PDA

View Full Version : Question about Spags

jhamburg
12-19-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't know the inside history as much as some here might, but my question is:

If we were trying to lure Spags back as DC, would Coughlin as HC make him more or less likely to come here? As opposed to an unnamed replacement HC.

repeatchamps
12-19-2011, 05:56 PM
I don't know the inside history as much as some here might, but my question is: If we were trying to lure Spags back as DC, would Coughlin as HC make him more or less likely to come here? As opposed to an unnamed replacement HC.</P>

He has more of a chance to become head coach here sooner than anywhere else even if he were to be just Defensive Coordinator again at first. If anyone thinks a team that needs a head coach vacancy filled this offseason will hire him right away after being fired by the Rams they are in a fantasy land.</P>

jhamburg
12-19-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't know the inside history as much as some here might, but my question is: If we were trying to lure Spags back as DC, would Coughlin as HC make him more or less likely to come here? As opposed to an unnamed replacement HC.</P>

He has more of a chance to become head coach here sooner than anywhere else even if he were to be just Defensive Coordinator again at first. If anyone thinks a team that needs a head coach vacancy filled this offseason will hire him right away after being fired by the Rams they are in a fantasy land.</P>

Ok I see that angle, but presumably if Coughlin isn't fired they will work together for at least one season. Do we have reason to believe Spags has a better or worse working relationships with Coughlin vs. Reid?