PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Nicks is not that Hurt, stop making excuses because i am not buying it

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 10:32 AM
correct me if i am wrong, but

1. Nicks wasn't even on the injury report this week and was a full go at practice.

2. I didnt see him limp once all game. In fact he stiff armed someone to the ground on 1 play to pick up the first down, and he looked like his old self running those deep patterns. Especially on the first play of the game where Eli should have lead him more to the middle of the field.

3.There is no way in hell you could tell me he was more hurt last night than in the bucs game.

That being said, it is time for him to step up again. I/we gave him the benefit of the doubt these past few weeks, especially when he was limping and looking sluggish. Last night he looked fine running up and down the field.

Another person who needs to step up is bennett, and i said it last week and before the game. He has a knack for dropping passes. He did it in dallas and he is doing it here also. He is a damn good blocker and has made some key plays for us, but he has to stop dropping the ball. Yesterday he had both of his hands on a pass that was thrown a little high, but that is no excuse either. he is 6'6, the pocket was closing in on eli and we needed to keep the drive a live late in the 4th quarter. When i say step up, those are the types of plays you have to make.

Last but not least, hixon needs to also step up also. And Eli needs to stay focused. We need him to be the Good eli. This whole thing is a team effort and i only mentioned the offensive unit in this post. I have reason to believe coaching is part of the reason we arent playing good, as well as execution.

I almost lost my mind when we threw the back shoulder to randell on 3rd and 1 when we were running the ball well at the start of the game. I hated the fact we didnt try to run the ball at the end of the half to help step up tynes with better field position.

But there were also plays that were left on the field. On the Eli interception nicks was running open and if the ball was thrown better cruz could have been able to make a play. There was also a batted down pass where cruz was wide open on a 3rd down. Some of it could have been mis communication

We are 6-3 with a lot of football left to be played. This loss is the reason why i am happy when we win games as long as the team plays hard and no one is injured. Because when you lose it sucks.

Go Saints

EliDaMANning
11-05-2012, 10:34 AM
LOL so he went from having one of the best post season numbers for WR to a bench player in half a season? Give me a break, he isn't getting any separation at all. He is clearly hurt.

GIANTSED101
11-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Nicks is clearly hurt and it's hurting the team right now. He doesn't have the same burst or separation like he normally does. Not only that, it's affecting his timing with Eli. Why do you think Eli's numbers have gotten worse over the last couple of weeks, it's hurting the team more by having Nicks in there rather than putting in Hixon or someone else.

GameTime
11-05-2012, 10:42 AM
the whole offense sucked....period

GMENAGAIN
11-05-2012, 10:44 AM
It's silly to try to assess the extent of an NFL player's injury from your couch.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Weren't you the one saying raving that we were 6-2 and that we are spoiled? This was when Nicks still wasn't playing well. What changed? Oh because we lost? Got it.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 10:45 AM
]LOL so he went from having one of the best post season numbers for WR to a bench player in half a season?

he is not a bench player. he is a good receiver that needs to step up. we are the super bowl defending champs. teams are going to play us harder this year. they are keying in on him and cruz more so than the previous seasons. Nicks has to step his game up more this year. He is running fine.

RoanokeFan
11-05-2012, 10:46 AM
the whole offense sucked....period So simple yet so eloquent

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 10:47 AM

thats pretty much what i am saying. its a team thing. I just dont want to hear any excuses for any specific player

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 10:53 AM
You don't need to be an expert to see he is not healthy. Lol. I loved the stories of him just resting to get back to 100%. He will be 100% next year after a full off season.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 10:58 AM
You don't need to be an expert to see he is not healthy. Lol. I loved the stories of him just resting to get back to 100%. He will be 100% next year after a full off season.

a lot for you are going to make that excuse and give him a free pass for the entire season. I am not going to say he is 100% but you would have to be in denial or naive to think nicks is playing while badly injured right now.

stormblue
11-05-2012, 11:00 AM
yes , did you notice that after the nice stiff arm .....he ducked out of bounds
instead of attacking or dodging that 2nd defender by the sidelines
maybe he retweeked something right then.
in any case he looks slow.

rebelfan1966
11-05-2012, 11:04 AM

+1

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 11:07 AM
He doesn't have to be so badly hurt to have his play effected. He is a physical WR, not a burner. He he his foot and knee are not 100% he can not be as physical as he would like to be. Or do you think he hit his prime about 8 months ago and is on the decline? Is he dogging it?

