PDA

View Full Version : PFF stat on Sean Locklear and David Diehl

drewz
11-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF (https://twitter.com/PFF) Sean Locklear hadn't given up a sack in 542 snaps this season. Took David Diehl 54 snaps to surrender one Sunday.

drewz
11-06-2012, 12:41 PM
gonna be interesting to see the final grade on him

TheAnalyst
11-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I thought he gave up both sacks? The forced funble was his side right? That counts too. He was slow off the snap. Locklear is CLEARLY a better tackle then DD right now. Coughlin better recognize this.

hadenough
11-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I thought he gave up both sacks? The forced funble was his side right? That counts too. He was slow off the snap. Locklear is CLEARLY a better tackle then DD right now. Coughlin better recognize this.

Yeah...this should change immeidately

Ladder27
11-06-2012, 01:15 PM

That Sack was all Bradshaw standing in one place watch the replay. I'm not a DD fan anymore, but that was all on Bradshaw. The guy was outside of DD and Bradshaw didn't see him to pick him up cuz his back was turned.

DaKraken
11-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Have totally been waiting (checked yesterday I know too early) for Sunday's PFF grade on DD. One thing I did notice - he didn't show up in their article "Had a Bad Day" Team for Sunday where they identify the worst performers at each position. Scary to think there were two tackles that received worse grades. Ditto for Mark Herzlich at LB - not mentioned.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/06/pff-had-a-bad-day-team-of-week-9/

As said I always errr on respecting the coaches and front office decisions given the information they have is so much more in depth that any fan out there, but this move of reinstalling Diehl just is a head-scratcher.

NorwoodBlue
11-06-2012, 01:23 PM
That Sack was all Bradshaw standing in one place watch the replay. I'm not a DD fan anymore, but that was all on Bradshaw. The guy was outside of DD and Bradshaw didn't see him to pick him up cuz his back was turned.

Bradshaw's pass protection in this game was horrible. He's a problem and TC doesn't seem willing to fix it.

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF (https://twitter.com/PFF) Sean Locklear hadn't given up a sack in 542 snaps this season. Took David Diehl 54 snaps to surrender one Sunday.

I'm not so sure that was Diehl's fault. Bradshaw had gotten himself turned around and missed the defender after he got by Diehl. It may well have been Bradshaw's responsibility. We'll know when they put the game stats out.

ChupacabraSmith
11-06-2012, 01:30 PM
I literally saw the Steelers realize that our RT needed help so they countered by sending an extra guy at us so Diehl can be 1 on 1. That is pathetic by the Giants' coaching staff. We paid Sean to come here and be a backup yet he's outplaying the starter on all levels. Defensive coordinators are loving our OL right now.

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 01:31 PM
I literally saw the Steelers realize that our RT needed help so they countered by sending an extra guy at us so Diehl can be 1 on 1. That is pathetic by the Giants' coaching staff. We paid Sean to come here and be a backup yet he's outplaying the starter on all levels. Defensive coordinators are loving our OL right now.

You saw all of that, did you?

Mercury
11-06-2012, 01:35 PM
David Deihl is the scapegoat here. He did badly when we needed to put together the game winning drive. However, there was a lot of bad play by a lot of Giants this past game.

Even though it contributed to a loss, with all that DD has done for the giants, he deserved a chance to start again. Since he did not play better than Locklear, I think Locklear will start from here on out. I think our coaches will recognize our line played better with DD at heavy TE, not at tackle.

BigBlue wins
11-06-2012, 01:36 PM
The fumble on Eli was due to Diehl sucking.

qndarius3
11-06-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm not so sure that was Diehl's fault. Bradshaw had gotten himself turned around and missed the defender after he got by Diehl. It may well have been Bradshaw's responsibility. We'll know when they put the game stats out.

Cmon Man (Keyshawn Voice). Diehl was a great late round find for us and has been good for many years and I am grateful that he was able to switch positions along the line and provide veteran leadership.

Enough defending him. Its time to let go. His PFF grade last year graded him out as one of the worst OT in the entire NFL. He wasnt playing well before he got injured, and he certainly isnt playing well after his injury. Not that locklear is the savior, but hes certainly better than what were getting from DD

ibbill
11-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Off the Edge

The best pass rusher on the field was outside linebacker Lamarr Woodley, who had his way with Giants right tackle David Diehl. Woodley did his best work in the fourth quarter as he beat Diehl off the edge for two hurries before making one of the biggest plays of the game with 3:45 to go. With the Giants down four, and a national TV audience all but expecting more magic from Eli Manning, Woodley beat Diehl off the edge once again, this time knocking the ball from Manning’s hands to force a fumble. Though the Giants fell on the loose ball, it turned out to be their last offensive play of the day as Woodley put a damper on any late-game heroics.

