PDA

View Full Version : Safety Will Hill Returns From Suspension

RoanokeFan
11-07-2012, 06:45 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Safety-Will-Hill-returns-from-suspension/5c4575ea-941f-42cf-a8f4-d4aeb703370a

Excerpt: "Kenny Phillips will not play until Nov. 25 at the earliest.

The fifth-year safety won’t practice this week and will miss his sixth consecutive game with a knee injury Sunday when the Giants face the Bengals in Cincinnati.

“We’re going to try and rest him this week and then through the bye, and hopefully we can get him back,” coach Tom Coughlin said.

Phillips hurt his knee at Philadelphia on Sept. 30. He had practiced mostly on a limited basis the last two weeks and even declared he would play against Pittsburgh, but ultimately the decision was made that he was not ready to go. Now he’ll get another two weeks off with an eye toward returning against Green Bay after the bye.

Phillips’ absence could result in a rapid return for
Will Hill The first-year safety returned to practice today after serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances. The Giants currently have a one-week roster exemption for Hill, which expires Monday, although he can be added to the 53-man roster any time prior to Monday. The Giants would have to make a move to create a spot for Hill on the active roster.

“(The coaches) want to see how I am right now and if I lost a step or anything,” Hill said. “So I’m just waiting on the coaches to make their call.”

Hill played in the season’s first five games on special teams and as a reserve safety. He was credited with seven tackles (six solo) on defense and four unassisted tackles on defense. Hill said he worked hard to stay in shape during his suspension." Read more...

rtr1105
11-07-2012, 06:50 PM
It would be nice to have Hill back this Sunday. If Hosley continues to struggle in the nickel we always have Hill to use there. He did a good job as the nickel corner before going down. But activating him poses the question: who gets cut?

fourth&forever
11-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Welcome back Mr. Hill. I know your hits can provide a much needed injection of enthusiasm.

Eliscruzzz
11-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I know people love SB but I am really missing KP. If he was playjng I'm pretty sure these TE wouldn't be killing us but it will be nice to have Will Hill coming back so we can rotate DB and Hosley doesn't get burned out by the end of the game.

ebick
11-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Who goes?

CowboysSuck
11-07-2012, 11:50 PM
My vote is Diehl

CowboysSuck
11-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Seriously tho, Tryon?

Perhaps a sneaky move to put Ojomo on IR? Rivers to IR? Chase to IR?

Outright cut Beckum?

Good question.

Overdrive92
11-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Seriously tho, Tryon?

Perhaps a sneaky move to put Ojomo on IR? Rivers to IR? Chase to IR?

Outright cut Beckum?

Good question.

Tryon deserves to be cut, but we can't lose his depth. Otherwise we're down to 4 corners (Webster, Prince, Hosley, Coe).

I doubt they cut Beckum. The Giants love this guy, for no reason. He's another DJ Ware. Plus, they just canned Mitch Petrus to make room for him, and Pascoe is still hurt I believe.

So I have no idea who goes. IR Rocky Bernard? Cut Jernigan? No idea.

CowboysSuck
11-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Tryon deserves to be cut, but we can't lose his depth. Otherwise we're down to 4 corners (Webster, Prince, Hosley, Coe).

I doubt they cut Beckum. The Giants love this guy, for no reason. He's another DJ Ware. Plus, they just canned Mitch Petrus to make room for him, and Pascoe is still hurt I believe.

So I have no idea who goes. IR Rocky Bernard? Cut Jernigan? No idea.

Yeah, this should be interesting to watch unfold.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 12:18 AM
I like the idea of getting your best athletes on the field. Get him n the field.

miked1958
11-08-2012, 12:45 AM
I know people love SB but I am really missing KP. If he was playjng I'm pretty sure these TE wouldn't be killing us but it will be nice to have Will Hill coming back so we can rotate DB and Hosley doesn't get burned out by the end of the game.yes in last 2/3 games we have been just murdered over middle play after play after play by TEs.

GMenNY21
11-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Time to go Sash! Welcome back Will!

Rat_bastich
11-08-2012, 02:57 AM
yes in last 2/3 games we have been just murdered over middle play after play after play by TEs.

I would actually go all the way back to last year for this. For some reason they seem confused as to who is supposed to be plugging the middle, or directing traffic.

Antwuan
11-08-2012, 03:52 AM
Welcome Back Will Hill.

Captain Chaos
11-08-2012, 05:45 AM
I think Hill plays a solid nickel, can't wait to see him return...

jomo
11-08-2012, 07:48 AM
My vote is DiehlThis is not a vote of confidence for Diehl but our OL depth is the thinnest of any unit on the team. My guess (and vote) would be for Sash or Beckum to go.

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 09:09 AM
This is not a vote of confidence for Diehl but our OL depth is the thinnest of any unit on the team. My guess (and vote) would be for Sash or Beckum to go..

I think Beckum as long as Kenny Phillips return is still not certain