PDA

View Full Version : Antrel on A.J. Green

Rudyy
11-08-2012, 03:35 PM
@Giants_101: Antrel Rolle on A.J. Green: "I'll talk with my pads" and "If he sees me, he better duck." #nyg #giants #bengals

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 03:38 PM
So Green will now have maybe 200 yards receiving with 2 TD's. Way to go Rolle.

PBTimmons
11-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I hope Antrel gives Green a little chin music on Sunday. It would be nice to have opposing WRs fear someone in our secondary.

DOIT!

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 03:41 PM
No WR fears the Giants defense.

TheEnigma
11-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Moving past the whole "shut up and play" mantra, it seems awfully silly for a safety of Rolle's talent to trash talk A.J. Green.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I hope rolle does destroy this kid.. he took a swipe at our defense right or not he did. If Rolle wants to say this I'm perfectly fine with it.

dave56dj
11-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Rolle has always talked - always. If thats extra motivation for arguably the best wideout in the league so be it - but the guy is already amazing his words wont do much. Green took a shot at our D (maybe rightly so) but heres our chance to let that motivate us. Nothing new here from Rolle.

Cloud57
11-08-2012, 03:47 PM
No WR fears the Giants defense.

no one fears a soft defense

TheEnigma
11-08-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't know...I think Green simply made an observation on our defense and stated how there are a lot of ways to move the ball on them. If the defense views that as trash talk and it somehow motivates them more, so be it.

dave56dj
11-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Umm there is no one in this league who plays defense who likes to hear there are holes in their unit - yes it was an observation but certainly a pointed one that any defender would not like - TRUE OR NOT.

TheEnigma
11-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Umm there is no one in this league who plays defense who likes to hear there are holes in their unit - yes it was an observation but certainly a pointed one that any defender would not like - TRUE OR NOT.

I never said that the defense shouldn't be upset about what he said but my view is simply that it was an observation and analysis as opposed to what Rolle said in response which is simply trash talk. If Eli said he saw opportunities against the Bengals at MLB, it would be a fact since they are weak there.

njg85m
11-08-2012, 04:12 PM
When did our players start thinking that 'stating that you are not going to say something but then actually saying something' counts as not saying anything?

Seriously, just say nothing period. When you make vague statements about how you aren't going to make statements it makes you look like a clown. We're not the Jets.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 04:16 PM
When did our players start thinking that 'stating that you are not going to say something but then actually saying something' counts as not saying anything?

Seriously, just say nothing period. When you make vague statements about how you aren't going to make statements it makes you look like a clown. We're not the Jets.No one was complaining last year when Rolle called out some players....it's just the way Rolle is. I have a feeling he will back it up this Sunday.

dave56dj
11-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Rolle always talks stuff - get over it.

As for Green yes he was making an observation but make no mistake he knows saying something like that will go up on a bulletin board. It wasn't just an aww shucks moment. Totally fine for him to do it and im not saying he was out of line at all - just saying it wasn't a vanilla statement - it will tweak people and he knows this,.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah Rolle is going to be Rolle, but they have not stopped anyone recently and really the defense has only played two good games this year. One against the Panthers and another against the 49ers.

BlueReign
11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
What did you want Green to say? That they have no chance? No, he said what he believed and there's nothing wrong with that, and in fact, he's right. Witten and Miller had their way with us two weeks in a row, Miles Austin and Dez had a decent day, Mike Wallace found holes; these holes exist. Rolle shouldn't speak, just play because quite frankly, where's the pass D at?

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah Rolle is going to be Rolle, but they have not stopped anyone recently and really the defense has only played two good games this year. One against the Panthers and another against the 49ers.So what.... Rolle is not a cb and just because he is talking doesn't mean AJ is going to go off.. Jezz I guess football players should just be robots. Who cares he said he was going to put a helmet on him and I hope he does. It's ok when the other team talks but when someone on our team does he has to shut up.Also it doesn't matter if AJ was right, he can say what ever he wants but if you don't think that would piss any defensive player off then I don't know what to tell you.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Just because he isn't a CB doesn't mean he is not responsible for the secondary getting torched. Green will eat this secondary up all day unless they suddenly become a different team or the pass rush goes off. Don't think either will happen. Hopefully he offense wakes up and they win a shoot out.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Just because he isn't a CB doesn't mean he is not responsible for the secondary getting torched. Green will eat this secondary up all day unless they suddenly become a different team or the pass rush goes off. Don't think either will happen. Hopefully he offense wakes up and they win a shoot out.My point is that he said if he sees him he's going to put a hat on him. WHAT IS HE SUPPOSED TO SAY? oh' I'm going to let him run right past me after he gets past Prince or Webster. I mean the negativity about this team is ridiculous. I know they have problems but now they can't talk...and you think just because of what Rolle said AJ is going to eat up our secondary more? He's an elite wr he going to get what he's going to get.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 04:55 PM
You really think the only thing to say in that moment was what he said? Talk is cheap. Just play the game. He cold have said a lot of other things. Talking like the secondary has shut teams down is just funny and if they shut him down his game they need to really question why they can't put two quality games together.

