PDA

View Full Version : Eli doesn't feel he's off rhythm

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 02:21 PM
http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/9dec2d56-42e2-4c30-9276-cd3d22031b0a/?source=twitter

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm sorry Eli your wrong.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 02:25 PM
http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/9dec2d56-42e2-4c30-9276-cd3d22031b0a/?source=twitter
To quote Woody Allen......"I'm due back on planet earth".

BigBlue wins
11-05-2012, 02:25 PM
It's a mixture of things which in the end comes off as Eli being off. Don't forget the pressure on Eli at times this past game with Diehl stinking up the joint by allowing issues like that recovered fumble.

The receivers are also off too. Cruz is having a problem with these dropped passes and even Randle missed a point of catch on a 3rd down play. If he knew the play better he would have had converted a crucial 3rd down for us.

The only knock on Eli in this past game is that I saw Bennet open several times, such as the play where he was intercepted. Bennet not only was closer, but wide open. Instead Eli threw it further and into double coverage.

GameTime
11-05-2012, 02:29 PM
he's off and the whole O is off..

oh yeah so is the D and STs coverage too...

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 03:15 PM
This is a very telling quote: "guys winning one-on-one battles"...

Which is so true with this offense, if you aren't getting open, gaining separation, etc... this offense falls apart. The system is almost unstoppable when it works, when it doesn't well, you get what we've been seeing these last few weeks.

FrankAE
11-05-2012, 04:45 PM
It seems to me the receivers aren't trying. Running wrong routes and flat out not giving effort to jump or dive. Eli may not be off his game, he's not getting sacked because his ability to get rid of the ball. Sometimes he gets rid off the ball as a throw that looks as if it should have worked but not Eli's best because it was covered well and he was rushing to rid the ball trying to avoid a sack. The oline is just terrible, the run game proves it. Eli is his own reason he's not sacked that much.

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Don't make it sound like he thinks he had a good game. He said that obviously he had a bad game and needs to play better.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Eli is not wrong, he is what he is up and down great 2min drill comeback guy.

UDOWNWJPP
11-05-2012, 04:56 PM
The biggest thing I'm noticing is he's getting jumpy in the pocket and his mechanics are breaking down again. I'm in agreement with a lot of people on the board Diehl shouldn't be starting and the WRs need to do a better job of beating press coverage. Throw some RB screens, or run some quick slants. The streaks and the posts are being delayed because of the release and the line is leaking some. He is off though. For some reason that's my one knock on him . Just come out and say I did a bad job and I will do better. That's all I ask. It's not like the defense is stopping anyone either though. They just are killing in the takeaway department and we aren't getting any touchdowns out of it.

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 05:09 PM
The biggest thing I'm noticing is he's getting jumpy in the pocket and his mechanics are breaking down again. I'm in agreement with a lot of people on the board Diehl shouldn't be starting and the WRs need to do a better job of beating press coverage. Throw some RB screens, or run some quick slants. The streaks and the posts are being delayed because of the release and the line is leaking some. He is off though. For some reason that's my one knock on him . Just come out and say I did a bad job and I will do better. That's all I ask. It's not like the defense is stopping anyone either though. They just are killing in the takeaway department and we aren't getting any touchdowns out of it.So a guy threw for over 5000 yards and won the his second SB the year prior just suddenly lost his mechanics? I'm not buying that bull. Like I said earlier this offense is not a cohesive unit right now and it shows. Guys need to win on the coverage. The coaches need to figure something else out cuz teams are taking advantage.

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Eli has had slumps before and he pulls out of it. No time to panic yet.

NYGabriel
11-05-2012, 05:31 PM
If he's not off rhythm why is he going three and out every series? He's making Blaine Gabbert look like Johnny Unitas at the moment.