PDA

View Full Version : It's a CRIME that David Wilson is buried on the depth chart

NYG4lifeNYK
11-05-2012, 11:11 PM
When you look at what Doug Martin is doing you're going to tell me Wilson wouldn't at least be more productive than Bradshaw.....?

I can't stand this ****ing loyalty bs sometimes with this coaching staff... play the best players and maximize the damn talent.

I would rather us play Wilson and he fumble once every single game than Bradshaw who gets bottled up all the time and stalls the damn offense. At least you know Wilson is GOING to make a difference out there and probably on the scoreboard,

BigBlue1971
11-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Martin was fed to the nfl immediately! hes gets all the reps whereas Wilson is #3 in this offense!

if Wilson could get 12-15 snaps a game he may gain enough confidence to explode! he needs a chance and he'll get it!

TC and Gilbride may be saving him for the stretch run!

Deschi
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Hate to say it, but what exactly has Wilson done for you to be sure (CAPS LOCK SURE :p) that Wilson is going to make a difference... The ability is definitely there, you can see it clearly on kick offs, but does that translate to the backfield for him?

To me, in these situations, I remind myself that the coaches know a lot more then we do about the players, and are making decisions on who to start based on their ability to play and not on "loyalty". Unless there bat-**** crazy, like they are by starting Deihl.

elitocruz
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
agreed. not sure why a week-1 fumble would cost the guy the entire season outside of kick returns. but it happened last year with Cruz. dropped a key 3rd down on opening day. did not play vs. the Rams in week 2. Hixon goes down in that one, so they went to Vic in desperation in week 3 at philly. rest is history.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Put Wilson in and see what he can do. He has EARNED IT. He has made our ST that much more dynamic than in the last decade as far as I am concerned. Let Bradshaw rest until we make the playoffs. TC is being an idiot on this. I dont talk too much smack about him but on this matter TC is DEAD WRONG!!!

Buddy333
11-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Maybe the coaches know something we don't. For instance, maybe he can't protect Eli. Don't say that's stupid. Protecting the team MVP is very important. If he is not good at blocking he will not start over Bradshaw. Maybe, just maybe, he needs more time

GmenFan1980
11-05-2012, 11:34 PM
agreed. not sure why a week-1 fumble would cost the guy the entire season outside of kick returns. but it happened last year with Cruz. dropped a key 3rd down on opening day. did not play vs. the Rams in week 2. Hixon goes down in that one, so they went to Vic in desperation in week 3 at philly. rest is history.

Maybe they are still emotionally shocked when Da'rell scott(you know the last Rb people Viciously wanted to have more carries last year) Fumbled the ball twice on 5 carries.

and now people want a Rb who has known fumbling issues and already has a fumble so early on in his career to get more carries?

based off what, I have no idea.

Cloud57
11-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Maybe they are still emotionally shocked when Da'rell scott(you know the last Rb people Viciously wanted to have more carries last year) Fumbled the ball twice on 5 carries.

and now people want a Rb who has known fumbling issues and already has a fumble so early on in his career to get more carries?

I guess you're happy with Bradshaw's .5 yrd per carry

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Hate to say it, but what exactly has Wilson done for you to be sure (CAPS LOCK SURE :p) that Wilson is going to make a difference... The ability is definitely there, you can see it clearly on kick offs, but does that translate to the backfield for him?

To me, in these situations, I remind myself that the coaches know a lot more then we do about the players, and are making decisions on who to start based on their ability to play and not on "loyalty". Unless there bat-**** crazy, like they are by starting Deihl.

I was willing to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt on Wilson. Maybe they saw a problem that we didn't. But that all went out the window when they started Diehl over Locklear. Aside from the ****ty excuse "You don't lose your job due to injury" (I could point out a couple examples... Kevin Kolb suffered that fate twice on two different teams for one), it's clear as day that our line is WAAAAAAAY better without Diehl. All the credibility in this coaching staff regarding personnel decisions went out the ****ing window when that decision was made.

GmenFan1980
11-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I guess you're happy with Bradshaw's .5 yrd per carry

Where in anywhere in my post do I even mention Bradshaw?

Where in anywhere do I say i'm happy with the Production?

Where is your counter argument?

what has this Rookie shown you saying he deserves more carries?

and to make as worthless as an argument as you, I guess your happy when Rookies fumble and can't pass protect?

I Bleed Blue 56
11-06-2012, 12:03 AM
I cant stand us not using Wilson im sorrybut hes not going to learn that much sitting on the sidelines. I mean not one carry GTFO withthat B.S. Seeing Martin beasting is driving me crazy. TC needs to cut thecrap and play Wilson let him learn the game with game time play.

Moke
11-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Let the guy learn... from his mistakes... Look at doug martin exploding. Give the guy a chance.

GmenFan1980
11-06-2012, 12:18 AM
I cant stand us not using Wilson im sorrybut hes not going to learn that much sitting on the sidelines. I mean not one carry GTFO withthat B.S. Seeing Martin beasting is driving me crazy. TC needs to cut thecrap and play Wilson let him learn the game with game time play.

Brilliant idea! I'm sure once he lets that blitzing LB crush Eli. he will learn how to properly pass protect...

you know what, I don't even hate the idea of letting him get more carries, Hell if he does I want him to play amazing and hope he does. I want him to rush over 100 yards and show he can be our starter for years to come.

but the amount of complaining and whining is just absolutely ridiculous and pisses me off.

Flip Empty
11-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Maybe the coaches know something we don't. For instance, maybe he can't protect Eli. Don't say that's stupid. Protecting the team MVP is very important.
After yesterday, it's very stupid.

http://i.imgur.com/5g82d.jpg

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-06-2012, 01:10 AM
After yesterday, it's very stupid.

http://i.imgur.com/5g82d.jpgIs that a real pic??? Seriously.

njersey
11-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Some very interesting theories in this thread, but until Martin shows he can pick up the blitz and not fumble - in practice - then he is not going to start - in a game. Picking up the blitz is paramount in the current offense.

joemorrisforprez
11-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Maybe the coaches know something we don't. For instance, maybe he can't protect Eli. Don't say that's stupid. Protecting the team MVP is very important. If he is not good at blocking he will not start over Bradshaw. Maybe, just maybe, he needs more time

I'll tell you what, Bradshaw didn't seem too great in pass protection yesterday, either.

