PDA

View Full Version : I Know Optimism Is Not Popular Right Now But

ChuckKnoxx
11-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Only been here a few months and a lurker over at BBI. But I notice one glaring bad trend on both boards. So many fall apart real fast after a loss. Fire this person, cut this person etc. Trust me I get what you are trying to say and how you feel. If I made my videos right after a loss they would have no trace of motivation what so ever. Reality is this is the NFL ladies an gents, you are going to lose. Yes that means you too Atlanta.

I agree there is something to how you lose, and the way we lost Sunday there is no excuses for.

But let me remind you, this is the same coaching staff primarily that has brought this team from hell and back to win 2 out of the last 5 Super Bowls. This is the same team primarily that ran the table last season to win it all. These mistakes and issues WILL be corrected.

The Bengals are just what the doctor ordered right before the bye.

The CHAMPS lost a round, not the fight. Remember that. Stay up Giants fans and enjoy a beat down on Sunday.

FBomb
11-06-2012, 06:53 PM
UH OH!!! DUCK AND COVER!!!!!

RoanokeFan
11-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Put on your helmet and pads! Not everyone disagrees with you BTW

rainierjef
11-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Oh boy, this might get ugly.

ImElectric2
11-06-2012, 07:08 PM
ChuckKnox for president! Couldn't agree more!

ImElectric2
11-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Oh boy, this might get ugly.Omg. Your signature.

ImElectric2
11-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Hmmm....the heart emoticon didn't appear, but basically I love your sig lol.

sharick88
11-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Giants fans as a whole are never happy. Even after we won our two SB's these past years, there was a "We won the SB, but............" thread created right away. It is virtually impossible on here, BBI, or even sportswrath to tell whether or not we won a football game. It is what it is with our fanbase and I am pretty much used to it. I always avoid any message board during games. You should come on here during a game when we don't score in the first qtr. A "fire Killdrive" thread is created like a reflex.

FBomb
11-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Giants fans as a whole are never happy. Even after we won our two SB's these past years, there was a "We won the SB, but............" thread created right away. It is virtually impossible on here, BBI, or even sportswrath whether or not we won a football game. It is what it is with our fanbase and I am pretty much used to it. I always avoid any message board during games. You should come on here during a game when we don't score in the first qtr. A "fire Killdrive" thread is created like a reflex.

That is my rule as well. I avoid the board entirely until after the game. Sometimes I will even wait til the next dayif we lose. It's abysmal in here during the hours after a loss.

I suppose it's normal.

ozzie0075
11-06-2012, 07:42 PM
That is my rule as well. I avoid the board entirely until after the game. Sometimes I will even wait til the next dayif we lose. It's abysmal in here during the hours after a loss.

I suppose it's normal.

Lately its been horrible even after wins. Every one on this board would have taken a 2.5 game lead after week 9 before the season started.

Toadofsteel
11-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Lately its been horrible even after wins. Every one on this board would have taken a 2.5 game lead after week 9 before the season started.

It's not the fact that we're winning that irks me, it's the way we're playing. I felt better after losing to the packers last year because at least we played like champions vs them (and it showed the following week vs the cowboys). If the refs didnt have an obvious bias we would have won that game. Yet vs Dallas and Pittsburgh, we've played terribly. We're not playing like champions. I'll gladly take an undeserved win if it means we get a better chance to win it all, but we need to play like champions to deserve a championship...

Kez Simpson
11-06-2012, 07:55 PM
It's not the fact that we're winning that irks me, it's the way we're playing. I felt better after losing to the packers last year because at least we played like champions vs them (and it showed the following week vs the cowboys). If the refs didnt have an obvious bias we would have won that game. Yet vs Dallas and Pittsburgh, we've played terribly. We're not playing like champions. I'll gladly take an undeserved win if it means we get a better chance to win it all, but we need to play like champions to deserve a championship...

I don't know what an undeserved win is, please define this to me. Sounds like an excuse of a losing team. Deserve a championship? Do they not play to win the championship? In a job sense, I can see how someone could not deserve a promotion. However, in a game when winner takes all, whoever wants it all in the end deserves to win.

ozzie0075
11-06-2012, 07:56 PM

They rarely played like champions during the season last year. They played well against the Pats and Packers and that was about it. They lost twice to a terrible Redskins and barely beat Arizona and Miami. All that matters is getting in the playoffs and playing well then, I am not concerned in the slightest.

jomo
11-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Go Blue!

rainierjef
11-06-2012, 08:42 PM
There is a difference between losing a hard fought game and just losing a game.
Wins are all that matter at the end of the day, Okay cool I knew this since junior high, it's all our coach told us after a win or loss, followed by team first or be a better player for the player next to you. I would have no problems with a loss if it was a hard fought up hill battle and we just couldn't get it done kind of like what Toad said; but I find no silver lining in the way we played on Sunday and I have nothing to reaffirm any positive outlooks, because of the way this team has played in the past month. 6-3 Is great don't get me wrong, the rest of the NFCE losing was a big help, I rather we control our own destiny come week 17 instead of sharing the responsibility of our faith on the wins and losses of other teams; the way we are playing now tells me it will come down to that.
Which is why I hope this is a learning loss for a lack of a better term, I would of thought the Philly game was just that, but this team never makes the path easy.

We all want the same goal, we just all look down different roads towards that goal, granted some more maniacal than others, but the same.

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Chuck time to put together one of your motivatin videos!!!!!!!!!

byron
11-06-2012, 09:02 PM
I go into every game full knowing that any thing can happen that no games are givens in the nfl.....I've been a Giants fan for 50 years its never changed....even in the bad years when they just plain sucked the hope there and once in a while they would beat someone they had no right beating....It was those games that kept me going.....They are not always going to win pretty, win every game or be SB champs every year.....That being said the hope of 50 years is still with me to this day and I have faith they will get it together " look what they give us last year" !! these are truly good times enjoy it fcs ....Go Giants!!