PDA

View Full Version : KILLDRIVE 3rd and 1

npd4432
11-05-2012, 09:18 AM
I am tired of seeing the 3rd and 1 play that is an intermediate to deep throw. I have never seen it work! It is not fooling anyone, try running the ball in that situation for a change. That play is about as predictable as the shotgun draw. (Which I haven't seen in a while)

BlueReign
11-05-2012, 09:20 AM
He ran 3 shotgun draws in a row yesterday.

npd4432
11-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Guess the red type didn't work, I was attempting to be sarcastic.

Breviloquence
11-05-2012, 09:22 AM
I didn't see three in a row, but I was putting away groceries for part of the game. He ran it though.. on a REALLY long down. I hate how he uses the draw. That's when he should be using the screen pass.

YATittle1962
11-05-2012, 09:41 AM
I am tired of seeing the 3rd and 1 play that is an intermediate to deep throw. I have never seen it work! It is not fooling anyone, try running the ball in that situation for a change. That play is about as predictable as the shotgun draw. (Which I haven't seen in a while)

ran a shotgun draw on 3rd and 1 yesterday and converted

Breviloquence
11-05-2012, 09:43 AM

Wow, he usually runs it when we're 15-20 yards deep on third down!

TheAnalyst
11-05-2012, 09:49 AM

3rd and 2. Yeah, he finally learned in the 4th quarter. Too bad he will go back to chuck and duck next week on 3rd and 1.

Breviloquence
11-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I know Hynoski is a good fullback, but I swear there are times I want to see one of our defensive tackles come in and run block on short yardage. Hell get Hynoski and Joseph in there together.

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 09:55 AM

If you haven't seen it work then you haven't been paying close enough attention.

I posted about the 40 yarder to Cruz that went for a score on 3rd and 2; from our own 19; under 7 minutes in the 4th; when we were down against Tampa Bay. I didn't like the play then, and since then we've seen it fail more often than not.

But of course when it works you get some on hear who think it's a walk in the park. Obviously it's not.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
11-05-2012, 10:04 AM
The Steelers run out the shotgun sure seemed to work.

npd4432
11-05-2012, 10:18 AM
If you haven't seen it work then you haven't been paying close enough attention.

I posted about the 40 yarder to Cruz that went for a score on 3rd and 2; from our own 19; under 7 minutes in the 4th; when we were down against Tampa Bay. I didn't like the play then, and since then we've seen it fail more often than not.

But of course when it works you get some on hear who think it's a walk in the park. Obviously it's not.

I can count on two hands how many times it doesn't work and recall a few times it did in the past few years, I am just trying to say that I would think the play is to catch the opposing defense off guard but it fails to do so if I can see what is coming from my couch.

joemorrisforprez
11-05-2012, 06:28 PM
He ran 3 shotgun draws in a row yesterday.

I hate that ****ing play.

Cloud57
11-05-2012, 06:42 PM
we throw on 3rd and 1 because Bradshaw can't run and the coaches love Bradshaw

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I think KG is a good OC but he has to make adjustments to the gameplan and get Eli in rhythm. He's gotta go with some short passes so Eli can get his accuracy going and keep the defense off balance spreading the ball around. I'm also surprised we do not dump it off more to Hyno he is great once he gets the ball in his hands. In general I think this offense is at its best when Eli makes short passes to Cruz and Nicks they are good enough playmakers to get yards after the catch.Enough with the 40 yard bombs if they do this first the deep ball will be there.