I thought Bradshaw was toast a few weeks ago, but then he went for 200+ yards. However, the offensive line was just blowing holes open all game....and now, Bradshaw's banged up.....again. Now, it seems it back to the same old same old....no practice, out of sync, and no burst.

Wilson is a threat to take it to the house....right now, I think defenses realize that Bradshaw can't do that anymore. That's one reason why the Steelers were able to shut down Eli and his receiver's yesterday.....they don't need to worry about getting beat on the ground.

Cloud57
11-06-2012, 01:24 AM
I'll tell you what, Bradshaw didn't seem too great in pass protection yesterday, either.

I thought Bradshaw was toast a few weeks ago, but then he went for 200+ yards. However, the offensive line was just blowing holes open all game....and now, Bradshaw's banged up.....again. Now, it seems it back to the same old same old....no practice, out of sync, and no burst.

Wilson is a threat to take it to the house....right now, I think defenses realize that Bradshaw can't do that anymore. That's one reason why the Steelers were able to shut down Eli and his receiver's yesterday.....they don't need to worry about getting beat on the ground.

not just the Steelers, teams have been doing that for a while. they use that same game plan. our offense is one dimensional so it's easy to defend.

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 01:25 AM
You figure with how the offense was struggling you would see Wilson get chances because he can turn any play into a touchdown

Flip Empty
11-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Is that a real pic??? Seriously.
Yeah it's real. Eli can't believe Diehl got his job back, either.

ALLnygIN
11-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Brilliant idea! I'm sure once he lets that blitzing LB crush Eli. he will learn how to properly pass protect...

you know what, I don't even hate the idea of letting him get more carries, Hell if he does I want him to play amazing and hope he does. I want him to rush over 100 yards and show he can be our starter for years to come.

but the amount of complaining and whining is just absolutely ridiculous and pisses me off.

dude thats garbage.. must not be that big of a concern since we allow deihl to start.

GmenFan1980
11-06-2012, 02:26 AM
dude thats garbage.. must not be that big of a concern since we allow deihl to start.

Whats garbage? the coaching staff has more faith in a Veteran offensive linemen then a rookie RB?

Yeah, that's impossible to comprehend.....

I'm done trying to reason with the Angry Mob. see you guys after we go 6-10 to end the season and the fire Coughlin threads are in full force by then. should be fun to see.

Edit- and before I do go actually, I feel sick comparing two different players under different situations.

miked1958
11-06-2012, 03:37 AM
Martin has the blocking.

joemorrisforprez
11-06-2012, 03:54 AM
I think it's just a matter of time....wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson out there more next week.

It's pretty clear that defenses have scouted out Gilbride's playbook.

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 05:54 AM
Why does this surprise any of you? Just look what happened to Bradshaw, it wasn't until the end of the year that he ended up getting some significant carries and that continued through the playoffs!

stormblue
11-06-2012, 08:53 AM
1st round players are supposed to be groomed into a starting role , regardless of what position.......
otherwise you have foolishly wasted your 1st round pick.

Wilson has the skills to be Tiki-2.0
why deprive Eli of such a weapon.
just having him back there will slow down the pass rush.
they would have to respect that "chip and slip" quick-screen
and the toss and the run.

what a waste of a good late 1st round pick and unique player.

Toadofsteel
11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Whats garbage? the coaching staff has more faith in a Veteran offensive linemen then a rookie RB?

What's garbage is that the coaching staff has faith in the guy that was the absolute worst offensive tackle last season per PFF, when we have someone who has proven himself to be better (and is also a major veteran) waiting in the wings...

ALLnygIN
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM

Yeah, that's impossible to comprehend.....

I'm done trying to reason with the Angry Mob. see you guys after we go 6-10 to end the season and the fire Coughlin threads are in full force by then. should be fun to see.

Edit- and before I do go actually, I feel sick comparing two different players under different situations.

Dude, it was a joke. but since were on the topic, stats and performance don't lie david deihl has been one of the worse pass protecters for quite awhile even before his injury.... Are you really saying he's been play bettr that Locklear? and your point being more trust than a rookie? Deihl is pass protecting worse than a highschool freshman out there. So, no.. I disagree. Now something like starting say will hill over rolle, now that would be ridiculous.

Giantterp
11-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Ridiculous, its only the 9th week of his first season. How are the Giant's wasting things? Don't you think we should let the season play out a bit?

I do think like most long term coaches, TC can be stubborn on making obvious changes. But, let's trust the coaches a bit. The Giant's have a complicated offensive system that relies on players reading the defense and making decisions after the snap. If a player misses the assignment, it increases the likelihood of a sack or turnover.

Obviously, we all think he has some talent, but almost every team has a 4.3/4.4 guys that never sees the field for many reasons. Unless you are at their practices, i don't know how anyone could make these comments from what we see on TV or at the games. He's only played a few snaps.

This being said, I do think we have a good shot of seeing him A LOT late in the season. He does seem to have a lot of talent, so once he gets it he could be a great late season weapon with fresh legs and he could provide the giants with a new wrinkle. Think of Bradshaw in the first Superbowl run!

stormblue
11-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Some very interesting theories in this thread, but until Martin shows he can pick up the blitz and not fumble - in practice - then he is not going to start - in a game. Picking up the blitz is paramount in the current offense.

Martin , is also a rookie and he IS starting ....that's the point / comparrison.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 10:06 AM
The problem is, we have no idea what is going on at practice or in the meeting rooms. Maybe the guy has no idea what the plays are. Maybe he falls asleep during meetings. Maybe he's not working as hard as the coaches think he should be.

The only people that know all the facts about why he is not playing more are the coaches. And after 2 SB victories in 5 years, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this.

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 10:20 AM
When you look at what Doug Martin is doing you're going to tell me Wilson wouldn't at least be more productive than Bradshaw.....? I can't stand this ****ing loyalty bs sometimes with this coaching staff... play the best players and maximize the damn talent. I would rather us play Wilson and he fumble once every single game than Bradshaw who gets bottled up all the time and stalls the damn offense. At least you know Wilson is GOING to make a difference out there and probably on the scoreboard, when I vote today, I am going to write you in for head coach

gumby74
11-06-2012, 10:22 AM
we have a good team. why rush the rookie in? Let him sit and learn.

