PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Nicks won't practice...

Ladder27
11-07-2012, 02:35 PM
ESPN is reporting a knee problem...... Sigh.... http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8603118/hakeem-nicks-new-york-giants-wr-experiencing-swelling-knee

Rudyy
11-07-2012, 02:44 PM
So he's not 100% like he said. I think we all kind of figured.
Have Randle or Barden take his spot until the swelling goes down.

Moke
11-07-2012, 02:58 PM
BUNDLE OF JOY.

GameTime
11-07-2012, 03:04 PM
great....
Eli needs big reps with Randle, Hixon, Cruz, Bennet, and I guess Barden if he plays....

Cloud57
11-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Hicks is more of a liability on the field at this point

Buddy333
11-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Does this honestly surprise anyone? I'm a big fan of his but he has major issues this season. Even if he could make it past the foot he can't make it past the knee. I said he was done a few weeks ago and caught the wrath of many. Then I said they should sit him when he said he was ok and again the board was mad. Maybe he could possibly be better bye end of the season, but now he is hurting and only making it worse by playing. He has been invisible since he came back and you have to know teams are aware he is a shell of himself right now. He scares no one right now. That's why they are getting more physical with Cruz and they don't have a great #3 WR threat.

BigBlue wins
11-07-2012, 03:15 PM

Who is Hicks???

Rudyy
11-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Who is Hicks???Hakeem Nicks..Hicks.

Buddy333
11-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Hicks is their new WR. Part Nicks, part Hixon. He's going to be great.

sharick88
11-07-2012, 03:19 PM
He's injured 90% of the time. It's not his fault. It's just how he is. His lack of durability will cost him millions when he hits the open market

sharick88
11-07-2012, 03:21 PM

Are you Jon Gruden? He always says that and thinks that Jason Tuck in on our DLine. LOL

ImElectric2
11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Hicks is their new WR. Part Nicks, part Hixon. He's going to be great.And he's as injured as nicks and Hixon combined. So all the talent in the world soaking in a tub.

stormblue
11-07-2012, 03:23 PM
if they would have just sat him down and let him heal 100%
like everybody (except the Nicks super homers) suggested
in the beginning of the year...he'd be killer to start after the bye.
same with Bradshaw.

but noooooooo!!

dezzzR
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
I knew we shouldnt have rushed him. dammit..Although i do like getting a glimps of our wr depth every now and then.
We should rest Bradshaw too. We have the talent to compete while they nurse their injuries.

stormblue
11-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Hakeem Nicks..Hicks.

"Nicked" actually.....more often than not.

Cloud57
11-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Are you Jon Gruden? He always says that and thinks that Jason Tuck in on our DLine. LOL

What are you talking about? Jason Tuck IS on our Dline along with Justin Pierre Paul

Buddy333
11-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Maybe it wouldn't have helped, but I said before the 49er game that maybe they should have sat him. He has done nothing since coming back and I'm not hating on him. He is not healthy. When healthy I consider him one of the best WR's in the game. He should not play another down of football until he is really healthy. Right now I would rather see Randle get his reps.

Rusty192
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Hakeem Nicks..Hicks.No I think people just don't pay attention to stuff.

IT'S NICKS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT RIGHT!

bklyn1028
11-07-2012, 03:46 PM
What are you talking about? Jason Tuck IS on our Dline along with Justin Pierre Paul

Yeah, the same with Michael Kiwanuka and Mathias Boley.....hey throw in Eli Carr and David Manning also....I also think Tom Gilbride should start Reuben Barden, but Kevin Coughlin doesn't think so...this might have to go down to the wire with John Tisch and Steve Mara....

YATittle1962
11-07-2012, 03:52 PM

I cannot believe this mistake is still made on a regular basis

Buddy333
11-07-2012, 03:57 PM
It could have just been a typo. The H and N are close to each other on the keyboard.

bklyn1028
11-07-2012, 04:06 PM
It could have just been a typo. The H and N are close to each other on the keyboard.

