PDA

View Full Version : One would think the Giants were 2-7

Nolan24
11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
If someone were to look at these threads last night and today without knowing the Giants record, they would think that the Giants were 2-7, not 6-3 with a 2.5 game lead in the NFCE.

Relax, it was the first game that the Giants have lost in a month!

I am not denying that the offense has struggled recently and a few players have underperformed. But at the end of the day, the wins all count the same. This is a talented & experienced team with good coaches. Have some freaking confidence that they can make the necessary adjustments, they usually do.

I am also concerned about the passing games performance recently. But you guys are acting like its a travesty. There is too much talent and recent success/experience on this team, they will put it together.

The Giants are still in very good position and they have plenty of talent to be contenders. Have we as Giants fans really become that spoiled by their success? And its not like they have been getting blown out either, even in the games they lost they had the lead or were in it to the final minute.

They are the defending champs, getting the best effort from the opposition each week, and each week they at least put themselves in a postion to compete and win until the final buzzer. That's all you can really ask for realisticlly. Some of you want perfection, but this football, it's physical and messy, and the Giants win ugly more often then not. They are still in a better position than most other teams are currently this season.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm sorry, I really don't want to come off as rude, but this is ridiculous.

We have been playing God awful that past 3 and 4 games, despite our record. We were literally squeaking out wins.
We are TOO talented to be sucking on offense this badly.

Moke
11-05-2012, 12:37 PM
When a kid does well on his test and his mommy rewards him for the first time, he jumps for joy! When he comes home with a bad grade and his mommy says, NO NO NO video game/teletubby toy,etc., the kid starts to cry.

Sounds familiar here.

Nolan24
11-05-2012, 12:38 PM
what is so "ridiculous" about it? I believe every word I typed was completly rational and a realistic perspective.

I agree that the offense has been bad the last 3 games, but wouldn't you rather have an ugly win then a pretty loss? it's still 2-1 in those games no matter how you slice it. this isn't Madden.

DandyDon
11-05-2012, 12:56 PM
what is so "ridiculous" about it? I believe every word I typed was completly rational and a realistic perspective.

I agree that the offense has been bad the last 3 games, but wouldn't you rather have an ugly win then a pretty loss? it's still 2-1 in those games no matter how you slice it. this isn't Madden.

Yup.

Dude, you have to understand that unless the Giants win every game by 2 touchdowns, the day after the game you will see the following threads:

1) Fire the coaches/The coaches are idiots

2) Eli sucks

3) Start Wilson (or whomever was not very involved in the loss)

4) Bench Bradshaw (or whomever had a bad game)

Heck, you see some of these threads even when we do win by 2 touchdowns! I dont even read or comment on them anymore. Im just glad these posters arent in the Giants organization ;-)

bearbryant
11-05-2012, 01:01 PM
If someone were to look at these threads last night and today without knowing the Giants record, they would think that the Giants were 2-7, not 6-3 with a 2.5 game lead in the NFCE.

Relax, it was the first game that the Giants have lost in a month!

I am not denying that the offense has struggled recently and a few players have underperformed. But at the end of the day, the wins all count the same. This is a talented & experienced team with good coaches. Have some freaking confidence that they can make the necessary adjustments, they usually do.

I am also concerned about the passing games performance recently. But you guys are acting like its a travesty. There is too much talent and recent success/experience on this team, they will put it together.

The Giants are still in very good position and they have plenty of talent to be contenders. Have we as Giants fans really become that spoiled by their success? And its not like they have been getting blown out either, even in the games they lost they had the lead or were in it to the final minute.

They are the defending champs, getting the best effort from the opposition each week, and each week they at least put themselves in a postion to compete and win until the final buzzer. That's all you can really ask for realisticlly. Some of you want perfection, but this football, it's physical and messy, and the Giants win ugly more often then not. They are still in a better position than most other teams are currently this season.

Hey 24, You are right about one thing: They are defending Champs! The rest of this thread is nothing more than excuses and justifications. The Giants are now officially going into their 2nd half " swoon". Here it comes. So the coaches job is to do what coaches like Fassell did with putting his chips into the middle of the table and getting these men to believe in themselves so they can reassess themselves and play football again. I'll give you an example. Did you see Webbys play yesterday? That guy looked in the mirror after hearing all the negativity about his play this year and came out like an animal. He was challenging guys weighing 80 lbs more than him. He played like he should play yesterday

This team has lost its way. It needs to find it quickly before we are 6-6 and "hoping" that Dallas loses so mwe can sneak into the playoffs. The coaches are lost and so are many of the players.Eli is playing like the bad eli; diehl should be given a ticket home( there are better guys walking the street now); herlitz is not ready to be the next man up, heloolked lost in there and intimidated by pitt players. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture. I believe that going thru the hurricane definitely didn't help but this has been going on since the 9er game. Lets stop the crap! Go Giants!!!

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Hey 24, You are right about one thing: They are defending Champs! The rest of this thread is nothing more than excuses and justifications. The Giants are now officially going into their 2nd half " swoon". Here it comes. So the coaches job is to do what coaches like Fassell did with putting his chips into the middle of the table and getting these men to believe in themselves so they can reassess themselves and play football again. I'll give you an example. Did you see Webbys play yesterday? That guy looked in the mirror after hearing all the negativity about his play this year and came out like an animal. He was challenging guys weighing 80 lbs more than him. He played like he should play yesterday

This team has lost its way. It needs to find it quickly before we are 6-6 and "hoping" that Dallas loses so mwe can sneak into the playoffs. The coaches are lost and so are many of the players.Eli is playing like the bad eli; diehl should be given a ticket home( there are better guys walking the street now); herlitz is not ready to be the next man up, heloolked lost in there and intimidated by pitt players. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture. I believe that going thru the hurricane definitely didn't help but this has been going on since the 9er game. Lets stop the crap! Go Giants!!!+1

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 01:05 PM

I agree that the offense has been bad the last 3 games, but wouldn't you rather have an ugly win then a pretty loss? it's still 2-1 in those games no matter how you slice it. this isn't Madden.You're not making sense.

I'm saying it's ridiculous because it's like "Oh, no big deal we are 6-3 even though we've been sucking for the past 3 weeks".

Now our performance is catching up with us, and we aren't going to get ugly wins anymore, but ugly losses if we don't adjust.

Nolan24
11-05-2012, 10:45 PM
unreal. first loss in a month to a good team in a close game and that is considered "officially going into their 2nd half swoon." laughable

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-05-2012, 11:09 PM
I just posted this in another thread but I live in Bills territory. They haven't sniffed the playoffs in over a decade. We have 2 superbowl wins and the lead in the NFC east. Do you know how ridiculous they would think I was if I complained right now?

I agree with the OP entirely.

TheEnigma
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
The fire/cut threads can get a little over the top but do remember that the Giants are the defending Superbowl Champions. Actually, it's always like this with a defending championship team: People want not only wins but they want them to be smooth, crisp, clear, etc. Where do you go that's an improvement on the previous season with the league title? You do it all over again but in an even more dominating way. Expectations are MUCH higher for the Giants than for teams like the Chiefs or Bills. If we just came off a losing season, close victories would be treasured much more.