PDA

View Full Version : spags about to get fired

blueNorange
12-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Appearing on NFL Network's Around The League Live Monday, Jason La Canfora said he's been told the Rams plan to "blow things up" after the season, firing head coach Steve Spagnuolo and OC Josh McDaniels.
Hardly a surprising report with the Rams sporting one of the league's worst defenses and a historically bad offense despite having the reigning Offensive Rookie of the Year at quarterback. Injuries have played a huge part in the debacle in St. Louis, but there's really no excuse for going from 7-9 to potentially 2-14. In three years at the helm, Spagnuolo has gone 10-36. Dec 19 - 3:34 PM

---------

COME BACK

Gmen2005
12-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Please come back.

giants2thebowl
12-19-2011, 04:45 PM
I really do not see him coming back, just a feeling

MikeSherrard
If he get fired tonight, in my dreams he'd run the D meetings at the Timex center by early tomorrow.

Fewell has been a HUGE disappointment.

MikeIsaGiant
Oh my god.... DO IT!!!

NYG4ME
12-19-2011, 04:46 PM
I would love to have him back.. Would the NYG just fire Fewell though and bring back Spags?

blueNorange
12-19-2011, 04:48 PM
have jpp appear in the interview with a 15 minute highlight of jpp with narrating from jpp himself

EJ Blue
12-19-2011, 04:48 PM
what would you guys think of Coughlin retiring and Spags being HC here?

MikeIsaGiant
12-19-2011, 04:49 PM

No, spags as DC!!

redbeardxxv
12-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Beat me to it!
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/19/storm-clouds-gather-for-spagnuolo/
this is potentially GREAT news, and potentially HORRIBLE NEWS.
All depends... does he return to NY or Philthy?

Someone needs to show him game tape of our current defense, beg him to come back, and then show him tape of JPP.

AZwhoopr
12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
He never had a fair chance in st. louis. The personnel there is terrible. I've always felt bad for him, Sjax and Bradford. Would love to see Spags back as defensive coordinator. He, like any other defensive coordinator, had his struggles at times but could make adjustments with the best. Sign em up!!

KillaRich
12-19-2011, 04:58 PM
If he would have just been patient, and waited for Coughlin (was obvious spags was next up) he'd be the Giants coach now not worrying about being fired...... but yea BRING HIM BACK

GiantWarfare
12-19-2011, 04:59 PM
i'm worried as hell that he goes to Philthy, and makes their D a fearsome one...

buddy33
12-19-2011, 04:59 PM
So are you guys wanting him as the HC or just the DC?

Just saying he has failed as a HC. Now as a DC I would be ok with that.

domfin
12-19-2011, 05:02 PM
What is the Giants favor is that TC will retire much sooner than Reid and he would probably get the HC job.

repeatchamps
12-19-2011, 05:03 PM
What is the Giants favor is that TC will retire much sooner than Reid and he would probably get the HC job.</P>

Yup exactly this. He'd get a HC job here sooner than anywhere else.Also anyone who thinks he will fill another vacant spot this offseason for another team is living in a fantasy world.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-19-2011, 05:04 PM
I really do not see him coming back, just a feeling

well its here or philly - so lets hope your wrong

MattMeyerBud
12-19-2011, 05:05 PM
What is the Giants favor is that TC will retire much sooner than Reid and he would probably get the HC job.</p>

Yup exactly this. He'd get a HC job here sooner than anywhere else.Also anyone who thinks he will fill another vacant spot this offseason for another team is living in a fantasy world.</p>

yea but this may just be another stop gap

lets not pass up the fact taht he may actually get another HC offer...

he had an AWFUL year this year but his whole team collapsed. Not many teams can keep trucking with your star young QB is done for the whole year

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2011, 05:07 PM
What is the Giants favor is that TC will retire much sooner than Reid and he would probably get the HC job.</P>

Yup exactly this. He'd get a HC job here sooner than anywhere else.Also anyone who thinks he will fill another vacant spot this offseason for another team is living in a fantasy world.</P>

yea but this may just be another stop gap

lets not pass up the fact taht he may actually get another HC offer...

he had an AWFUL year this year but his whole team collapsed. Not many teams can keep trucking with your star young QB is done for the whole year
</P>

He would be an absolute magician if he were able to get another HC job offer after three seasons of 1-15, 7-9 and 2-14 . . . . . </P>

gmen0820
12-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Spags is a good football coach but don't think he would cure all of our problems.