njg85m
11-08-2012, 04:57 PM
What did you want Green to say? That they have no chance? No, he said what he believed and there's nothing wrong with that, and in fact, he's right. Witten and Miller had their way with us two weeks in a row, Miles Austin and Dez had a decent day, Mike Wallace found holes; these holes exist. Rolle shouldn't speak, just play because quite frankly, where's the pass D at?
+1
Exactly.

njg85m
11-08-2012, 05:02 PM
No one was complaining last year when Rolle called out some players....it's just the way Rolle is. I have a feeling he will back it up this Sunday.

We were the team that didn't talk, remember? Yeah, it's one thing to make a comment here and there saying you're gonna show another team what you got going into a big game.
It's an entirely different thing to have something to say every single week despite over all poor play and then call out one of the most explosive WR's in the game, yet at the same insist you aren't calling them out. Especially considering our D has no right to be commenting on ANYBODY else right now.
I'm not limiting this just to Rolle, it's a lot of the guys and it's a bad trend that we are seeing every week. Whether it's calling one team dirty, saying another team holds on every play, or whatever.
In my opinion we need to do what we used to do and just shut up.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 05:07 PM
You really think the only thing to say in that moment was what he said? Talk is cheap. Just play the game. He cold have said a lot of other things. Talking like the secondary has shut teams down is just funny and if they shut him down his game they need to really question why they can't put two quality games together.This is apart of Rolle's game and your just realizing this now. When it comes to Sunday it will be him to have to make the plays not you. Talk is cheap when you say things like we are making the playoff, we will win the SB. we will beat this team and that team that talk is cheap. When you say I'm going to hit someone when all chances he probably will is not talking cheap. Tell me what was soooooo cheap about him saying he's going to put a helmet on him....please I'm dying to know. If Ed Reed said this about us the way their defense has played this year would you say about him to just play and talk is cheap?

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 05:09 PM
We were the team that didn't talk, remember? Yeah, it's one thing to make a comment here and there saying you're gonna show another team what you got going into a big game.
It's an entirely different thing to have something to say every single week despite over all poor play and then call out one of the most explosive WR's in the game, yet at the same insist you aren't calling them out. Especially considering our D has no right to be commenting on ANYBODY else right now.
I'm not limiting this just to Rolle, it's a lot of the guys and it's a bad trend that we are seeing every week. Whether it's calling one team dirty, saying another team holds on every play, or whatever.
In my opinion we need to do what we used to do and just shut up.No,no ,no Coughlin said that ONE time when Rex Ryan was saying that this is their town and we are the better team etc. Rolle said nothing like that.He never said the Giants are the better team, he never said Cinncy is no good, he didn't say AJ will catch no balls and have 0 yards...he just said if he comes his way he will put a helmet on him...which in all likely hood will happen.

TheEnigma
11-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Well, Green was just making an observation about the defense but Rolle came back implying that he is going hit Green up high for a possible illegal hit. I've learned to accept Rolle is going to say stuff at this point but he could of played the witty card by asking who have the Bengals beat lately or he could of simply pointed out that Dalton can be flustered inside the pocket with a good pass rush. Plus the last time Rolle went for the big hit, he looked awfully silly after the play was over.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Doesn't matter if he looked silly after missing a hit. He didn't say he was going to deliver a illegal hit. This is just defensive player talk. It's just crazy to me that everyone thinks cause Rolle hasn't been an all-pro this year that he can't talk and what he said wasn't even that bad at all. I guess next time he should just say AJ is right cause he has produced this year for the Bengals. It's football guys,just like AJ didn't say anything bad neither did Rolle. What Rolle said will not cost this team on Sunday, their play will.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Yeah I know it's his game. His game has also been off this year. I'm still finding it funny that people think this all he could say. By the way, I can see the flag flying already. He also has to be in the right place to have a chance at hitting Green.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
There is a big difference in what they said. Green maybe should have not said the defense has holes in it even if the coach called his defense soft. He didn't call a player out though. Rolle took the route of calling him out.

