PDA

View Full Version : Informative Speech on the New York Giants?

dayeh33
11-07-2012, 02:31 PM
I have to do a 5 minute speech for my public speaking class on something and I want it to be on the NFL or the Giants since i'm interested in those topics. I know there are a lot of things i can discuss about the giants, but what are some really good topics related to the Giants or the NFL that i can talk about in a 5 minute span? Any suggestions are appreciated.

YATittle1962
11-07-2012, 02:36 PM
how about the history of the team and the contributions of Wellington Mara that shaped the NFL as we know it today

rainierjef
11-07-2012, 02:37 PM
how about the history of the team and the contributions of Wellington Mara that shaped the NFL as we know it today
That would take way more than 5 minutes.

Drez
11-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Bingo. I'd probably focus on Wellington's insistence on TV revenue sharing, even though he would have profited immensely if there wasn't.

PierrePaul
11-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Is your audience interested in Sports? Marketing? Leadership? You can pick a topic to fit your audience, and you'll be interested in all of em.
Sports-wise, you could talk about any of the remarkable super-bowl runs, the difference between the NFL today and in the past ( no dominant teams now, so you might explore reasons why today teams get blown out by someone and then the next week they crush a "favored" team. ) -Pros and cons of an 18 game season.

Marketing- you could talk about the emergence of huge stadiums/PSLs/high prices- revenue sharing, the new cba/ last year's lockout/ constant struggles with tv providers/ I heard someone talking about the fact that because of the way the league is set up, half of the millions of Football fans that think their team is in first or second place. Everyone loves a winner, and for a long time every year, most teams can still have a good shot at being the first place team.

Leadership - i love the stories of how coaches and players learn how to get the most out of a team- the 2007 playoff run was a shining example of leadership paying off.

Captain Chaos
11-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Definitely talk about great history!

BuffyBlueII
11-07-2012, 08:13 PM
I have to do a 5 minute speech for my public speaking class on something and I want it to be on the NFL or the Giants since i'm interested in those topics. I know there are a lot of things i can discuss about the giants, but what are some really good topics related to the Giants or the NFL that i can talk about in a 5 minute span? Any suggestions are appreciated.

You should give a speech about the actress Rooney Mara and how much she loves me.