PDA

View Full Version : Warming the pine long enough, get them in!

bearbryant
11-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Watched Wilson do his penance for fumbling the ball, tc. OK, So, put the kid in their. Have you watched What Martin has been doing in TB? Wake tommy! While Nicks is still not 100% put the next guy up in, please, its killing us! While you're at it tell Eli I hope he hears the " POP" real soon, we need him back. While you're moving players around. Bernard for Kuhn, Locklear for DD and get Blackburn back out there otherwise play with 10 men on the D. Herlitz is lost. Go ahead and play the 3 safety set, I don't care ...It can't hurt. Whoever coached up Webby last week let him coach up Hosley and the entire ST. Webby was out to prove something last week!! Too bad no one else did! Go Giants!

byron
11-08-2012, 01:14 AM
As a fan I want the best players we have on the field every week ...And I have to hope that's what TC does... anything else would be incompetent.... jmho

dave56dj
11-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Chase is hurt not sure what the complaint is there. Hosley is a rookie learning under fire - webby has had his own struggles this year. Hill has played some nickel himself and may get another shot. Bernard was on a pitch count but at 100 percent he will be the third tackle into rotation - then kuhn.

Agreed on diehl. And would love to see at least 6/7 touches for Wilson.

Captain Chaos
11-08-2012, 05:56 AM
Chase is hurt not sure what the complaint is there. Hosley is a rookie learning under fire - webby has had his own struggles this year. Hill has played some nickel himself and may get another shot. Bernard was on a pitch count but at 100 percent he will be the third tackle into rotation - then kuhn.

+1

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Just because Martin is having a good rookie season it doesn't mean Wilson will too. From what I remember after the draft they said that Martin was the more pro ready RB. Bradshaw is a great blocker and while that's not an exciting thing to hear in the world of fantasy football it is extremely important. I agree about Nicks. He should sit at least a month. The only reason why Kuhn was playing is because Bernard was hurt. I agree about sitting Diehl but it will never happen. As much as I like TC he seems to just want Diehl. Blackburn was hurt.

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Watched Wilson do his penance for fumbling the ball, tc. OK, So, put the kid in their. Have you watched What Martin has been doing in TB? Wake tommy! While Nicks is still not 100% put the next guy up in, please, its killing us! While you're at it tell Eli I hope he hears the " POP" real soon, we need him back. While you're moving players around. Bernard for Kuhn, Locklear for DD and get Blackburn back out there otherwise play with 10 men on the D. Herlitz is lost. Go ahead and play the 3 safety set, I don't care ...It can't hurt. Whoever coached up Webby last week let him coach up Hosley and the entire ST. Webby was out to prove something last week!! Too bad no one else did! Go Giants!

If Wilson's absence from the offense were related to his fumbling, he wouldn't be be the kick returner. It's his blocking and pre-snap reads that are the main concern. He's being developed and he's a critical piece of the puzzle on Special Teams.

giantscolombia
11-08-2012, 09:42 AM
If Wilson's absence from the offense were related to his fumbling, he wouldn't be be the kick returner. It's his blocking and pre-snap reads that are the main concern. He's being developed and he's a critical piece of the puzzle on Special Teams.

as a middle of the line question sort of speak....

do you guys think that Martin would play as much here with the Giants as he plays in TB?

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 09:48 AM
as a middle of the line question sort of speak....

do you guys think that Martin would play as much here with the Giants as he plays in TB?

There's no way to answer that with any certainty. Who did Martin replace? What alternatives do they have? What is their philosophy?

Look at the Eagles for the past two season. They spent huge money on individual "stars" to create the Dream Team last year and where did that get them? Where are they this season?

Here, Wilson sits behind two other back in the offensive rotation but they keep him involved as the kick returner while they develop his offensive skill sets. Wilson is here to stay and his day in the sun will come.

TheAnalyst
11-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Martin was way more ready to play in the NFL then Wilson. If you think Wilson getting in the game more will make him look like Martin, you are completely wrong.

giantscolombia
11-08-2012, 10:00 AM
There's no way to answer that with any certainty. Who did Martin replace? What alternatives do they have? What is their philosophy?

Look at the Eagles for the past two season. They spent huge money on individual "stars" to create the Dream Team last year and where did that get them? Where are they this season?

Here, Wilson sits behind two other back in the offensive rotation but they keep him involved as the kick returner while they develop his offensive skill sets. Wilson is here to stay and his day in the sun will come.

come to think about it you are completely right. i mean like i said its not like im trying to call out Wilson or the Giants for not playing him. The bucs didnt have anything except for Martin.

In the long run i hope Wilson becomes the better player obviously, right now there is no dire need to drop him in. i would rather wait it out and hope he is groomed into a beast... he's definitely showing some flashes.

TheAnalyst
11-08-2012, 10:03 AM
come to think about it you are completely right. i mean like i said its not like im trying to call out Wilson or the Giants for not playing him. The bucs didnt have anything except for Martin.

