PDA

View Full Version : Eli and WR's are out of synch

TroyArcher
11-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Not sure why but they should be putting up big numbers. Are the defenses doing anything different?

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Yes they are.
They are taking away the deep ball, and jamming our receivers at the line.

And you know how Gilbride LOVES the deep ball.

dezzzR
11-05-2012, 10:26 AM
It has a lot to do with our stagnant running game as well

Harooni
11-05-2012, 10:27 AM
yeah taking away cruz deep. its pretty clear you do that and disrupt our bread and butter.

TroyArcher
11-05-2012, 10:30 AM
It has a lot to do with our stagnant running game as well

I agree. For the most part the running gamne has been ineffective the past two years. Able to overcome last year, not so sure about this year.

giantscolombia
11-05-2012, 10:52 AM
I was soo stoked seing a bomb downfield on the first play, thinking oh we are gonna come out guns blazing. It was disgusting to see Nicks nearly give an INT he should have caught that easily, granted it wasnt the best throw.

Immediately i knew it was going to be a long game....smh

cag560
11-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I could be wrong but I think teams are really focusing on stopping our passing game and daring us to run. We can't seem to keep defenses honest with even a little threat of a running game. Not sure what the difference is from last year. Maybe having a big body like Jacobs kept the run in the defenses mind even tho it wasn't that good either. I know one thing for sure is our red zone is pathetic, yea its red zone to me not green zone until we can score a touchdown. You would think we would have some type of advantage with big bodies like Bennett and Barden. Barden isn't even seeing the field and Bennett has really been MIA the last few weeks. 

ryan12
11-05-2012, 11:07 AM
eli has had to bad games in a row and im starting to see that eli dumb look again

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 11:10 AM
eli has had to bad games in a row and im starting to see that eli dumb look againIt's Eli, it's the receivers, it's the run game and then some. Eli is throwing picks left and right, receivers act like they don't know what routes are.
Ahmad Bradshaw is dancing all over the place, and last but not least the PLAY CALLING IS SO PREDICTABLE.

dakotajoe
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
I was soo stoked seing a bomb downfield on the first play, thinking oh we are gonna come out guns blazing. It was disgusting to see Nicks nearly give an INT he should have caught that easily, granted it wasnt the best throw.

I wish I could see the replay of that play. I remember watching it and it looked like Nicks couldn't push off his foot and jump to go vertical catching it like he normally would. He managed to jump but it looked like he got only a inch or two off the ground.

ryan12
11-05-2012, 11:40 AM
It's Eli, it's the receivers, it's the run game and then some. Eli is throwing picks left and right, receivers act like they don't know what routes are.
Ahmad Bradshaw is dancing all over the place, and last but not least the PLAY CALLING IS SO PREDICTABLE.

i cant believe he ran the draw play 3 times in a row

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 11:40 AM
i cant believe he ran the draw play 3 times in a rowThat's Gilbride for ya

brad
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Teams are taking away the deep ball, but that is just part of the problem. It seems they are using the LBs to get up close to the line and stop the running game, with the safeties back that should really open up the middle and short outside of the field for the TE and backs... but that is something they haven't really taken advantage of. This has never been a quick pass type offense, but they may want to consider making some adjustments. The weapons are there they just seem too focused on the deep pass.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Teams are taking away the deep ball, but that is just part of the problem. It seems they are using the LBs to get up close to the line and stop the running game, with the safeties back that should really open up the middle and short outside of the field for the TE and backs... but that is something they haven't really taken advantage of. This has never been a quick pass type offense, but they may want to consider making some adjustments. The weapons are there they just seem too focused on the deep pass.Well said.

We need to find a way to tire out the defense with quick passes and slants, along with a consistent run game. If we can do that, we can get back on track.

brad
11-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Well said.

We need to find a way to tire out the defense with quick passes and slants, along with a consistent run game. If we can do that, we can get back on track.

Thank you, and agreed... quick passes would help to pull back the linebackers and force them to cover the entire width of the field instead of keying in on the run game... or force defenses to bring up a safety. Either way you either open up the run game or you open up the deep passes again and you keep defenses honest.