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 10:23 AM
dude thats garbage.. must not be that big of a concern since we allow deihl to start. How many. sacks did Diehl give up?

ShakeandBake
11-06-2012, 10:54 AM
The problem is, we have no idea what is going on at practice or in the meeting rooms. Maybe the guy has no idea what the plays are. Maybe he falls asleep during meetings. Maybe he's not working as hard as the coaches think he should be.

The only people that know all the facts about why he is not playing more are the coaches. And after 2 SB victories in 5 years, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this.

No man you are just dead wrong. You should be agreeing with this armchair coach OP, Bradshaw sucks, the coaching staff doesn't know what they're doing, and David Wilson will remedy all of our problems in the running game!

jakegibbs
11-06-2012, 11:21 AM
When you look at what Doug Martin is doing you're going to tell me Wilson wouldn't at least be more productive than Bradshaw.....?

I can't stand this ****ing loyalty bs sometimes with this coaching staff... play the best players and maximize the damn talent.

I would rather us play Wilson and he fumble once every single game than Bradshaw who gets bottled up all the time and stalls the damn offense. At least you know Wilson is GOING to make a difference out there and probably on the scoreboard,

Martin was fed to the nfl immediately! hes gets all the reps whereas Wilson is #3 in this offense!

if Wilson could get 12-15 snaps a game he may gain enough confidence to explode! he needs a chance and he'll get it!

I just heard on Big Blue Kickoff Live that until he learns there's more to being a NFL RB than only running he'll remain on the bench. Pass blocking they said was his biggest issue. Guess he never had to pass block in college & can't get the hang of it. Give him a couple of seasons & most likely he'll become an all around NFL RB. Good Grief JR why didn't the NYG organization evaluate that prior to waisting a #1 pick on him. hmmmm........

qndarius3
11-06-2012, 11:30 AM

Based on the fact that hes a 1st round pick, has shown incredible speed and the ability to hit a home run, which currently the offense is struggling to do.
I definitely am on board with wilson seeing some time. we just cant have our top 2 picks plays 10 total offensive snaps when our oline needs long term help.

qndarius3
11-06-2012, 11:34 AM
How many. sacks did Diehl give up?

Roanoake, i usually agree with what you, but Diehl was just plain awful last week. He must have allowed at least 5 pressures, and his man was in Eli's face all day.
He has been done for a few years now, and he hasnt earned his starting role back over locklear.

YATittle1962
11-06-2012, 11:34 AM

totally agree

but the kid deserves some touches

my belief is unless they are sticking with a back who has a hot hand ...(which has not been the case since Brown had a break out game) ....it should be a running back committee to see who gets hot

they are all capable of changing a game

give these guys a shot to shine when Ahmad is struggling a bit

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-06-2012, 11:38 AM
I think it's just a matter of time....wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson out there more next week.

It's pretty clear that defenses have scouted out Gilbride's playbook.You mean they figured out all 3 plays already?????

RagTime Blue
11-06-2012, 11:41 AM

Maybe he tells people he's going to be in the HOF.

I think better line-play is the answer, as I just don't think Wilson is a capable NFL back just yet.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 11:46 AM
totally agree

but the kid deserves some touches

my belief is unless they are sticking with a back who has a hot hand ...(which has not been the case since Brown had a break out game) ....it should be a running back committee to see who gets hot

they are all capable of changing a game

give these guys a shot to shine when Ahmad is struggling a bit

I have to say, that I don't like seeing Martin and Richardson making an impact for their teams while our first round guy gets zero touches. I'm just giving the coaching staff the benfit of the doubt for the time being . . . . .

JesseJames
11-06-2012, 11:46 AM
we probably won't see much of Wilson until TC feels we have no chance at the playoffs {if that happens} and at that time we'll find out how much help he could have been...

stormblue
11-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I just heard on Big Blue Kickoff Live that until he learns there's more to being a NFL RB than only running he'll remain on the bench. Pass blocking they said was his biggest issue. Guess he never had to pass block in college & can't get the hang of it. Give him a couple of seasons & most likely he'll become an all around NFL RB. Good Grief JR why didn't the NYG organization evaluate that prior to waisting a #1 pick on him. hmmmm........

a stupid reasoning mistake on our coaching staff , seeing as 7 of the top 10 premier RB's
in the NFL are also in the top 10 worst rated blocking backs.
that's right , Peterson , and Johnson , and Rice etc are all the worst rated blockers.
it only matters to this coaching staff.
Rice is starting.....Flacco be damned...and so on.

the theory being that an effective running game automatically reduces QB pressure.
what an amazing thought.

ProFootballZone
11-06-2012, 11:50 AM
The Giants have won two Super Bowls within the past 5 years. The Giants know what they're doing. If Wilson was ready to play he would.

Coughlin and the rest of the Giants' coaches still don't completely trust him enough on offense. The Giants don't just throw their draft picks to the wolves. If and Wilson were ready they would play. He clearly isn't comfortable with the playbook and Wilson is a liability in pass protection. The Giants aren't going to have a rookie blocking for a 2-time Super Bowl MVP. Wilson is a liability right now and isn't Doug Martin.

When it comes to Bradshaw his foot was clearly bothering him against the Steelers and it was very telling that Wilson didn't come in to spare him when Brown went out with a shoulder injury.

JesseJames
11-06-2012, 11:52 AM
we don't put Wilson in because TC doesn't trust his blocking and we do put in David Deihl, this theory is full of holes. Diehl is as big a liability as Wilson any day..

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Roanoake, i usually agree with what you, but Diehl was just plain awful last week. He must have allowed at least 5 pressures, and his man was in Eli's face all day. He has been done for a few years now, and he hasnt earned his starting role back over locklear. Here's what I think. I think Locklear is the better player. Here's what I know. I see the players for something less than 60 minutes once a week. The coaches see them all day everyday. I don't know enough to second guess the coaches.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 12:02 PM
a stupid reasoning mistake on our coaching staff , seeing as 7 of the top 10 premier RB's
that's right , Peterson , and Johnson , and Rice etc are all the worst rated blockers.

the theory being that an effective running game automatically reduces QB pressure.
what an amazing thought.

