PDA

View Full Version : chase blackburn. best giants line backer by far

appodictic
11-06-2012, 10:04 AM
After Chase went out whitten decimated the giants. Boley who everyone claims is so much faster the blackburn continued getting abused by heath miller. One week Chase got a lot of Crap for missing some tackles but Herzlick was far worse, he was out of position and the steelers ran the ball right down our throats, Herzlick was no where to be found washed up in the flow or swallowed up by larger linemen never to be seen again.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Chase is better than Bolely now?

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-06-2012, 10:11 AM
When is Chase expected to return?

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 10:14 AM
v
After Chase went out whitten decimated the giants. Boley who everyone claims is so much faster the blackburn continued getting abused by heath miller. One week Chase got a lot of Crap for missing some tackles but Herzlick was far worse, he was out of position and the steelers ran the ball right down our throats, Herzlick was no where to be found washed up in the flow or swallowed up by larger linemen never to be seen again. Did someone whizz in your Cheerios this morning?

Flip Empty
11-06-2012, 10:30 AM
"Witten"

"Herzlich"

...if that helps.

Atomic1
11-06-2012, 10:51 AM
When Boley and Blackburn are on the field together it is Blackburn who makes the Defensive calls and sets up the defense.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 10:56 AM
When Boley and Blackburn are on the field together it is Blackburn who makes the Defensive calls and sets up the defense.

So he sets up the defense that has for the most part sucked this season????

ShakeandBake
11-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Best MLB on the team? Arguably. Best linebacker in general? I don't think so. Boley is leaps and bounds better than Blackburn.

Toadofsteel
11-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Boley, Rivers, Williams, and Kiwi are all better linebackers than Chase. But Chase is the best we have at this point for Inside linebacker. (I can't call it "MLB" because every time I see that term I think Major League Baseball...)

Atomic1
11-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Look at the Giants record with Blackburn and without. I'm not saying he is better than Boley but as a unit without Blackburn on the field this Defense REALLY struggles.

Marvelousmik
11-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Boley, Rivers, Williams, and Kiwi are all better linebackers than Chase. But Chase is the best we have at this point for Inside linebacker. (I can't call it "MLB" because every time I see that term I think Major League Baseball...)

not kiwi

BParcells777
11-06-2012, 12:19 PM
he is our heart soul and coach on the field...........we will suffer until he returns

As for the O..........I havent a clue........its an 11 man collapse

I'l re-insert Locklear, bring back Petrus, and move Boothe to center

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 12:25 PM
not kiwi
Blackburn is better than Kiwi?

nycisgreat
11-06-2012, 12:33 PM
After Chase went out whitten decimated the giants. Boley who everyone claims is so much faster the blackburn continued getting abused by heath miller. One week Chase got a lot of Crap for missing some tackles but Herzlick was far worse, he was out of position and the steelers ran the ball right down our throats, Herzlick was no where to be found washed up in the flow or swallowed up by larger linemen never to be seen again.

I am a hugh Blackburn supporter. He has been the best this season with stabilizing our defense. I think Boley is our best LB. Chase is a good signal caller and plays really smart.

nycisgreat
11-06-2012, 12:34 PM
he is our heart soul and coach on the field...........we will suffer until he returns

As for the O..........I havent a clue........its an 11 man collapse

I'l re-insert Locklear, bring back Petrus, and move Boothe to center

Honestly, I think it would equally tough on our defense if either Boley or Chase isn't playing.

yo-ho
11-06-2012, 12:40 PM
The team made a run last year with Chase Blackburn shoring up the middle. This should tell you something

timmytimm3
11-06-2012, 12:43 PM
"Witten"

"Herzlich"

...if that helps.

WHITTEN

http://data.whicdn.com/images/2191536/tumblr_kraxmhn4nr1qzz3tno1_500_thumb.jpg

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 12:50 PM
I am a hugh Blackburn supporter. He has been the best this season with stabilizing our defense. I think Boley is our best LB. Chase is a good signal caller and plays really smart.

If our defense has sucked this year as most of us believe, then why would you give Chase any credit for being the defensive signal caller?

Atomic1
11-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't think the defense has "sucked ". I think they have played their cards close to their vest and overcome some big injuries. I think you will see some REAL DEFENSE later in the season. Frankly if the OFFENSE hadn't sucked and had kicked the FG vs. Philly AND at the half vs. Pitts. then the Giants would be 8-1 . I'm not blaming Tynes , I'm calling out Gillbride for the play-callling in those spots .