Harooni
11-05-2012, 11:09 AM
LOL so he went from having one of the best post season numbers for WR to a bench player in half a season? Give me a break, he isn't getting any separation at all. He is clearly hurt.

+ 1

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 11:12 AM
He doesn't have to be so badly hurt to have his play effected. He is a physical WR, not a burner.

exactly. wouldnt that injury affect someone like cruz more since he solely relies on his speed and quickness? I guess these are one of those things we wont both agree on. I think nicks just needs to step up. i doubt he is that hurt right now. he was more hurt during the bucs game and was able to play good. But thats just me

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 11:14 AM
He doesn't have to be so badly hurt to have his play effected. He is a physical WR, not a burner.

exactly. wouldnt that injury affect someone like cruz more since he solely relies on his speed and quickness? I guess these are one of those things we wont both agree on. I think nicks just needs to step up. He looked pretty damn good on that slant lass week vs the cowboys. i doubt he is that hurt right now. he was more hurt during the bucs game and was able to play good.

(sorry about the double post)

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 11:19 AM
What does that have to do with anything? Cruz does not have a bad foot and knee so he can run fine. Nicks does have those injuries so he can not.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 11:24 AM
What does that have to do with anything? Cruz does not have a bad foot and knee so he can run fine. Nicks does have those injuries so he can not.

what will you say if nicks plays great next week?

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Good for him? What should I say? He was faking his injuries? He was dogging it? What are you trying to say?

nycsportzfan
11-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Nicks has been bad lately, but ELI's been bad for 3weeks now outside of that 80yrd bomb to victor cruz.. I think ELI's to blame for recent woes more so then anyone else.. I mean,we still got Domenik Hixon, Victor Cruz, Martellus Bennett, Rueben Randle...etc

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Nicks has been bad lately, but ELI's been bad for 3weeks now outside of that 80yrd bomb to victor cruz.. I think ELI's to blame for recent woes more so then anyone else.. I mean,we still got Domenik Hixon, Victor Cruz, Martellus Bennett, Rueben Randle...etcTotally disgree.

I've seen receivers totally drop balls. Martellus dropped a crucial ball at the ONE yard line against Dallas. Cruz has dropped some, Nicks as well. Eli AND the receivers are off.

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 11:33 AM
I mean what do we expect when we run a GRAND TOTAL OF NINE... yeah you heard me right...9...NINE PLAYS IN THE 4th QUARTER. How pathetic is that? I mean really.

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 11:34 AM
With Nicks not being himself they have Hixon who is not Manningham, Cruz who teams are now starting to be more physical with, Bennett who is not consistent, and a rookie. No, Eli has not played well, but they are also not in great shape as far as his targets go.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 11:37 AM
i thought cruz did his part yesterday

nycsportzfan
11-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Totally disgree.

I've seen receivers totally drop balls. Martellus dropped a crucial ball at the ONE yard line against Dallas. Cruz has dropped some, Nicks as well. Eli AND the receivers are off. Ya, and i've totally seen Defenders drop picks like that absoulutley horrendus decison eli made when he threw it directly into the gut of the steeler defender(i forget who?) in the freaking endzone!!lol I actually watched that game at the bar yesterday(i usually never do that with GMEN), and the entire bar was laughing because of it..lol I mean, how about the other pick??lol How in the freaking world do u think its a smart decison to throw a deep lob with safety in perfect placement and cb in good coverge? How could u not expect anything other then a pick there?

How about the pick last week? Seriously, those are 3turnovers right there that were almost embaressingly bad..

Trust me, i think ELI's awesome, but hes been off, and has made not only turnovers, but some of the uglier turnovers i've seen outta any team worth a cr-ap..

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Ya, and i've totally seen Defenders drop picks like that absoulutley horrendus decison eli made when he threw it directly into the gut of the steeler defender(i forget who?) in the freaking endzone!!lol I actually watched that game at the bar yesterday(i usually never do that with GMEN), and the entire bar was laughing because of it..lol I mean, how about the other pick??lol How in the freaking world do u think its a smart decison to throw a deep lob with safety in perfect placement and cb in good coverge? How could u not expect anything other then a pick there?