And how many SB's have the Ravens, Titans and Vikings won in the last 5 years?

stormblue
11-06-2012, 12:15 PM
And how many SB's have the Ravens, Titans and Vikings won in the last 5 years?

and how many helmet catches and manningham miracles do you really expect to have happen.

if you are saying that you don't need or want a good running attack to win a SB , then that's a different issue.

but a good running game would certainly not be a hinderance. i submit it would be an asset to Eli.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 12:21 PM
and why is it always 2 SB's in 5 years .
this regime is in its 9th year , not its 5th.
like what, the first 3 years don't count ?

i know ....and you want to be a wild card , not a #1 or #2 seed.,.....and world peace....

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 12:23 PM
and why is always 2 SB's in 5 years .

OK, fair enough. How many SB's have the Titans, Vikings and Ravens won in the last nine years?

nycisgreat
11-06-2012, 12:25 PM

TC is an old school coach that rides his players like old reliable. The thing is when does TC realize the guy he is riding doesn't have it anymore. I wish he could be more flexible with his personnel, but his track record doesn't show otherwise. But I think at some point this season he will realize and correct the problem. He have a good cushion with everyone in our division losing this past week. I am pushing for Locklear and Bradshaw.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 12:27 PM
we don't put Wilson in because TC doesn't trust his blocking and we do put in David Deihl, this theory is full of holes. Diehl is as big a liability as Wilson any day..

None of us have any idea why TC doesn't put Wilson in.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 12:29 PM
OK, fair enough. How many SB's have the Titans, Vikings and Ravens won in the last nine years?

i am missing your point here obviously....
are you saying that we don't want a good running game because it would be a disadvantage toward winning a SB ?
is it wrong to want Passing and Rushing ?

nycsportzfan
11-06-2012, 12:29 PM

based off what, I have no idea.not to mention, the dropped passes and being tackled behind the line.. People act like the fumble was the only bad thing hes done.. Hes done ntohing but bad outside of garbage time TD run..

BeatYale
11-06-2012, 12:32 PM

what an amazing thought.

I think 'bad blocking' isn't the big concern, it's a blown blocking assignment. I'm pretty sure those veteran RB's you mentioned know their teams offense and NFL defenses well enough by now. I think Wilson is riding the pine because he's not progressing well enough on a week to week basis in practice. Who knows really. I wouldn't mind seeing him play at least a whole series in a game for a change.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 12:38 PM
i don't know why you folks are clinging to Bradshaw like a lifeline.
he , and Jacobs were done last year.
it happens.he has lost a step , is no longer elusive.....can't get to edge anymore...so he has to use
his power game now which is constant pressure on his foot injuries.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 12:47 PM
i am missing your point here obviously....
are you saying that we don't want a good running game because it would be a disadvantage toward winning a SB ?
is it wrong to want Passing and Rushing ?

You are saying that TC's reasoning in not playing Wilson because he can't block (if that is even his reasoning at all) is dumb because other teams (the Titans, Vikings and Ravens) play RB's who can't block. So my question to you is how many SB's have those other teams won in the last 9 years?

IamGiantsfan
11-06-2012, 12:55 PM
You are saying that TC's reasoning in not playing Wilson because he can't block (if that is even his reasoning at all) is dumb because other teams (the Titans, Vikings and Ravens) play RB's who can't block. So my question to you is how many SB's have those other teams won in the last 9 years?
That argument is horrible, starting a RB does not mean you won't win a superbowl, that would be like me saying Tom Brady has won 3 superbowls and is a 6th round pick, but Alex Smith and David Caar have won no superbowls so you shouldn't draft qb's in the first round, real life does not work like that, and I'll it you with a 'correlation does not equal cause'

yo-ho
11-06-2012, 01:00 PM

TC wants to make sure he is not going to fumble (Needs to have trust in ball security, I think he learned this from Parcells). Since he has been doing well with that on KO returns, maybe he will get more opportunity in the stretch run. He can be a game breaker with his speed and quickness.

sharick88
11-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I can actually understand both sides of this argument. I am just going to say that you don't draft people in the first round to ride pine. I have always disagreed with the giants' philosophy on that, but it is what it is. The giants are the only team that I know of that does not play rookies unless they have absolutely no choice in the matter. Hakeem Nicks and JPP didn't get their real playing time until it was obvious that the giants had no choice but to play them. I know some of you new to the bandwagon aren't used to this kind of thing. The diehards that have been here are used to this, know this, and have accepted it for what it is.

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 01:03 PM
and why is it always 2 SB's in 5 years .

i know ....and you want to be a wild card , not a #1 or #2 seed.,.....and world peace....

How easy do you think it is to win the Super Bowl?

There are 10 teams that have never won a Super Bowl and another 4 that have never played in a Super Bowl

Minnesota Vikings (0-4) 1970, 1974, 1975, 1977
Buffalo Bills (0-4) consecutively 1991-1994
Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) 1982, 1989
Philadelphia Eagles (0-2) 1981, 2005
San Diego Chargers (0-1) 1995
Atlanta Falcons (0-1) 1999
Tennessee Titans (0-1) 2000
Carolina Panthers (0-1) 2004
Seattle Seahawks (0-1) 2006
Arizona Cardinals (0-1) 2009

There are 4 Teams that have never played in a Super Bowl :

Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars

stormblue
11-06-2012, 01:16 PM
I think 'bad blocking' isn't the big concern, it's a blown blocking assignment. I'm pretty sure those veteran RB's you mentioned know their teams offense and NFL defenses well enough by now. I think Wilson is riding the pine because he's not progressing well enough on a week to week basis in practice. Who knows really. I wouldn't mind seeing him play at least a whole series in a game for a change.

i had not considered the theory of bad blocking vs flat out blown assignments due non-playbook comprehension.
that might be the missing piece to my misunderstanding of the whole Wilson puzzle.
nice observation Harvard.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 01:26 PM
That argument is horrible, starting a RB does not mean you won't win a superbowl, that would be like me saying Tom Brady has won 3 superbowls and is a 6th round pick, but Alex Smith and David Caar have won no superbowls so you shouldn't draft qb's in the first round, real life does not work like that, and I'll it you with a 'correlation does not equal cause'

Obviously my point has eluded you.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 01:29 PM

obviously none....but what does that prove ? ...that having a good running back guarantees not winning a SB ?

didn't "the bus" win a SB mvp ?
was E. Smith not a major part of 3 rings ?