Rudyy
11-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Answer me this:

How come when opposing players talk, the reaction is always "Oh, what do you expect him to say?"
But when our players talk, it's "JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY THE GAME! OMG".

I understand that players should shut their mouths, but I'm not liking the double standard.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah I know it's his game. His game has also been off this year. I'm still finding it funny that people think this all he could say. By the way, I can see the flag flying already. He also has to be in the right place to have a chance at hitting Green.duh...so your telling me Rolle will not tackle AJ one time in this game?

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Answer me this:

How come when opposing players talk, the reaction is always "Oh, what do you expect him to say?"
But when our players talk, it's "JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY THE GAME! OMG".

I understand that players should shut their mouths, but I'm not liking the double standard.and that is the thing that pisses me off ruddy you are exactly right.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 05:48 PM
There is a big difference in what they said. Green maybe should have not said the defense has holes in it even if the coach called his defense soft. He didn't call a player out though. Rolle took the route of calling him out.He said he was going to hit him what is wrong with that lol..buddy you have some issue with the Giants. It's almost as if you think they can do anything right.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 05:53 PM
duh...so your telling me Rolle will not tackle AJ one time in this game?So if he tackles him after a huge gain will that be what he meant by talking with his pads?

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
So if he tackles him after a huge gain will that be what he meant by talking with his pads?And if AJ has a big gain who's fault will that be??? I don't know if you know this but their are others in the secondary and if he stops him from scoring I'm fine with that.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
He said he was going to hit him what is wrong with that lol..buddy you have some issue with the Giants. It's almost as if you think they can do anything right.He said he better duck.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 05:57 PM
And if AJ has a big gain who's fault will that be???Not every time. What has he done so great that he talks so much though?

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Not every time. What has he done so great that he talks so much though?See this is exactly what I'm talking about so he hasn't been great this year so he can't talk??? Makes no sense Buddy...but it's alright for AJ to give credit to our d-line but say he's basically going to exploit our secondary. But AJ can can do this cause he's producing this year?

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 06:02 PM
He said he better duck.OMG did he really say that...how could he.

JesseJames
11-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Coughlin told the media his defense was playing soft too so whats the big deal if Green says it if its true....

TheEnigma
11-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Doesn't matter if he looked silly after missing a hit. He didn't say he was going to deliver a illegal hit. This is just defensive player talk. It's just crazy to me that everyone thinks cause Rolle hasn't been an all-pro this year that he can't talk and what he said wasn't even that bad at all. I guess next time he should just say AJ is right cause he has produced this year for the Bengals. It's football guys,just like AJ didn't say anything bad neither did Rolle. What Rolle said will not cost this team on Sunday, their play will.

That's why I said he IMPLIED that possibility. When a receiver is told that they will be hit high, there are only so many conclusions that can be taken from such a statement. I'd prefer Rolle to instead focus on cleaning up his coverages than play war of words with A.J. Green. What is gained by telling Green he is going to hit him up high? It doesn't matter if it was Rolle who said it or the best safety in history: One player was making an observation, another got personal.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Coughlin told the media his defense was playing soft too so whats the big deal if Green says it if its true....exactly and what's the big deal if Rolle say's he's going to put a helmet on him?

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 06:09 PM
See this is exactly what I'm talking about so he hasn't been great this year so he can't talk??? Makes no sense Buddy...but it's alright for AJ to give credit to our d-line but say he's basically going to exploit our secondary. But AJ can can do this cause he's producing this year?Um...yeah. He can't back up his talk with his play. Lol. You really think its cool for a guy to not play well and then tell a great player he better duck?

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 06:11 PM
That's why I said he IMPLIED that possibility. When a receiver is told that they will be hit high, there are only so many conclusions that can be taken from such a statement. I'd prefer Rolle to instead focus on cleaning up his coverages than play war of words with A.J. Green. What is gained by telling Green he is going to hit him up high? It doesn't matter if it was Rolle who said it or the best safety in history: One player was making an observation, another got personal.And what's wrong with that..just like Dave said before your really think AJ had an ah shucks moment and just glossed over that fact. He knew what he was doing. Just like you took rolle saying he better duck is saying he's going to helmet to helmet him the same could be said that AJ was suggesting that he is going to have a big day against our secondary ( true or not). Rolle is just saying don't bring it my way. It's gamemanship to make him think twice. I don't know what you want him to say but whatever. I'm pretty sure Rolle is going to be focused no matter what is said between them. He knows how good AJ is.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Um...yeah. He can't back up his talk with his play. Lol. You really think its cool for a guy to not play well and then tell a great player he better duck?The fact is buddy Rolle hasn't been terrible this year he still is a very good safety and he can say whatever he wants to just like Green can. I guess Rolle should say Oh I'm going to take him down as nicely as possible. lol.

