PDA

View Full Version : Tom Coughlin "Had A Nice Conversation" With Eli Manning..

RoanokeFan
11-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Tom Coughlin "Had A Nice Conversation" With Eli Manning; Is Confident He'll Turn it Around

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/tom_coughlin_had_a_nice_conver.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Eli Manning admitted he didn't play well against the Steelers Sunday and the numbers support that; it was his worst statistical performance since the 2008 season.

The struggles come after Manning was off to the best start of his career and Tom Coughlin said the two spoke at length on Tuesday, though he added that a Tuesday visit to the quarterback room while Manning is studying film is customary.

"We talked. We've talked. Yesterday, we had a nice conversation," Coughlin said. "Most of the time it's about fundamentals and about us getting going, and what can I do to help. And little things that I could do to tweak in terms of practice that may help us. He's been very responsive with regard to that. we've been down this road before. He's going to get this thing right, get our offensive team going again and get us on track. I fully believe that and have great confidence in his ability to do that." Read more...

manning to shockey
11-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Coughlin: What's going on Eli?
Eli: Nothing. I got this!
Coughlin: Good talk

Cloud57
11-07-2012, 01:17 PM
needs to have a 'conversation' will Gilbride too

nycisgreat
11-07-2012, 01:29 PM

+1

Rudyy
11-07-2012, 01:44 PM
needs to have a 'conversation' will Gilbride too+ a lot

OX1
11-07-2012, 01:57 PM

every week, errrrrr..........scratch that, every 1/4.....................

YATittle1962
11-07-2012, 02:02 PM

hey Kev...if we are going to throw the ball on 3rd and short....lets make sure you pick a play were the shortest route is under 10 yds ok?...... dismissed

GameTime
11-07-2012, 02:07 PM
the only good thing with that article is that it mentions getting first downs...
So ..OK....throw out the "defense gives us this crap" on short first downs and just make a simple short throw....done deal. then move on

see...I should be the OC....

BigBlue wins
11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Coughlin should also apologize to Locklear for putting Diehl back in.

Ruttiger711
11-07-2012, 02:18 PM
hey Kev...if we are going to throw the ball on 3rd and short....lets make sure you pick a play were the shortest route is under 10 yds ok?...... dismissed

This alone could have possibly eliminated at least one of the losses.

bklyn1028
11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
It's amazing.......Last Feb he was the greatest OC since Moses......

Dwinsballgames
11-07-2012, 03:29 PM
It's amazing.......Last Feb he was the greatest OC since Moses......

That moses was a genius. He used to have these running plays going right up the gut and the defense would just open up and let them through. It was uncanny.

BigBlue wins
11-07-2012, 03:45 PM
That moses was a genius. He used to have these running plays going right up the gut and the defense would just open up and let them through. It was uncanny.

Even heard he was able to have a running game on water it was so good.

moosedrool
11-07-2012, 03:59 PM
TC needs to have a "nice conversation" with the offensive line coach and bench DD. How the heck can Eli play well when he has no time to throw??? First he calls the defense soft, now this? WHAT ABOUT DD, TC?

Tmurda1984
11-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Anytime Eli struggles...its Gilbride's fault. We can win 2 Superbowls under this scheme, but this scheme doesnt work when Eli and the offense struggles. We can have the number 1 offense and miss the playoffs but Gilbride sucks. And most of the time, the Giants are playing with bums like Barden, Hixon, DJ Ware, Brandon Jacobs, Beckum through the years and I never hear a single complaint about Reese.

Tmurda1984
11-07-2012, 05:21 PM
People complain about Diehl starting over Locklear but you have to remember Locklear has a journeyman label. Reese needs to bring in a TACKLE with all the physical tools of a 1st rounder and a reliable starter, until Reese brings in that guy Diehl will continue to start. And yall will continue to chant "In Reese We Trust" BS.

Eliscruzzz
11-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Anytime Eli struggles...its Gilbride's fault. We can win 2 Superbowls under this scheme, but this scheme doesnt work when Eli and the offense struggles. We can have the number 1 offense and miss the playoffs but Gilbride sucks. And most of the time, the Giants are playing with bums like Barden, Hixon, DJ Ware, Brandon Jacobs, Beckum through the years and I never hear a single complaint about Reese.Dude spare us with the 2 SB stuff...You really make it sound like it's all on Eli.

Eliscruzzz
11-07-2012, 05:24 PM
also 21 and 17 points in SB isn't all that great either luckily our defense showed up both times.

moosedrool
11-07-2012, 05:37 PM
People complain about Diehl starting over Locklear but you have to remember Locklear has a journeyman label. Reese needs to bring in a TACKLE with all the physical tools of a 1st rounder and a reliable starter, until Reese brings in that guy Diehl will continue to start. And yall will continue to chant "In Reese We Trust" BS.

The fact that Locklear is a journeyman is not the issue. The issue is who is better RIGHT NOW, DD or Locklear. And right now, Locklear is the best we have at RT and he isn't playing. DD single handedly gave us no chance on the last drive of the first half and the last drive of the game. False start, sacks allowed, hits on the QB, QB hurries...you name it, DD did it. DD is the worst Giants OT I can ever think of and I've been a Giants fan for 40 years. As much as I love TC as a coach, this RT decision is beyond explanation.

