PDA

View Full Version : Can we just go ahead and

shane4177
11-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Release Keith Rivers!!!! Is it really worth it to have this guy come out and play decently for one game, only to have him go down to injury for 3 games?! I think we should ditch Rivers to keep Hill. At least we only wasted a 5th round pick on Keith.....

Cloud57
11-08-2012, 02:34 PM
he's gone next year

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 02:39 PM
He has loads of talent but I think we now know why he came so cheap. He just can't stay healthy.

rainierjef
11-08-2012, 02:44 PM
A lot of people were high on giving up a 5th rounder for him. Some were even scouting him since his USC days an while he was playing in Cincy and the fact that he was a 1st round pick 5 years ago or so. Could of had either Vick ballard or Alfred morris with that pick, not saying that we needed another back but just saying could of had either the two.

flame away.

dave56dj
11-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Not sure why we would let him go now - there is no one to replace him - healthy or not. The guy still flashes great talent - id rather keep him and see if he can put together a nice second half then call up a scrub who wont play anyway. If there was a stud LB behind him I;d understand this thread - but right now it just sounds like impatience.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Not sure why we would let him go now - there is no one to replace him - healthy or not. The guy still flashes great talent - id rather keep him and see if he can put together a nice second half then call up a scrub who wont play anyway. If there was a stud LB behind him I;d understand this thread - but right now it just sounds like impatience.this^^^

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Release Keith Rivers!!!! Is it really worth it to have this guy come out and play decently for one game, only to have him go down to injury for 3 games?! I think we should ditch Rivers to keep Hill. At least we only wasted a 5th round pick on Keith.....

Why would you do that now?

Mercury
11-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Chris Canty didn't have a good first year in NY.

shane4177
11-08-2012, 03:10 PM
he's gone next year

Why wait till next year....he is a waste of a roster spot.

shane4177
11-08-2012, 03:11 PM
He flashes yes......but cannot stay on the field. What good is he to us if he can't stay healthy enough to make a play?! What good is the depth, if the depth is non-existant?

TheEnigma
Well, he makes about $2mil this year which isn't really enough to separate from and then make a move with that money this season. I'm sure he will be gone next year or return to us with a more team friendly contract.

Eliscruzzz
Why wait till next year....he is a waste of a roster spot.Who's out there if you give a name I could tell you if it's a good idea.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Cause with the injuries at lb we have now.... how can we just release with out getting something in return?

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 03:47 PM
He flashes yes......but cannot stay on the field. What good is he to us if he can't stay healthy enough to make a play?! What good is the depth, if the depth is non-existant?

Would you suggest getting rid of Nicks and Phillips since they've missed games as well? Rivers is better than average when he's on the field and, as others have pointed out, who will you replace him with?

MattMeyerBud
11-08-2012, 06:25 PM
A lot of people were high on giving up a 5th rounder for him. Some were even scouting him since his USC days an while he was playing in Cincy and the fact that he was a 1st round pick 5 years ago or so. Could of had either Vick ballard or Alfred morris with that pick, not saying that we needed another back but just saying could of had either the two.

flame away.

you could of played that game with any draft pick the giants ever had, its ridiculous to do so.

5th rounder is definitly worth the gamble and I am not sure that hes out of the picture yet. Keep in mind Chase Blackburn wasn't signed until week 12 last year and then exploded on to the scene. IF Rivers could ever stay healthy or even be reasonable healthy he could be worth it.

I'd rather roll the dice wtih him than hanging on to a guy like Gerris Wilkinson like we did for years (yes, it all comes back to GWilk)