PDA

View Full Version : Succession planning?

PennState1
11-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Why not bring in Peyton to take over when TC retires? Do we really have anyone on the staff now that we want as the next head coach? They do it with players (Wilson) why no the head coach?

jomo
11-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Why not bring in Peyton to take over when TC retires? Do we really have anyone on the staff now that we want as the next head coach? They do it with players (Wilson) why no the head coach?Penn State1 talking here about succession planning. That's too funny.

PS I am a Nittany Lion so I'm just having some fun, while trying to forget that loss.

RoanokeFan
11-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Why not bring in Peyton to take over when TC retires? Do we really have anyone on the staff now that we want as the next head coach? They do it with players (Wilson) why no the head coach?

That's a question only Jerry Reese and John Mara can answer. But why would Peyton take a demotion?

They don't want to have to develop a head coach

Rudyy
11-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Why not bring in Peyton to take over when TC retires? Do we really have anyone on the staff now that we want as the next head coach? They do it with players (Wilson) why no the head coach?I think I should be the first female head coach because...

Just kidding ,that would be a terrible idea.

Sean Payton says he wants to stick with the Saints.

CDN_G-FAN
11-05-2012, 08:29 PM
we may hire some 'never has been' to coach the giants after tom (which is probably 3 years away), but truth be told i think they'll hire someone with a track record.

this isn't exactly the kind of roster you 'experiment' on with a new HC.

and Payton will have a gig by the time tom leaves.

PennState1
11-06-2012, 12:08 AM
That's a question only Jerry Reese and John Mara can answer. But why would Peyton take a demotion?They don't want to have to develop a head coachTo become the next head coach of the best franchise in the NFL! Our New York Giants!

PennState1
11-06-2012, 12:11 AM
we may hire some 'never has been' to coach the giants after tom (which is probably 3 years away), but truth be told i think they'll hire someone with a track record.this isn't exactly the kind of roster you 'experiment' on with a new HC.and Payton will have a gig by the time tom leaves.I think you are probably right. I'm with you on your 3 year projection for TC unless things don't go well. As long as we keep winning I hope TC stays. Perhaps when Peyton retires Fox comes home to NYC?

njersey
11-06-2012, 12:11 AM
To become the next head coach of the best franchise in the NFL! Our New York Giants!

No way the Giants would hire Payton if he deserts the Saints. That would be a classless move by Payton. We don't like stuff like that.

PennState1
11-06-2012, 12:12 AM
How old is Fox?

njersey
11-06-2012, 12:16 AM
How old is Fox?

Not sure, but I know when I was a kid they weren't around. We used to watch the NFC on CBS.

PennState1
11-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Not sure, but I know when I was a kid they weren't around. We used to watch the NFC on CBS.Dude, not the TV station. The head coach at Denver who was a Giant assistant under Parcells...before your time perhaps?

Toadofsteel
11-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Honestly, unless TC plans to retire this season, he's not going anywhere. We'd have to blow the rest of our games for that to happen. If TC didn't get fired after losing 4 straight, he's got ultimate job security...

Yeah I wish he'd stop making boneheaded decisions like starting Diehl, but I don't really want him gone. Killdrive I want to stop making boneheaded playcalling, but I don't really want him gone either.

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 05:04 AM
The only succession I would like to see is that of Double D from the RT position, Brewer step it up dude!

WhiteKnight93
11-06-2012, 08:27 AM
I think we may already be doing this. Look up QB coach Sean Ryan. The guy has been promoted internally on almost an annual basis; they've gotta love him. Quality control coach, next year WR coach, the next year he's our QB coach. If it weren't for Gilbride he'd be the OC by this time next year.***First post***