No player made more of an impact as a pass rusher than Lamarr Woodley, who picked up four pressures on his 15 rushes, including the strip sack that thwarted any comeback attempt.

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Off the Edge

The best pass rusher on the field was outside linebacker Lamarr Woodley, who had his way with Giants right tackle David Diehl. Woodley did his best work in the fourth quarter as he beat Diehl off the edge for two hurries before making one of the biggest plays of the game with 3:45 to go. With the Giants down four, and a national TV audience all but expecting more magic from Eli Manning, Woodley beat Diehl off the edge once again, this time knocking the ball from Manning’s hands to force a fumble. Though the Giants fell on the loose ball, it turned out to be their last offensive play of the day as Woodley put a damper on any late-game heroics.

No player made more of an impact as a pass rusher than Lamarr Woodley, who picked up four pressures on his 15 rushes, including the strip sack that thwarted any comeback attempt.

I still want to see his grade

stormblue
11-06-2012, 02:22 PM
PFF has him in the red @ minus - 2 for the game.
but PFF is my only subscription.....other periodicals may have been kinder.
but that's just stats.....what we saw out there was exactly what we saw out there.
we don't need stats to high-lite it.

TheEnigma
11-06-2012, 02:25 PM
PFF has him in the red @ minus - 2 for the game.

Considering he finished last season with a -48 grade, that's actually an improvement for him LOL. Woodley generated 4 total pressures on 15 pass rushes which is way too many allowed for such a low amount of pass rushing snaps.

Rat_bastich
11-06-2012, 02:36 PM

I thought so too. I remember seeing on two consecutive plays the front of his jersey facing the camera. The camera view of course was behind Eli. They had Diehl turned completely around.

Toadofsteel
11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
David Deihl is the scapegoat here. He did badly when we needed to put together the game winning drive. However, there was a lot of bad play by a lot of Giants this past game.

Even though it contributed to a loss, with all that DD has done for the giants, he deserved a chance to start again. Since he did not play better than Locklear, I think Locklear will start from here on out. I think our coaches will recognize our line played better with DD at heavy TE, not at tackle.

With all that DD has done for the Giants, he belongs in our ring of honor, NOT our offensive line...

GameTime
11-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Off the Edge

wasnt a national game and the whole team except Weatherford and Tynes sucked...

thegiantsrule10
11-06-2012, 03:02 PM
locklear 2012

moosedrool
11-06-2012, 03:28 PM
They only mention DD was bad at the end of the game. Watch the Giants last first half possession.

DD false start
Woodley blows by DD with ease TWICE

TC open your eyes and stop skirting the issue like you did in the post game news conference

sharick88
11-06-2012, 04:06 PM
It doesn't take person with a degree to know that david diehl is garbage. he should be riding pine.

sharick88
11-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Considering he finished last season with a -48 grade, that's actually an improvement for him LOL. Woodley generated 4 total pressures on 15 pass rushes which is way too many allowed for such a low amount of pass rushing snaps.

LMAO.........

SackingMyths
11-06-2012, 05:05 PM
wasnt a national game and the whole team except Weatherford and Tynes sucked...

It was the only 4 0'clock game that CBS had, with the other 2 games carried by Fox. I guess that constitutes a "Nationally televised game"

Disagree on Weatherford, though. Lost in his TD-saving tackle on Sanders was that he kicked a line-drive right to him that set up the return to begin with. He had some good and some bad, like most of the team IMO

BlueSanta
11-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Those of you saying that the 1 sack was on Bradshaw are making 1 mistake, you are acting as if there wast consisitent pressure all game from the guy lined up over Deihl. Remember, this Steelers defense is 1 of the worst in the league at getting after the QB and they were consistently in Eli's face with pressure coming PARTICULARLY from left side of the defense(diehl's side) So while that one sack was a question mark as to who is at fault, the overal performance of Deihl is certainly not in doubt, Deihl consistently surrendered the most pressure of any of our Olineman. That pressure translated into Eli being uncomfortable and getting rid of the ball prematurely.

DVision
11-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Eli was pressured much more than he has recently and it was all from the right side of the line. Diehl was getting pushed back on a consistent basis and the Steelers haven't even been a good pash rushing team this season! It makes absolutely no sense to me as to why you make a change mid season of something that is working. Locklear had been having a very good season thus far and has done nothing to get benched!

The same goes with Bradshaw! In the Dallas game Brown ripped of 7 yards an attempt yet we only gave him 3 measly attempts. He hits the hole and gets to the second level while Bradshaw constantly stops his feet at the line of scrimmage.

DJ Ware must have passed on those compromising pictures of Coughlin to Diehl and Bradshaw when he left!!

BParcells777
11-06-2012, 05:47 PM

LOL Never.........he will never back up unless you call for his head

TroyArcher
11-06-2012, 05:47 PM

Elihas had time, I put more blame on the WR's on passes and the OL on running plays.

