PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead, Giants might miss the playoffs.

SuperNYGiants
11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
With our offense in a slump, the defense not stopping anything, the special teams now looking like crap, and two fat dummy coordinators with no in-game adjustment skills, it's going to be a rough ride yet again for the remainder of the season.

@ Bengals - Unless the offense gets out of the slump, it might not even be close.
Packers - As if this defense will stop the best QB in the league, a sure loss.
@ Washington - The 1st game took a miracle luck to win, this one will be a loss.
Saints - Might be a shoot-out but Brees is better at that than Eli.
@Atlanta - This game will be a turning point for the better or worse, it would be best if Atlanta is still undefeated.
@Baltimore - This is the only game I feel confident about, but things might get dicey if Flacco shows up to play.
Philadelphia - It would be ideal to have the playoff spot locked up before this game and make this game as insignificant as possible.

So I'm looking at 9-7 right now in an optimistic perspective by beating Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia.
That might be good enough in the division I suppose, but I don't see them doing much of anything in the playoffs.

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Really, we just need to get our offense to show up. Eli needs to get back to the level he was last year. Cruz needs to stop dropping passes. DD needs to get back on the bench, and Bradshaw needs to follow him. Wilson and Brown need to get into the running game.

Our defense held Big Ben to 24 points, and that was with ZERO offensive help... they were barely off the field before the Giants punted again. Defense is great right now. When your defense has more TDs than your passing game and just as many as your run game, your offense is officially terrible.

If we get our offense to show up, we can easily win all those games...

joemorrisforprez
11-05-2012, 04:03 PM
I think the Giants lose to Packers, Saints, and Eagles......finish at 10-6 and division title.

TroyArcher
11-05-2012, 04:03 PM
And they could turn it around and win another SuperBowl. Gilbride has two SB rings with the Giants, not bad for a fat dummy.

TheEnigma
11-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Incoming 15+ page hate thread

hadenough
11-05-2012, 04:04 PM
With our offense in a slump, the defense not stopping anything, the special teams now looking like crap, and two fat dummy coordinators with no in-game adjustment skills, it's going to be a rough ride yet again for the remainder of the season.

@ Bengals - Unless the offense gets out of the slump, it might not even be close.
@ Washington - The 1st game took a miracle luck to win, this won will be a loss.
@Atlanta - This game will be a turning point for the better or worse, it would be best if Atlanta is still undefeated.
@Baltimore - This is the only game I feel confident about, but things might get dicey if Flacco shows up to play.
Philadelphia - It would be ideal to have the playoff spot locked up before this game and make this game as insignificant as possible.

So I'm looking at 9-7 right now in an optimistic perspective by beating Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia.
That might be good enough in the division I suppose, but I don't see them doing much of anything in the playoffs.

If they win next week...they are 7-3 at the bye....that's pretty good. All they would probably have to do is go 3-3 the last 6 games and win the division at 10-6. If they can't go .500 after the bye...they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

A win this Sunday is extremely important.

TextureDj
11-05-2012, 04:05 PM

@ Washington - The 1st game took a miracle luck to win, this won will be a loss.

That might be good enough in the division I suppose, but I don't see them doing much of anything in the playoffs.You should root for another team. I hear its nice in Atlanta right now.

Relax people, we lost one of the least important games in our schedule, only our 3rd, btw, we still lead our division by a decent margin. Not sure how this is the end of the world.

Reason to be disappointed/concerned? Absolutely. We didnt just get blown out by the2011 Skins, that is a legitimate defense we just played.

RoanokeFan
11-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Right now, we have won twice as many games as any of our division rivals. As maddening as losses like we suffered through yesterday can be, we also have games like the 49ers and there is no reason to think we can'l beat the Saints and Eagles. I'm assuming we go into the BYE at 7 - 3

Martyr
11-05-2012, 04:07 PM
You should root for another team. I hear its nice in Atlanta right now.

Relax people, we lost one of the least important games in our schedule, only our 3rd, btw, we still lead our division by a decent margin. Not sure how this is the end of the world.

Reason to be disappointed/concerned? Absolutely. We didnt just get blown out by the2011 Skins, that is a legitimate defense we just played.

^this

well put

SuperNYGiants
11-05-2012, 04:09 PM
The 6-3 record is no where near the indication of this team's current status, the offense has been sucking for a while now, it took a 77 yard miracle pass and Dez Bryant not cutting his fingernails from being in the middle of a 3 game losing streak.

GMAN2K9
11-05-2012, 04:12 PM
cmon now, yesterday was brutal but the giants have a golden opportunity to win the division, especially if Saints win tonight.

i believe we'll play like crap next week but win 16-10 then hopefully get things corrected over the bye

Moke
11-05-2012, 04:14 PM
The Packers have a horrible defense. If our offense can't beat them up, then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.... But I don't think we'll have a problem there.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM

@ Washington - The 1st game took a miracle luck to win, this one will be a loss.

That might be good enough in the division I suppose, but I don't see them doing much of anything in the playoffs. We could also win a SB again...