EJ Blue
12-19-2011, 05:14 PM

No, spags as DC!!I think there's a higher chance of him coming back as a HC than a DC. You can pretty much forget about him coming back as a DC.

KidA
12-19-2011, 05:19 PM
He could come back as DC with the understanding that he will be the heir to HC as long as he does a good job.

Joe Morrison
12-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Spags is a good football coach but don't think he would cure all of our problems.</P>

I am sure he could make this defense competitive, they don't even have to be the best, just get them in the top 10.</P>

No on is hiring him as a HC, he will have to drop back to DC and work his way back up.</P>

barran21
12-19-2011, 05:22 PM
You look at Philly's talent on defense i think he could choose them instead, get them to a SB and get another HC job...

buddy33
12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
You look at Philly's talent on defense i think he could choose them instead, get them to a SB and get another HC job...

When healthy the Giants have just as much talent. If he came here next year as the DC and had a healthy Tuck and JPP that alone could make him want the job. He would also have a healthy Prince to mold along side Webster and who ever else try draft or sign FA. Don't forget Kiwi, Boley, and a healthy Goff. A young Joseph and hopefully a well rested but not rusted Austin.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Fewell is gone one way or another and he has history here he won a SB most of the personal is still here on defense and they will push for him. Honestly he rushed but given TC resume hes almost out the door to retirement sooner than later. Spags will know that if he goes to Philly he wont be the HC there. So knowing how we are we gave him a chance to start really have a name out there and I can see him turning this unit into the best in the nfl next year. Tuck will be better under him Osi will be better TT will be back JPP will be used better Kiwi will be used better omg please NY make this happen I could care less about players hes the key to this team being back in the spotlight of where is should be on top.

BigBlueOnes
12-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Anyone who thinks he gets another HC job immediately is eating 'shrooms. And, all you have to do is set him up there in the stands with Eagles and Giants fans and he'll choose us. Guaranteed. Once he sees the caliber of fan that likes the Eagles, he'd be appalled.

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2011, 05:34 PM
How about head coach calling the defensive plays?

Doesn't Belichick do this?

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Anyone who thinks he gets another HC job immediately is eating 'shrooms. And, all you have to do is set him up there in the stands with Eagles and Giants fans and he'll choose us. Guaranteed. Once he sees the caliber of fan that likes the Eagles, he'd be appalled.

He was an Eagles coach for 8 years and a Giant for 2.

buddy33
12-19-2011, 05:36 PM

Yeah, but he was never the DC there and he won a Super Bowl here as well.

nYg24
12-19-2011, 05:37 PM
he's not coming back here.

GameTime
Spags is a good football coach but don't think he would cure all of our problems.</P>

I tend to agree. I just dont understand why so many think this guy is some kind of savoir. He had two good seasons as a DC....thats it. Has done nothing since and before that was an LB coach.</P>

I like him and I also think Fewell is done but who will all you Spags lovers blame if he comes back to the Giants and they still suck???</P>

BigBlueOnes

Yeah?? What's your point?? He started AT THE BOTTOM as all coaches do, and worked his way up to us. We are class, Eagles are not.

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2011, 05:40 PM

Yeah?? What's your point?? He started AT THE BOTTOM as all coaches do, and worked his way up to us. We are class, Eagles are not.

Are you really that blind? He has great loyalty to the Eagles organization and probably still has great ties to the staff and organization and players. He labored under Jim Johnson, how high did you expect him to rise with JJ there?

