PDA

View Full Version : That was a Steeler's home game

ebick
11-05-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't go to every game, but I have been to a number of games, and I have seen teams that travel very well........that said, there was an incredible number of Steeler's fans there......more than I have ever seen for an opposing team at Giants stadium. It was a bit embarrassing.

TroyArcher
11-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Considering the circumstances not surprising that many NY/NJ fans did not attend.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Did people forget that many are still suffering from the hurricane?

npd4432
11-05-2012, 11:28 AM
There probably would have been just as many steeler fans even with the natural disaster.

EnragedYouth85
11-05-2012, 11:29 AM
It's not like the Steelers had to travel very far to get to Giants Stadium. I'm not shocked..

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 11:30 AM
There probably would have been just as many steeler fans even with the natural disaster.And so what? They are a traveling team, big deal.

CowboysSuck
11-05-2012, 11:43 AM
And so what? They are a traveling team, big deal.

Admittedly, I too was surprised at how many Black and Yellow jerseys i saw in GIANTS STADIUM yesterday. How many PSL holders (other than those effected by Sandy) literally have more interest in making a few bucks selling their tickets than loving and supporting the home team? Its almost pathetic.

thousands of people would die to get season tix. The waiting list is like 18 fkin years. Funny because I saw this girl on facebook yesterday (who is a Giants fan...but not really just a good-looking bandwagon, "im cool see, i like football" troll *****) who was commenting with their cousins on how they need to get season tickets next year. And how easy it was gonna be if they could each pool a thousand bucks or two. I really felt like chiming in and saying, "Hello you moron, do you realize you are not unique in wanting Giants season tickets and that barring inside connections, you will be 40+ years old before you actually get them?" ..... idiots.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 11:45 AM
oh ernie why oh why

http://www.vavel.com/files/nfl_906122218.jpg

what could have been

hadenough
11-05-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't go to every game, but I have been to a number of games, and I have seen teams that travel very well........that said, there was an incredible number of Steeler's fans there......more than I have ever seen for an opposing team at Giants stadium. It was a bit embarrassing.

Phil Simms said the complete opposite on the broadcast. He said, the Steelers fans usually do a great job filling up opposing stadiums, but that was the least amount of Steelers fans he has seen, in an opposing stadium, in a long time. He said, the Giants fans must have done good by holding onto their tickets.

TheAnalyst
11-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Phil Simms said the complete opposite on the broadcast. He said, the Steelers fans usually do a great job filling up opposing stadiums, but that was the least amount of Steelers fans he has seen, in an opposing stadium, in a long time. He said, the Giants fans must have done good by holding onto their tickets.

I heard that too, then I heard the HEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAATH chants out doing the CRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZ chants.

ebick
11-05-2012, 12:35 PM

wow...that's hard to imagine.......there were tons of Steeler fans there. it seemed like 25% of the stadium.....seriously.

timmytimm3
11-05-2012, 12:46 PM
wow...that's hard to imagine.......there were tons of Steeler fans there. it seemed like 25% of the stadium.....seriously.

I was there too and saw tons of yellow and black. Most were respectful but there's always a few A holes...

YATittle1962
11-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Admittedly, I too was surprised at how many Black and Yellow jerseys i saw in GIANTS STADIUM yesterday. How many PSL holders (other than those effected by Sandy) literally have more interest in making a few bucks selling their tickets than loving and supporting the home team? Its almost pathetic.

thousands of people would die to get season tix. The waiting list is like 18 fkin years. Funny because I saw this girl on facebook yesterday (who is a Giants fan...but not really just a good-looking bandwagon, "im cool see, i like football" troll *****) who was commenting with their cousins on how they need to get season tickets next year. And how easy it was gonna be if they could each pool a thousand bucks or two. I really felt like chiming in and saying, "Hello you moron, do you realize you are not unique in wanting Giants season tickets and that barring inside connections, you will be 40+ years old before you actually get them?" ..... idiots.

this is not true at all

plenty of PSL holders sell the full season every year

I personally know at least 5 or 6 people who own multiple sets of PSL who sell the season each year to different people

so yeah....they could very easily pool together some cash and get season tickets next year

no need for inside connections

GameTime
11-05-2012, 01:00 PM
why is it embarassing?? That makes 0 sense....

Moke
11-05-2012, 01:00 PM

Hey dude, welcome to the United States of MERICA.

Ever hear of Hurricane Sandy? Well, google it. Or turn on a TV.

BlueBlooded1979
11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Giants stadium crowds are a joke. Money grubbing owners hosing people for PSLs flushed out young and enthusiastic fans for a bunch of brooks brothers clowns who leave in the 3rd quarter.

I have been to 10 games in the new stadium and have never heard the "D-FENSE" chant.