PDA

View Full Version : In the fourth quarter when we got the ball back with roughly three minutes to play...

Mercury
11-06-2012, 03:24 PM
who thought, "Here we go! It's time for Eli to give us another game winning drive!"

I sure did. Yeah, I know it didn't work out this time, but isn't it great that we are almost never out of it? Eli gives us a chance to win every game and he seldom disappoints us.

egyptian420
11-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Yup....said that to my bro like a spoiled kid taking things for granted.....I got a reality check shortly thereafter.

Turns out Eli is human afterall and with that garbage protection he had on Sunday, he couldn't do anything.

Cloud57
11-06-2012, 03:42 PM
after seeing what he did in 3 Quarters I knew he wasn't going to do crap in the 4rth.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 03:42 PM
not really...i was hoping.....but i really didn't think it was gonna happen.
usually , when we come back there were signs of life earlier in the game
and we just didn't execute in the red zone ....or got some breaks or what not.
but always kept that sense of something good is going to happen.

but this time the whole 2nd half was.....hopeless ....you sorta felt like "not this time"
hopefully next week they instill some confidence.

GiantWarfare
11-06-2012, 03:48 PM
not really...i was hoping.....but i really didn't think it was gonna happen.
usually , when we come back there were signs of life earlier in the game
and we just didn't execute in the red zone ....or got some breaks or what not.
but always kept that sense of something good is going to happen.

but this time the whole 2nd half was.....hopeless ....you sorta felt like "not this time"
hopefully next week they instill some confidence.

same here. I was praying for a miracle gamewinning drive but I knew it was pretty much hopeless. The Steelers are a great team and they dont choke or blow leads like our NFCE rivals, their defense was shutdown and our offense was literally NONEXISTENT all game long, nothing, nada. Once Eli threw the first incompletion on the final drive, I knew it was over...