PDA

View Full Version : really sick of you btadshaw haterz...

appodictic
11-06-2012, 01:37 AM
So I notice there is few major bradshaw haters here.

They constantly harp on how Andre brown hits the holes harder , has better vision, and all these other improvable facts. But the fact of the matter is against the steelers brown had 7 rushes for 20 yards. Bradshaw had a much better ypc average. This is the second or third time brown has had 5 or more rushes and not even done as well as bradshaw and here is the sad thing. Typically 2nd string running backs have a better ypc average since the first running back wears down the d. Think Jacobs and ward , ward had great ypc average.....

Face it , brown had two decent games against two trash teams. Since then he has not done anything spectacular. He's not better then bradshaw.

Toadofsteel
11-06-2012, 01:43 AM
I don't consider myself a bradshaw hater, but the guy is just not a 100% every down back. He's the Incredible Hulk of running backs... when he's angry, you just can't stop him. But he can't be hulked out 100% of the time. Eventually his feet wear out, and unless TC rests him, the problem just gets worse. I'm still not saying Brown is any better, but we need to save bradshaw for the most important games. I don't think it's a coincidence that after being off for 2 weeks, Bradshaw posted a career performance vs the Browns, and another impressive performance vs the 49ers. He had a chance to rest up those feet.

appodictic
11-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Tiki said it best, "in a two back system I would never have had a big game because you do not get enough carries"

First off Eli manning audibles out of every run play. Second series of the game was bradshaw for 5 , bradshaw for 4, third and one incomplete pass! Wtf . We are like the only team in the world that regularly passes on third and 1.

Toadofsteel
11-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Tiki said it best, "in a two back system I would never have had a big game because you do not get enough carries"

First off Eli manning audibles out of every run play. Second series of the game was bradshaw for 5 , bradshaw for 4, third and one incomplete pass! Wtf . We are like the only team in the world that regularly passes on third and 1.

I didn't say anything about wanting to force a 2-back system. If Bradshaw could play healthy 100% of the time, I would be all for him carrying 100% of the running game. But he CANT STAY HEALTHY. What part of those three words don't you understand?

zimonami
11-06-2012, 02:00 AM

That's one of the legendary attributes of our Giants. We try so hard to be unpredictable that we become incredibly predictable. Like the deep draw on 3rd and 7 or 8 when we're deep in our own territory. Yeah, we'll catch them napping. When was the last time Eli tried to dive over the line on 3rd and 1? Forever. Sometimes I think if he called a QB draw he'd go for 15 yards.

Flip Empty
11-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Once again, if you're critical of any aspect of the team, you're branded a "hater".
I don't get it.

appodictic
11-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Once again, if you're critical of any aspect of the team, you're branded a "hater".
I don't get it. no I am being critical that every week there is two new sick of bradshaw threads.

zimonami
11-06-2012, 02:25 AM
no I am being critical that every week there is two new sick of bradshaw threads.
I leave it to the coaches to decide who is best out there. Like TC, I think Bradshaw gives his very best on every play, and i appreciate his effort.
Brown has younger legs and healthy feet. Wilson will get his due, in time.
When the blitz is coming, it's Bradshaw I trust to make the block that gives Eli a chance.
After the Bye, AB will ready for the stretch run.

Rusty192
11-06-2012, 03:00 AM
Who's B. Tadshaw?

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 05:58 AM
It's their opinion and this is a good place to express it. I think it is more frustration Bradshaw is not 100% and Wilson can be dynamic!

titwio
11-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Who's B. Tadshaw?

I think you know damn well who he is. He invented the Nike rival sneaker "Sike".

titwio
11-06-2012, 06:47 AM

They constantly harp on how Andre brown hits the holes harder , has better vision, and all these other improvable facts. But the fact of the matter is against the steelers brown had 7 rushes for 20 yards. Bradshaw had a much better ypc average. This is the second or third time brown has had 5 or more rushes and not even done as well as bradshaw and here is the sad thing. Typically 2nd string running backs have a better ypc average since the first running back wears down the d. Think Jacobs and ward , ward had great ypc average.....