Not to mention, I know his wife was from Philly and I think he kept his house in Philly when he was with the Giants. I don't know if he kept his house there while in St. Louis and whether the couple has any kids, but if they do and they're in school in Philly, the pieces start adding up.

sc_markt
12-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Appearing on NFL Network's Around The League Live Monday, Jason La Canfora said he's been told the Rams plan to "blow things up" after the season, firing head coach Steve Spagnuolo and OC Josh McDaniels.
Hardly a surprising report with the Rams sporting one of the league's worst defenses and a historically bad offense despite having the reigning Offensive Rookie of the Year at quarterback. Injuries have played a huge part in the debacle in St. Louis, but there's really no excuse for going from 7-9 to potentially 2-14. In three years at the helm, Spagnuolo has gone 10-36. Dec 19 - 3:34 PM

---------

COME BACK

Hey New York Giants front office, I hope you guys rehire Spagnuolo. He did a fantastic job with the defense when he was here and since he's left, the D hasn't been the same. Do you owners want the Giants to win? Then rehire him. It's that simple.

BigBlueOnes
12-19-2011, 10:47 PM

Are you really that blind? He has great loyalty to the Eagles organization and probably still has great ties to the staff and organization and players. He labored under Jim Johnson, how high did you expect him to rise with JJ there?

Not to mention, I know his wife was from Philly and I think he kept his house in Philly when he was with the Giants. I don't know if he kept his house there while in St. Louis and whether the couple has any kids, but if they do and they're in school in Philly, the pieces start adding up.

I'm not really disagreeing, saying I would welcome him back for sure. When I posted into another thread that Pat Kirwan stated the Eagles would be more aggressive in getting him back, that he knew the organization, that the owner knows the fans and players like him and that he knows the system there, and then he said "Don't get your hopes up Giants fan, that chapter has been written", I got flamed. I think you and Kirwan are right, more likely he'd take an Eagles position with more upside, but I don't see him being a strong DC candidate at all. I just hate the Eagles and am not ashamed to say I'd welcome him back to give our defense a lift. It sickens me to see Wade Phillips, Greg Williams and Jim Haslett...et al all do better with what they have than us.

shotcalla39
12-20-2011, 12:14 AM
If Spags becomes available... The Giants have to do whatever it takes to get Spags back herre... By any means neccesary to reunite him with the Coughlin and having him the highest paid DC or whatever....

Coughlin is. Great coach... But he is an offensive minded coach.. he needs a great defensive mind for his teams to take it to the next level and we have seen how hard it is to find that after Tim Lewis , sheriden and FEWELL...

I honestly believe our future superbowl hopes rest in the possible return of Spags .. we need all 3... Coughlin, Gilbride and Spags

jomo
12-20-2011, 12:16 AM
If Spags becomes available... The Giants have to do whatever it takes to get Spags back herre... By any means neccesary to reunite him with the Coughlin and having him the highest paid DC or whatever.... Courtthlin is. Great coach... But he is an offensive minded coach.. he needs a great defensive mind for his teams to take it to the next level and we have seen how hard it is to find that after Tim Lewis , sheriden and FEWELL...Put Spags in the queue at the next head coach. Have him run the D for 2 years and take of the reins as HC. Simple plan that works.

Drystt
12-20-2011, 12:33 AM
He will entertain the front office, get our hopes up high, then sign elsewhere just like Plaxico. I predict Eagles will become 2-time off season defending champions by signing him with their oline dc out.

giants2thebowl
12-20-2011, 01:47 AM
Everybody places spagnuola on a pedestal; great dc, but getting so annoying. I mean the defensive coordinator can only do too much. Players have got to step up once in a while too.

nygfan0816
12-20-2011, 02:09 AM
we gotta get him back, d hasnt been the same since he left. he took average players like kawika mitchell, fred robbins, gibril wilson, and made them look great. if he comes back, guarantee rolle, kiwi, and others have big seasons next year.

only thing is can he coach a 3-4? cause we need to switch to it.