PDA

View Full Version : Too bad blowing last game

sheepdip
11-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Because I see a hard time seeing 4 wins with the remaining schedule. I am not saying were not capable but there are some tough ones. We struggle with our own division. We make Eagles, Skins and Cowboys a lot better then what they are or they play us harder then others outside division. We have Saints who are starting to get it together, at Atlanta, GB who will be out to get us. That pitts game we should have had. Fortunately our division is stinking. 9-7 finish will pretty much guarantee us a 4th seed and 1 game hosted. Unless cowboys or eagles win out which I cant see happening. I think we can finish around 10-6. We have to have this game vs Bengals.

I still think once we get in the playoffs we will become a better team and transform into a wrecking crew but were in that lull regular season mode where our backs arent against the wall. I know TC is trying with all his speeches but there not working yet....

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 08:02 PM
It is what it is, we just need to win our division....got a little help this weekend!

sheepdip
11-06-2012, 08:10 PM
I know it would be a little more hairier if Cowboys or someone else was 1 game back. But thankfully the others are loosing too.

sheepdip
11-06-2012, 08:10 PM
giants never do anything easy;

Giants Brazil
11-06-2012, 08:16 PM
The good thing is the Giants don't have to win four more games to go to the playoffs. The NFC East is awful this year. Anyway, I see a split in the division (loss @ redskins, win vs. eagles), and that means another two wins to get to the postseason.

G-Men Surg.
11-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Man I don't know about that bro, winning 4 games the rest of the way ??? Heck we could win less if Big Blue keeps playing the way they are right now but I refuse to accept the idea of not getting the problems fixed. at

G-Men Surg.
11-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Man I don't know about that bro, winning 4 games the rest of the way ??? Heck we could win less if Big Blue keeps playing the way they are right now but I refuse to accept the idea of not getting the problems fixed. They need to get back at playing Giants kind of football, hard nose, physical and run the ball effectively making play-action part of the game.

BillTheGreek
11-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Because I see a hard time seeing 4 wins with the remaining schedule. I am not saying were not capable but there are some tough ones. We struggle with our own division. We make Eagles, Skins and Cowboys a lot better then what they are or they play us harder then others outside division. We have Saints who are starting to get it together, at Atlanta, GB who will be out to get us. That pitts game we should have had. Fortunately our division is stinking. 9-7 finish will pretty much guarantee us a 4th seed and 1 game hosted. Unless cowboys or eagles win out which I cant see happening. I think we can finish around 10-6. We have to have this game vs Bengals.

I still think once we get in the playoffs we will become a better team and transform into a wrecking crew but were in that lull regular season mode where our backs arent against the wall. I know TC is trying with all his speeches but there not working yet....

+2

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 08:53 PM
I can't see how we don't win the division it's almost impossible for the other 3 teams in the division have to play each other so thats got to cancel each other out. I don't even see the restone of thethe division getting to eat with us to be perfectly honest theyre all on two wrong feet. I see us getting past 10 with making of the roadwarriors, we're going to hit or stride here soon bengals are the perfect team to get back on track. A young talented team that wont be a pushover, itll give us some needed momentum beating them

BigBlueAllDay
11-06-2012, 09:16 PM
If the Saints sweep the Falcons and the Giants beat the Falcons, Bears have to play the 49ers in 2 weeks plus another game with Green Bay... The No. 1 seed is still possibly there for the taking. Sorry if I'm jumping ahead as well in a positive way. Beating the Bengals come first. :p

miked1958
11-06-2012, 09:17 PM
The way it stands now Dallas and Philly would both have to go 6-2 to reach 9 wins. Skins have to do even better to reach 9 as they have to go 6-1. The giants already at 6 win level need to find 3/4 wins to be guaranteed a playoff spot. That simple.. Which is why it hurts that we gave up that 20-10 lead in the 4th quarter the other day. If we had won and got to 7 wins with all the others losing we would have been sitting pretty. But we don't want it to be easy. We don't want to get complacent. We saw what happened to the 15-1 packers last yr

miked1958
11-06-2012, 09:19 PM
If the Saints sweep the Falcons and the Giants beat the Falcons, Bears have to play the 49ers in 2 weeks plus another game with Green Bay... The No. 1 seed is still possibly there for the taking. Sorry if I'm jumping ahead as well in a positive way. Beating the Bengals come first. :pcall me crazy but I don't want the number 1 overall seed.

Eliscruzzz
11-06-2012, 09:26 PM
call me crazy but I don't want the number 1 overall seed.I do but I get what your saying. I just rather have to play less games to get to the SB.

BigBlueAllDay
11-06-2012, 09:27 PM
call me crazy but I don't want the number 1 overall seed.

Yea I prefer the team play the wildcard game as well instead of having the "bye" week, worked well for the past couple of years so far. It would be funny if the top teams tanked on purpose to try to play through wildcard weekend though because of its recent success. lol

miked1958
11-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Yea I prefer the team play the wildcard game as well instead of having the "bye" week, worked well for the past couple of years so far. It would be funny if the top teams tanked on purpose to try to play through wildcard weekend though because of its recent success. loli mean if you go by overall history I'm sure playing the one less game and having HF throughout has gotten more teams to the SB then the WC route on the Road. With that said there is something to be said for Momentum. Seems recently the teams that wrap things up early and sit starters the last few weeks of season and then have the bye come out flat and get dominated by the upstart HOT WC team. Case in point Arron Rodgers had sat out the last game for GB. So he didn't play from when the week 17 game ended till 3 weeks later for the divisional game vs giants. To long and it showed. He wasn't sharp and neither were his WRs who dropped a ton of passes. Also this seems to be the route the giants thrive on.

Last time we had bye and number 1 seed was 08 and we were kicked out by Philly. I realize we all blame plax but he doesn't play on D.

We also play better on Road for some reason.

ashleymarie
11-07-2012, 05:05 AM
giants never do anything easy;

Nor smart, at times. :)

Generation Eli
11-07-2012, 08:05 AM
If this team doesnt play well, even 3 wins is asking too much.

@Skins is not a given
Eagles ALWAYS play us tougher than they play others
Falcons and Packers want revenge. They want to be one of the two that knock us out of playoff contention.
Saints will obliterate us. No Giants fan can dispute this unless he/she are on drugs (hallucinogens)

Cowboys are not down and out. They face just 1 team with a winning schedule the rest of the way. They could go 5 and 2 and they could end the season with the tie breaker (divisional record).

They face the eagles twice (which they will sweep)
They face the Skins twice (they lose one close and win one easy)
They face the Bengals which will be another easy win (the bengals are overrated and cant run for crap and cant block)
The face the browns (which may be a nail biter but cowboys pull it out)
They face the Steelers (which could be another tough game. I could see them winning this one. After all, they have probably the best secondary in the league)
They face the Saints (who will be fighting for a playoff spot. Cowboys lose this one)

These scenarios IMO are more likely than the Giants winning 4 games the rest of the way. This team has more holes this year than they do last year. Thats my take. We will see!