Face it , brown had two decent games against two trash teams. Since then he has not done anything spectacular. He's not better then Bradshaw.

I agree too much blame is being put on Bradshaw who is actually one of the few Giants players who's playing with his heart and soul and it shows. People here just really want to see Brown because they think he'll run every week like he did against the Panthers...not the way it works. If the Giants can throw the ball like they're capable of then everything else should even out...the run game, the play action etc... Teams are aware of how the Giants ran against the 49ers and the Browns and are going to try to stuff the run before anything.

Rat_bastich
11-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Really? Bradshaw didn't even have 1 more yard per carry than Brown(he had .3 yards...which is what..1 foot). Not only that you cannot compare the backs when one had 15 carries as compared to 7 carries. But, if you want to go that route...Brown had a touchdown and Bradshaw didn't....which was a 1 yard carry that brought his yards per carry down but meant alot more than filler yardage.

And, Brown appeared to hit the holes/and LoS alot harder than Bradshaw did.

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 08:36 AM

Face it , brown had two decent games against two trash teams. Since then he has not done anything spectacular. He's not better then bradshaw.

Fans who prefer one player's performance over another are not haters. They have their opinions just like you do. I think Brown has the potential to carry the load if that's required and when you watch both of them play, Brown just seems to have a better vision and certainly has more patience to wait for his blocking to create creases.

Not helping Bradshaw are his feet and his inability to practice with the rest of the team except for one day each week. In Sunday's game, he missed a block that resulted in Eli getting sacked. Ahmad gives it all he has, no question, but they need to share more of the load with Brown and involve Wilson as well.

We all want the team to win.

BlueSanta
11-06-2012, 08:50 AM
I love me Bradshaw, he has been a staple of this team for years and helped us win 2 rings. But, anyone who watches the game can see he isn't running with the same speed and quickness he used to. Just 2 years ago he led the league for much of the season in runs over 20 yards. Right now, he could not duplicate that stat.

He still has value to this team for sure. But I see no valid reason that when he is struggling we shouldnt give some other guys carries. At this point I think it is loyalty to the point of fault. I would say the same thing regarding Deihl to an even bigger degree.

It isnt about "hating" Bradshaw to me. It is about helping us win games by doing what is best for the team.

appodictic
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Fans who prefer one player's performance over another are not haters. They have their opinions just like you do. I think Brown has the potential to carry the load if that's required and when you watch both of them play, Brown just seems to have a better vision and certainly has more patience to wait for his blocking to create creases.

Not helping Bradshaw are his feet and his inability to practice with the rest of the team except for one day each week. In Sunday's game, he missed a block that resulted in Eli getting sacked. Ahmad gives it all he has, no question, but they need to share more of the load with Brown and involve Wilson as well.

We all want the team to win. as for brown this patients and vision did nothing against the steelers. Because the problem is not the backs at all. but right now we have two threads in the forum called "sick of bradshaw."
Wilson should be more involved but we barely run the ball enough for one running back.

44#1
11-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Brown is injury prone. He wouldn't last 3 games with 15-20 touches each game. Bradshaw and Wilson. The Giants have been running the same run plays for the last 7 years. Teams know what they are doing. It's time to change the playbook.

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Brown is injury prone. He wouldn't last 3 games with 15-20 touches each game. Bradshaw and Wilson. The Giants have been running the same run plays for the last 7 years. Teams know what they are doing. It's time to change the playbook. What makes Brown injury prone?

ShakeandBake
11-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Really? Bradshaw didn't even have 1 more yard per carry than Brown(he had .3 yards...which is what..1 foot). Not only that you cannot compare the backs when one had 15 carries as compared to 7 carries. But, if you want to go that route...Brown had a touchdown and Bradshaw didn't....which was a 1 yard carry that brought his yards per carry down but meant alot more than filler yardage.

And, Brown appeared to hit the holes/and LoS alot harder than Bradshaw did.