NorwoodBlue
11-06-2012, 01:35 PM
I can actually understand both sides of this argument. I am just going to say that you don't draft people in the first round to ride pine. I have always disagreed with the giants' philosophy on that, but it is what it is. The giants are the only team that I know of that does not play rookies unless they have absolutely no choice in the matter. Hakeem Nicks and JPP didn't get their real playing time until it was obvious that the giants had no choice but to play them. I know some of you new to the bandwagon aren't used to this kind of thing. The diehards that have been here are used to this, know this, and have accepted it for what it is.

TC would have sat Adrian Peterson for his first 10 games if he'd drafted him. I just don't get the attitude. And not playing Brown ahead of Bradshaw is unfathomable. Brown has been far more productive when he's on the field than Bradshaw. It's like someone has decided that we can't play with the new toys until the old ones are worn out. Here's a new flash for you Tommy boy; Bradshaw's worn out!

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 01:37 PM
obviously none....but what does that prove ? ...that having a good running back guarantees not winning a SB ?

didn't "the bus" win a SB mvp ?
was E. Smith not a major part of 3 rings ?

It proves that it is silly for a winning team to do someting (or not do something) just becasue other teams are doing it, especially when those other teams have not had the same recent success as the winning team. It would be like the Yankees doing something just because the Pirates did it.

Mercury
11-06-2012, 01:39 PM
I get so confused. Is not playing your rookie a felony or a misdemeanor? I hope TC doesn't have to do any serious jail time.

giantsforce
11-06-2012, 01:48 PM

It's pretty clear that defenses have scouted out Gilbride's playbook.Not that difficult playbook to scout. It has only 3-4 plays he uses all these years going back when he was Oiler's OC. That's the reason Buddy decked him. Way too many 3 and outs. As I have said it at other times, this Giants team has won SB's despite the coaching staff.

giantsforce
11-06-2012, 01:49 PM
I get so confused. Is not playing your rookie a felony or a misdemeanor? I hope TC doesn't have to do any serious jail time.Nope. Just stupidity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 01:50 PM

There are 10 teams that have never won a Super Bowl and another 4 that have never played in a Super Bowl

Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars

totally off topic and irrelevant 'Noak.

the discussion here is about playing Wilson....the SB thing is only relevant because
a point is being made that our brilliant coaching staff is beyond reproach because they have 2 rings in 5 years.
i merely pointed out that its 9 , and 2 rings does not make them perfect.

giantsforce
11-06-2012, 02:02 PM

Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville JaguarsAnd then again there are teams that have been and have won the SB multiple times. My take is that if not for the 2nd half collapses, we could have been in at least 2 more SB's. I am not saying we would have won, but we could have been there. The problem with Coughlin is that he is not taking control when he needs to. I am not sure how he "addressed" the inability to score in the red zone because we have the same problem since the start of the season. Same thing with the running game. Saying that he will not stand for Bradshaw not practicing and then playing him every game in my mind shows that Coughlin is not sending the right message. He says one thing, and then he does another. It maybe that the execution is problematic, but at the end of the day, he is the one who selects what player will be on the field. If these players do not execute, he needs to either coach them on how to execute or replace them. You do not need to see the tape to know why you cannot score from inside the 10. Run, Run, Pass, FG does not cut it.

joemorrisforprez
11-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I think Gilbride should consider a 2 back set with a combination of Bradshaw, Brown, or Wilson.

For example, line up Bradhsaw and Wilson and then motion Wilson out into a slot with Cruz and Nicks outside..... Bradshaw could stay in to block or else leak out into the flat as an outlet receiver.

Sometimes, the lack of diversity in the gameplan is just frustrating.

Cloud57
11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK84CPOAIxg

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Not that difficult playbook to scout. It has only 3-4 plays he uses all these years going back when he was Oiler's OC. That's the reason Buddy decked him. Way too many 3 and outs. As I have said it at other times, this Giants team has won SB's despite the coaching staff.

Buddy Ryan took a swing at Gilbride because Buddy Ryan is a fat idiot. To imply that Ryan's childish behavior was due to some incompetence on the part of Gilbride is flat-out ignorant. Do you have any idea what the score in the game was at the point that incident happened? Do you have any idea how Gilbride's offense that year compared to the rest of the league?

Funny that the defensive guru of all defensive gurus wasn't able to stop Gilbride's 3 or 4 plays during two SB winning drives . . . . .

You're making a fool of yourself son.

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 03:35 PM
totally off topic and irrelevant 'Noak.

the discussion here is about playing Wilson....the SB thing is only relevant because
a point is being made that our brilliant coaching staff is beyond reproach because they have 2 rings in 5 years.
i merely pointed out that its 9 , and 2 rings does not make them perfect.

You were the one to bring up the Super Bowl

sc_markt
11-06-2012, 03:36 PM

I would also like to see more of Wilson, not because of Bradshaw's production numbers, but because I think Wilson adds a different element to our offense.

Hopefully, Coughlin is over Wilson's fumble and will let him have some more playing time.

TheEnigma
11-06-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK84CPOAIxg

Future top 5 RB for sure. He might not have elite speed but his acceleration seems to catch defenses off guard and he made some impressive cuts behind the LoS on a few of those huge plays.

G-MENBK
11-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Future top 5 RB for sure. He might not have elite speed but his acceleration seems to catch defenses off guard and he made some impressive cuts behind the LoS on a few of those huge plays.

Wilson has that acceleration. And we don't give him a carry. It's mind-boggling.

TheEnigma
11-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Wilson has that acceleration. And we don't give him a carry. It's mind-boggling.

Wilson can be a better prospect from a pure athletic standpoint and this is coming from someone who strongly wanted Martin. He has better speed and acceleration than Martin and has the frame to be just as tough of a runner as well. It truly is mind-boggling on how we don't use this kid more often.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 04:18 PM
You were the one to bring up the Super Bowl

no ....i was not.

it was first brought up by ProFootballZone on page 5 of this thread.
then Gmenagain started throwing it around with his usual "only my opinion matters" attitude.

mine were merely responses to their incorrect , immaterial SB factoids directed at dis-validating my view on the Wilson issue.
all i did was respond to their erroneous points to back my play.
reread from page 5 and all will be clear.

they brought it up not me...
i just stuffed 'em with it.

now i will continue to respect you as a mod
but i am pressing charges against you for false arrest.
now un-cuff me and go out and catch the real killers.

