PDA

View Full Version : i think i figured it out...

wrek537emc
11-05-2012, 11:53 PM
ever since we beat the 49ers, the Gmen went into that game like it was the NFC division Championship... since then the entire team has been on cruise control... the D shows up for the 1st qtr... then goes into sleep mode... the offense is still on vacation....

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 11:57 PM
The TC-era Giants don't know how to play ahead. They need their backs to the wall to be effective apparently...

wrek537emc
11-06-2012, 12:00 AM
agreed... no argument there...

appodictic
11-06-2012, 02:31 AM
D has been playing well holding teams to low outputs and scoring turn overs.Giants need to make tds not gf. Tynes is leading team in scoring not good.

miked1958
11-06-2012, 03:36 AM
Actually we again made mostly FGs in that SF game as well

Flip Empty
11-06-2012, 04:02 AM
Actually we again made mostly FGs in that SF game as well
SF are the reverse of the Giants though - they struggle to play from behind.

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Offense needs to get moving and more brown....

Parademon
11-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Tynes is having a great yr,,but TC needs to stop having him try FGs from 50+ yds out, in both the Eagals game & vs Pit, both attempts fell a yd shy of the goalposts. Maybe if the wind is at his back on a windy day, fine, but it's obvious the guy doesn't have the leg strength of a Janokowski.

Also, our O has played 3 top NFL Ds in SF, Dallas 2x & Pit, we beat 2 of em & really shoulda beat Pit but their D just snuffed the O in the 4th qt. They are not # 1-2 in the NFL for nothing ya know.

GCGiant
11-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Parity reigns supreme. There are many good teams. You can look forward to nail-biters just about for the rest of the season. I am hoping for a break next week, but you never know in today's league.

ALLnygIN
11-06-2012, 09:41 AM
I think once eii and the offense gets hot again.. nobody will touch us.. until then it's really just a matter of going back to the basics or something, becuase the offense has been hideous for way to many weeks.

Flip Empty
11-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Also, our O has played 3 top NFL Ds in SF, Dallas 2x & Pit, we beat 2 of em & really shoulda beat Pit but their D just snuffed the O in the 4th qt. They are not # 1-2 in the NFL for nothing ya know.
The Pittsburgh D snuffed the Giants' O all game long, not just the 4th quarter. Same with Dallas.

The Giants' D, as maligned as it is, has been the only thing keeping these games close

Toadofsteel
11-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind it so much at this point if we blew the Bengals game because we played vanilla all day, if that meant we were just focusing on fundamentals...

yo-ho
11-06-2012, 01:09 PM
They need a chip on their shoulder. So after they flounder through this tough second half schedule at maybe 4-4, they will win the NFC east, but will be trashed by the media in the process therefore creating the big chip. In the meantime they will have improved the run defense and run offense, and will be ready to get physical for the playoffs. Of course the by week may help too