PDA

View Full Version : Couglins Greatest Boneheaded Moves- feel free to add your own

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 05:30 PM
1- Replacing Boothe at center late in 2010 with a the lame and limping O'hara when the Giants were doing 6 yds a carry for 5 games

2- Replacing Andre Brown with Bradshaw earlier this year

3- Not activating Ojomo

4- Cutting Petrus and replacing Locklear with the limping lame Deihl (getting to see a trend here?)

5- Cutting Perrilloux and keeping the illustrious David Carr the Chickenhearted

5- Elevating Sheridan to DC

6- removing the screen pass from our playbook

7- throwing the ball against Philly when a FG would have won it

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Anyone agree?

NYGabriel
11-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I like Coughlin.

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 05:55 PM
8- Letting Boss slip away, and Ballard

9- not finding a special teams coach........I think Pee Wee Herman was coaching Special teams last night

10- cutting Blackburn last summer...actually I dont think he was invited to camp

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM
1- Replacing Boothe at center late in 2010 with a the lame and limping O'hara when the Giants were doing 6 yds a carry for 5 games

2- Replacing Andre Brown with Bradshaw earlier this year

3- Not activating Ojomo

4- Cutting Petrus and replacing Locklear with the limping lame Deihl (getting to see a trend here?)

5- Cutting Perrilloux and keeping the illustrious David Carr the Chickenhearted

5- Elevating Sheridan to DC

6- removing the screen pass from our playbook

7- throwing the ball against Philly when a FG would have won it

lol i came into this thread saying oh boy, here comes another stupid post but i actually agree with everyone except number 2. bradshaw is running hard. yes brown comes in and runs good when he does, but i dont think brown would be a good every down back because of his stamina. they need to split these guys 50/50.

TC is a good coach but he is questionable at times for sure

FBomb
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM
sigh

BigBlue wins
11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I will say, Coughlin doesn't seem to recognize talent on the offense line if it slaps him in the face. That seems to be a trend, but I cant knock anything else really. He just needs to stop being stubborn and be creative and not stale..He's too conservative at times.

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 06:07 PM
11. Holding on to Sinorice Moss
12. Holding on to Beckum
13. Having Tynes kick from beyond 45 yards.
14. Keeping Killdrive
15. Keeping Fewell

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 06:08 PM
lol i came into this thread saying oh boy, here comes another stupid post but i actually agree with everyone except number 2. bradshaw is running hard. yes brown comes in and runs good when he does, but i dont think brown would be a good every down back because of his stamina. they need to split these guys 50/50.

TC is a good coach but he is questionable at times for sure

When Brown started the game and owned the position he was Linsanity........its all this switching off that kills Brown..........he's a guy like Tiki who needs to stay in there........Brown made some hip shifting moves last night that left my jaw hanging open.........then he was benched for mr 1 yd per carry

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 06:10 PM
When Brown started the game and owned the position he was Linsanity........its all this switching off that kills Brown..........he's a guy like Tiki who needs to stay in there........Brown made some hip shifting moves last night that left my jaw hanging open.........then he was benched for mr 1 yd per carryWe can sum up Coughlin's coaching philosophy to this: "find out what works and then do the exact opposite"

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 06:11 PM
8- Letting Boss slip away, and Ballard

9- not finding a special teams coach........I think Pee Wee Herman was coaching Special teams last night

10- cutting Blackburn last summer...actually I dont think he was invited to camp

boss was the second most overrated giants player by giants fans i have ever seen. right behind steve smith

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 06:12 PM
We can sum up Coughlin's coaching philosophy to this: "find out what works and then do the exact opposite"

ITS TRUE.........IF HE DID NOT HAVE THE MOST TALENTED ROSTER IN THE NFL ........we would be pushing Cleveland for #32 inhe NFL
the stubborn old coot is his own worst enemy

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 06:13 PM
I did not like the result of Tomlins brave move last night (the fake FG) , but I admire the ingenuity, and win at all cost attitude

Harooni
11-05-2012, 06:15 PM
I love TC great coach but he is human

mistakes

benching Warner

Not benching Eli early in his career - which in turn created some bad habits

TC can be stubborn at times- like BJ up the middle over and over.

Not returning Tiki;s calls

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 06:16 PM
When Brown started the game and owned the position he was Linsanity........its all this switching off that kills Brown..........he's a guy like Tiki who needs to stay in there........Brown made some hip shifting moves last night that left my jaw hanging open.........then he was benched for mr 1 yd per carry

brown has better vision and is faster. bradshaw is quicker and has better stamina. they are both strong. i wish brown would get more carries but i dont mind bradshaw as the starter

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 06:18 PM
You got me there, I was going to mention the Warner benching (and Warner will hate us forever..prob has a Coughlin VooDoo doll)

NOt bringing Tiki back was Fnnnnnnnn unconsionable........who cares about the guys marital problem...........its not Dr Phil.........the the friggen NFL

NYGfanNC
Trading Phillip Rivers for Eli Manning

BParcells777
brown runs harder and has better vision and is faster. bradshaw is quicker and has better stamina. they are both strong. i wish brown would get more carries but i dont mind bradshaw as the starter

I do ............he has no vision or patience..........he is blowing our season single handed

dave56dj
11-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Great coordinator - but they ALL make mistakes from Bellicheck to Lombardi.

giantsforce
11-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Trading Phillip Rivers for Eli ManningThat was not even Coughlin's choice. That was EA all by himself.

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Great coordinator - but they ALL make mistakes from Bellicheck to Lombardi.

the difference is Lombardi and Bellicheck learn from them and do not stubbornly repaet them over and over and over and over and over