TheEnigma
11-08-2012, 06:17 PM
And what's wrong with that..just like Dave said before your really think AJ had an ah shucks moment and just glossed over that fact. He knew what he was doing. Just like you took rolle saying he better duck is saying he going to helmet to helmet him the same could be said that AJ was suggesting that he is going to have a big day against our secondary. Rolle is just saying don't bring it my way. It's gamemanship to make him think twice. I don't know what you want him to say but whatever.

Remember when JPP told the Redskins not to run his way? That's a good example of trash talk that isn't over the top or personal. Had Rolle simply said "Don't throw my way" or anything of that variation, it would of been a fine statement. One player is saying he sees opportunities for his offense to make some plays, the other is saying he will hit him hard up high (which can possibly be illegal).

Buddy333
So there's no in between? Like how about he's a great players and we need to take him out of his game? Something like that would be more appropriate for a guy who hasn't played great this year.

Redeyejedi
Imagine had Rolle connected on that hit in the Cowboys game. Dez Bryant would of been unconscious

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Imagine had Rolle connected on that hit in the Cowboys game. Dez Bryant would of been unconsciousThey also would have lost the game but hey, it's a big hit right.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 06:21 PM
See when JPP said what he did I didn't like it but at least he can back it up. Is anyone so sure that Rolle is going to prevent a WR from getting behind him?

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Remember when JPP told the Redskins not to run his way? That's a good example of trash talk that isn't over the top or personal. Had Rolle simply said "Don't throw my way" or anything of that variation, it would of been a fine statement. One player is saying he sees opportunities for his offense to make some plays, the other is saying he will hit him hard up high (which can possibly be illegal).If your upset with Rolle for trying to make AJ think twice then that's fine I'm just saying he has the right to say what he said...just because of what AJ said. If you were playing cornerback or safety and you heard someone say that is the weak part of their defense and that's where the holes are you wouldn't be pissed. Now how he said is it is different...like I said it's just the way Rolle is. Why does anyone want him to change. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want anyone telling you to change on how you were to go about playing one of the games best wr's. He's just trying to make him think twice.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 06:26 PM
See when JPP said what he did I didn't like it but at least he can back it up. Is anyone so sure that Rolle is going to prevent a WR from getting behind him?Rolle can back it up too, he is not a scrub buddy. I know you like to think that but he can. He may suck in coverage but he is one of our best tacklers.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 06:28 PM
So there's no in between? Like how about he's a great players and we need to take him out of his game? Something like that would be more appropriate for a guy who hasn't played great this year.Like everyone has said that is not who Rolle is and will never be.

TheEnigma
11-08-2012, 06:30 PM
If your upset with Rolle for trying to make AJ think twice then that's fine I'm just saying he has the right to say what he said...just because of what AJ said. If you were playing cornerback or safety and you heard someone say that is the weak part of their defense and that's where the holes are you wouldn't be pissed. Now how he said is it is different...like I said it's just the way Rolle is. Why does anyone want him to change. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want anyone telling you to change on how you were to go about playing one of the games best wr's. He's just trying to make him think twice.

Upset isn't the right way to describe but disappointed would be more of how I'm feeling on this. I'll admit I really did like the "I talk with my pads" part of his comment. As for saying would I be mad if an opposing receiver said my secondary had holes in it, I would be but not at that guy. It's not his fault we have issues in the secondary and instead of focusing on making him think twice or whatever, my focus would be on our unit and what we can do to win football games.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Upset isn't the right way to describe but disappointed would be more of how I'm feeling on this. I'll admit I really did like the "I talk with my pads" part of his comment. As for saying would I be mad if an opposing receiver said my secondary had holes in it, I would be but not at that guy. It's not his fault we have issues in the secondary and instead of focusing on making him think twice or whatever, my focus would be on our unit and what we can do to win football games.I think Rolle is good enough of a player to talk and he is a person that takes pride in his game and I think he will be focused. Now if this continues all week I will be where you are at right now but I don't expect to hear anymore from the both of them.

Moke
11-08-2012, 07:35 PM
I love how mad people are because Rolle is talking and starting some hype. Cry me a river.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 07:36 PM
I love how mad people are because Rolle is talking and starting some hype. Cry me a river.I for one loved what he said.