1.Right, after Bradshaw did all of the work
2.You should take a trip to the optometrist

dezzzR
11-06-2012, 11:18 AM

We all want the team to win.This

Roosevelt
11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
That's one of the legendary attributes of our Giants. We try so hard to be unpredictable that we become incredibly predictable. Like the deep draw on 3rd and 7 or 8 when we're deep in our own territory. Yeah, we'll catch them napping. When was the last time Eli tried to dive over the line on 3rd and 1? Forever. Sometimes I think if he called a QB draw he'd go for 15 yards.

No doubt Zim. Defenses know the Giants would never do a designed run play for him. There's simply no threat of it.

And let's face it, while he may be a bit dorky, he can still run.

Roosevelt
11-06-2012, 11:27 AM

No doubt. I appreciate Bradshaw but while I was re-watching the game last night, I'm thinking we need more Brown and less Bradshaw.

ryan12
11-06-2012, 11:36 AM
your tired of the haters and im tired of bradshaw he is nothing more then a possible 3rd down back because he is good in blitz pick up's but i said it after the first cowboys game HE IS DONE

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
No doubt. I appreciate Bradshaw but while I was re-watching the game last night, I'm thinking we need more Brown and less Bradshaw. +1

zimonami
11-06-2012, 12:14 PM
your tired of the haters and im tired of bradshaw he is nothing more then a possible 3rd down back because he is good in blitz pick up's but i said it after the first cowboys game HE IS DONE

Perhaps you're right. This is his 6th season and his feet have always been a problem. I'm not even sure he is our best answer on 3rd down, if the RB doesn't have blitz assignment and is going out for a pass/screen, whatever. I do know AB's toughness is without question, as is his effort, determination, and heart. It's those kind of attributes that commands a bit more loyalty from TC. Like when, as a rookie in the Buffalo snow game in 2007, he came into the huddle and told them he could break a big one... and he did, and saved the victory.
But, he is breaking down and we'll see more of Brown and Wilson... I think starting this week we'll see them more. After the Bye and a 2 week rest for him, I expect they'll ride AB's horse for a few more games. Hopefully Brown and Wilson can come near to matching AB's desire.

ryan12
11-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Perhaps you're right. This is his 6th season and his feet have always been a problem. I'm not even sure he is our best answer on 3rd down, if the RB doesn't have blitz assignment and is going out for a pass/screen, whatever. I do know AB's toughness is without question, as is his effort, determination, and heart. It's those kind of attributes that commands a bit more loyalty from TC. Like when, as a rookie in the Buffalo snow game in 2007, he came into the huddle and told them he could break a big one... and he did, and saved the victory.
But, he is breaking down and we'll see more of Brown and Wilson... I think starting this week we'll see them more. After the Bye and a 2 week rest for him, I expect they'll ride AB's horse for a few more games. Hopefully Brown and Wilson can come near to matching AB's desire.

ab has been a warrior but he is beat up and we need to start getting wilson involved in our O. brown should be starter sprinkled with ab and wilson. how long is tc gonna punnish wilson for his problems in beg of season

yo-ho
11-06-2012, 12:29 PM
IMO, Bradshaw is not a versatile as Brown. Of course the versatility doesn't mean a thing if they don't throw to the backs out of the backfield. We used to get so much production out of Tiki with little dump offs and screens. Now it seems like Eli or Gilbride is too hell bent on throwing down-field, even on 3rd and one when other options have a greater odds of success. Bradshaw has not been consistent, and many times does not follow his blocking and is too eager to free lance and get caught in the backfield or for no gain. Carl banks on many occasions has said he needs to follow his blocking. He has been doing better with that lately. However Brown had two excellent games before he got hurt, He deserves more touches than he is getting.

BeatYale
11-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Who's B. Tadshaw?

He's the guy who sits next to Btown and Wtlson.

DownWitJPP
11-06-2012, 01:39 PM
your tired of us hating on him, but we are tire of him dancing in the backfield instead of getting north and south. Bradshaw's got the heart of a lion, but I don't think his body is able to withstand the season anymore. Teams know we can't run the ball effectively right now and it's hurting our passing game.

