PDA

View Full Version : In other good news...

Mercury
11-05-2012, 12:34 PM
The Redskins lost.
The Cowboys lost.
The Eagles very well might lose to NO tonight.
There is a very good chance no one gains any ground on us within our division.

Diehl should not lose his job due to injury. The coaches gave him an opportunity to regain his starting role. I think we can all agree that he didn't do anything to retain it. I think we will see Locklear from now on.

We've stolen victories many times in the fourth quarter, and yes, it sucks to be wearing the other shoe. We have been spoiled.

Nolan24
11-05-2012, 12:42 PM
We've stolen victories many times in the fourth quarter, and yes, it sucks to be wearing the other shoe. We have been spoiled.

exactly

can't win them all

we're still in very good position to be contenders

YATittle1962
11-05-2012, 01:04 PM
the Eagles lose tonight and no ground lost

although it is awfully amusing to watch all the panic on the boards.

xRick52x
11-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Now this is a thread that I don't mind bumping along...

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 01:10 PM

although it is awfully amusing to watch all the panic on the boards.I guess repeating the same mistakes over and over is not a reason for concern and we should be celebrating.

ebick
11-05-2012, 01:10 PM
and couple that with the fact that this is an out of conference loss vs. the others all being in conference, we should be able to completely eliminate the impact of this loss. The problem is this......we're not playing well right now....there's no getting around that. And when you look at the remaining schedules for us, the Eagles and the Cowboys......once again, we face the hardest road by far. What we can hope for is this. At this point our other three divisional opponents have not played each other yet....all their divisional games have been against us. Hopefully they will beat up on and neutralize each other.

BMW
11-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Eagles will not lose to the saints, the saints are terrible and the eagles know they can gain ground in the division due to everyone stinking this week and losing. I hope I am wrong.

GMENAGAIN
11-05-2012, 01:24 PM
The Redskins lost.
The Cowboys lost.
The Eagles very well might lose to NO tonight.
There is a very good chance no one gains any ground on us within our division.

Diehl should not lose his job due to injury. The coaches gave him an opportunity to regain his starting role. I think we can all agree that he didn't do anything to retain it. I think we will see Locklear from now on.

Never really understood the old can't lose your job due to injury rule . .. .. if the new guy comes in and plays better than you did before you got injured, then you should lose your job.

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Here's another silver lining: If Philly loses today, we'll have 2.5+ games on all our rivals. The absolute WORST we could do after that coming out of ****vember is tied for 1st... and thats ONLY if we lose our other 2 matchups (@CIN and @WAS) and either Dallas or Philly win all 3 of their games.

TL;DR: having a bye in ****vember for a change is nice...

RagTime Blue
11-05-2012, 01:57 PM

although it is awfully amusing to watch all the panic on the boards.

I don't think the panic is because of the standings. It's because despite getting ALL THE CALLS going our way, we couldn't do much of anything on offense.

I'm not here to say we should start firing people and cleaning house, but you have to admit that something's wrong with our offense, and has been for 3 games now.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I would love to know from some people on this board...when would be the right time for us as fans to talk about whats wrong with the team.

After the skins game...naaa we won. Talk about the offense?? Did u see that bomb to Cruz??

After the Cowboys game...nope we won, so what we couldn't move the ball and it took turnovers and good field position to ekk out a win.

Some of us just want to state this offense looks terrible and we continue the same BS. Defenders are playing 10 yards off the receiver yesterday and we keep throwing it 30 yards downfield. 3rd and 1 and we throw deep passes :smh: Eli is not accurate right now and we continue to make him play hero ball.

YATittle1962
11-05-2012, 02:20 PM
I guess repeating the same mistakes over and over is not a reason for concern and we should be celebrating.

I see no reason for concern coming off a 4 game winning streak against some of the toughest defenses in the league

you guys just love to panic

this team will be fine

BigBlue wins
11-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Dont count out the eagles tonight. If there is any team in the NFC east to be a royal pain in the ***, its them. They're always a pain because they're the dunce caps of the NFC east and they know it. They got hot late last year but it wasn't enough. They very well co do the same but earlier this year.

We can hope and pray for Vick to under-perform again tonight, but I don't see an aggressive defense like the Cardinals for the Saints.