PDA

View Full Version : cruz said we didnt do a good job adjusting to the different coverage's.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/WR_Victor_Cruz_on_disappointing_loss_/7b7a762c-5ab0-4fc5-815a-4e904efee08c

Lol you may be on to something here (rudyy)..

But by adjusting, what does he mean? the game plan, or the route running and pre snap reads?

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I think mostly the game plan. When what you're doing isn't working, you're supposed to switch to something else...

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 06:26 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if its a little bit of both

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 06:28 PM
I think mostly the game plan. When what you're doing isn't working, you're supposed to switch to something else...

dont tell tom that..............to him its all execution

ELI_HOF_NYG
11-05-2012, 06:29 PM
at this point we could use Mr. Coach Kline to write us up some new plays,,,lol.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Sounds like Eli is hinting at game planning too, Eli was just on Mike Francesa and he was saying itwas all about execution which I personally don't believe is the only problem,cause the play calling has been terrible too. Eli also said something interesting...he sounded like he was a little pissed he said that he thinks they tried to run the ball a little to much in the redzone in past weeks and that it basically has one chance to make the throw on 3rd down. Now he didn't say it exactly like that but he also said that he would like to do more short passes to open things up deep. This sounds like a little more then execution to me.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Sounds like Eli is hinting at game planning too, Eli was just on Mike Francesa and he was saying itwas all about execution which I personally don't believe is the only problem,cause the play calling has been terrible too. Eli also said something interesting...he sounded like he was a little pissed he said that he thinks they tried to run the ball a little to much in the redzone in past weeks and that it basically has one chance to make the throw on 3rd down. Now he didn't say it exactly like that but he also said that he would like to do more short passes to open things up deep. This sounds like a little more then execution to me.

Interesting. If this is true then i think its official. maybe Gilbride really does need to step it up also. Ill aways think hes a good OC and has a strong system, but it might be time to change some things.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 06:42 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/QB_Eli_Manning_on_making_improvements/2cedaa40-6843-4a8f-88ed-a1887eda8a19

its a mixture of not executing also. especially juding from what eli is saying. Eli admits he didnt play good.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/QB_Eli_Manning_on_making_improvements/2cedaa40-6843-4a8f-88ed-a1887eda8a19

its a mixture of not executing also. especially juding from what eli is saying. Eli admits he didnt play good.He admits it but he's definitely putting it out there that it's play calling too. He's just not going to call out coaches like that. It's definitely both but people are kidding themselves if they think it's just execution ( not you lol)

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Interesting. If this is true then i think its official. maybe Gilbride really does need to step it up also. Ill aways think hes a good OC and has a strong system, but it might be time to change some things.It's definitely true I think you can listen to it online...I just watched the whole thing.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
It's definitely true I think you can listen to it online...I just watched the whole thing.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/TE_Martellus_Bennett_on_moving_on_from_loss/cbce1cc7-3982-4381-958e-32891b5fe2bc

toward the end bennett states that teams are playing them differently and they need to change things up because what they see on tape vs previous teams is not what teams are doing against them. its official. it has to be the game plan

Tmurda1984
11-05-2012, 06:56 PM
When you miss more than half your passes and throw for only 125 yards as a professional QB...its all execution! I dont want to hear anything about scheme or gameplanning. Hes had the same coaching staff his whole career...THOSE NUMBERS ARE DESPICABLE!!!! ABSOLUTELY DESPICABLE!!! The reason Gilbride didnt want to throw the ball more in the endzone because with the performance Eli had the last 3 weeks, he couldnt trust him. The last 3 weeks, Eli's decision making is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE....He singlehandley allowed the Redskins to come back after the Giants defense was able to get a turnover, and Eli gave the ball right back on the very next play. Eli last week threw some errand passes that could of easily been picked off. WHAT COACH AND COORDINATOR IS GOING TO TRUST YOU WITH DECISION MAKING LIKE THAT. Dont get me wrong, I love Eli, but he needs to step it up.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 06:58 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/TE_Martellus_Bennett_on_moving_on_from_loss/cbce1cc7-3982-4381-958e-32891b5fe2bc