How about the pick last week? Seriously, those are 3turnovers right there that were almost embaressingly bad..

Trust me, i think ELI's awesome, but hes been off, and has made not only turnovers, but some of the uglier turnovers i've seen outta any team worth a cr-ap..

good point

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Ya, and i've totally seen Defenders drop picks like that absoulutley horrendus decison eli made when he threw it directly into the gut of the steeler defender(i forget who?) in the freaking endzone!!lol I actually watched that game at the bar yesterday(i usually never do that with GMEN), and the entire bar was laughing because of it..lol I mean, how about the other pick??lol How in the freaking world do u think its a smart decison to throw a deep lob with safety in perfect placement and cb in good coverge? How could u not expect anything other then a pick there?

Trust me, i think ELI's awesome, but hes been off, and has made not only turnovers, but some of the uglier turnovers i've seen outta any team worth a cr-ap..Eli has been playing very bad football, I get it. You're right about that.

I'm saying he's not the sole reason the entire offense is off. If that's the case, Eli is the sole reason why we win games, and that's not true either. The entire offense has been absolutely dreadful.

nycsportzfan
11-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Eli has been playing very bad football, I get it. You're right about that.

I'm saying he's not the sole reason the entire offense is off. If that's the case, Eli is the sole reason why we win games, and that's not true either. The entire offense has been absolutely dreadful. ya, i here ya, but ELI's been the biggest reason.. When hes off, then how can WR's be good? THey depend on him more then anything becasue without that throw being in the vecinity, theres no sense of them even being on the field.. Of course they can run bad routes or whatever, but i surley doubt guys like Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Dom Hixon are running bad routes.. They've been around and we've seen what they can do when eli's make throws in the area and not launching ugly picks .. Obviously ur gonna get some drops, it happens, but the blame is more on ELI in my opinion, then anyone else on the offense, and its not super close.. Hes making those picks that u thought he was done making.. everyone knows what i'm talking about becasue even people not fans of GIANTS know what i'm talking about.. THe "eli" type turnovers that pretty much kept most people from calling him ELITE for so long.. He finally went on a long enough stretch where u thought he had turned the corner and u would see very few of those inexplicable picks, but they've certainly came out in full force lately..

Even that Philly loss, had ELI's stamp on it, with that bonehead throw down the sideline deep to Barden when there was 100pct no reason to even attempt such a throw.. I love ELI, but i'm not sugar coating nothing, hes been avg for 3weeks now outside of that awesome TD bomb to Vic Cruz against Skins, and that Philly loss a few weeks before was on him, for making that horrendus throw to barden.. Maybe he was just in a prolonged hot streak and were nw getting back to what people seen for the first 5yrs of his career, which is some games where he brilliant, but a bunch of head scratching turnovers and a few throws that make ur head spin?

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 12:13 PM
ya, i here ya, but ELI's been the biggest reason.. When hes off, then how can WR's be good? THey depend on him more then anything becasue without that throw being in the vecinity, theres no sense of them even being on the field.. Of course they can run bad routes or whatever, but i surley doubt guys like Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Dom Hixon are running bad routes.. They've been around and we've seen what they can do when eli's make throws in the area and not launching ugly picks .. Obviously ur gonna get some drops, it happens, but the blame is more on ELI in my opinion, then anyone else on the offense, and its not super close.. Hes making those picks that u thought he was done making.. everyone knows what i'm talking about becasue even people not fans of GIANTS know what i'm talking about.. THe "eli" type turnovers that pretty much kept most people from calling him ELITE for so long.. He finally went on a long enough stretch where u thought he had turned the corner and u would see very few of those inexplicable picks, but they've certainly came out in full force lately..

