PDA

View Full Version : Was Sullivan the true genius behind ELIte?

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 10:20 AM
It seems to me like Sullivan's coaching is very missed in the passing game. Eli has regressed all the way back from Tom Brady-level to Brady Quinn level. Meanwhile, Freeman in TB is having a career year. Hell, I've taken to starting him on my fantasy team. Is there something here?

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 10:21 AM
The whole offense took one giant (no pun intended) step backwards. Eli and company.

repeatchamps
11-05-2012, 10:26 AM
It seems to me like Sullivan's coaching is very missed in the passing game. Eli has regressed all the way back from Tom Brady-level to Brady Quinn level. Meanwhile, Freeman in TB is having a career year. Hell, I've taken to starting him on my fantasy team. Is there something here?

55.7% completion percentage for Freeman is a Career year? You have low standards.

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 10:58 AM
55.7% completion percentage for Freeman is a Career year? You have low standards.

Since TB's Bye week, he's had 100+ QB rating EVERY SINGLE WEEK... you can't say that's not a career year...

ryan12
11-05-2012, 11:04 AM
stupid post

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 11:06 AM
stupid post

How would you explain Eli sucking then? I thought he was ELITE... Now I can't even defend him from all the GB and SF haters anymore.

TrueBlue2180
11-05-2012, 11:14 AM
After 2010 (Sullivan's first season as the QB coach) and Eli's 25 interceptions, there were questions of whether Eli needed Chris Palmer to be a good QB. Then Eli had a great 2011 season. He started this season strong and he's in a cold streak right now the last few games. It happens.

A 31 year old QB who has two super bowl MVPs, has been playing the position his entire life, and has been considered one of the best QBs in the league, doesn't forget how to play QB because a QB coach leaves for another team. If he does, he wasn't much of a QB to begin with. Eli will be fine.

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 11:17 AM
After 2010 (Sullivan's first season as the QB coach) and Eli's 25 interceptions, there were questions of whether Eli needed Chris Palmer to be a good QB. Then Eli had a great 2011 season. He started this season strong and he's in a cold streak right now the last few games. It happens.

A 31 year old QB who has two super bowl MVPs, has been playing the position his entire life, and has been considered one of the best QBs in the league, doesn't forget how to play QB because a QB coach leaves for another team. If he does, he wasn't much of a QB to begin with. Eli will be fine.

True Elite QBs don't complete 41.7% of their passes or post a 41.1 QBR. It just doesn't happen. Even Rodgers or Brady on off-days have better games.

And he's been regressing for 2 games now. Even as late as the Washington game he was going at least decent (65%, 78.9 QBR), but it's taken a huge nosedive ever since...

TrueBlue2180
11-05-2012, 11:40 AM
True Elite QBs don't complete 41.7% of their passes or post a 41.1 QBR. It just doesn't happen. Even Rodgers or Brady on off-days have better games.

And he's been regressing for 2 games now. Even as late as the Washington game he was going at least decent (65%, 78.9 QBR), but it's taken a huge nosedive ever since...

Rodgers completed 46.7% of his passes yesterday (albeit, in a win).

Let's assume arguendo, Eli is not actually elite? Who cares? He's shown he's capable of playing great to elite. He's capable of winning football games and he's capable of winning Super Bowls. He's the best quarterback I've ever watched in a Giants uniform (including Simms) and I know someday I will long for the days of Eli Manning.

Yes, he's had two bad games. If that persists, we have a problem. Right now I'll take it as Eli not playing well for two games, and have confidence he'll bounce back in the long run.

repeatchamps
11-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Since TB's Bye week, he's had 100+ QB rating EVERY SINGLE WEEK... you can't say that's not a career year...

Absurd! 4 good games doesn't make a career year. I fully expect Freeman to disintegrate back down to mediocre at best as the season progresses. If you don't you are wearing rose colored glasses.

repeatchamps
11-05-2012, 12:05 PM
How would you explain Eli sucking then? I thought he was ELITE... Now I can't even defend him from all the GB and SF haters anymore.