BParcells777
11-06-2012, 06:31 PM
I think Eli is nursing a concussion or something in his shoulder

sharick88
11-06-2012, 06:54 PM
I don't need a PFF stat to know that Diehl is a bum. He's either getting a key penalty or getting punked by some OLB or DE.

moosedrool
11-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't need a PFF stat to know that Diehl is a bum. He's either getting a key penalty or getting punked by some OLB or DE.

Nobody needs the PFF stat for Diehl. But it does quantify how bad he is compared to every other OT in the league.

GameTime
11-06-2012, 07:41 PM
he may be finished as a starter but have some respect for a TRUE GIANTS player....
grow up....

sharick88
11-06-2012, 08:06 PM
he may be finished as a starter but have some respect for a TRUE GIANTS player....
grow up....

Why should I respect him? He isn't my father or in my chain of command. Woodley respected him so much that he owned him in crunch time.This is a message board and my opinion of him is that he sux as a RT, period. I stand by my opinion. If you want to jock ride Diehl because he's a "true giant", that's your perrogative. Just like it's mine to think that he sux.

CowboysSuck
11-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Diehl is an undersized fatass who belongs in AA. Hes not an NFL linemean by any stretch of the word.

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Double D is like a revolving door, they need to put Locklear back in and get Brewer moving along....

moosedrool
11-06-2012, 09:48 PM
If you want to jock ride Diehl because he's a "true giant", that's your perrogative.

LMAO

GameTime
11-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Why should I respect him? He isn't my father or in my chain of command. Woodley respected him so much that he owned him in crunch time.This is a message board and my opinion of him is that he sux as a RT, period. I stand by my opinion. If you want to jock ride Diehl because he's a "true giant", that's your perrogative. Just like it's mine to think that he sux.
...I am not jock riding him I am just saying to have a respect for a true Giants player.
Saying he is done as a RT starter is dif from calling him a bum.....

sharick88
11-07-2012, 03:05 PM
...I am not jock riding him I am just saying to have a respect for a true Giants player.
Saying he is done as a RT starter is dif from calling him a bum.....

IMO, he is not a good offensive lineman, period. I have no respect for his football skills. That's all I know of the guy. I don't personally know him. My opinion on him is strictly football based and IMO, he sux at his job. As far as what you call a true giants player, the definition of that is your opinion as well.

GameTime
11-07-2012, 03:08 PM
IMO, he is not a good offensive lineman, period. I have no respect for his football skills. That's all I know of the guy. I don't personally know him. My opinion on him is strictly football based and IMO, he sux at his job. As far as what you call a true giants player, the definition of that is your opinion as well.
all good.....just sticking up for the team and players I root for and have been for 35+ years.......
DD is not a fly by night player but he is someone who has done what ever the team has asked of him for many years and only thins year missed games due to injury...

harrycarson
11-07-2012, 06:08 PM
You saw all of that, did you?

Why are you quick to bite on fans on the boards now days like you are the lord know it all gmen fan....stop it with hour beat down on fans.....David diehl needs to surrender his position to locklear hands down....diehls back to back false starts and lack of speed off the snap was more glaring than herzlichs inability to stop the run up the middle.....so stop with the attitude mister moderator......post a link or somethin

GameTime
11-07-2012, 06:22 PM
It was the only 4 0'clock game that CBS had, with the other 2 games carried by Fox. I guess that constitutes a "Nationally televised game"

Disagree on Weatherford, though. Lost in his TD-saving tackle on Sanders was that he kicked a line-drive right to him that set up the return to begin with. He had some good and some bad, like most of the team IMO
it was the only game at 4 oclock in the whole NFL??? I didnt know that...

PRGiant
11-07-2012, 06:27 PM
He's done.

sharick88
11-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Why are you quick to bite on fans on the boards now days like you are the lord know it all gmen fan....stop it with hour beat down on fans.....David diehl needs to surrender his position to locklear hands down....diehls back to back false starts and lack of speed off the snap was more glaring than herzlichs inability to stop the run up the middle.....so stop with the attitude mister moderator......post a link or somethin

No offense, but what does Herzlich have to do with Diehl sucking ***? I do agree with you that David Diehl is pretty sorry

harrycarson
11-07-2012, 08:06 PM
No offense, but what does Herzlich have to do with Diehl sucking ***? I do agree with you that David Diehl is pretty sorry

It was an attempt at using an analogy....actually I fivured it to be close

sharick88
11-07-2012, 08:10 PM
It was an attempt at using an analogy....actually I fivured it to be close

To Herzlich's credit, it was his first career start. I need to see more before I start saying that he sux. Diehl has been in the league for almost 10 years. Saying that he sux *** might be too nice.