12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
i think this is what needs to be done

Redeyejedi
12-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Gruden signed an exclusive agreement contract with ESPN he isnt coaching

blueNorange
12-19-2011, 04:58 PM
i'm sure all coaches/managers in all sports who signs contracts with networks have an opt out clause

repeatchamps
12-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Gruden signed an exclusive agreement contract with ESPN he isnt coaching</P>

It is in no way exclusive inthe sense that if the guy wants to become a head coach again he will be allowed to do so. No way ESPN will force him to stay on board. They won't want that reputation.</P>

KillaRich
12-19-2011, 05:00 PM

Yes this is what prevents a coach from a COACHING oppurtunity....... cmon bro really.... he has to make sure he has a job

Joe Morrison
12-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Everyone seems to forget that Gruden inherited Dungys team that was already a playoff contender, he lucks out and get to play his old team the raiders in the superbowl and gets a ring, that manges to destroy the bucs and leave them in the gutter, sorry, I like him on ESPN, not on the Giants sideline.

Drez
12-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Everyone seems to forget that Gruden inherited Dungys team that was already a playoff contender, he lucks out and get to play his old team the raiders in the superbowl and gets a ring, that manges to destroy the bucs and leave them in the gutter, sorry, I like him on ESPN, not on the Giants sideline.</P>

This.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-19-2011, 05:06 PM
i think this is what needs to be done

na i don't want to touch Gruden. Hes even starting to annoy me just listening to him once a week

i can't imagine him being our HC

MattMeyerBud
12-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Everyone seems to forget that Gruden inherited Dungys team that was already a playoff contender, he lucks out and get to play his old team the raiders in the superbowl and gets a ring, that manges to destroy the bucs and leave them in the gutter, sorry, I like him on ESPN, not on the Giants sideline.</p>

This.</p>

ye abut it was also his team that he just left in the superbowl

EDIT: also wasn't the year before in his last year in Oakland the Tuck rule game? Oakland was in the AFC championship i think. I may be way off on that

Drez
12-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Everyone seems to forget that Gruden inherited Dungys team that was already a playoff contender, he lucks out and get to play his old team the raiders in the superbowl and gets a ring, that manges to destroy the bucs and leave them in the gutter, sorry, I like him on ESPN, not on the Giants sideline.</P>

This.</P>

EDIT: also wasn't the year before in his last year in Oakland the Tuck rule game? Oakland was in the AFC championship i think. I may be way off on that
</P>

I think you're right, but I still think Gruden is either the most overrated (or second most overrated next to Fisher) coach on the sidelines.</P>

There's just something I don't like about him as a coach, even though I can't quite put my finger on it. If we were to go with a re-tread, I'd rather go with Cowher or even Billick (though I still want to punch him in the balls for his pre-SB comment about the Giants).</P>

BlueSanta
12-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Everyone seems to forget that Gruden inherited Dungys team that was already a playoff contender, he lucks out and get to play his old team the raiders in the superbowl and gets a ring, that manges to destroy the bucs and leave them in the gutter, sorry, I like him on ESPN, not on the Giants sideline.

Absolutely.

I have no idea why people want Gruden. Is it because he is likeable on TV?

Because I am not sure there people are doing their research at all. Gruden had completely lost his team by the time he left Tampa. Look at the public comments by his former players and they ALL credit Dungy and monte Kiffin for the SB and not Gruden. Sapp has been the most vocal.

Gruden, but the time he left Tampa, had completely lost his players. He had disputes with his starting QB(Jeff Garcia) that got extremely ugly and public.

Most notably, he had public and repeated disuputes with his GM Rich McKay culminating in McKay being fired in favor of Grudens friend(who was later fired with Gruden). McKay went on to Atlanta to do an amazing job rebuilding that team post Vick scandal.

People who go public with their problems are a bad fit for NY. Gruden likes the camera too much, he loves getting a quote in the pars, and he isnt even that good a coach.

I would be very upset if we picked him.

Joe Morrison
12-19-2011, 05:19 PM

This.</P>

</P>

I think you're right, but I still think Gruden is either the most overrated (or second most overrated next to Fisher) coach on the sidelines.</P>

There's just something I don't like about him as a coach, even though I can't quite put my finger on it. If we were to go with a re-tread, I'd rather go with Cowher or even Billick (though I still want to punch him in the balls for his pre-SB comment about the Giants).</P>

</P>

Was he the coach or the OC with the Raiders, I really don't remember, not trying to be funny.</P>

Drez
12-19-2011, 05:33 PM

This.</P>

</P>

</P>

Was he the coach or the OC with the Raiders, I really don't remember, not trying to be funny.</P>

</P>

I think Callahan was technically the OC, but I'd imagine it was a very similar situation to NO, where Carmichael is the OC, but Payton is really the one in charge of things.</P>

Redeyejedi
12-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Gruden signed an exclusive agreement contract with ESPN he isnt coaching Yes this is what prevents a coach from a COACHING oppurtunity....... cmon bro really.... he has to make sure he has a jobWell most contracts have an escape clause for coaching jobs.The first one he signed with them did. This one doesnt.</P>

Anyway No I wouldnt want Gruden to be the Giants coach. No retreads. The one thing I do find intersting though with Gruden is that he said he would install a Spread Offense if he coached again.</P>

BlueBlitzer
12-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Well He's a West Coast disciple. ( Bill Walsh ), That in itself makes me say no.

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 06:51 PM

Absolutely.