I think we aren't seeing that much Wilson because Bradshaw may get the axe after this season and they want to keep him health. Also learn to pass protect better

TheShouldersOf
11-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Bradshaw can hardly walk,let alone run, his pass protection diminished, and did anyone else see that play where Bradshaw got completely taken out on a block? i mean flattened

Brown is not the answer Either, a short down yard back at best, he is not a premier back, he had a big game against Carolina because they were defending the pass and leaving the Run open, after that he has diminished, Eagles Game? last Game?

7 Carries for 20 yards, Wilson had 7 Carries for 35 Yards in the final minutes of the 49'ers game,

Someone mentioned above the lack of Run plays the Giants have, indeed i concur, in order to not only get the Run game going, but get Wilson involved is to evolve the Blocking/Run Schemes, Stretch Plays, Traps, Counters, Off Tackles, Outside Runs Etc

sc_markt
11-06-2012, 03:38 PM

Bradshaw is still very good IMO. I think all three of them (Bradshaw, Brown, and Wilson) are really good. I hope that the Giants use all three of them more often in games.

FlyingTruck
11-06-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't hate Bradshaw. But you have to admit that he isn't 100% and it hurts the team. Then on top of that the coaches don't split the carries more. Bradshaw always does fine after he has a few games of rest, but he gets spent too fast after that.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 04:43 PM
it's not hatred for Bradshaw.
it's just more love for Brown and Wilson.

uhhuhyup
11-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Bradshaw makes every run as hard as possible, I rewatched the steelers game and he ran into defenders while they were being blocked and knocked himself over on several occasions.

I swear sometimes that guy runs with his eyes closed or something because one play he makes the right cut,and the next play he slams into the back of the Olinemen. Dont tell me he hasn' lost speed with injuries over the last season and half, you NEVER see him run away from people.

My opinion is that Brown would get more yards with the carries that Bradshaw is getting and they should switch roles. (Just like Locklear should be starting RT)

Wally Pipp/Lou Gehrig... probably not, but you never know unless you try.

G-MENBK
11-06-2012, 05:46 PM
it's not hatred for Bradshaw.
it's just more love for Brown and Wilson.

It's not even that. Bradshaw can get half the carries, with the other half being split between Brown and Wilson.

joemorrisforprez
11-06-2012, 05:52 PM

I think I fall into this category.

I'll admit that I've been very critical of Bradshaw, and sometimes overly so. I really thought he was shot, and then he proved me wrong by rushnig for 200 yards.

However, I think there is a big difference between a rested, 100% Bradshaw and what we just witnessed against the Steeler.

I dont' hate Bradshaw at all.....I thought a few years back that he deseves more carries than Jacobs.

However, I'm critical of Gilbride's overuse of Bradshaw. I think he should be rested. Wilson, Brown, and Bradshaw are all able to play on the same day.....I don't see any reason why the Giants can't switch gears and see how things go with Brown and/or Wilson getting the majority of reps.....if things aren't going well, it's not like Bradshaw is being nailed to the bench.

I get that people are concerned about pass protection with Eli. But honestly, Bradshaw might be slipping there too, because of his injuries. I'd rather have a 100% Brown in there blocking than an injured Bradshaw.

And Eli doesn't take alot of sacks because he can tell when the blitz is coming on. He is not prone to the blindside sack like many other QBs....he has a great sense of when to get rid of the ball.

He's shown that since he was a rookie....I remember watching Kurt Warner get murdered, and then suddenly, the sacks dropped like a stone when Eli took over.

Bottom line is I think Gilbride is an overprotective mom.....let's see what our #1 draft choice can do on a simple ****nig handoff.....we aren't asking for Wilson to split the ****ing atom, but that's how some people react whenever we talk about givnig him a chance in the backfield.

Last week marked the 3rd consecutive week that Bradshaw was limited/unable to practice....and it didn't surprise me that the running game struggled for the 3rd week.

I don't think it is insane to give more opportunities to running backs that are healthy and able to participate in practice with their offensive line. It seems reasonable to me.

(sorry for the typos.....pretty busy at the office).