PDA

View Full Version : It's like we never lost

dayeh33
11-06-2012, 03:17 AM
All 4 teams took a hit in the loss column in our division which means nobody gained any ground. Actually we gained some sort of lead since our opponent was in the AFC and the rest were NFC. Im pretty confident in them to still win the division by at least 2-3 games

miked1958
11-06-2012, 03:32 AM
When you think about it prob 9 wins is all that's needed to take the NFCE again just like last season. As of now Dallas and Philly would need 6-2 records to do it. Washington has to go 6-1. They play each other too many times in second half so they will all cancel each other out. Not going to happen. None of them reach 9 wins. We on the other hand need just 3 wins in 7 games. 3-4 gets us to 9-7. 4-3 gets us to 10-6. If we can get two of the wins vs our div opponents then that should just about eliminate them

joemorrisforprez
11-06-2012, 03:46 AM
When you think about it prob 9 wins is all that's needed to take the NFCE again just like last season. As of now Dallas and Philly would need 6-2 records to do it. Washington has to go 6-1. They play each other too many times in second half so they will all cancel each other out. Not going to happen. None of them reach 9 wins. We on the other hand need just 3 wins in 7 games. 3-4 gets us to 9-7. 4-3 gets us to 10-6. If we can get two of the wins vs our div opponents then that should just about eliminate them

Next week becomes a really big game.....win that game, and the Giants are guaranteed to be 2 games in front after the bye....that's pretty huge.

Not to mention, I really don't want to be on this board if the Giants are on a 2 game losing streak.....might need to put the place on lockdown.

titwio
11-06-2012, 03:48 AM
Next week becomes a really big game.....win that game, and the Giants are guaranteed to be 2 games in front after the bye....that's pretty huge.

Then enter Falcons, Ravens, Packers and the Saints....The rest of the NFC East's schedule is nothing like that. The Giants have their work cut out for them. It's still going to come down the wire I fear.

joemorrisforprez
11-06-2012, 04:00 AM
Then enter Falcons, Ravens, Packers and the Saints....The rest of the NFC East's schedule is nothing like that. The Giants have their work cut out for them. It's still going to come down the wire I fear.

True, but like Miked mentioned, our NFC East rivals have alot of games against eachother....they'll be picking eachother off a bit. 4 more wins will get the Giants the division.

If the Giants hit their natural stride (meaning, play up to their roster's talent) they should be fine.

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 05:52 AM
We were lucky!

Toadofsteel
11-06-2012, 08:51 AM

Not to mention, I really don't want to be on this board if the Giants are on a 2 game losing streak.....might need to put the place on lockdown.

Next week definitely IS huge. We need that win just so we can go into the bye with a win.

Other than that, @WAS is winnable if we just contain RG3 better than we did (we need Rivers and Williams active to be honest), and NO is winnable since we have them at home for once in december (not their strong suit).

stormblue
11-06-2012, 09:02 AM
we lost a game we should have won and severely reduced our
chances at a 1st round bye.

Toadofsteel
11-06-2012, 09:04 AM
we lost a game we should have won and severely reduced our
chances at a 1st round bye.

We never win with a 1st round bye, why would we want it?

stormblue
11-06-2012, 09:17 AM
We never win with a 1st round bye, why would we want it?

ONCE....is not never.
and preferring to play in the wild card round as opposed
to having an automatic advance to the second round is less than stellar reasoning.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
ONCE....is not never.
to having an automatic advance to the second round is less than stellar reasoning.

and that once was against Philly.....who have owned us since their inception.

B-Red22
11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
ONCE....is not never.

nobody wants the first round bye anymore anyway, we just need to focus on making it to the playoffs period

GCGiant
11-06-2012, 09:35 AM
We were lucky, but would have been better off with a win...obviously.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 09:38 AM
and furthermore let the record show that the Giants have entered
the playoffs as a wild card 10 times ....only twice did they make the SB as a wild card.
2 - 8 is not good odds.
get it yet ? , let me make it simple for you - - -wild card = FAIL ..8 out of 10 times

going in with a bye we are 3-2 at making the SB.

so what's better 2 out of 10 , ....or 3 of 5.
i think a pre-schooler could get that right.

this " i'd rather be a wild-card " is just stupid voodoo "
and i guarantee owners ,coaches and players have higher aspirations.

brad
11-06-2012, 09:42 AM
It's a tough schedule coming up, making this next game more important than it normally would be. They need this win for moral and to pad their lead.

I think it is time to stop building the bridge and go ALL IN!

gumby74
11-06-2012, 10:15 AM
True, but like Miked mentioned, our NFC East rivals have alot of games against eachother....they'll be picking eachother off a bit. 4 more wins will get the Giants the division.

If the Giants hit their natural stride (meaning, play up to their roster's talent) they should be fine. our natural stride is to play like crap the second half the season, but then kick it in high enough gear to squeak into the playoffs with our tails between our legs.

GameTime
11-06-2012, 10:25 AM
the problem isn't the loss vs the Steelers the problem is the way they have been playing the last few weeks.....

they have to get theior **** together on all sides of the ball.....

BigBlue wins
11-06-2012, 10:44 AM
I just hope this game wakes up the offense...man oh man....

repeatchamps
11-06-2012, 10:51 AM
the playoffs as a wild card 10 times ....only twice did they make the SB as a wild card.
2 - 8 is not good odds.
get it yet ? , let me make it simple for you - - -wild card = FAIL ..8 out of 10 times

Throwing up playoff win-loss stats the bulk of which were from 1984-2001 is not really relevant in today's NFL and doesn't make your point legitimate.