Because I am not sure there people are doing their research at all. Gruden had completely lost his team by the time he left Tampa. Look at the public comments by his former players and they ALL credit Dungy and monte Kiffin for the SB and not Gruden. Sapp has been the most vocal.

Gruden, but the time he left Tampa, had completely lost his players. He had disputes with his starting QB(Jeff Garcia) that got extremely ugly and public.

Most notably,* he** had public and repeated disuputes with his GM Rich McKay culminating in McKay being fired in favor of Grudens friend(who was later fired with Gruden). McKay went on to Atlanta to do an amazing job rebuilding that team post Vick scandal.

People who go public with their problems are a bad fit for NY. Gruden likes the camera too much, he loves getting a quote in the pars,* and he isnt* even that good a coach.

I completely disagree.

Gruden took a doormat franchise with the Raiders and turned them into a powerhouse.

Dungy was overrated....he couldn't get the job done in Tampa, and wouldn't have gotten it done in Indy without Peyton.

Gruden took the Bucs to the Super Bowl and won with a no-name QB.

When Gruden was with the Raiders, he had Gannon playing like he was Drew Brees. They should have beaten Brady, except for one of the worst calls in NFL history.

Gruden with Eli Manning + Jack Del Rio or Spags as DC......Championship!!!

Redeyejedi
12-19-2011, 06:56 PM

Absolutely.

Most notably, he had public and repeated disuputes with his GM Rich McKay culminating in McKay being fired in favor of Grudens friend(who was later fired with Gruden). McKay went on to Atlanta to do an amazing job rebuilding that team post Vick scandal.

People who go public with their problems are a bad fit for NY. Gruden likes the camera too much, he loves getting a quote in the pars, and he isnt even that good a coach.

I completely disagree. Gruden took a doormat franchise with the Raiders and turned them into a powerhouse. Dungy was overrated....he couldn't get the job done in Tampa, and wouldn't have gotten it done in Indy without Peyton. Gruden took the Bucs to the Super Bowl and won with a no-name QB. When Gruden was with the Raiders, he had Gannon playing like he was Drew Brees. They should have beaten Brady, except for one of the worst calls in NFL history. Gruden with Eli Manning + Jack Del Rio or Spags as DC......Championship!!!I admit watching Eli run a spread offense would be interesting

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 07:10 PM

Absolutely.

Most notably,* he** had public and repeated disuputes with his GM Rich McKay culminating in McKay being fired in favor of Grudens friend(who was later fired with Gruden). McKay went on to Atlanta to do an amazing job rebuilding that team post Vick scandal.

People who go public with their problems are a bad fit for NY. Gruden likes the camera too much, he loves getting a quote in the pars,* and he isnt* even that good a coach.

I completely disagree. Gruden took a doormat franchise with the Raiders and turned them into a powerhouse. Dungy was overrated....he couldn't get the job done in Tampa, and wouldn't have gotten it done in Indy without Peyton. Gruden took the Bucs to the Super Bowl and won with a no-name QB. When Gruden was with the Raiders, he had Gannon playing like he was Drew Brees. They should have beaten Brady, except for one of the worst calls in NFL history. Gruden with Eli Manning + Jack Del Rio or Spags as DC......Championship!!!I admit watching Eli run a spread offense would be interesting*

It's more than that. Gruden would be up all night figuring out ways for his offense to surprise the other team. He would have far better weapons than at Oakland or Tampa. He'd turn the team into a buzzsaw on offense, and then he'd turn over the defense to someone who terrorize the QB.

Gruden would drool at the chance to work with a Manning at QB, in the Big Apple. He knows he could enter Don Shula territory if he won another championship.

Gruden.....with the NY Giants and Eli Manning.....it would TOTALLY happen if Mara made the call.

bashful
12-19-2011, 07:12 PM

How much would you like to bet he would take the job in a heart beat. Contract with ESPN or not. He has said there are only two reasons he would go back to coaching and their both manning's.</P>

bleedinblue27
12-19-2011, 07:13 PM
i think this is what needs to be done</P>

NO..... now shut up!</P>

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 07:18 PM

How much would you like to bet he would take the job in a heart beat.* Contract with ESPN or not. He has said there are only two reasons he would go back to coaching and their both manning's.</P>

Gruden would be a killer replacement. Tons of energy, great ideas, and someone who would totally shake up this moribund roster.

daynemustgo
12-19-2011, 07:38 PM

How much would you like to bet he would take the job in a heart beat.* Contract with ESPN or not. He has said there are only two reasons he would go back to coaching and their both manning's.</P>

Gruden would be a killer replacement. Tons of energy, great ideas, and someone who would totally shake up this moribund roster.

I agree. He's not my first choice but he would be an excellent fit. Let's not forget the state of the jags when coughlin left...not exactly firing on all cylinders.

Anyone who's catch phrase is "pound the rock" would be a nice contrast to air gilbride.

Gianthunter
12-19-2011, 07:44 PM
It is Christmas continue with the wishcasting.

Drez
12-19-2011, 07:58 PM

How much would you like to bet he would take the job in a heart beat. Contract with ESPN or not. He has said there are only two reasons he would go back to coaching and their both manning's.</P>

Gruden would be a killer replacement. Tons of energy, great ideas, and someone who would totally shake up this moribund roster. I agree. He's not my first choice but he would be an excellent fit. Let's not forget the state of the jags when coughlin left...not exactly firing on all cylinders. Anyone who's catch phrase is "pound the rock" would be a nice contrast to air gilbride.</P>

Do you honestly think that Gruden would run more than TC/KG?</P>

Really?</P>