Eliscruzzz
11-06-2012, 04:54 PM
I can actually understand both sides of this argument. I am just going to say that you don't draft people in the first round to ride pine. I have always disagreed with the giants' philosophy on that, but it is what it is. The giants are the only team that I know of that does not play rookies unless they have absolutely no choice in the matter. Hakeem Nicks and JPP didn't get their real playing time until it was obvious that the giants had no choice but to play them. I know some of you new to the bandwagon aren't used to this kind of thing. The diehards that have been here are used to this, know this, and have accepted it for what it is.What does that have anything to do with someone being a diehard or bandwagoner we are all fans? Just because we weren't on the MB since 2002 doesn't mean your more of a fan then someone else. The fact remains people are sick of 1st round picks that can contribute not being able to play cause it is Coughlin's law. I know pass protection is important but Bradshaw hasn't been exactly stellar lately either. How is a rookie supposed to learn if he never gets the chance. Plus RB are said to have a short shelf life in the NFL and your basically taking a year away from this guy. To me Eli is smart enough to get rid of the ball when people give up pressure...let's see what the kid can do. Starting or not starting someone has nothing to do with winning 2 SB in 5 years. Does anyone think that we win the SB without Cruz last year? And why did he get that start?

sharick88
11-06-2012, 05:04 PM
What does that have anything to do with someone being a diehard or bandwagoner we are all fans? Just because we weren't on the MB since 2002 doesn't mean your more of a fan then someone else. The fact remains people are sick of 1st round picks that can contribute not being able to play cause it is Coughlin's law. I know pass protection is important but Bradshaw hasn't been any exactly stellar lately either. How is a rookie supposed to learn if he never gets the chance. Plus RB are said to have short shelf lives in the NFL and your basically taking a year away from this guy. To me Eli is smart enough to get rid of the ball when people give up pressure...let's see what the kid can do. Starting or not someone has nothing to do with winning 2 SB in 5 years. Does anyone think that we win the SB without Cruz last year? And why did he get that start?
Not worried about the timeframe of someone becoming a fan. I become one in 1985. Just a few years after I was born. My point is that I am used to this team not playing rookies unless it has a gun to its head. Any real fan of the giants know exactly how they treat rookie players. There's really no reason to ***** about it when you know exactly how it's going to go down. I hate it too, but what can you do?

Eliscruzzz
11-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Not worried about the timeframe of someone becoming a fan. I become one in 1985. Just a few years after I was born. My point is that I am used to this team not playing rookies unless it has a gun to its head. Any real fan of the giants know exactly how they treat rookie players. There's really no reason to ***** about it when you know exactly how it's going to go down. I hate it too, but what can you do?Exactly why people will always vent cause it won't change with TC fair or not it is what goes on here.

TextureDj
11-06-2012, 05:13 PM
the human tendency to forge their own reality from cherry picked information will never cease to amaze me.

We play rookies. I can think of one that is on the feild consistently from this most recent draft, another that is in a close race for third reciever it seems.

Its not that they dont play rookies, its that you earn your keep on this team, and you better make the most of your opportunities when you get them because until you do, they will be scarce. Wison has dropped the few passes thrown at him, made a few glaring mistakes when running and apparently shows no inclination toward pass protection, though we have to take the staffs word on that last one.

David Wilson has not made the most of his opportunities, on offense anyway, he has done something with his touches on special teams so he has earned a job there. In fact, the coaching staff has given him Randle (another rook)to help with his overanxious decision making on kickoffs. Its not like they are looking for perfection, just performance.

jintsfan666
11-06-2012, 05:20 PM

Ding,ding,ding. Collect your award at the main desk.

jintsfan666
11-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Either Reese screwed up in drafting Wilson first or the coaching staff is screwing up by not playing him.

And in Reese I trust

Cloud57
11-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Either Reese screwed up in drafting Wilson first or the coaching staff is screwing up by not playing him.

And in Reese I trust

good point, if he doesn't play this year they have to admit they wasted a 1st round pick

stormblue
11-06-2012, 05:41 PM
that's not true of the 1st round picks.they are all worked into
the line-up as soon as possible ,
otherwise it's a waste of a pick in today's NFL.

here are our 1st round pics since 2000.
except for injuries which of these did not get significant playing time their first year.

2000 Ron Dayne RB Wisconsin
2001 Will Allen CB Syracuse
2002 Jeremy Shockey TE Miami
2003 William Joseph DT Miami
2004 Phillip Rivers
(traded to San Diego on draft day for ELI MANNING, QB, Mississippi, in a deal that also involved draft picks.) QB NC State
2005 Corey Webster (2nd Round) CB LSU
2006 Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College
2007 Aaron Ross CB Texas
2008 Kenny Phillips S Miami
2009 Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
2010 Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida
2011 Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
2012 David Wilson RB Virginia Tech

there is something wrong here.
i'm starting to wonder if there is a box of rocks factor
here that no-one wants to admit.
i'm just not buying that blocking thing.

TroyArcher
11-06-2012, 05:44 PM
I think TC knows a little bit more about football than anyone on this site. Wilson will get his chance if he is good as you think he is.

CowboysSuck
11-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Troy Archer it is people like you that are the blind followers of the world. Im sure you vote for democrats religiously and wouldnt eat bananas another day in your life if some idiot on FOX News said they were bad for you.

Wilson is sacrificing his body every game on kickoffs and doing a stellar job at that. Why this coaching staff...namely TC refuse to give him a single ****ing carry is beyond me. Seriously, how many carries does he have this year? 8? 9? Is this some sort of sick joke?

JesseJames
11-06-2012, 06:13 PM
None of us have any idea why TC doesn't put Wilson in. yes we do..

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 06:23 PM
yes we do..

How is that? Have you spoken to TC? Are you in the meeting rooms? On the practice field? In the locker room?

BlueSanta
11-06-2012, 06:24 PM

I have agreed with you on a lot of points in this thread. But this 1 I do not. That is your opinion that you are stating as fact.

In truth, you can easily say that TC is just following his typical RB development plan. Look at our recent Rookie backs under TC:

2005: Brandon Jacobs had 38 carries. He did get carries early(short yardage situations only for the entire season) but they slowed after a fumble. He was a kickoff return man briefly before becoming a up man on kickoff returns.