Tbonenc
11-06-2012, 01:18 PM

Love Kiwi, but he is a terrible linebacker. Can't cover and can't contain.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Love Kiwi, but he is a terrible linebacker. Can't cover and can't contain.

You have no idea what you are talking about. His position rarely even requires him to cover and he most certainly can contain.

Marvelousmik
11-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Blackburn is better than Kiwi?

kiwi has 16 tackles in 9 games. Just because he can play 2 positions it doesnt mean he is good at both.

GiantRoc
11-06-2012, 04:15 PM

Witten had 16 catches. Are you saying he got all those after Blackburn went out? Watch the game again. That wasn't the case. In fact make sure you see how many times Herzlich was on the field on a lot of those catches. I like Chase. I root for all of guys to play great. He is just not a top LB in this league. If he was, he would have been picked up last year after we cut him. He is the better of the 2 MLBs we have on the team, mostly because of experience. How about giving some of your undying love to Herzlich for a couple weeks. Give him a chance to learn the game.

FlyingTruck
11-06-2012, 04:17 PM
1. Boley. 2. Chase. Don't go overboard.

Mistanihan
11-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Mark's first game starting and signal calling out there. Give the dude a break, thats a tough team to play linebacker against.

Sarcasman
11-06-2012, 08:00 PM
The fact that this is even a thread title is sad but damning of our LB quality.

Eliscruzzz
11-06-2012, 08:04 PM
He is not the best LB I think the best line-up we could have when healthy is Michael Boley, J-will, Keith Rivers.

WhiteKnight93
11-06-2012, 08:10 PM
After Chase went out whitten decimated the giants. Boley who everyone claims is so much faster the blackburn continued getting abused by heath miller. One week Chase got a lot of Crap for missing some tackles but Herzlick was far worse, he was out of position and the steelers ran the ball right down our throats, Herzlick was no where to be found washed up in the flow or swallowed up by larger linemen never to be seen again. You may not get a ton of support on here my friend but the man is a true Giant to me, and I credit a lot of 2007 to him specifically. He's a warrior... The man rescued us from Greg Jones, but really he provided a spark to our D when we needed it most, saved our season in 07' and helped us slay the dragon.Hence the name.Hence the name.

ShakeandBake
11-06-2012, 08:11 PM
He is not the best LB I think the best line-up we could have when healthy is Michael Boley, J-will, Keith Rivers.

lol I agree but when is keith rivers ever healthy?

Eliscruzzz
11-06-2012, 08:15 PM
lol I agree but when is keith rivers ever healthy?Hey there's nothing wrong with wishful thinking right.

BigJ
11-06-2012, 08:50 PM
The problem is we havnt valued the Linebacker position in a long time.... What's the reason we don't ever consider a LB in the higher rounds? I guess we just feel like our other positions are more important but we do have Kiwi at LB who was a first round pick as an End..... Why not try to actually get a real backer and let him play END haha. And we got a bunch of 6th picks and undrafted guys out there. We have been calling for a linebacker for years now and the fans never get what they are looking for. It really hurts the run. As iv said in another post. Look at a pick to get last year. Bruce Carter we picked Marvin Austin who's a bum and we already picked Linval the year before in the Second. We obviously need a change at LB but we always do so I don't see it happening anytime soon

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Sorry, I just don't see how Blackburn is better than Boley.

BigJ
11-06-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't even think Boely is that good, he is just better then all the other Backers. He gets killed by every tightend in the league the guy isn't that good our other guys are just that bad haha

stormblue
11-07-2012, 07:54 AM
even if Blackburn is the best LB on the team (which he isn't)
that's not saying very much seeing as how
we don't have a LB that would start on any other team.
at least among those that actually play.
none of them can cover , tackle or get off a block with any consistency.
i won't even bother going to PFF and look it up....i already know.

i don't have an opinion on J Will or Rivers cuz they
seem to live in the M*A*S*H tent huggin' Hoolahan.