Of course we have a chance to miss the playoffs as does any other team. This thread would not have been made had we won last night.

xRick52x
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM

I love it! We get breaks downs like this every year and then....it NEVER turns out as us rookies like to think it will...

gmenfan0488
11-05-2012, 04:23 PM
We just need the offense to break out of their slump. Nicks looks healthy, the pass rush looks better, all we need is to break out of the offensive funk of the past two games, and we should run away with the division

sharick88
11-05-2012, 04:28 PM

You and Skip Bayless must be drinking buddies

TheAnalyst
11-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Are you the same guy who said last year we should lose the last 4 games of the year on purpose to get a better draft pick?

SuperNYGiants
11-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Are you the same guy who said last year we should lose the last 4 games of the year on purpose to get a better draft pick?
No, but I'm all for this offense hitting rock bottom so that Gilbride would be gone for good. There's no bright future with Gilbride anymore. Eli needs a new, better system.

Dwinsballgames
11-05-2012, 04:51 PM
This thread get's the Chicken Little award. It was a tough choice, the competition was fierce, but in the end... yeah.

RoanokeFan
11-05-2012, 04:56 PM
The 6-3 record is no where near the indication of this team's current status, the offense has been sucking for a while now, it took a 77 yard miracle pass and Dez Bryant not cutting his fingernails from being in the middle of a 3 game losing streak.

In the words of Bill Parcells. "You are what your record says you are."

RoanokeFan
11-05-2012, 04:57 PM
This thread get's the Chicken Little award. It was a tough choice, the competition was fierce, but in the end... yeah.

You really should wait for a few straggler threads tomorrow before opening the envelope

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Someone has to win the division. How about the team in the lead at 6-3?

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Someone has to win the division. How about the team in the lead at 6-3?You would think, right? But then again we have been here before, started 5-2 and finished 8-8. Coughlin's Giants are like as box of chocolate: You never know what you are gonna get. One thing is for sure: with the Giants it is never easy, it is always the hard way.

G-Men Surg.
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
It's just amazing how this kind of threads flourish when the Giants lose . I'm not blind about the problems Big Blue have at this moment but thinking the Giants are doomed and lost is just plain stupid.

Giantslb66
11-05-2012, 06:07 PM
The Giants are going to kick the Saints a**es!! They don't have their little dome to play in this time. They have to play US, outside, in the cold. I'm sure the players will remember what the Saints did to them down there. Time to run it up on New Orleans!

45Jones
11-05-2012, 06:10 PM
We Giants fans don't seem as bad as we really are. :p

jomo
11-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Really, we just need to get our offense to show up. Eli needs to get back to the level he was last year. Cruz needs to stop dropping passes. DD needs to get back on the bench, and Bradshaw needs to follow him. Wilson and Brown need to get into the running game.

Our defense held Big Ben to 24 points, and that was with ZERO offensive help... they were barely off the field before the Giants punted again. Defense is great right now. When your defense has more TDs than your passing game and just as many as your run game, your offense is officially terrible.

If we get our offense to show up, we can easily win all those games...We played our worst game of the season. All three aspects of our game were terrible. SPecial teams were the worst I have ever seen them. Eli seemed out of synch with his receivers. Our team committed uncharacteristic penalties due to lapses in concentration.................and yet we lost by only 4 to a very good team that is on the rise and didn't have to live though Sandy. You can choose the pessimistic route. I would simply say that we need to get somethings corrected and we'll be as good as anyone by the end of the season except the Cowboys because no one is ever as good as them.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 06:33 PM
We should just throw in the towel for the rest of the season we are done.....we have no chance in a shootout against the best qb in football even though we did it twice last year lost one and won ,one.

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 07:38 PM

you are right we are no lock for the playoffs

Giantterp
11-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Incredible! One loss to a quality team and we're already talking about how the Giants are going to miss the playoffs. Even if they lose this week, they are still in good shape.

The games against Philly Washington are twice as important and GB and Atlanta are much more important than the Pit and Cincy games.

brad
11-05-2012, 07:55 PM
I can understand criticism of players and coaches, I can't argue when someone posts about Eli being inaccurate the past few weeks and the defense giving up major yardage. However... this thread is a bit extreme, acknowledging only negative and not seeing any positive... it's the dirty guy on the street corner holding a sign to warn everyone the end of the world is near!

For one, special teams had on bad game, 1 out of 9, and the op assumes they will be horrible from here on out. Seems a bit dramatic IMO. Sometimes I wonder if this board should be dedicated to the Jersey Shore rather than an NFL team.

Defense has given up a ton of yards, but ranks 10th in points per game, tied for first in INTs, 5th in sacks, and 7th in defensive TDs. Say what you want, but those numbers are pretty good considering the rash of injuries this defense has had throughout the year. They are only going to improve... assuming they stay relatively healthy.

Offense has been bad the past few weeks, can't argue with that at all. But, no one who looks at it objectively expects that to continue for the rest of the season. They will figure things out and improve, although like many, I am a bit impatient waiting for that to happen.

I understand frustration, even anger during the game... what I don't understand is those who almost relish the idea of failure for their team because it will prove them correct. I also can't understand when a fan is so fanatical that their entire week and how they feel about themselves is based on the performance of a team they have no control over. In the end, it is a game, we will have bad seasons and good ones, sometimes we will have both in the same season. Don't beat your dog or kids over it, because next week you might feel completely different.