toward the end bennett states that teams are playing them differently and they need to change things up because what they see on tape vs previous teams is not what teams are doing against them. its official. it has to be the game planThis is alarming when a team is doing different things and it's working to their advantage it time to change things up a little bit. There is enough tape out there to derail his scheme. He needs to let go of his ego and make some changes to his gameplan and TC needs to make sure he does it. To be fair if and when he does this the players need to execute.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 07:00 PM
When you miss more than half your passes and throw for only 125 yards as a professional QB...its all execution! I dont want to hear anything about scheme or gameplanning. Hes had the same coaching staff his whole career...THOSE NUMBERS ARE DESPICABLE!!!! ABSOLUTELY DESPICABLE!!! The reason Gilbride didnt want to throw the ball more in the endzone because with the performance Eli had the last 3 weeks, he couldnt trust him. The last 3 weeks, Eli's decision making is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE....He singlehandley allowed the Redskins to come back after the Giants defense was able to get a turnover, and Eli gave the ball right back on the very next play. Eli last week threw some errand passes that could of easily been picked off. WHAT COACH AND COORDINATOR IS GOING TO TRUST YOU WITH DECISION MAKING LIKE THAT. Dont get me wrong, I love Eli, but he needs to step it up.No one said it wasn't what are you talking about???? This is coming from the horses mouth man straight from Eli himself. If it's only the players then we need new players cause they are just not that good. The fact is it's both and if you can't see that I feel bad for you. Eli may be throwing the ball but it's also KG scheme. the blame goes on both Eli needs to be honest with him and tell him what works for him and what doesn't. Sometimes all it takes is getting the ball into the playmakers hands.ELI SAID HIMSELF THEY NEED TO DINK AND DUNK MORE HIS EXACT WORDS. Does that sound like execution ??

Tmurda1984
11-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Its the players! Trust me....We can not run the ball and now we cannot pass the ball. Eli is making terrible decisions out there and the Giants receivers are not winning their one on one matchups. If teams are truly doubling Cruz and Nicks, then why is no1 open down the field...we are almost making look as if theirs 13 defenders out there against Eli. Eli has total control of this offense, based on the defensive setup he can audible to pass or run. For the first time in my life, I think we see an Eli Manning a little rattled out there...this is just not like him.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Its the players! Trust me....We can not run the ball and now we cannot pass the ball. Eli is making terrible decisions out there and the Giants receivers are not winning their one on one matchups. If teams are truly doubling Cruz and Nicks, then why is no1 open down the field...we are almost making look as if theirs 13 defenders out there against Eli. Eli has total control of this offense, based on the defensive setup he can audible to pass or run. For the first time in my life, I think we see an Eli Manning a little rattled out there...this is just not like him.Yep it's onnnnnnly the players teams adjusting from last year to Eli and the scheme and the coaches not making the necessary adjustments to the teams we are playing has nothing to do with it....

joemorrisforprez
11-05-2012, 07:22 PM

This.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 07:59 PM
When you miss more than half your passes and throw for only 125 yards as a professional QB...its all execution! I dont want to hear anything about scheme or gameplanning. Hes had the same coaching staff his whole career...THOSE NUMBERS ARE DESPICABLE!!!! ABSOLUTELY DESPICABLE!!! The reason Gilbride didnt want to throw the ball more in the endzone because with the performance Eli had the last 3 weeks, he couldnt trust him. The last 3 weeks, Eli's decision making is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE....He singlehandley allowed the Redskins to come back after the Giants defense was able to get a turnover, and Eli gave the ball right back on the very next play. Eli last week threw some errand passes that could of easily been picked off. WHAT COACH AND COORDINATOR IS GOING TO TRUST YOU WITH DECISION MAKING LIKE THAT. Dont get me wrong, I love Eli, but he needs to step it up.You do know there were a couple of pi calls which hindered Eli's numbers a bit.

brad
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM

More short passes to open up the deep throw... that I absolutely agree with! It would also help with the pass rush as well. Makes perfect sense to me!