Redeyejedi
11-07-2012, 08:11 AM
After Chase went out whitten decimated the giants. Boley who everyone claims is so much faster the blackburn continued getting abused by heath miller. One week Chase got a lot of Crap for missing some tackles but Herzlick was far worse, he was out of position and the steelers ran the ball right down our throats, Herzlick was no where to be found washed up in the flow or swallowed up by larger linemen never to be seen again.so because he is better then Herzlich and I do agree with that makes him the best Giant LB. Giants Middle Linebackers are all terrible

GMENAGAIN
11-07-2012, 10:26 AM
so because he is better then Herzlich and I do agree with that makes him the best Giant LB. Giants Middle Linebackers are all terrible
+1

GameTime
11-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Sorry, I just don't see how Blackburn is better than Boley.

as an MLB he is better because I think he gets the D set up right. I dont think Boley handles that as well as Chase. As a OLB....Boley def better...

Marvelousmik
11-07-2012, 10:30 AM
as an MLB he is better because I think he gets the D set up right. I dont think Boley handles that as well as Chase. As a OLB....Boley def better...

boley is just better period. I dont think he did a bad job when he had to call the plays and get guys in position last year

GameTime
11-07-2012, 10:33 AM
boley is just better period. I dont think he did a bad job when he had to call the plays and get guys in position last year
Not a bad job but it seems from the teams perspective they like having Chase back there calling the D. IMO he is better at it.....no biggie. The LBs as a group are average at best anyway no matter what the line up......

GMENAGAIN
11-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Not a bad job but it seems from the teams perspective they like having Chase back there calling the D. IMO he is better at it.....no biggie. The LBs as a group are average at best anyway no matter what the line up......

But if the defense is not playing well and Chase is the one responsible for calling the D, how can we be sure that he is doing a good job?

GameTime
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
But if the defense is not playing well and Chase is the one responsible for calling the D, how can we be sure that he is doing a good job?
getting the D lined up and then executing is two different things. I am not relieveing Chase of any resposiblity. He blows at times right along with the rest of them. But its just my opnion that he is an over all better MLB for the Giants then Boley is......

Marvelousmik
11-07-2012, 11:22 AM
i dont know man. i feel boley is one of the better line backers in this league.

GameTime
11-07-2012, 11:29 AM

cool....

stormblue
11-07-2012, 11:43 AM
the Giants do not have an OLB ranked in the top 30. KIWI is 31st , Boley is 39th. both with minus ratings.
MLB or ILB(3-4 defenses) Blackburn is ranked 47th out of 51 , with a rating of minus-13.5

and i know stats aren't everything.....but.....

BParcells777
11-07-2012, 12:11 PM
the Giants do not have an OLB ranked in the top 30. KIWI is 31st , Boley is 39th. both with minus ratings.
MLB or ILB(3-4 defenses) Blackburn is ranked 47th out of 51 , with a rating of minus-13.5

and i know stats aren't everything.....but..... maybe that is because we have the leagues best front 4.........the LBers do not see the bll carrier enough

GameTime
11-07-2012, 12:22 PM
maybe that is because we have the leagues best front 4.........the LBers do not see the bll carrier enough

they are the best fron 4??.....or the "should" be the front four...

BigJ
11-07-2012, 01:37 PM
maybe that is because we have the leagues best front 4.........the LBers do not see the bll carrier enough
Then why do running backs run all over us?? Because we have the best front 4 or because our LBs don't get a chance to see them haha?

BigJ
11-07-2012, 01:46 PM

Not even close.

Tmurda1984
11-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Anyone who says that Rivers is better than Blackburn, should have their accounts banned. I almost forget that Rivers is even a Giant. Is Rivers ok...Im sure he was suffering from PTSD last sunday after seeing that black and gold....That hit Hines Ward put on him has to be running through his mind. This guy is soft and trash, the Bengals gave this bum up willingly and didnt want anything in return because they knew he was worthless.

GMENAGAIN
11-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Anyone who says that Rivers is better than Blackburn, should have their accounts banned. I almost forget that Rivers is even a Giant. Is Rivers ok...Im sure he was suffering from PTSD last sunday after seeing that black and gold....That hit Hines Ward put on him has to be running through his mind. This guy is soft and trash, the Bengals gave this bum up willingly and didnt want anything in return because they knew he was worthless.

Are you saying that he's soft because he gets injured a lot or that he [;ays soft when he's on the field?

BlueSanta
11-07-2012, 09:21 PM

That simply has not been the case this year.

