PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner owed an apology from giant fans on Eli manning

Harooni
11-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Was he correct saying Eli is not the HOF QB his biggest fans think he is. was he correct saying Alex smith was comparable to Eli.
Its not like he ever said Eli wasnt good. I think Warner is owed an apology from giant fans around the globe.

http://prod.static.cardinals.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/ARI/photos/2008_offseason/offseason_program_begins/workoutgallery2--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

SuperNYGiants
11-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Using Alex Smith as a barometer completely destroys Warner's case.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 04:58 PM
lmao don't take the bait people.....

Harooni
11-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Using Alex Smith as a barometer completely destroys Warner's case.

how so???

alex smith- 12tds 5 ints

Eli manning - 12tds 9 ints

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Why is Eli suddenly the worst quarterback now? When we win it's a TEAM effort, when we lose ELI SUCKS!!
I don't understand.

SuperNYGiants
11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
how so???

alex smith- 12tds 5 ints

Eli manning - 12tds 9 ints
One season does not define a QB, Alex Smith should concern himself with not being the next Romo.

ELI_HOF_NYG
Was he correct saying Eli is not the HOF QB his biggest fans think he is. was he correct saying Alex smith was comparable to Eli.
Its not like he ever said Eli wasnt good. I think Warner is owed an apology from giant fans around the globe.

http://prod.static.cardinals.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/ARI/photos/2008_offseason/offseason_program_begins/workoutgallery2--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

try again, fool

Out of Exile
Really Harooni? Just, no. Just stop.

Moke
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
That's a very hot picture of Kurt Warner. I can not reply to the thread with what I believe on the case because of how red my cheeks got when looking at that picture

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
11-05-2012, 05:17 PM

http://prod.static.cardinals.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/ARI/photos/2008_offseason/offseason_program_begins/workoutgallery2--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg LOL why is that scrub doing shoulder shrugs with no gloves/wrist support and low weight?

dezzzR
11-05-2012, 05:19 PM
I think Im owed an apology for having to scroll by your sig

TheEnigma
11-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Kurt Warner is such a MANBEAST! He's got the eye of the tiger and everything...

Drez
11-05-2012, 05:34 PM
No, he isn't owed an apology, and no he isn't correct.

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 05:35 PM
how so???

alex smith- 12tds 5 ints
Eli manning - 12tds 9 intsAlex Smith = 0 SB's
Eli 2 SB's

Harooni
11-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Why is Eli suddenly the worst quarterback now? When we win it's a TEAM effort, when we lose ELI SUCKS!!
I don't understand.

he isnt at all that is not the thread or what Warner said, he siad no HOF just yet. that Eli would need a League MVP and improve his Passer rating.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 05:55 PM
That's a very hot picture of Kurt Warner. I can not reply to the thread with what I believe on the case because of how red my cheeks got when looking at that picture
haha

i think he should be considered for the next James bond

http://www.tvfoodanddrink.com/pics_nov10/dwts_kurt.jpg

G-Men Surg.
11-05-2012, 05:58 PM

You can be the first in line if you feel compel to do it Harooni .

Harooni
11-05-2012, 05:59 PM
You can be the first in line if you feel compel to do it Harooni . Well i don't owe him an apology because i always agreed with him on the subject.

now two things that doesnt mean Eli isnt a Good QB or that alex smith is better than him, so i do not understand the miscommunication going on with others in this thread.

dave56dj
11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
6 great games he is a hof'er 3 or 4 bad ones and he is not better then alex smith - FOOTBALL FANS.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I think Im owed an apology for having to scroll by your sig yes, i can understand why the site of gilbride would be bothersome.

FBomb
11-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Well. good luck with that.

TheEnigma
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Can Warner act? He makes a good Bond just based on appearance but I doubt anyone could touch the great Sean Connery.

Delicreep
11-05-2012, 06:06 PM

Couple things:

1) Why would you start this post off with a pick of Warner's wife Brenda doing a light workout?*

2) Anyone that knows anything about Warner should know that there is no hostility/jealousy in his comments--he believes them and he isn't making it personal with Eli. Everything we know about the guy screams honesty.

3) The fact that he believes it (as do you) in no way makes it true. His statement that a league MVP is the key has absolutely no basis in reality; it is in fact, demonstrably false.

4) You can't honestly believe that after he retires with at least two SB MVP's, two highlights that will be shown until the end of time, a handful of league/playoff records, the HOF voters are going to say, "yeah, but remember that Pittsburgh game in 2012"?