2007: Ahmad Bradshaw had 23 carries during the regular season, the 1st 1 coming in late November. He was our kickoff returner prior to that.

2011: Da'rel Scott had 5 carries, the 1st 1 came in early november. He was our kickoff returner for much of the season.

2012: David Wilson 17 carries so far and 1 reception.Has been kickoff returner.

I certainly agree i think it is time to see him play more. But what we have seen so far is TC's way of doing things. The above numbers show a clear pattern in developing young RBs.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 06:25 PM

here are our 1st round pics since 2000.
except for injuries which of these did not get significant playing time their first year.

2000 Ron Dayne RB Wisconsin
2001 Will Allen CB Syracuse
2002 Jeremy Shockey TE Miami
2003 William Joseph DT Miami
2004 Phillip Rivers
(traded to San Diego on draft day for ELI MANNING, QB, Mississippi, in a deal that also involved draft picks.) QB NC State
2005 Corey Webster (2nd Round) CB LSU
2006 Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College
2007 Aaron Ross CB Texas
2008 Kenny Phillips S Miami
2009 Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
2010 Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida
2011 Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
2012 David Wilson RB Virginia Tech

there is something wrong here.
i'm starting to wonder if there is a box of rocks factor
here that no-one wants to admit.
i'm just not buying that blocking thing.

There is a box of rocks factor . . . you are as dumb as a box of rocks.

CowboysSuck
11-06-2012, 06:31 PM

Do you have you're head that far up your own ***?

Flip Empty
11-06-2012, 06:37 PM
David Wilson has not made the most of his opportunities, on offense anyway, he has done something with his touches on special teams so he has earned a job there. In fact, the coaching staff has given him Randle (another rook)to help with his overanxious decision making on kickoffs. Its not like they are looking for perfection, just performance.
It's hard to make an impact when defenses can tell who's getting the ball simply by seeing them on the field.

sharick88
11-06-2012, 06:52 PM

Not sure why, but I thought this was funny as hell

TextureDj
11-06-2012, 07:15 PM
It's hard to make an impact when defenses can tell who's getting the ball simply by seeing them on the field.I agree that is certainly a factor.. As well as its hard to seize your opportunities on the biggest stage of your life without a chance to get used to said stage, but this is TC's way and has been. I almost think he is looking to see them break through these adversities before he puts them on the field.

GMENAGAIN
11-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Do you have you're head that far up your own ***?

Yes, I have my head up my *** because I don't think that our 2 time SB winning OC is dumb as a box of rocks.

stormblue
11-07-2012, 08:14 AM
I have agreed with you on a lot of points in this thread. But this 1 I do not. That is your opinion that you are stating as fact.

In truth, you can easily say that TC is just following his typical RB development plan. Look at our recent Rookie backs under TC:

2005: Brandon Jacobs had 38 carries. He did get carries early(short yardage situations only for the entire season) but they slowed after a fumble. He was a kickoff return man briefly before becoming a up man on kickoff returns.

2007: Ahmad Bradshaw had 23 carries during the regular season, the 1st 1 coming in late November. He was our kickoff returner prior to that.

2011: Da'rel Scott had 5 carries, the 1st 1 came in early november. He was our kickoff returner for much of the season.

2012: David Wilson 17 carries so far and 1 reception.Has been kickoff returner.

I certainly agree i think it is time to see him play more. But what we have seen so far is TC's way of doing things. The above numbers show a clear pattern in developing young RBs.

you are right about his slowly working running backs in -
but no one you just mentioned was a 1st round pick.
i realize the staff has their reasons but how can you afford to waste
a 1st round pick on a running back that you are not going to use.
what team wastes a 1st round pick on a 3rd string running back.
or a 3rd string anything for that matter.

Flip Empty
11-07-2012, 08:16 AM
1st round kick returner

Redeyejedi
11-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Crime is its a waste of a draft pick. RB's have a short life span if u arent going to play them u shouldnt pick them in the first round. It has different rules then other positions. If u groom a RB for 3 years his career is almost half over

stormblue
11-07-2012, 08:30 AM

LOL you folks see what i mean ?
this guy wastes a post just to attack me personally.
he makes no effort to discuss issues ..to libel me is his only intent.
he is addicted to me. i am in his head . he loses sleep over me.
even though i'm sure stalking is illegal in most states... i guess it's ok here on these boards.

although i must admit his man - crush on me is flattering.......i'm really not worthy.

HA-HA ....10,809 posts now......we are so impressed .......rofl

stormblue
11-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Not sure why, but I thought this was funny as hell

because it IS funny as hell ... he stalks me because i'm not a TC homer and it drives him nuts.
it is absolutely hilarious.

BlueSanta
11-07-2012, 09:23 AM
double post sry

BlueSanta
11-07-2012, 09:26 AM
or a 3rd string anything for that matter.

Well again, the draft is handled by the GM and the player developement is handled by the coach. Our Coach has a very distinct pattern he has used in the past. He has yet to really break from it for any of our young backs. I don't know if i see him caring when he was drafted.

The whole "you have to use 1st round picks now" thing is your opinion. It isnt fact. I certainly would like to see more of him, I just know it will be on TCs timetable, as it was for BJ, as it was for Ahmad, as it was for Da'rel Scott.

nycsportzfan
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
or a 3rd string anything for that matter. Ya, but as much as i love Santaman, its completely diffrent with David Wilson then it was with any other back he mentioned.. I mean, David Wilson was a 1st rd pick for starters, and then u look at what we had at RB when Jacobs was a rookie? Uhh TIKI BARBER anyone???lol What was Brandon Jacobs gonna do, come in as a 4th rd pick, and get 20carries a game over one of the games best RBs?

Then u look at Ahmad Bradshaw.. He had Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward in front of em and was a 7th rd draft pick!!! Jacobs was picked 3rds earlier then Bradshaw and had 2yrs more expierence then him and was ready to take over his rightful spot as starter..

And Darel Scott was another 7th rd pick who had Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs in front of em, with Bradshaw showing he was a stout NFL back, and Jacobs being a force for yrs, who was not about to get jumped by a 7th rd pick outta maryland..

