PDA

View Full Version : Barden under utilized

NorwoodBlue
12-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Why is it that Barden plays well every time he gets a chance but still doesn't see any more time on the field. If they'd throw that end zone fade to him, nobody could defend him. His hands are excellent, he's a huge target, and when he does get a chance he performs. I think he'd be a great redzone player, if they'd let him.

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Half the offense is underutilized until the clock tells Gilbride he has no choice but throw the non-working, stale gameplan out the window.

MikeIsaGiant
12-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Agreed, he's a huge fella and he could be useful. BUT WE HAVE GILBRIDE!!

Gilbride would have Eli throw fades to Jones-drew for crying out loud

giantsforce
12-19-2011, 04:29 PM

Gilbride would have Eli throw fades to Jones-drew for crying out loudSo what role does the HC play in this? Obviously Coughlin is not a great evaluator of talent. I wonder how coaches like this not only get jobs but they get to keep them despite their obvious incompetence. Coughlin has to be the most incompetent coach in the NFL & collapses in 8 years. Now I am sure that in most jobs one or two would have been enough to show someone the door and bring someone better. But then again looking at the Giants ownership and management, a lot of things can be explained why this incompetence.

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 04:37 PM

Gilbride would have Eli throw fades to Jones-drew for crying out loudSo what role does the HC play in this? Obviously Coughlin is not a great evaluator of talent. I wonder how coaches like this not only get jobs but they get to keep them despite their obvious incompetence. Coughlin has to be the most incompetent coach in the NFL & collapses in 8 years. Now I am sure that in most jobs one or two would have been enough to show someone the door and bring someone better. But then again looking at the Giants ownership and management, a lot of things can be explained why this incompetence.

His coaching record at Jax was impressive. He was the HC & GM there & built up a consistant playoff contender from a franchize club.

He only gets to cook the soup now & doesn't get to buy the ingredients that goes into the soup. Big difference. You play with what the GM gives ya I'm guessing unless he has a overide power over the GM. Could be but I doubt it.

MikeSherrard
12-19-2011, 04:43 PM
I have to be honest, in watching yesterdays game, this is NOT one of the things that was on my list of problems!

Mod_C
12-19-2011, 04:48 PM

Gilbride would have Eli throw fades to Jones-drew for crying out loudSo what role does the HC play in this? <font color="#0000FF">Obviously Coughlin is not a great evaluator of talent.</font> I wonder how coaches like this not only get jobs but they get to keep them despite their obvious incompetence. Coughlin has to be the most incompetent coach in the NFL &amp; collapses in 8 years. Now I am sure that in most jobs one or two would have been enough to show someone the door and bring someone better. But then again looking at the Giants ownership and management, a lot of things can be explained why this incompetence.

You do understand that Coughlin is not the team's recruiter, yes? He works with the players he's given.

Joe Morrison
12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
It's really simple, if Barden gets open Eli will get him the ball.</P>

When Eli has thrown his way he catches with his hands and gets upfield.</P>

He will be fine, after all when they don't pay for Manningham he'll move right up to the 3rd reciever spot.</P>

giantsfan420
12-19-2011, 04:58 PM
to me this is one of the biggest indictments of KG and thus TC;
The continual use of Ware and misuse of Barden.

WHY THE **** IS WARE EVEN TOUCHING THE FIELD?!?! HIS BEST PLAY OF HIS CAREER WAS A 2 YRD 2 PT CONVERSION ELI AUDIBLED INTO.

Ware is flat garbage, the fact KG actually designs screens to him, and uses him as a pass receiver has no excuse.
He does nothing "well" he isnt a power runner, he isnt a speed burner, he doesn't cut back...he is medeocre at best in a few aspects of playing RB, namely he at least knows the plays.

That pass to Ware was another part of the KG snowball to hell. Some one explain to me why the **** Ware continually sees the field like he is doing well from week to week? HE DOES NOTHING GOOD JUST TAKES AWAY SNAPS AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR OTHERS...

And with Barden, HE DOES AND HAS SHOWN HE HAS EXCEPTIONAL HANDS AND MAKES CATCHES IN TRAFFIC...so obviously that means give him a snap or two a game...its a ****ing joke, KG is a moron not necessarily with scheme but def. with play calls and who he uses and does not use.

Jerrigan would be a better option at RB than Ware imo bc Ware never evens run the ball or rarely, RARELY does. Ware is always used in shotgun to motion out for the screen or run a pattern in the flat. Why we dont use Scott or even Jerrigan is a pure indictment, as well as the misuse of Barden, on Gilbride and unfortunately Coughlin.

Coughlin realizes he has override capabilities right? Meaning, if he sees KG doing some ******ed over and over, he can tell him no. Same for Fewell. How Coughlin allows the 3 man rush...sickening, the zone concepts, sickening. (not that he calls zone plays, but the zone concepts he uses)

gmen0820
12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Barden sucks. I don't know what anyone has seen from him. His 14 career receptions are very impressive I guess.

jomo
12-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Why is it that Barden plays well every time he gets a chance but still doesn't see any more time on the field.* If they'd throw that end zone fade to him, nobody could defend him.* His hands are excellent, he's a huge target, and when he does get a chance he performs.* I think he'd be a great redzone player, if they'd let him.
Even if he runs half the routes correctly he'll be ahead of Mario.