AntB
11-08-2012, 03:40 AM
This Blackburn or Boley argument is silly unless you think Boley can do the job at MLB. Last season the team was not the same when either was out. This year we have more depth at OLB because our young guys have more experience and look like they are much improved and much more capable. Still if we are to make a
play- off and Super Bowl run we obviously need Boley healthy. We have no answer at MLB without Chase. Maybe with experience Herzlich can become a MLB but it seems like he might not have enough power. Maybe if Chase is still out we give Paysinger a shot next time then take it from there. Questions made about Kiwi's coverage-I don't know. I think he's filling the role that they want. Against the run he might obviously be formidable at MLB but who know's about the coverage.

appodictic
11-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Lol did you see him trying to keep up with heath miller you would think he was chasing Cruz.

BigJ
11-09-2012, 01:03 AM
To tell u the truth the organization just really doesn't value the position like they useto. I for once wish the would just pick up a backer in the top 3 rounds of the draft like many fans on this board have called for for years. Many guys the fans have been wanting in the past couple years during the draft hoping the Giants would pick up in the second and 3rd round have gone on to be very good players in this league, a lot better them the guys we have. Just go for a guy in the second or 3rd round. Even free agency they don't look, last pick up was Keith Bullocks like come on Really??

Redeyejedi
11-09-2012, 08:16 AM
I wonder what Manti Teo would do in the middle of this defense. Its not going to happen for many reasons but I would love to see the impact it would have. That guy is a leader. Would really hel;p the run defense. I bet he ends up on a 3-4 team maybe even the Jets

jakegibbs
11-09-2012, 08:52 AM

How dare anyone put Rivers in the conversation. Didn't you listen to TC press conference yesterday. He's not happy at all with Rivers. He's a one year wonder for the NYFGs. Book it.

GMENAGAIN
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
How dare anyone put Rivers in the conversation. Didn't you listen to TC press conference yesterday. He's not happy at all with Rivers. He's a one year wonder for the NYFGs. Book it.

Didn't hear the press conference. What did TC say about Rivers?

Imgrate
11-09-2012, 12:59 PM
To tell u the truth the organization just really doesn't value the position like they useto. I for once wish the would just pick up a backer in the top 3 rounds of the draft like many fans on this board have called for for years. Many guys the fans have been wanting in the past couple years during the draft hoping the Giants would pick up in the second and 3rd round have gone on to be very good players in this league, a lot better them the guys we have. Just go for a guy in the second or 3rd round. Even free agency they don't look, last pick up was Keith Bullocks like come on Really?? two words. Clint sintim

BigJ
11-09-2012, 04:34 PM
two words. Clint sintim
Ohh wow haha ur completly right. I feel that was a stupid move though, the guy at best is a 34 outside backer. He wasn't ment for a 34. If healthy I bet he could have played better Dend for us. But I'm talkin about an actual 43 backer. Sintim was drafted so high by a team he doesn't fit on...... And was always hurt.

Imgrate
11-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Ohh wow haha ur completly right. I feel that was a stupid move though, the guy at best is a 34 outside backer. He wasn't ment for a 34. If healthy I bet he could have played better Dend for us. But I'm talkin about an actual 43 backer. Sintim was drafted so high by a team he doesn't fit on...... And was always hurt.When he wasn't hurt he played extremely soft. Especially for a guy that big.

BigJ
11-09-2012, 08:04 PM
When he wasn't hurt he played extremely soft. Especially for a guy that big.
Yea sorry I thought I put that. I just wish we can get a real 43 backer in one of those rounds. Not a Dend/OSLB forced into a 43 system when he's built for a 34. Iv been waitin a while for a good backer and I guess ill keep waitin

Tmurda1984
11-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Sintim's problem was that he had no natural instincts at all. Playing linebacker in the NFL, you can't be indecisive or hesitant. Sintim was never comfortable and didnt know what to do all there, if Sintim had a freelancer personality he might of made it. Lavar Arrington was always confused as a Redskin, but he was an aggressive freelancer that got lucky occasionally. If Arrington was as hesitant as Sintim, Arrington would of been out of the league 2 years in.

jakegibbs
11-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Chase is better than Bolely now?

I think what he's saying is Chase the most important LB the Giants have would have been a better way of phrasing it; & with Chase being named the Captain of the Defense as Eli is of the offense then ask yourself the same question about Eli.
Is Eli the best offensive player the Giants have? Maybe not the best but certantly the most important. hmmmmm................