PDA

View Full Version : Mara should be throwing money at Payton and Reid

GFiP
11-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Get Killdrive out of here once and for all!

Cloud57
11-05-2012, 11:51 PM
he has the 2 SBs working for him thus he has permanent job security unless he leaves on his own.

Drez
11-05-2012, 11:53 PM
I find it hard to fault play calling when the execution has been so lacking.

ALLnygIN
11-06-2012, 12:37 AM
He knows the offense is struggling.. how bout a short passing game get some rhythm going not this 50 yard bomb **** every other 1st or 3rd and short play.. I mean, when the offense is clicking that **** works, right now it's not. He's gotta stop being so damn predictable also.. A big part of why this offense is struggling is because defenses know what the hell were going to do, bc gilbride never mixes it up. it is always the same predictable game plan offensively he refuses to adapt or improvise. I like Gilbride, and its part players and him.. ultimatley something needs to be done. It's been going on for weeks now.

Drez
11-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Gilbride doesn't decide where Eli throws the ball.

Also, those 50 yard bombs that don't work resulted in nearly 90 penalty yards.

Drez
11-06-2012, 01:33 AM
But, more to the point... If the receivers were getting separation, if Eli had better ball placement, if the OL blocked up plays better, you wouldn't be bemoaning the play calling.

You could have the perfect play called, but if the players aren't executing it properly it's going to look like crap.

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 04:59 AM
It isn't Killdrive that is screwing up the execution...

OX1
11-06-2012, 05:37 AM
It isn't Killdrive that is screwing up the execution...

So when the players can't execute, week after week (for what ever the reason is, injuries,
D's figured us out, apartment flooded all week).

Lets not try to mix up the play calling possibly giving them a chance to execute something the
opposing D may not have seen, over and over, for the past 8 years.

How about giving your players a better chance to execute first.

CDN_G-FAN
11-06-2012, 05:45 AM
you lost ALL credibility when you suggested we fire our coaching staff that has won 2 SBs in the last 5 years, and are leading the division with a 6-3 record, because we lost a 1 possession game to the steelers.

i'm glad you do whatever it is you do and don't have a job with the giants.

something to be thankful for on a tues.

Rudyy
11-06-2012, 05:48 AM
I just want them to adjust. Gilbride has a good gameplan when it's working...

Tommy3rd
11-06-2012, 06:35 AM
you lost ALL credibility when you suggested we fire our coaching staff that has won 2 SBs in the last 5 years, and are leading the division with a 6-3 record, because we lost a 1 possession game to the steelers.
something to be thankful for on a tues.
gilbride and the offense gets a pass in my book. I think the bigger issue is the defense that blew a 23-0 and a 20-10 lead. in theory, the offense only needs a single 3 point field goal to win. it's up to the defense to stop the other team from scoring any points.

Plax2theMAX
11-06-2012, 07:16 AM
We are 6-3, 2.5 games up in the NFC east, coming off of a Super Bowl winning season, and winning 2 of the last 5 Super Bowls and you want to change the formula? You are a moron.

Rat_bastich
11-06-2012, 07:21 AM
We were bound to lose one. Our team went up against one of the top defenses in the NFL and our lack of effort combined with that showed. They need to get back to work and put this one behind them. As bad as the offense played, I'm still more concerned about the defense. Not only was the middle soft but so was the outside. On a positive note, JPP and company at least showed a spark.

They just can't seem to hold teams when it comes to putting a dagger in them. For some reason it looks as if the philosophy changes defensively whent he Giants get up by a small amount.

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Even if I agreed with changing coordinators (I don't) - Payton and Reid will both be in high demand for head coach jobs.

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 07:39 AM

Gilbride who has had one losing season here and engineered 2 Super Bowl wins? That Gilbride?

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 09:11 AM

Did you start this thread from a cage after dining on your own fesces?

brad
11-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Reid... really? If you don't like KG, Reid is worse, the king of the "chuck and duck"!

GameTime
11-06-2012, 09:24 AM

yeah..Reid is the answer...

dumb

sc_markt
11-06-2012, 09:27 AM

Yeah, he only got us two superbowls. What a loser he is... /sarc

GameTime
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Did you start this thread from a cage after dining on your own fesces?

wow.....thats "loud" Bro.......
but I did laugh....:)

stormblue
11-06-2012, 09:33 AM
I find it hard to fault play calling when the execution has been so lacking.

i can bounce a tennis ball off a brick wall 100 times with perfect execution every time.
but , even with my limited mental capacity i would still probably ascertain the failure to move even one brick.

brad
11-06-2012, 09:35 AM
i can bounce a tennis ball off a brick wall 100 times with perfect execution every time.
but , even with my limited mental capacity i would still probably ascertain the failure to move even one brick.

LOL, love this one... may have to steal it every once in a while!