Now fast forward to David Wilson, who was a 1st rd pick, and all he had in front of em is bradshaw really.. I mean, he was actually leap frogged by Anodre Brown.. David Wilson was first in before he fumbled because of his great preseason and fumbled almost immedietly and then dropped a couple passes and Andre Brown stepped in and took his opp by the horns.. Theres no reason for a 1st rd player with just ahmad bradshaw as real comp in front of em to not be at least the 2nd back and to rack up at least 2nd back numbers.. Hes been useless as a draftpick in general, let alone a 1st rder, outside of ST's duty..

Imgrate
11-07-2012, 12:10 PM
David Wilson was a waste of a pick the second we drafted him.

Imgrate
11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Crime is its a waste of a draft pick. RB's have a short life span if u arent going to play them u shouldnt pick them in the first round. It has different rules then other positions. If u groom a RB for 3 years his career is almost half overThis is exactly why I didn't want a first round rb. we wasted a pick on a guy that most likely will only help us for 3 years.

ANON837
11-07-2012, 01:03 PM
I think we all would like to see what the kid can do. He obviously has some skills that can be productive on the field. They could easily work him in the game for a series or two. Get him in space and work the edges. A few packages can be thrown his way to get his feet wet. Speed kills. We saw it with Wallace on Sunday who has another gear that is rarely seen. He doesn't have to start but a dozen snaps per game will get his sea legs under him.

giants8493
11-07-2012, 01:34 PM

If the Giants cared at all about there pass protection then why is Diehl Starting?

GMENAGAIN
11-07-2012, 01:41 PM
This is exactly why I didn't want a first round rb. we wasted a pick on a guy that most likely will only help us for 3 years.

Well the reason why their careers are short is because they take a tremendous pounding carrying the ball. If he's not carrying the ball, then he's not really losing the time off of his career . . . .

Imgrate
11-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Well the reason why their careers are short is because they take a tremendous pounding carrying the ball. If he's not carrying the ball, then he's not really losing the time off of his career . . . .Kick returners take the biggest hits

Cloud57
11-07-2012, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwapuwf35gU

TheShouldersOf
11-07-2012, 04:04 PM
If they played David Wilson it would require them to upgrade their limited amount of Running Plays, and update their Run Blocking,

i've been one of the biggest advocates and supporters of David Wilson since he got drafted,

Dwinsballgames
11-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Kick returners take the biggest hits

yeah but not 25 times in one game

JesseJames
11-07-2012, 06:09 PM
How is that? Have you spoken to TC? Are you in the meeting rooms? On the practice field? In the locker room?
Gilbride was quoted in an article that said Wilson still has a lot to learn about his responsibilities at his position, so please try to contain your sarcasm and try to concentrate on just being a good poster on here by showing your manners...

ELI_HOF_NYG
11-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Gilbride was quoted in an article that said Wilson still has a lot to learn about his responsibilities at his position, so please try to contain your sarcasm and try to concentrate on just being a good poster on here by showing your manners...

lol,,who the heck are you..his mommy? he's entitled to his opinion wether you like it or not,,concentrate on posting something worthwhile.

TheEnigma
11-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Kick returners take the biggest hits

Eh, he's involved maybe in 5-10 plays a game at the most so far this season. At this current rate, I wouldn't say that's enough snaps overall to say his body has lost a season.

CowboysSuck
11-07-2012, 07:45 PM

dont bother with gmenagain. The guy is either 14, or an old ****** with manners comparable to a poor version of donald trump.

Ignore at all costs.

Oh, and yes, David Wilson not playing is ludicrous. If I had an opportunity to verbally assault Coughlin about this, I would.

GMENAGAIN
11-07-2012, 08:21 PM
dont bother with gmenagain. The guy is either 14, or an old ****** with manners comparable to a poor version of donald trump.

Ignore at all costs.

Oh, and yes, David Wilson not playing is ludicrous. If I had an opportunity to verbally assault Coughlin about this, I would.

Mind your own business son.

For a guy who's allegedly in college you seem to have a lot of time on your hands. Shouldn't you be studying or are you back on the H?

GMENAGAIN
11-07-2012, 08:25 PM

Save the lecture Skippy. I am simply reinforcing a point I made in an earlier post, which is that none of us really know why Wilson is not seeing the field. There are many things that go on behind the scenes that we as fans are not privy to.

If there is some problem with him (poor preparation, poor comprehension, poor work habits, etc.) the coaches are unlikely to reveal that to the media. All we know is what we see on the field and the carefully-scrubbed info that the coaches choose to reveal to the media.

Imgrate
11-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Eh, he's involved maybe in 5-10 plays a game at the most so far this season. At this current rate, I wouldn't say that's enough snaps overall to say his body has lost a season.Right. But a year while he is on a cheap rookie contract is being wasted. If you draft a rb, you burn through him so that you get as much as you can out of his rookie contract. The NFL is a meat factory, especially when it comes to running backs. Him not being able to get snaps, for whatever reason, showcases that he is and always has been a wasted pick.

miked1958
11-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Giants just song seem to let rookies do a whole lot.

ALLnygIN
11-08-2012, 03:04 AM
How many. sacks did Diehl give up?

He would have gave up a couple had it not been for eli being forced to through erratically due to diehl allowing pressure. I mean let's be real here. Diehl had is time, he's a liability anymore.

MattMeyerBud
11-08-2012, 07:54 PM

yea well i'd rather us not get eli killed because the kid can't pass block. We're 6-3 and hes a young player with plenty of football left in him.

MattMeyerBud
11-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Save the lecture Skippy. I am simply reinforcing a point I made in an earlier post, which is that none of us really know why Wilson is not seeing the field. There are many things that go on behind the scenes that we as fans are not privy to.

If there is some problem with him (poor preparation, poor comprehension, poor work habits, etc.) the coaches are unlikely to reveal that to the media. All we know is what we see on the field and the carefully-scrubbed info that the coaches choose to reveal to the media.

i actually think its pretty obvious. It was his knock all throughout camp and has been echoed throughout the season - guy isn't at the level he needs to in understanding pass blocking or developing his skill at it. Bradshaw was the same way.

Patience grasshoppa

GMENAGAIN
11-08-2012, 08:37 PM
i actually think its pretty obvious. It was his knock all throughout camp and has been echoed throughout the season - guy isn't at the level he needs to in understanding pass blocking or developing his skill at it. Bradshaw was the same way.

Patience grasshoppa

No, I agree that blocking is most certainly part of it, and maybe it's the only reason he's not playing. Just saying that there may also be other factors that we're not aware of, that's all.