-05-2012, 12:45 PM
it seems the Giants have been putting a band-aid over the MLB postion ever since AP busted his neck & retired.

While I think that Chase is very slow, he always seems to make a big play in a big spot. Herz did play poorly yesterday, no doubt. I hope he can improve in Chase's abcense

GameTime
11-05-2012, 12:59 PM
right up the middle is my point.... unless issac redman is the next jim brown no reason herz shouldnt have made more plays.
he...nor ANY MLB is the sole tackler up the middle. The whole D sucked vs the run yesterday.....