PDA

View Full Version : Next week will tell a lot

egyptian420
11-05-2012, 11:14 AM
I think next week will show us whether we're heading into a typical losing stretch of games in the 2nd half of the season or if we're finally going to rebound from 3 awful games (for Eli especially).

Our O-line, Eli, the punt coverage teams, and the defense at times (especially the run D).....all of these units need to step up and have a complete game like they did against the Panthers. After the Bengals game, we'll know where this team is headed.

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 11:23 AM
No it won't. They very well could lose again and as long as they finish the season 10-6 they might make the playoffs and then it's a new season. That's if they can go 4-4 in their final 8 games.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 11:24 AM
The last 3 games have been telling me a whole lot.

EnragedYouth85
11-05-2012, 11:26 AM
If we get any form of offense out of this team, we can win games. Defense is creating turnovers and stopping teams from scoring for a good portion of the game. I think they end up getting tired at the end of the games because they are on the field so much. Too many 3 and outs from our offense make a very tired defense and that shows at the end of the game when they can't stop anything.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 11:28 AM
No it won't. They very well could lose again and as long as they finish the season 10-6 they might make the playoffs and then it's a new season. That's if they can go 4-4 in their final 8 games.
I disagree and agree with the OP.
If we lose next week it will be very difficult for us to get to 10 wins. Next week is a pivotal game. If we win and get to 7-3, we will be on our way to winning the division. If we lose and go to 6-4 all bets are off.

egyptian420
11-05-2012, 11:32 AM
No it won't. They very well could lose again and as long as they finish the season 10-6 they might make the playoffs and then it's a new season. That's if they can go 4-4 in their final 8 games.I never said if we lose the next game we're not going to the playoffs or we won't come back at the end of the year. I'm saying if we play next week like we did yesterday or like we did the week before against the cowboys then we're going to lose a stretch of 3 or 4 games in the 2nd half of the season, just like we did last year.

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 11:37 AM
What I mean is that last year they lost to Washington in a very big game and that told us nothing. They then went out and won their next two, made it to the post season and the rest is history. Losing next week will be hard to take but won't tell us much. They do this every year. Some years with great success.

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 11:38 AM
The offense is so utterly pathetic at the moment I'm questioning everything. Im question not only KG, but TC, the running backs coach, every single position coach, Eli, all the receivers...everyone. NOTHING looks good. Im questioning everyone but Brown and Wilson.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 11:43 AM
If Eli can't burn Terrance Newman next week then there is a serious problem.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 11:46 AM
What I mean is that last year they lost to Washington in a very big game and that told us nothing. They then went out and won their next two, made it to the post season and the rest is history. Losing next week will be hard to take but won't tell us much. They do this every year. Some years with great success.
We did it in 09 as well and that didn't work out.
Right now we are pretty healthy when compared to the rest of the league. We collaped before amid a lot of injuries.
I think next week will tell us a lot about our football team.

giantscolombia
A.J Green is going to torch our CB's...

egyptian420
What I mean is that last year they lost to Washington in a very big game and that told us nothing. They then went out and won their next two, made it to the post season and the rest is history. Losing next week will be hard to take but won't tell us much. They do this every year. Some years with great success.It depends how we lose next week

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 11:48 AM
It depends how we lose next week

So you've already decided we are going to lose?

egyptian420
11-05-2012, 11:50 AM
So you've already decided we are going to lose?nice try.....look at the context of our conversation....he said if we lose next week, it has no bearing on what the future of the season holds, I said it depends on how we lose

egyptian420
11-05-2012, 11:50 AM
If Eli can't burn Terrance Newman next week then there is a serious problem.He just picked off Peyton 2 times yesterday

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 11:56 AM
We did it in 09 as well and that didn't work out.Right now we are pretty healthy when compared to the rest of the league. We collaped before amid a lot of injuries.I think next week will tell us a lot about our football team.I think it WON'T tell us anything.

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 11:58 AM
It depends how we lose next weekAgain, using last year as an example they looked horrible against Washington. They where beaten badly at home. They they won their last two regular season games in moo aging fashion. Then they where dominating in the post season.

Giantterp
11-05-2012, 11:59 AM

100% agree. It's a long season. The Giants are not built for (or good enough) to win 12+ games against this schedule. Just get to 10 wins and be playing well at the end of the season. That's the formula. 2 bad losses outside the conference are not season ending. They can lose 2 more games in a row, but still get back on time for a playoff run.

njg85m
11-05-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm still trying to understand how we always collapse at the end of the season when we also always get hot and go on runs at the end of the season...

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Again, using last year as an example they looked horrible against Washington. They where beaten badly at home. They they won their last two regular season games in moo aging fashion. Then they where dominating in the post season.
Your are right about last year, but each year is different. Eli has played poorly for several weeks now. He needs to get this offense going and win that game next week. there are only 16 games in a season. You can't just think that since we recovered from some horrible losses last year, we will do the same this year. Last year was a weird *** season.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 12:10 PM
I think it WON'T tell us anything.
You act as though we are just going to turn it on like a switch because its happened in the past.
There are too many good teams out there playing a lot better than us right now.

DandyDon
11-05-2012, 01:04 PM
The offense is so utterly pathetic at the moment I'm questioning everything. Im question not only KG, but TC, the running backs coach, every single position coach, Eli, all the receivers...everyone. NOTHING looks good. Im questioning everyone but Brown and Wilson.

Wilson? What has he done well?

I know practically every poster on the boards today thinks he should be replacing Bradshaw, but why arent you questioning him? Has he been a great KO Returner?