Cool Papa B.
11-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Locklear was doing a better job at RT than Diehl.

sharick88
11-07-2012, 05:42 PM
I hope he has a nice conversation with David Diehl as well. Ya know, the one that tells him that he is not starting from here on out.

Cool Papa B.
11-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Coughlin: What's going on Eli?
Eli: Nothing. I got this!
Coughlin: Good talk

Coughlin: Hello Eli. You wanted to talk...

Eli: You Think Diehl tells his wife everything?

Coughlin: Diehl?.....Him?.....

Eli: Make sure you bring him here tonight....

That's how it happens. That's how fast it takes for a guy to get whacked.

YATittle1962
11-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Coughlin: Hello Eli. You wanted to talk...

Eli: You Think Diehl tells his wife everything?

Coughlin: Diehl?.....Him?.....

Eli: Make sure you bring him here tonight....

That's how it happens. That's how fast it takes for a guy to get whacked.

they got danish?....I'd like to bring some home for Belle

Cool Papa B.
11-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Eli: I think you're gonna find, when all this is over, I think you're gonna find yourself one smiling brother. The thing is, Diehl, right now you got ability. But painful as it may be, ability don't last. And your days are just about over. Now that's a hard fact of life, but that's a fact of life you're gonna have to get realistic about. See, football is filled to the brim with unrealistic brothers. Brothers who thought they would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't. Besides, Diehl, how many games do you think you got in you anyhow? Two? Football players don't have an Old Timers Place. You came close but you never made it. And if you were gonna make it, you would have made it before now. You're mine, dig?

Diehl: It certainly appears so, Eli.

Eli: Sunday afternoon, you might feel a slight sting. That's pride messin' with you. Forget pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps. You fight through that. 'Cause a few days from now, when you kicking it in the Caribbean, you gonna say to yourself, "Eli was right."

Diehl: I got no problem with that, Eli.

Eli: First play of the first drive, you go down. (Diehl nods silently) Say it.

Diehl: First play of the first drive, I go down

Robert21156
11-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I hope he has a nice conversation with David Diehl as well. Ya know, the one that tells him that he is not starting from here on out.
+100

YATittle1962
11-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Eli: I think you're gonna find, when all this is over, I think you're gonna find yourself one smiling brother. The thing is, Diehl, right now you got ability. But painful as it may be, ability don't last. And your days are just about over. Now that's a hard fact of life, but that's a fact of life you're gonna have to get realistic about. See, football is filled to the brim with unrealistic brothers. Brothers who thought they would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't. Besides, Diehl, how many games do you think you got in you anyhow? Two? Football players don't have an Old Timers Place. You came close but you never made it. And if you were gonna make it, you would have made it before now. You're mine, dig?

Eli: Sunday afternoon, you might feel a slight sting. That's pride messin' with you. Forget pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps. You fight through that. 'Cause a few days from now, when you kicking it in the Caribbean, you gonna say to yourself, "Eli was right."

Diehl: First play of the first drive, I go down

lets hope Locklear can be our Winston Wolf

Cool Papa B.
11-07-2012, 06:10 PM

LOL LOL LOL.....

CowboysSuck
11-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Wheres the badly needed convo with the o-line, AB, the running backs coach, and KG?

Yes, Eli has struggled, but its not just him.

Cool Papa B.
11-07-2012, 08:24 PM

LOL or Kevin Gilbride.

Diamondring
11-07-2012, 08:27 PM
needs to have a 'conversation' will Gilbride tooMost likely the wrs.

BlueSanta
11-07-2012, 08:46 PM
There are a lot of Conversations he needs to have.

I think a lot of them, not all, need to be with the defensive players and coaches.

Rudyy
11-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm glad they didn't have a mean conversation.

BigBlueAllDay
11-07-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm glad they didn't have a mean conversation.

or the "heart-to-heart" conversation that Andy Reid had with Michael Vick before Vick threw a 98-yard INT on Monday
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--eagles-coach-andy-reid--qb-michael-vick-had-heart-to-heart-conversation.html

That team's a joke... lol

Rudyy
11-07-2012, 09:12 PM
or the "heart-to-heart" conversation that Andy Reid had with Michael Vick before Vick threw a 98-yard INT on Monday
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--eagles-coach-andy-reid--qb-michael-vick-had-heart-to-heart-conversation.html

That team's a joke... lol Dynasty right there

Eliscruzzz
11-07-2012, 09:23 PM

Diehl: First play of the first drive, I go downNice Pulp Fiction Marcellus Wallace...

ggrammas
11-07-2012, 09:29 PM

You took the words out of my mouth

P_Simms_#11
11-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Nice Pulp Fiction Marcellus Wallace...

Marcellus Wallace is a Giants hater. Oh wait - that's Marcellus Wiley!

Rat_bastich
11-08-2012, 01:47 AM
ESPN had a nice write up about this same topic. Pretty much, Coughlin approached Eli and asked him what he needed to do to help Eli out. I guess Eli wanted passing drills against the starting defense to be reinstituted so they can get their timing back and he can get used to avoiding unscripted defenses.

Now, what he has planned for the defense I have no idea. Hopefully them facing the starting offense cures their issues too.

AntB
11-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Yes, Eli has earned one talk but next time I bet TC takes him to the parking lot.

Captain Chaos
11-08-2012, 04:48 AM
I'm sure it was real nice...

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 08:34 AM

You don't think Coughlin and Gilbride talk?