PDA

View Full Version : Will Coughlin sit Deihl this week after his abysmal

nycisgreat
11-05-2012, 01:01 PM
After looking at the typical terrible performance by Deihl yesterday, and TC covering for him in his press conference. I want to know one thing. Will Coughlin sit Diehl next week. My gut tells me no. What do you think?

Hassett00
11-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Unless it comes from the top or he suffers another injury then no. He will start against Cincy. His injury was a blessing. Locklear had been outstanding. I do feel bad bashing deihl as he probably worked hard to get back to fitness and has been a good player for us down the last number of years but im afraid, much like when it was with O'Hara, it's time to go in a different direction

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 01:51 PM
As much as I want to, TC and Killdrive are just too plain stubborn to recognize they were wrong about Diehl's current ability to play...

RagTime Blue
11-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Remember that one year we went 12-4 with Amani Toomer as a starter? The next year he didn't make the team. . .ANY team.

BigBlue wins
11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I am going with not sure, because its the start of a new week. I hope more coaching discussions go around and they finally wisen up.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Honestly, probably not. After we lose 4 straight, they'll sense something is wrong and then fix it.

Mercury
11-05-2012, 02:33 PM
I think Diehl will go back to being our heavy TE to help with the running game. I think Locklear goes back to being starting tackle.

giantscolombia
11-05-2012, 02:43 PM
As much as I want to, TC and Killdrive are just too plain stubborn to recognize they were wrong about Diehl's current ability to play...

Could this be because TC is getting senile?

TheEnigma
11-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Diehl will play next week and then...Carlos Dunlap cried tears of joy for his imminent 2+ sack game.

nycisgreat
11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Unless it comes from the top or he suffers another injury then no. He will start against Cincy. His injury was a blessing. Locklear had been outstanding. I do feel bad bashing deihl as he probably worked hard to get back to fitness and has been a good player for us down the last number of years but im afraid, much like when it was with O'Hara, it's time to go in a different direction

No question. I absolutely agree with you. I don't like bashing the guy either. But at some point you have to decide if Deihl is effective or not. And he isn't. Eli took a beating yesterday because of poor protection from Deihl's side. This guy was an excellent player back in 2008 and prior, but he isn't the same player anymore. He is now injury prone. I know the guy works hard to get himself on the field and all. But something working hard isn't enough to do the job. If you lose a step as you get older there is nothing you can do about it.

nycisgreat
11-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Diehl will play next week and then...Carlos Dunlap cried tears of joy for his imminent 2+ sack game.

Lmao