PDA

View Full Version : Bengals announce Sundays game vs Giants is blacked out

njg85m
11-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Per Giants 101 on FB.

Sounds like any fans in the OH area will need to adjust their plans to see Sundays game...

Toadofsteel
11-08-2012, 01:21 PM
bahahahaha

TheEnigma
11-08-2012, 01:22 PM
They're more Buckeyes fans anyway.

njg85m
11-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I definitely feel bad for the area fans to be honest.
That would really suck to constantly wonder whether or not your team is going to be televised week-to-week.

Actually, wait about 3 years and our local Jests fans will probably be in the same predicament.

njg85m
11-08-2012, 01:31 PM
One comment on FB caught my attention:

Love him or hate him, Ochocinco would buy those tickets to make sure those games weren't blacked out in Cincy. Sucks for Giants fans out that way.

lol...so true.

GameTime
11-08-2012, 01:36 PM
I definitely feel bad for the area fans to be honest.
That would really suck to constantly wonder whether or not your team is going to be televised week-to-week.

Actually, wait about 3 years and our local Jests fans will probably be in the same predicament.
nah....the Jets already buy out their tix if their are left overs...:)

njg85m
11-08-2012, 01:37 PM
nah....the Jets already buy out their tix if their are left overs...:)

Good point, I forgot about that.

BlueJayC
11-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Road tripping it out there tomorrow.....still trying to find out where to sit as there are a ton of tickets still available.....

Think them blacking out the game will drive ticket prices up or down by the end of the day?

njg85m
11-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Road tripping it out there tomorrow.....still trying to find out where to sit as there are a ton of tickets still available.....

Think them blacking out the game will drive ticket prices up or down by the end of the day?

Not sure what the rules are. If the blackout can be reversed based on ticket sales thru Sunday then Id say obviously the prices will go way way down. But if the blackout is set in stone, I don't see prices moving.

Anyone know what the rules/laws are when something is declared blacked out? Can it be reversed?

TheAnalyst
11-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Sad. Hey NJ / NY Giants fans, time to make a weekend trip and get away from the damage again. Although, not sure there is too much to do in Cincy.

njg85m
11-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Sad. Hey NJ / NY Giants fans, time to make a weekend trip and get away from the damage again. Although, not sure there is too much to do in Cincy.

Just looked on stubhub and they have tix on the 50, 18 rows up on the giants sideline for ~100 and change.
Wish I didn't have a dinner Saturday night otherwise I definitely would take the drive too.
How many members do we have going already?

BlueJayC
11-08-2012, 02:10 PM
That's nothing.....ticket broker in Cincy basically giving seats away.....only a 5% charge too - http://www.333seat.com/sports/nfl/bengals_tickets.htm

Right now I'm eyeing up three aisle seats on the 45 with a parking pass for 2 bills total.....taxes/surcharges included......wish you could get Cincy prices in East Rutherford.

njg85m
11-08-2012, 02:20 PM
That's nothing.....ticket broker in Cincy basically giving seats away.....only a 5% charge too - http://www.333seat.com/sports/nfl/bengals_tickets.htm

Right now I'm eyeing up three aisle seats on the 45 with a parking pass for 2 bills total.....taxes/surcharges included......wish you could get Cincy prices in East Rutherford.

Thanks for the link, those prices are insane. And hey, as far as tix prices go you gotta remember that there are some downsides to winning the Super Bowl :)

Dogg
11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Holy crap!!!! I live in Ohio and I have the Sunday ticket just so that I can watch every Giants game... If it's not on the ticket...I'm gonna be pissed off

Dogg
11-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Yes, I'm a Buckley fan....but!!!! The Giants come first around my house...G-MEN!!!!!

PBTimmons
11-08-2012, 03:05 PM
So if you are NOT from NY and you have direcTV will the game be blacked out?

That would suck.

njg85m
11-08-2012, 03:10 PM
So if you are NOT from NY and you have direcTV will the game be blacked out?

That would suck.

No.
Only effects local networks in OH. Not local networks in NY/NJ that are broadcasting the game

Here is an explanation of how blackouts effect DirecTV users:
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=2500002

giantsforce
11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Per Giants 101 on FB.

Sounds like any fans in the OH area will need to adjust their plans to see Sundays game...Good thing that there is this thing called the Internet! Haven't missed a game yet due to any black out. I really enjoy watching footbal games sometimes on Skysports from England. The stream is also in HD most of the time so it is good quality picture. Everytime the stations here cut to commercial, they do not show it but they have 3 "analysts" talk about the game. 2 of them are Britts and the other most of the time are ex-NFL players. It is interesting to see their take on the game. I have to say they are pretty objective and knowledgable.

Overdrive92
11-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Not sure what the rules are. If the blackout can be reversed based on ticket sales thru Sunday then Id say obviously the prices will go way way down. But if the blackout is set in stone, I don't see prices moving.

Anyone know what the rules/laws are when something is declared blacked out? Can it be reversed?

A stadium must be 85% sold out in order to not be blacked out.

If a game is blacked out, it cannot be reversed. So says the rule. However, the NFL has allowed it to be reversed a few times, so they're not overly strict about it.

If the Bengals can't sell out a game against the defending champs, then heaven help that team.

Captain Chaos
11-09-2012, 05:08 AM
Blacked out, I thought that only happened in San Diego....

Rat_bastich
11-09-2012, 05:14 AM
A stadium must be 85% sold out in order to not be blacked out.

If a game is blacked out, it cannot be reversed. So says the rule. However, the NFL has allowed it to be reversed a few times, so they're not overly strict about it.

If the Bengals can't sell out a game against the defending champs, then heaven help that team.

And, also has to be sold out 72 hours prior.

giantscolombia
11-09-2012, 08:46 AM
I've been dying to go to a Giants game and this year they finally came to NC but prices were ridiculous!! like $500 for seats the upper endzone...

reading on this blackout thing... and seing the ticket prices in STUBHUB for like $60.00 bucks on the sideline!!! is it worth the 7 hour drive there and back?

is that like insanely cheap for a ticket in that particular location?

BlueJayC
11-09-2012, 08:52 AM
I've been dying to go to a Giants game and this year they finally came to NC but prices were ridiculous!! like $500 for seats the upper endzone...

reading on this blackout thing... and seing the ticket prices in STUBHUB for like $60.00 bucks on the sideline!!! is it worth the 7 hour drive there and back?

is that like insanely cheap for a ticket in that particular location?

Trekking it from Jersey....about 10 hours.....hope it's worth it.

Forget Stubhub......they charge ridiculous surcharges......go through this place: http://www.333seat.com/sports/nfl/bengals_tickets.htm

Nice guys on the phone....cheaper prices and the surcharge is next to nothing......you can pick tickets up the day of or Saturday.....office is right across from the Stadium -

The Bengals regular face value prices are cheap too......lower sidelines between the 40's are only $85 face.....unreal.....

We finally settled on two aisle seats in the 5th row on the 30 yard line lower level for 2 bills......total....meaning $100/seat......ridiculously awesome.....will spend more in gas than in ticket prices.....