PDA

View Full Version : 1st Half MVPs and Goats

UDOWNWJPP
11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Offense MVP - Victor Cruz, he has been the most consistent and still is giving us a big lift with his game changing plays
Defense MVP - Jason Pierre Paul , he has been tremendous. Such a great player, this was close with Stevie Brown who has been another great pick up for us

Offense Goat - Hakeem Nicks, his inability to stay on the field has really hurt our versatility
Defense Goat - the linebackers, none of them have performed as well as we thought they would. This must be addressed via free agency or draft next year

jaygoon
11-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Goat means Greatest Of All Time.

UDOWNWJPP
11-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Goat means Greatest Of All Time.

Yes it does. I didn't mean it this way for this thread. I meant the player that has really been disappointing so far.

MTH716
11-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Obviously Eli and Cruz are at the top of the list. But Tynes definitely deserves some recognition (he's scoring pts so it's offensive for me). He's been fantastic all year.

I really don't think there's a goat, but I just have a couple of thoughts. Bennett for some drops, Barden for the push off against the Birds. But mainly Gilbride (not picking on the gu cause I think his record speaks for itself), just for not switching things up when things are not working or starting to stall. For example, how about coming out in the no huddle once in a while. What about putting 5 wr's on the field? Maybe use Barden a little more (especially if Nicks is banged up). Like I said I'm not knocking the guy, just a few ideas.

Defensively: Forget Javon Kerse, JPP is the real Freak, he's amazing. Stevie Brown and Will Hill (before the suspension) have been nice suprises. I also think that Antrell Rolle has played very well.

I wouldn't say GOAT, but Prince has been a disappointment for me so far. They need guys at corner to step up. He was much heralded as a first round pick, he needs to start playing like one and stop giving so much damn cushion to these recievers.

Toadofsteel
11-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Stevie has to be our defensive MVP. JPP is doing great and all, but he's not duplicating his successes of last year as of yet. Stevie is the boy wonder from out of nowhere now... I mean, he has what? 12 interceptions in 4 starts?

ryan12
11-06-2012, 01:52 PM
cruz mvp
stevie brown mvp

dissapoint
diehl
webster

Rat_bastich
11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
For disappointment I would like to go with units.

Defense: The whole defense. They are hot and cold, but mostly cold. Coverage has been mediocre at best and pressure is lacking. Of course, I always harp on the middle and it is still a major weakness. I think it falls on the coach for not seeming to have the correct counter called and the players for not being in the correct place. It seems time and time again that if the Giants' offense gets a small lead, the defense automatically goes into some sort of non-aggressive-read-and-react-prevent defense. Still seems to be a lack of any discipline.

Offense: Running Backs and Offensive Line. The line has been off and on...much like the defense but I think it's a combination of the line and backs contributing to both of them being horrid. The O-line isn't getting any push and the backs seem to lack vision and awareness to find the tiny creases that do pop up.

Kudos

Cruz- The guy, even though he has had his drops, is still productive and has been a strength.

JPP- Still seems to be motivated and looks like he tries to win games singlehandedly. I know he hit an emotional wall earlier in the season saying that it hasn't been fun, but I think the sky is still the limit for him.

TheShouldersOf
11-06-2012, 02:29 PM
No way Cruz is MVP, No Way

Rat_bastich
11-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Right now I wouldn't give anyone a MVP. Collectively they have been bad. Now, kudos on the other hand...

Rusty192
11-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Right now I wouldn't give anyone a MVP. Collectively they have been bad. Now, kudos on the other hand...Right. Cruz has been money at times and helped win that redskins game. but he still is a part of our offensive ineptitude.

TroyArcher
11-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Obviously Eli and Cruz are at the top of the list. But Tynes definitely deserves some recognition (he's scoring pts so it's offensive for me). He's been fantastic all year.

I really don't think there's a goat, but I just have a couple of thoughts. Bennett for some drops, Barden for the push off against the Birds. But mainly Gilbride (not picking on the gu cause I think his record speaks for itself), just for not switching things up when things are not working or starting to stall. For example, how about coming out in the no huddle once in a while. What about putting 5 wr's on the field? Maybe use Barden a little more (especially if Nicks is banged up). Like I said I'm not knocking the guy, just a few ideas.

Defensively: Forget Javon Kerse, JPP is the real Freak, he's amazing. Stevie Brown and Will Hill (before the suspension) have been nice suprises. I also think that Antrell Rolle has played very well.

I wouldn't say GOAT, but Prince has been a disappointment for me so far. They need guys at corner to step up. He was much heralded as a first round pick, he needs to start playing like one and stop giving so much damn cushion to these recievers.

Tynes has been good but I wish his he had more touchbacks on kickoffs. He also has had two big misses (they were long but surely makeable) that accounted for two losses - Philly for sure and most likely the Steelers.

nhpgiantsfan
11-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Tynes has been good but I wish his he had more touchbacks on kickoffs. He also has had two big misses (they were long but surely makeable) that accounted for two losses - Philly for sure and most likely the Steelers.

Can't knock Tynes for the misses. His leg is what it is. We all know over 50 yards he probably can't hit it. He had no business being sent out there in Philly.. Tynes has been very accurate, but if TC wants to start sending his kicker out for 54 yard FGs, then he needs to find a new kicker because Tynes can't do it.

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 08:07 PM
They have a ton more work to do, all of them!