5) If your plan is to take a few stats from a few games (9 in this case) and use them to compare 2 players careers would probably eliminate just about every QB from going to the HOF. Or do we use Warner's year with the giants (6td 4 INT's in 10 games played) to disqualify him?

*Fair warning...laugh at the joke and move on. You try and post a "pretty" pic of her is only going to encourage people to find the many, many pics of her that will scare children. Adults too.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Can Warner act? He makes a good Bond just based on appearance but I doubt anyone could touch the great Sean Connery. of course connery will always be the best bond ever. no question. Warner can act sing and dance and the looks.
http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/kurt-warner-pic_376x597.jpg

Beelzeboss
11-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Couple things:

1) Why would you start this post off with a pick of Warner's wife Brenda doing a light workout?*

2) Anyone that knows anything about Warner should know that there is no hostility/jealousy in his comments--he believes them and he isn't making it personal with Eli. Everything we know about the guy screams honesty.

3) The fact that he believes it (as do you) in no way makes it true. His statement that a league MVP is the key has absolutely no basis in reality; it is in fact, demonstrably false.

4) You can't honestly believe that after he retires with at least two SB MVP's, two highlights that will be shown until the end of time, a handful of league/playoff records, the HOF voters are going to say, "yeah, but remember that Pittsburgh game in 2012"?

5) If your plan is to take a few stats from a few games (9 in this case) and use them to compare 2 players careers would probably eliminate just about every QB from going to the HOF. Or do we use Warner's year with the giants (6td 4 INT's in 10 games played) to disqualify him?

*Fair warning...laugh at the joke and move on. You try and post a "pretty" pic of her is only going to encourage people to find the many, many pics of her that will scare children. Adults too.

+1000

Harooni
11-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Couple things:

good post deli, at least you understand Warner has no secret agenda to bash Eli. But the point was at this very moment in time, Eli isnt HOF just yet. not sure about big ben either. but in Eli;s case if you look at his career QB rating and high career int's in todays pass friendly world. you would be putting a lot of qb's in the HOF and trust me its not easy to get into it.

rainierjef
11-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Warner needs to apologize for all the games he lost while being a giant, FIRST!

G-Men Surg.
11-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Well i don't owe him an apology because i always agreed with him on the subject.

now two things that doesnt mean Eli isnt a Good QB or that alex smith is better than him, so i do not understand the miscommunication going on with others in this thread.
So let me get this straight, you are saying a lot of Giant fans owe him an apology because he said Eli isn't a HOF QB and fans think otherwise ? IMO this is just a plain dumb argument for Kurt to start and dumber for fans to fall in because the book of Eli is still open and he's still writing his history. You can make a strong argument at this moment that Eli is already a HOF QB but the truth of the matter is that time will tell if Eli deserves to be in Canton .

Delicreep
11-05-2012, 06:18 PM
good post deli, at least you understand Warner has no secret agenda to bash Eli. But the point was at this very moment in time, Eli isnt HOF just yet. not sure about big ben either. but in Eli;s case if you look at his career QB rating and high career int's in todays pass friendly world. you would be putting a lot of qb's in the HOF and trust me its not easy to get into it.

This "lot of QB's" you speak of...what percentage of them have 2 SB wins and two SB MVP's to go with 'em?

I am going to guess that number hovers around 0%.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 06:19 PM
So let me get this straight, you are saying a lot of Giant fans owe him an apology because he said Eli isn't a HOF QB and fans think otherwise ? IMO this is just a plain dumb argument for Kurt to start and dumber for fans to fall in because the book of Eli is still open and he's still writing his history. You can make a strong argument at this moment that Eli is already a HOF QB but the truth of the matter is that time will tell if Eli deserves to be in Canton . no he said at this moment in time, he doesn't own a crystal ball. next fans owe him an apology for bashing warner and calling him jealous of Eli.

Drez
11-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Warner needs to apologize for all the games he lost while being a giant, FIRST!
He only lost a few. I think we were 5-4 when we put Eli in full time.

rainierjef
11-05-2012, 06:21 PM
He only lost a few. I think we were 5-4 when we put Eli in full time.
I want an apology for those 4! :P

G-Men Surg.
11-05-2012, 06:23 PM
no he said at this moment in time, he doesn't own a crystal ball. next fans owe him an apology for bashing warner and calling him jealous of Eli.