Sure you can, when Eli faced the current iterations of the Packers and 49ers in the playoffs last year in the biggest spots he outshined Rodgers and Smith easily.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
How would you explain Eli sucking then? I thought he was ELITE... Now I can't even defend him from all the GB and SF haters anymore.I'm sorry, but wasn't Rodgers off in the beginning of the year? Brady was off too.
They didn't go from elite to horrible. They ADJUSTED. Something wasn't working so they fixed it.
Something isn't working for us and we are having a hard time fixing it.
Eli didn't just start sucking out of the blue.
Teams figured out how to stop our offense and it's killing Eli and the rest of the team.

alentown pa
11-05-2012, 12:13 PM
stupid post

not only stupid but sad...we srsly have some terrible fans...It's like some people have never watched football...The the OP ends the post with the comment he starts Freeman in fantasy lol...Horrible job OP

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 12:18 PM
This is Eli 8th year...Sullivan has nothing to do with this. Maybe he is just mentally drained from winning the SB and trying to live up to what he has done last year. Plus were have extremely good defenses out there now with a ton of tape on KG's scheme. It's up to him and KG to adjust.

GeoGoGo
11-05-2012, 12:30 PM
You people are amazing. The guy has a rough streak and now he is terrible and holding back the team. Unbelievable! It's called a cold streak for God's sake. Two time Super Bowl MVP! At least you all appreciate him. You people SUCK!

Hassett00
11-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Does the OP realise The Giants just faced THE beat Pass Defence in the league? And faced a darn good defEnce last week? Don't EVER bring up Freeman in conversation with Eli. Freeman has faced poor teams in terms of against the pass. The raiders and the vikings. It's gone from me who Else they faced. It also helps when you got a running back whi can put up 240+ total yards for two weeks straight.

Sit back and relax. Things need adjusting and they will be. It's not just Eli is the reason why the offence is stagnant. Receivers are dropping passes when they get them and horrible play calling etc etc

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Sit back and relax. Things need adjusting and they will be. It's not just Eli is the reason why the offence is stagnant. Receivers are dropping passes when they get them and horrible play calling etc etc

I agree that things need adjusting. But Killdrive is the most stubborn OC in the world... Eli succeeded last year in spite of him. Even in the losses last year, you could tell it was Eli carrying the team in the face of a non-existent running game and crumbling defense. Now, the best efforts we get are from the likes of the Steves (Brown and Weatherford)...

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 01:01 PM
I can't believe how much backlash the guy is getting. As if he is the problem. It's amazing how pedestrian you look when the rest of the team isn't helping you by not executing. Even last year he had some average games, but didn't get this kind of abhorrence. Only in New York I guess....

Hassett00
11-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Thats true. He's hit a slump unfortunately over the last 3 weeks. I'm not sure how could they just go out of sync so quickly. Maybe Killbride is reluctant to call any fancy plays to try catch defenses off guard or people aren't getting it done. Even with the dropped passes all last year when Eli dropped back to throw deep I was confident. Now over the last couple of games, I fear they are going to be picked off. Elis decisions as of late has been poor to say the least but hopefully things change for Cincy. I don't want our highlight of the season to be that our Kicker broke the record for most points by any player

idiotekniQues
11-05-2012, 01:06 PM
it's more likely Eli is having marital problems and that's getting into his head.

FranklinsTower
11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Same was said after Chris Palmer left......NO

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 02:02 PM
start david carr

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 02:04 PM
start david carr

I hope that was in red... I'm getting ****tons of flak for posting this thread but I am in no way saying to bench the guy.

nycisgreat
11-05-2012, 02:04 PM

I wouldn't go that far, but Eli hasn't been stellar the past three weeks. Other teams have figured us out.

Greg Schiano
11-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Sully is outstanding! Doing great as our Offensive Coordinator thus far. Thanks Giants.

dave56dj
11-05-2012, 05:02 PM
NOPE - FOOTBALL FANS OVERREACTING - CLASSIC. So eli didn't miss him at all in the first 7 games but now all of a sudden he does? Right.

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Sully is outstanding! Doing great as our Offensive Coordinator thus far. Thanks Giants.

Okay, so maybe i'm overreacting a bit, but at least I got the most epic troll ever to come back...