PDA

View Full Version : Look Ahead: Giants At Bengals

RoanokeFan
11-07-2012, 08:54 AM
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/17...t_Bengals.html (http://www.northjersey.com/sports/177597321_Look_ahead__Giants_at_Bengals.html)

Excerpt: "Giants (6-3) at Bengals (3-5)

Paul Brown Stadium

Sunday, 1 p.m.

TV: Ch. 5

Radio: WFAN 660 AM/101.9 FM

Early line: Giants by 4

Justin Tuck and Tom Coughlin have stressed the importance of winning this game with the acknowledgement of going into their bye at 7-3 being a whole lot different than if they do so at 6-4. The Giants have struggled in all three phases, the most worrisome issues stemming from a slumping Eli Manning and a passing attack that has produced just one touchdown in the last 14 quarters. Another Manning Peyton and the Broncos beat the Bengals with a fourth-quarter comeback last Sunday. The Giants are hoping to play well enough so that their Manning is not facing that kind of circumstance this week."
In the spotlight

Giants CB Corey Webster: Webster has spent much of this season as the defender in the wrong place at the wrong time. He flipped that script against the Steelers with a strong performance that included tight coverage of Mike Wallace and an interception. A.J. Green leads the Bengals in receptions (51), receiving yards (735) and touchdowns (8). Expect Webster to man up on Green and endure quite a battle Sunday." Read more..

Buddy333
11-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Please send help for Webster.

Mistanihan
11-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Webster has been playing well the last few games. Need all around physical play all 3 phases.

Eli needs a nice drive to gain his confidence back.

brad
11-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Webster has been playing well the last few games. Need all around physical play all 3 phases.

Eli needs a nice drive to gain his confidence back.

Agreed, the defense will not win games for us, but they will do enough to keep the Giants in it... it is the offense that needs to win it. The past few weeks they haven't been doing that, but I think this is the game where they return to form...

Generation Eli
11-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Please do not send help for Webster

What? I have Green on my fantasy team

Oh, and Im also starting Gresham.

I also have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones who I hope will burn the GMEN as well. Although I might be out of the playoffs by then. F'ing McFadden

What? Not like I have a choice here. Harvin maybe out as well so I need my players to blow up.

Giants win 31 to 20 though

Green has 80 yard and a touchdown
Gresham has 120 yards and a touchdown

thats about it as the Bengals have no idea what a run game is. I think they believe a run is when you throw the ball short to Hawkins and Gresham.

Statistacly speaking, Giants are giving up 10th most fanatsy points to WR and TE. So its not a bad start.

njg85m
11-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Keeping Green around 100 yards would be a victory for us as this point. Very important game, Bengals are a tough team and could exploit us in numerous spots. Let's hope we play well and walk away with a much needed rebound victory.

GameTime
11-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Look.....the Bengles are a decent team. But Come On Man!!!....The Giants should beat them easily...
Not saying the will be they absolutley should.......

RoanokeFan
11-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Agreed, the defense will not win games for us, but they will do enough to keep the Giants in it... it is the offense that needs to win it. The past few weeks they haven't been doing that, but I think this is the game where they return to form...

+1

RoanokeFan
11-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Look.....the Bengles are a decent team. But Come On Man!!!....The Giants should beat them easily...

They will business pro, they will....:popcorn:

Buddy333
11-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Look.....the Bengles are a decent team. But Come On Man!!!....The Giants should beat them easily...Not saying the will be they absolutley should.......Not sure if I missed a joke or something so I have to ask. Why?

GameTime
11-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Not sure if I missed a joke or something so I have to ask. Why?

No joke....The Giants are a better team overall. They" should" whip the Bengles. More points per game on O and less points per game given up on D..

What they "should" do and what they "will" are two decidely different things....

Buddy333
11-07-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't know. I don't really see it hat way. The Giants did dominate a bad Panthers team and a one dimensional 49ers team but have struggled in every oher game, win or lose. I have seen nothing from them, so far, this year that would make me think they should beat anyone easily.

rainierjef
11-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Sadly... I'll take a decisive win, an "Oh **** we won!" win, even an ugly win. As long as we win. Need to stay ahead of the division.

gumby74
11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Sadly... I'll take a decisive win, an "Oh **** we won!" win, even an ugly win. As long as we win. Need to stay ahead of the division.

a win is a win. i'll take it and this week will be a big one.

BillTheGreek
11-07-2012, 01:11 PM
This is a tough one...............Just Win !

TheEnigma
11-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Pretty scared of what can potentially happen if we don't contain Geno Atkins on offense and A.J. Green on defense. Those two are absolute monsters that can change a game if they get hot.

GameTime
11-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Pretty scared of what can potentially happen if we don't contain Geno Atkins on offense and A.J. Green on defense. Those two are absolute monsters that can change a game if they get hot.
same can be said for Cruz, Eli, JPP....

dezzzR
11-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Giants need to get the running game going. The Bengals have a good secondary which weve struggled against lately.

Cloud57
11-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Giants need to get the running game going. The Bengals have a good secondary which weve struggled against lately.

our running game for obvious reasons isn't going to go anywhere, Giants will have to rely on Eli's arm once again.

BigBlueAllDay
11-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I think first and foremost, the Giants offense needs to establish a running game and the Giants defense needs to stop the Bengals running game. Even with Dalton, AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham, the Bengals won't mind running the ball all day with Green-Ellis if he can't be stopped. The Giants LBs need to step it up against the run game. Then, they can give Webster some safety help with AJ Green on certain plays.

TheEnigma
11-07-2012, 06:48 PM
same can be said for Cruz, Eli, JPP....

True but with a weak interior Oline, Eli could get a healthy dose of the Atkins diet. As long as we can keep Atkins and Green to average games, we should beat the Bengals.

GameTime
11-07-2012, 07:16 PM
True but with a weak interior Oline, Eli could get a healthy dose of the Atkins diet. As long as we can keep Atkins and Green to average games, we should beat the Bengals.

nice one....

Cool Papa B.
11-07-2012, 10:12 PM
This game worries me. Bengals are good at defending the run. Andre Brown really should be starting this game. His ability to burst through the holes should keep their DLine honest. And with Nicks still banged up, someone other than Cruz will have to step up in the WR core. Hixon, Barden, Bennett.....where are you? This is your chance to show your clutchness.

I don't think this game will be a walk inthe park by any stretch of the imagination.

G-Men Surg.
11-07-2012, 10:30 PM
I know what you mean bro but there are no gimmies in the NFL and there's no such thing as a homecoming game in rpo football. That been said in a lot of ways this is a must win for Big Blue.

Eliscruzzz
11-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Giants need to get the running game going. The Bengals have a good secondary which weve struggled against lately.They don't have a good secondary...not at all.

Eliscruzzz
11-07-2012, 10:34 PM
I know what you mean bro but there are no gimmies in the NFL and there's no such thing as a homecoming game in rpo football. That been said in a lot of ways this is a must win for Big Blue.I don't think he was saying it's a gimme...I agree with him if the Giants get the **** together this game and play a B game that will be better then the Bengals A. The Giants should beat this team down but we will see.