I think Warner is a big boy and can handle the bashing, if not ? He can search another line of work.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 06:23 PM
He only lost a few. I think we were 5-4 when we put Eli in full time. thank you

i do find it funny that if Eli throws 1td and 220 yards he is a sb mvp and if Warner throws the same there where chants to throw him off the team. So if one guys Defense allows him to win throwing 1 td that means he is great and the other guy a loser, i just never understood it. its all perception i guess.

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Eli must not have kept his deal with the devil.............he has reverted 1000% to his worst times

Harooni
11-05-2012, 06:33 PM
This "lot of QB's" you speak of...what percentage of them have 2 SB wins and two SB MVP's to go with 'em?

I am going to guess that number hovers around 0%. well we could have brees , rodgers peyton brady Eli big ben thats a lot of QB's to send to the HOF in a short span., it just doesnt happen, HOF means very best at your position during your time.

Delicreep
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
well we could have brees , rodgers peyton brady Eli big ben thats a lot of QB's to send to the HOF in a short span., it just doesnt happen, HOF means very best at your position during your time.

I never said Eli was a first ballot HOFer, I just said that Warner/you re wrong about him getting in.

Dude's career is gonna be marked with some extraordinary successes, fantastically memorable highlights and a membership in a special draft class.

I would actually argue that the bad games now and then are going to help his case--his bones are being made by being clutch under pressure and a last minute assassin.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Im shocked no one who called Warner a hater and had an axe to grind will offer anything. He is one of the best players to wear a Giants uniform and It is sad the way fans talk about him.

http://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/images/stories/kurt-warner_flash.jpg

TheEnigma
11-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Im shocked no one who called Warner a hater and had an axe to grind will offer anything. He is one of the best players to wear a Giants uniform and It is sad the way fans talk about him.

I don't know about one of the best players to wear a Giants uniform but I'd definitely say he is one of the most underrated ever. Everyone forgets about the talk he had with TC to get the Giants on track in the future (about his attitude toward the players) and he's just a generally pleasant person. Great human being to boot as well.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't know about one of the best players to wear a Giants uniform but I'd definitely say he is one of the most underrated ever. Everyone forgets about the talk he had with TC to get the Giants on track in the future (about his attitude toward the players) and he's just a generally pleasant person. Great human being to boot as well.

spot on , im not a religious man ,but Warner is just a good guy. he married a woman with an autistic son , countless hours of charity work. Never off the field drama, he was a great role model.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120907074535-belief-warners-1-story-top.jpg

ps -i stalk to get photo's dont ask.

dezzzR
11-05-2012, 07:52 PM
yes, i can understand why the site of gilbride would be bothersome.hes staring at tikis taint, wishing we had a running game again.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't owe him an apology because I've always believed that he's the best grocery bagging, henpecked, system QB the league may have ever seen perhaps.

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 08:30 PM
He's owed a bigger apology for benching him at 5-3

BigBlueAllDay
11-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Kurt Warner should owe the Giants fans an apology for his failed stint as the Giants QB.

Moke
11-05-2012, 08:38 PM
haha

i think he should be considered for the next James bond

http://www.tvfoodanddrink.com/pics_nov10/dwts_kurt.jpg

ROFL, he'd be amazing

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Kurt Warner should owe the Giants fans an apology for his failed stint as the Giants QB.

he was 5-3 and coming off a 4 game winning streak when Ernie the wig ordered Coughlin to put in Eli..........GIVE ME A BREAK........must be the first 5-3 QB to ever be sat down

BigBlueAllDay
11-05-2012, 08:47 PM
he was 5-3 and coming off a 4 game winning streak when Ernie the wig ordered Coughlin to put in Eli..........GIVE ME A BREAK........must be the first 5-3 QB to ever be sat down

The dude kept holding onto the ball too long and getting sacked in the pocket and Eli had to get his feet wet although it wasn't a good start for Eli.

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
His career was built on holding the ball........that should not have shocked anyone.......he was the anti Sanchez

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 08:49 PM
His career was built on holding the ball........that should not have shocked anyone.......he was the anti Sanchez

If he was that bad how did he lead AZ to a SuperBowl appearance????????????????????????????????????????/

BlueSanta
11-05-2012, 08:58 PM

He was 1 of the worst bad weather Qbs in the NFL. The Giants should have never pursued him because he was never going to suceed long term in this climate. He was made to play in a dome or in a climate like Arizona and his career stats show this.