In the long run i hope Wilson becomes the better player obviously, right now there is no dire need to drop him in. i would rather wait it out and hope he is groomed into a beast... he's definitely showing some flashes.

LaGarret Blount and DJ Ware. Martin is just way better then Wilson right now. Bradshaw got hurt and we used Andre Brown and Scott over Wilson.

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 10:05 AM

You just can't look at two teams and suggest one could do what the other does because they are not close to being the same.

ANON837
11-08-2012, 10:06 AM

Damn 6 to 7 touches. Double that amount. The kid has skills. I'm sure Gilbride can come up with a package of plays that will utilize his speed and elusiveness. Let him run the edges or catch a pass out in the flat. You got 'em, play 'em. If they are active on game day, get them involved.

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Damn 6 to 7 touches. Double that amount. The kid has skills. I'm sure Gilbride can come up with a package of plays that will utilize his speed and elusiveness. Let him run the edges or catch a pass out in the flat. You got 'em, play 'em. If they are active on game day, get them involved.

It's not that simple for a running back when they are an integral part of keeping Eli upright. BEFORE then can take a handoff and/or take a route in the passing game, they have to know when a blitz is coming and make their block first.

Mercury
11-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Last game we didn't get enough first downs to get Wilson playing time. He isn't going to go from bench to starter. We need more offensive snaps in order to give him more snaps.

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Last game we didn't get enough first downs to get Wilson playing time. He isn't going to go from bench to starter. We need more offensive snaps in order to give him more snaps.

The good news last week is Brown got a few more snaps which could be a sign they are considering sharing more of Bradshaw's load

ANON837
11-08-2012, 10:22 AM
It's not that simple for a running back when they are an integral part of keeping Eli upright. BEFORE then can take a handoff and/or take a route in the passing game, they have to know when a blitz is coming and make their block first.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want him in there for 3rd and 15 when the D knows its going to be a pass and they pin their ears back. Eli won't last the game. Deliberate runs or screens. Get him in there after a few big plays that keeps the back 7 off the line. Just mix it up a little to get his feet wet. You can only do so much in practice.

giantscolombia
11-08-2012, 10:23 AM
LaGarret Blount and DJ Ware. Martin is just way better then Wilson right now. Bradshaw got hurt and we used Andre Brown and Scott over Wilson.

LaGarret blunt is more of a bruiser imo, and DJ ware is DJ ware; he was cut by us. IMO they had a need at RB... maybe that's why Martin is playing...

giantscolombia
11-08-2012, 10:25 AM
You just can't look at two teams and suggest one could do what the other does because they are not close to being the same.

In perspective- i know there is a lot of IF's and BUT's...

do you think if Martin would have landed with the Giants we would be doing the same thing we are doing with Wilson. Or would it be more of what that other dude was saying- Doug Martin is more NFL ready.

RagTime Blue
11-08-2012, 10:37 AM
With the exception of the touchdown run (which was a FANTASTIC play on DW's part), Wilson has not looked good from scrimmage.

When I see Wilson line up for a play from scrimmage, I don't get filled with confidence.

I think he will be a very good player in this league, but it just doesn't seem like he's ready yet.

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 10:45 AM
In perspective- i know there is a lot of IF's and BUT's...

do you think if Martin would have landed with the Giants we would be doing the same thing we are doing with Wilson. Or would it be more of what that other dude was saying- Doug Martin is more NFL ready.

I honestly don't know enough about Martin to offer an opinion

BlueReign
11-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Diehl needs to be the backup. His play was atrocious. Herz will learn, but Chase is injured anyway so that's a moot point.

Toadofsteel
11-08-2012, 11:36 AM
With the exception of the touchdown run (which was a FANTASTIC play on DW's part), Wilson has not looked good from scrimmage.

Thing is, that TD run was perfectly set up. Out of a power i, Bennett (lined up on the right side) cut inside Locklear to double the DT while Hynocerous absolutely TRUCKED the linebacker. And then Wilson was off to the races. Jabba the Hutt could have run through the resulting hole. Not a knock on Wilson at all, once he took off, there was no stopping him. But it was a perfectly set up blocking scheme. If DD were in at RT instead of Locklear, he wouldn't have won his 1-on-1 with the DE, Bennett would have had to stay in to block the DE, and whichever of the DT or the linebacker went unblocked by Hynocerous would have tackled Wilson at the LOS.

TL;DR: we need DD to step down as a starter...

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Don't get me wrong. I don't want him in there for 3rd and 15 when the D knows its going to be a pass and they pin their ears back. Eli won't last the game. Deliberate runs or screens. Get him in there after a few big plays that keeps the back 7 off the line. Just mix it up a little to get his feet wet. You can only do so much in practice.

The problem with that is the predictability factor rises exponentially

JesseJames
11-08-2012, 12:13 PM
if Wilson is in the backfield the defense is going to set up to stop him because they will be sure its a run play and that has to open up the passing game and if the get burned by a big pass play that will help out Wilson for a run play and that changes the predictability factor..