They're up an down, not right and left.....but it's understandable i think.

titwio
11-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I cannot believe this mistake is still made on a regular basis

It annoys me beyond belief.

bigblue999
11-07-2012, 05:29 PM
ESPN is reporting a knee problem...... Sigh.... http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8603118/hakeem-nicks-new-york-giants-wr-experiencing-swelling-knee

This is what happens when you keep playing a guys that's injuried. The rest of the WRs have to step up and they have. Why TC keeps playing half injuried players, I don't know. It will result in disaster. We have enough guys that have stepped up. David Wilson, should be on the field and plays draw up towards his strength. As long as killdrive is in charge, expect nothing like that.

Tmurda1984
11-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Maybe if Nicks stayed on the field a little longer, people would get his name right. But as soon as you get excited about Nicks, he's laid out on a trainer's table.

miked1958
11-07-2012, 08:07 PM
great....Eli needs big reps with Randle, Hixon, Cruz, Bennet, and I guess Barden if he plays....barden did great in those two games other then the PI call against him that lost us the Philly game. But coaches had no business throwing the ball in first place

Captain Chaos
11-07-2012, 08:09 PM
let him get healthy, we'll need to have him after the by!

Ruttiger711
11-07-2012, 08:23 PM
He's missed 6 total games in the 3 years prior. People act like he has an injury filled season like this one every year.

Eliscruzzz
11-07-2012, 08:42 PM
It sounds like he was just resting today I think he still might play on Sunday.

chizz
11-07-2012, 08:46 PM
perfect smh

JJC7301
11-07-2012, 08:51 PM
They need to rest him as long as they need to until he's hopefully 100%. And if he doesn't get back to 100%, then rest him anyway until you get closer to the end of the season and / or hopefully the playoffs.

They've got enough depth at WR to HOPEFULLY hold down the fort.

Rudyy
11-07-2012, 09:23 PM
They need to rest him as long as they need to until he's hopefully 100%. And if he doesn't get back to 100%, then rest him anyway until you get closer to the end of the season and / or hopefully the playoffs.

They've got enough depth at WR to HOPEFULLY hold down the fort.If Barden could just learn to get separation..sigh.

Diamondring
11-07-2012, 09:25 PM
He's injured 90% of the time. It's not his fault. It's just how he is. His lack of durability will cost him millions when he hits the open marketWow. Nothing goes good for us.

Cloud57
11-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Someone should tell these Giants players to drink more milk

Rudyy
11-07-2012, 09:53 PM
We should get Bugs Bunny to give our players "Secret Stuff".

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5Q6gj0W8sTM/TjmCRvDpBOI/AAAAAAAAAHs/zU35cUAWUbQ/s1600/mjsecret.jpg

Dwinsballgames
11-07-2012, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Rudyy;571016]We should get Bugs Bunny to give our players "Secret Stuff".

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5Q6gj0W8sTM/TjmCRvDpBOI/AAAAAAAAAHs/zU35cUAWUbQ/s1600/mjsecret.jpg[/QUOTE

then they can all get 4-game suspensions

Rudyy
11-07-2012, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=Rudyy;571016]We should get Bugs Bunny to give our players "Secret Stuff".

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5Q6gj0W8sTM/TjmCRvDpBOI/AAAAAAAAAHs/zU35cUAWUbQ/s1600/mjsecret.jpg[/QUOTE

then they can all get 4-game suspensionsOff of water.

Only Roger Goodell, only Roger Goodell..

.scrimmage.
11-07-2012, 10:08 PM
we need the bye so bad

Cloud57
11-07-2012, 10:13 PM
would the bye make a a lot of difference? players will injured again the following week

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 12:09 AM
I think he needs more than a bye week to get that knee right.

Overdrive92
11-08-2012, 12:14 AM
It sounds like he was just resting today I think he still might play on Sunday.

I think he will play. Hakeem is a gamer, and he knows he'll have 2 weeks to rest after this weekend. I think he'll play.

Will he be effective? That's another issue entirely.

CowboysSuck
11-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Nicks seems a bit off this year, I wonder what the deal is. Supposedly his foot has been healthy for a while now.

Its just counter-intuitive that his best game this year was while he was "just getting his feet under him" vs Tampa.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 12:17 AM
I really hope he doesn't play. He needs the rest. I'm not sure that a few weeks is even enough. His knee is clearly not healthy. Oh he may want to tough it out, but he is a non factor right now. I'd rather see Randle get his snaps. Let him get more experience.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 12:19 AM
I think he will play. Hakeem is a gamer, and he knows he'll have 2 weeks to rest after this weekend. I think he'll play.