1986Bavaro
11-06-2012, 10:56 AM
All 4 teams took a hit in the loss column in our division which means nobody gained any ground. Actually we gained some sort of lead since our opponent was in the AFC and the rest were NFC. Im pretty confident in them to still win the division by at least 2-3 games

Not true. Playoff ranking matters. We currently are the 4th seed and would play the Packers in the first round. I know a LOT will change but wins equal better playoff seeding.

FrankAE
11-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Defense hasn't stopped ahh, no wait they did, they stopped playing. Offense is using all 3rd string players now, oh wait no, the 1st team just sucks. But don'y worry we can always put our hopes in TC, Fewell and Gilly because well at least at one time or another they showed to be great at what they do. To bad the last time it happened was in Feb and Eli seemed like he stopped playing hung over and I'm in my mind Gilbird is trying to set a record for least amount of ball movement.

To quote Mark from nfl am, " I'm just saying" - no never mind scratch that, no **** your saying it it's a segment of you talking. Who comes up with this ****. And your your at it will you smack that silly grin off the hosts face, and tell E.D. I said e.d. is also known to be limp now keep your racists opinions to your self. All you guys need to just sit up there and talk Giants football and stop wasting time with the other clowns

stormblue
11-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Throwing up playoff win-loss stats the bulk of which were from 1984-2001 is not really relevant in today's NFL and doesn't make your point legitimate.

so the only stats that matter are from 2007 'til 2012 ?
just because they fit the voodoo.
my facts are perfectly valid.
this current 6 seed tournament started 1990...
so just since then.....15 of the 22 SB winners have been #1 or #2 seeds.
the fact that the Raiders , Giants (twice) , Packers and Steelers have done it
doesn't make it a winning probability.they were the anomalies that solidify the norm.

it has only happened 5 times.

the odds are way against it. period.

BuffyBlueII
11-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Next week definitely IS huge. We need that win just so we can go into the bye with a win.

Other than that, @WAS is winnable if we just contain RG3 better than we did (we need Rivers and Williams active to be honest), and NO is winnable since we have them at home for once in december (not their strong suit).

I am confident we will contain Bobby Gee better the next game. It is already showing that as more is out there on him and defenses know him better that he is being figured out.

BuffyBlueII
11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
2 - 8 is not good odds.

I want to win the division but not have a first round bye just like we did last season. I think this particular team plays better without the week off.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 12:05 PM
well , we have a bye in 2 weeks.....maybe Minnesota , Seattle or The Titans would consider
playing us that week so that we don't get rusty , or heal injuries.
those 3 teams all have a bye the same week ....maybe they think that way too.

repeatchamps
11-06-2012, 12:15 PM
so the only stats that matter are from 2007 'til 2012 ?
just because they fit the voodoo.
my facts are perfectly valid.
this current 6 seed tournament started 1990...
so just since then.....15 of the 22 SB winners have been #1 or #2 seeds.
the fact that the Raiders , Giants (twice) , Packers and Steelers have done it
doesn't make it a winning probability.they were the anomalies that solidify the norm.

it has only happened 5 times.

the odds are way against it. period.

How can you compare that era to this era? The game is dramatically different and unrecognizable to what it was. Just because the format has been in place for both eras doesn't mean it is a valid argument in today's NFL that it is better to have the 1 or 2 seeds. Giants twice and the Steelers and Packers have won the majority of the Super Bowls of late as a wildcard and that is the reality of today's NFL. Until the one and two seeds again start winning Super Bowls consistently again, you can't say one way is better than the other in today's NFL. You can add in the 2006 Colts by the way as they had no Bye but won a Super Bowl that year. It goes like this since 2005:

2005 Steelers Wild Card wins Super Bowl
2006 Colts no bye, wins Super Bowl
2007 Giants Wild Card wins Super Bowl
2010 Packers Wild Card wins Super Bowl
2011 Giants no bye wins Super Bowl

So only 2 of the last 7 Super Bowl winners had a bye. This is today's NFL reality and anything happening prior to this is becoming more and more invalid based on how the game is evolving.

nycsportzfan
11-06-2012, 03:16 PM
bottom line is we gotta beat cincy.. I feel thats a winnable game, and with teams like Batl, ATL, GB, and even up ticking NO, its tough sledding the rest of the way.. I win next week would be freaking huge in my opinion... I actually think we air it out and crush em this week, but we shall see.. I kinda see a 30-16 type win..

GiantRoc
11-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Making the playoffs is what counts. The way you make the playoffs is by playing better than the other teams in the division. So far we are barely doing that. After you make the playoffs, you have to win games. You do that by playing sound football. Something we have not done over the past few weeks. It doesn't matter who we play in the playoffs or when we play them. We have to beat whoever it is, to advance. We have shown we can play great against top teams and horrible against bad teams. Seeding doesn't mean a thing if we play our best ball.

BillTheGreek
11-06-2012, 06:05 PM

True.................But we can't keep blowing or Leads !!!!!!!!!!

Antwuan
11-06-2012, 06:19 PM

True!

The rest of our NFC East opponents still haven't played each other yet which is also good news for the Giants, Somebody has to lose.