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 08:06 PM
After that hit, by our former Saftey, I'm suprised Cruz can talk.............Ryan Clark must have been miffed we let him walk

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 08:07 PM
More short passes to open up the deep throw... that I absolutely agree with! It would also help with the pass rush as well. Makes perfect sense to me!exactly it's just amazing that they didn't make these adjustments in the game yesterday.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Its the players! Trust me....We can not run the ball and now we cannot pass the ball. Eli is making terrible decisions out there and the Giants receivers are not winning their one on one matchups. If teams are truly doubling Cruz and Nicks, then why is no1 open down the field...we are almost making look as if theirs 13 defenders out there against Eli. Eli has total control of this offense, based on the defensive setup he can audible to pass or run. For the first time in my life, I think we see an Eli Manning a little rattled out there...this is just not like him.

eli admit he has played bad these last 2 games so its a combination of both

Ruttiger711
11-05-2012, 08:28 PM
run, run - HAVE to pass (at a minimum of 7 yards) in the redzone is getting way too familiar.

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 08:56 PM
I know some people are sensitive about calling out the coaching staff, but they need to be called out.
All you got to do is jam our receivers and BAM nobody is open. That's ridiculous!

Put some quick slants in there not just 70 yard bombs.
David Wilson has nice hands, let him catch some!
C'mon, we're too talented to be having 4 plays in the playbook, switch it around a little bit.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 09:03 PM
I know some people are sensitive about calling out the coaching staff, but they need to be called out.
All you got to do is jam our receivers and BAM nobody is open. That's ridiculous!

Put some quick slants in there not just 70 yard bombs.
David Wilson has nice hands, let him catch some!
C'mon, we're too talented to be having 4 plays in the playbook, switch it around a little bit.

haha i knew you'd come into this thread sooner or later. I guess you might have been right about the plays being predictable. From what i am seeing and hearing from the players, execution has also been an issue too so its a good combination of both. But yes, Gilbride may have to start ajusting a little better. And guys need to catch the ball. And eli needs to make better decisions

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 09:07 PM
haha i knew you'd come into this thread sooner or later. I guess you might have been right about the plays being predictable. From what i am seeing and hearing from the players, execution has also been an issue too so its a good combination of both. But yes, Gilbride may have to start ajusting a little better. And guys need to catch the ball. And eli needs to make better decisionsThank you, thank you, and thank you.

You'd think this problem would have been solved..our team is having such a hard time adjusting haha.

YATittle1962
11-05-2012, 10:15 PM
do your job and execute the play called .....no matter what it is or if it is called from the sideline or at the LOS

period

.....and if you listen to Cruz speak in context ...he is talking about the receivers sight adjustments not the coaches adjusting game plans

poppa smurph
11-05-2012, 10:45 PM
do your job and execute the play called .....no matter what it is or if it is called from the sideline or at the LOS

period

.....and if you listen to Cruz speak in context ...he is talking about the receivers sight adjustments not the coaches adjusting game planswith this offensive system, it's difficult to lay blame 100% anywhere's, IMO.
QB's dropping back, facing the play, reading how the coverage is panning out and feeling the pressure in the pocket and boom, ball's gotta come out.
WR's trying to get off the line, reading the CB's coverage, the Safeties coverage and where the LB'ers are going. All this leads to his route, which is what, one of three combinations?
When it works, it's lightning in a bottle..when it doesn't, it's kite with a key in a thunderstorm.
At this point, a little confidence can go a long way.
A little " K.I.S.S. ", never hurt anyone lol.