Overdrive92
11-08-2012, 08:28 PM
So Green will now have maybe 200 yards receiving with 2 TD's. Way to go Rolle.

He's on my fantasy team, so I don't necessarily mind.

moosedrool
11-08-2012, 08:37 PM
If Rolle continues to take bad angles AJ Green has nothing to worry about.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Lmao at all the Rolle bashing I for one think he still can be a great safety and I hope he knocks AJ's puny little head off.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Rolle has not been as good as his contract. Good news though, they seem to have their future Safeties with Hill and Brown.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Rolle has not been as good as his contract. Good news though, they seem to have their future Safeties with Hill and Brown.Ok Buddy we get it you hate Rolle you think he's overrated and you couldn't be more wrong the guy has played out of position most of his time here and when he finally does our other safety goes down leaving him in a mess. I got news for you Brown may take away the ball but he is not that good at defending the pass he is out of position more then not and he sucks against the run.Now can Brown get better yes but you are seriously overrating to the to's he gets.

GFiP
11-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Our defense deserved to get swiped. It's soft.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Our defense deserved to get swiped. It's soft.yep they do and AJ deserves to get knock out.

moosedrool
11-08-2012, 11:57 PM
I got news for you Brown may take away the ball but he is not that good at defending the pass he is out of position more then not and he sucks against the run.

Wrong. Name one play where Brown took a bad angle and let up a TD. Rolle is great at that (Wallace last week and Austin week 1 are just two off the top of my head). And I just checked PFF pass coverage ratings on Brown (+1.5) and Rolle (-2.5), and they confirm what I've seen so far this year. Zero is average.

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Actually both Rolle and Brown have been caught out of position. KP is their best Safety and Hill is going to be a special player.

Rat_bastich
11-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Talk trash after the game and if it is a win, otherwise pay no mind to what the opponent says. If the Bengals beat the Giants the trash talk will look extremely silly. I understand trying to light a fire and all that, but I am sure this stuff could be done amongst each other instead of through the media or social media.

Eliscruzzz
11-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Wrong. Name one play where Brown took a bad angle and let up a TD. Rolle is great at that (Wallace last week and Austin week 1 are just two off the top of my head). And I just checked PFF pass coverage ratings on Brown (+1.5) and Rolle (-2.5), and they confirm what I've seen so far this year. Zero is average.that long pass play in the browns game he was out of position and if your going to tell me rolle sucks I not going to listen this guy has been a warrior and plays with heart. I know everyone is in a SB love fest and I get it but he doesn't cover as much field as Rolle or KP. So your wrong my friend. PFF stuff is great but of course a guy that has 7 turnovers is going to score high on it. It's just funny that you guys are thinking Brown is the next Ed Reed.It's funny our players can't talk but AJ can.I get it people need to get off their high horse and realize these people have emotions and take offense when someone else says they suck at doing their job.

Eliscruzzz
11-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Talk trash after the game and if it is a win, otherwise pay no mind to what the opponent says. If the Bengals beat the Giants the trash talk will look extremely silly. I understand trying to light a fire and all that, but I am sure this stuff could be done amongst each other instead of through the media or social media.You consider him saying " I'm going to put a helmet on him,,,he better duck trash talk" come on man. Rolle is just trying to get in his head.I don't get what's so wrong about it. Now if AJ goes out and has a crappy game I guess he will look like a fool too for saying that we have holes in our defense that can be exploited.

Rat_bastich
11-09-2012, 01:42 AM
You consider him saying " I'm going to put a helmet on him,,,he better duck trash talk" come on man. Rolle is just trying to get in his head.I don't get what's so wrong about it. Now if AJ goes out and has a crappy game I guess he will look like a fool too for saying that we have holes in our defense that can be exploited.

I do consider it trash talk because you are singling out a specific player. It may not be the most extreme but it is all the same. If Rolle never gets near Green or if he has a good game, then Rolle is going to look like he is all mouth and no substance.

BillTheGreek
11-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Lets see more ACTION ! and Less talk ! Just shut down A.J. Green ..........& WIN the Game !

stormblue
11-09-2012, 01:56 AM
i hope he is right because with Corey Webtoast covering AJ ,
Rolle is sure gonna get a lot of chances .

Cool Papa B.
11-09-2012, 02:47 AM
Better keep your head on a swivel on Sunday AJ Green.....

Rat_bastich
11-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Better keep your head on a swivel on Sunday AJ Green.....

Yep, watch out for those shoulder tackles.

Captain Chaos
11-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Less talk and better play!