Will he be effective? That's another issue entirely.I hope he is 100% because he is starting to be painful to watch...sometimes you'll see him make a great catch then you won't see him for the rest of the game. I think we could win this one without him so if he's not a 100% let him heel. Cause we all know he loves to play the Packers.

miked1958
11-08-2012, 12:34 AM
If they had just sat nicks another week or two despite what nicks himself was saying ( how he was good to go and had no setbacks and felt 100%) they wouldn't be in this predicament they are in now.

miked1958
11-08-2012, 12:34 AM
IMO they should sit him till the Monday night game against skins

bigblue58
11-08-2012, 08:52 AM

Yeah...what ever happened to Barden??? He has a breakout game and gets rewarded by hardly if ever seeing the field since!
Thats what ticks me off about Coughlin's stubborness.......leaving a guy 6'6 sitting on the bench when Eli was struggling.
Seems like Barden would be just the tonic a QB could use when his accuracy is a bit off. Put barden in and toss some high to where only he can go up to get them.
And what ever happened to the idea of using him in the Red Zone the way they used to utilize Plax's height advantage??
Is Coughlin even capable of thinking on the fly, and changing things up like that when the games are going down the toilet?
When Parcells needed to give the O a boost, he'd toss in a flea flicker to catch the D off guard..........Coughlin seems to avoid anything like that like it's the plague.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Sit him until the Falcons game. Don't play him this week to get another non productive game from him and only make his knee worse. If they can win without him this week that makes them 7-3 going into the bye. Then hopefully they can at least split the next two games because I don't see them beating the Saints. So if they went at least 1-2 after the bye they would be 8-5 with three games left. By that time we might see that 9-7 can win the division again. So bring him back against he Falcons. By that time the Falcons MIGHT have home field wrapped up. Maybe the Giants catch them sleeping.

miked1958
11-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah...what ever happened to Barden??? He has a breakout game and gets rewarded by hardly if ever seeing the field since!
Thats what ticks me off about Coughlin's stubborness.......leaving a guy 6'6 sitting on the bench when Eli was struggling.
Seems like Barden would be just the tonic a QB could use when his accuracy is a bit off. Put barden in and toss some high to where only he can go up to get them.
And what ever happened to the idea of using him in the Red Zone the way they used to utilize Plax's height advantage??
Is Coughlin even capable of thinking on the fly, and changing things up like that when the games are going down the toilet?
When Parcells needed to give the O a boost, he'd toss in a flea flicker to catch the D off guard..........Coughlin seems to avoid anything like that like it's the plague.That breakout game was against the Panthers at Carolina. I think he had over 10 catches for 138 or so. Then he had a decent game against Philly. Also kept the that last drive going by making the DB foul him i think twice getting automatic first downs. Now he did put us in a bad position with the Offensive PI. Looking at replays i dont think the DB could of picked it off but Ramses didnt know that and had to make sure it wasnt a game ending INT. However in all fairness i dont understand why the coaching staff would call a risky play like that throwing it deep where a lot can go wrong vs just getting in position for the winning FG. AB1 was open 8 or so yards down field for a dump off. He flips it to him and we win that game.

But you are right i dont understand not using him at all since then hardly when the WR corps as a whole has been struggling. shake things up. put him in there. use him in the redzone where we are PATHETIC....use the height advantage... i just dont get it with this team somtimes. i mean the kid has proven he can hold onto the ball. in those two games he made some fantastic grabs that were not easy catches.

Anyway this is my 10,000th POST and I am STILL ALL IN!!!!!!!!

Toadofsteel
11-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah, the same with Michael Kiwanuka and Mathias Boley.....hey throw in Eli Carr and David Manning also....I also think Tom Gilbride should start Reuben Barden, but Kevin Coughlin doesn't think so...this might have to go down to the wire with John Tisch and Steve Mara....

And then we can hear about it all day while Troy Buck and Joe Aikman commentate about our personnel decisions, until finally Paul Goodell has to bring in Roger Tagliabue to help him make decisions regarding the NFL again.

http://images.wikia.com/theamazingworldofgumball/images/1/18/Jackie-chan-meme.png