I admire him for what he did, but I still dont think he was a complete player because he simply could not play in cold/wet/snow weather at all.

BigBlueAllDay
11-05-2012, 09:04 PM
If he was that bad how did he lead AZ to a SuperBowl appearance????????????????????????????????????????/

Arizona defense at its franchise peak and WRs named Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston, even though they still got plastered by the Giants in AZ that season without Burress. Team game...

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Amazing
simply amazing............I am speechless

He is/was a HALL OF FAME QB..............there is no guarantee Eli will be one

BlueSanta
11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Actually he started 9 games and went 5-4.

Of those 5 teams only 1 was considered a good team, the Packers, who only has a good record because of how poor their division was that year. Every other team he beat had a bad record.

Of his 4 losses only 1 of them came vs a team with a winning record(the Eagles.) He lost to some very bad teams and his stats were on a decline as the weather became progressively worse and worse as the season progressed.

If you are trying to argue he played well for us, you are fighting a losing battle. If you are trying to argue we should have kept him in longer, then you are saying we should have not bothered to advance the career of the guy who won us 2 superbowls.

But, lets assume you are correct and lets compare the careers of the 2 since 2004. Kurt led his team to a superbowl , which he lost. Eli led his teams to 2 superbowls as a BIG underdog in both cases and won, defeating heavily favored opponents along the way. Eli is still going and is in his prime, Kurt is crying in the studeos. Say your welcome to Eli.

BigBlueAllDay
11-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Amazing
simply amazing............I am speechless

He is/was a HALL OF FAME QB..............there is no guarantee Eli will be one

If Warner does get into the hall of fame, it would be because of his career on the Rams with "The Greatest Show on Turf" moreso than his resurrected career as the Cardinals QB... plus some NFL commentary work. Anyway, two times already, Playoff Eli magically turned the corner, has won us over and got us 2 Superbowls. I'm just content with geting into the playoffs at this point. I'm not going to linger on beating down the team for losing a close game against a superbowl-contending Steelers team. Next game is just 6 days away. It would be worse if the team let the loss affect them for the rest of the season.

zimonami
11-05-2012, 09:36 PM
So, the question remains... does Kurt still resent a rookie taking his job?
Always and forever.
Even if that hadn't happened, Kurt lost me a few games earlier when he chicken kneeled/slid at the 1, instead of putting his head down and getting the TD.It was the difference in the game.
Kurt shouldn't be holding his breath waiting on my apology.

joemorrisforprez
11-05-2012, 09:40 PM

I think you owe me an apology for starting this thread.

alentown pa
11-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't understand.

you're new so I will elaborate, there are miserable trollish fans that post on these boards, the OP is one of them, he just pulled up a stat comparing Alex smith to Eli, making it look as if Alex smith would be who you want to lead your team...part of this is that he does not understand the game the other part is he is trying to get attention. You'll see he or she makes a lot of threads on here in attempt to get attention, it gets old and is rather pathetic imo.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 09:53 PM

Because was building a team around a franchise QB not building a franchise around his temporary QB. And of course, Accorsi was right.

Warner is an above average QB who thrives in a certain system which was never a system the Giants were going to build or play. No big deal it was just a bad fit. He wasn't awful as a Giant, it just wasn't a good fit and the organization wasn't going to build a team to fit him around him.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 10:05 PM
well we could have brees , rodgers peyton brady Eli big ben thats a lot of QB's to send to the HOF in a short span., it just doesnt happen, HOF means very best at your position during your time.

Best during your time? Whither Troy Aikman......

Aikman, Montana, Marino, Moon, Elway, Young, Kelly lots a lot of QBs from the same era getting in.

Meanwhile Aikman is the poster boy for the Hall of Fame being the Hall of Pretty Darn Good. Using his election alone, Eli would need to play like he's currently playing for the rest of his career not to get in.

But I ultimately agree, at this point, it's premature.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 10:07 PM

Wow, and I thought you knew Giant history!

You owe the organization an apology for that comment, mister!

giants-_-
11-05-2012, 11:08 PM
My grandmother can deadlift 225 pathetic

Tbonenc
11-06-2012, 01:25 PM

I see stupid people.

Harooni
11-12-2012, 09:34 AM
My grandmother can deadlift 225 pathetic I wonder how much Eli can deadlift. id probably have a good chuckle.

giantyankee1976
11-12-2012, 09:50 AM
lmao don't take the bait people.....

taking it, love ya Harooni but F Warner !!!