Even that Philly loss, had ELI's stamp on it, with that bonehead throw down the sideline deep to Barden when there was 100pct no reason to even attempt such a throw.. I love ELI, but i'm not sugar coating nothing, hes been avg for 3weeks now outside of that awesome TD bomb to Vic Cruz against Skins, and that Philly loss a few weeks before was on him, for making that horrendus throw to barden.. Maybe he was just in a prolonged hot streak and were nw getting back to what people seen for the first 5yrs of his career, which is some games where he brilliant, but a bunch of head scratching turnovers and a few throws that make ur head spin?The Philly loss was soley on the coaches. That was the worst coached game in my opinion. We shouldn't even be THROWING in FIELD GOAL RANGE.

This game..was on COACHING. We don't switch up anything, we expect Cruz to break free every play and get open for a 70 yard touchdown. That's not going to be the case this year, and the coaches better fix that.

I don't think Eli just started sucking out of nowhere, that's ridiculous. It's simple, teams are countering our plays, they figured us out. Now it's time for Eli and company to adjust. Again, it's not just Eli, it's everyone. Especially the coaches.

giantsfan420
11-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Eli has been playing very bad football, I get it. You're right about that.

I'm saying he's not the sole reason the entire offense is off. If that's the case, Eli is the sole reason why we win games, and that's not true either. The entire offense has been absolutely dreadful.

Wow perfectly said, that final two statements needs to be stickied under every thread title lol. Thats why i never fully understood some of the posters who are further down the "see i told u eli was not that good" spectrum, bcits not just eli sucking when the offense plays poorly, its the entire unit. And by fully targeting him, and posters who hold believe he is every bit as good as advertised and often underrated, they are failing to realize that when win, if they were to use consistent reasoning, its solely bc of eli...

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
ya, i here ya, but ELI's been the biggest reason.. When hes off, then how can WR's be good? THey depend on him more then anything becasue without that throw being in the vecinity, theres no sense of them even being on the field.. Of course they can run bad routes or whatever, but i surley doubt guys like Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Dom Hixon are running bad routes.. They've been around and we've seen what they can do when eli's make throws in the area and not launching ugly picks .. Obviously ur gonna get some drops, it happens, but the blame is more on ELI in my opinion, then anyone else on the offense, and its not super close.. Hes making those picks that u thought he was done making.. everyone knows what i'm talking about becasue even people not fans of GIANTS know what i'm talking about.. THe "eli" type turnovers that pretty much kept most people from calling him ELITE for so long.. He finally went on a long enough stretch where u thought he had turned the corner and u would see very few of those inexplicable picks, but they've certainly came out in full force lately..

Even that Philly loss, had ELI's stamp on it, with that bonehead throw down the sideline deep to Barden when there was 100pct no reason to even attempt such a throw.. I love ELI, but i'm not sugar coating nothing, hes been avg for 3weeks now outside of that awesome TD bomb to Vic Cruz against Skins, and that Philly loss a few weeks before was on him, for making that horrendus throw to barden.. Maybe he was just in a prolonged hot streak and were nw getting back to what people seen for the first 5yrs of his career, which is some games where he brilliant, but a bunch of head scratching turnovers and a few throws that make ur head spin?

we got scorched on the ground by mccoy during the philly game. I dont know how you could blame the loss because of 1 pass. I know its easy to throw the blame on one person but the fact of the matter is, as a team we need to improve. There has been a load of dropped passes and communication problems on the part of eli and his receivers. For the exception of cruz, our players arent getting open. You cant pin it on 1 person. I think Eli needs to get his act together but i have reason to believe if bennett makes that crucial catch on 3rd and long, Eli leads us down the field for a touchdown. We need to also be more disciplined on the defensive side of the ball. Perry needs to preach containment.

giantsfan420
11-05-2012, 12:57 PM
And does no one realize the past three weeks we played washington, a div opponent who seem to understand how to confuse eli, a cowboys defense that is like top 5 and was top 3 vs the pass, and then a pitt d that everyone was claiming was back a couple weeks ago and that hey, is also the first ranked d vs the pass before our game. Def gonna be first for another week there for them. But hey those things dont matter, no one should ever get the better of eli/offense ever ever ever. What should it matter those pass ds have made every pass game look ****ty but if our o struggles vs defenses that are geared to stop us, its the end of the world...i know tho i was being extreme, and theres no real excuse for that abomination the past two weeks but there is a defense out there paid to do what theyve done too. I love thinking eli and our o is unstoppable like superman but thats not reality for any player