PDA

View Full Version : Where the rooks are at

dave56dj
11-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Wilson - Its clear he is electric with the ball. It's clear he will one day own that backfield and excite fans endlessly. It's clear he will take negative plays cause he is a juke machine - but that will be overlooked due to the plenty of times he will make something out of nothing. While some fans still point to his fumble as the reason he isn't playing the true reason is PLAYBOOK. The coaching staff feels he is not ready to get all his assignments down - the most important protecting #10. Has been a real blessing at kick returner and one would hope he starts getting touches down the stretch - C+

Randle - Work ethic issues seemed to be more of a growing process as the kid is learning how to be a pro. He has filled in nicely with injuries and flashed nicely when asked too. Still learning the playbook but Eli has faith in him and that is important. The 3rd spot is still hixins but the kid has flashed and one of the hardest things to do is translate your game from college to pros as a wideout. A nice start for randle who absolutely sucks up every punt kicked his way. Hasn't had a big return but fits Coughlins security first principal to a tee. Seems like he and Eli are off about once a game on an option route - have to clean that up. B-

Jayron Hosley - Showed in training camp that he can contribute right away and has been the starting nickel since day one. As a rookie he has struggled of late with some pretty good wideouts (miles/ sanders), but a big factor in his emergence is the fact that rolle doesn't have to play out of position. B-

Kuhn - As a seventh rounder he stuck - thats pretty impressive right there. Yes there have been many injuries but he has seen time in the rotation and he has been serviceable. Hasn't flashed a hole bunch but hoding down the fort. Pretty impressive for a 7th rounder B

Will Hill - The udfa flashed all over the place in preseason. Then in hosley's absence he performed very well in the nickel and showed a penchant for blitzing out of that spot. Very strong and versatile player - has yet to see time at safety - except in a very limited 3 safety set around goal line. Kid looks like he has a bright future - impressive for a UDFA with struggles outside of football. B- (might be higher but suspenion hurt)

Robinson - A project who has seen time in goal line only. Incomplete.

MattMeyerBud
11-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Wilson - i dont think its the playbook but its more of the pass block. Anytime he is in there they are trying to get him the ball, he needs to be in the game and able to do other things. Until he can do that, he won't be very effective. If lucky we can get him in there and he can have big play potential like he did vs the Browns - but that also was in garbage time.

Randle - if one thing has been proven, its been typically hard for receivers to pick up our offense. You have to be on the same page with Eli and that just comes along wtih experience. I mean he had that big game a couple of weeks ago and then he missed a brutal read where the back shoulder throw was there all day vs the Steelers which would have kept the drive alive. Not too worried about him, but not expecting much this year

Hosley - showed signs but I thought he had a brutal game last game.

Kuhn - has been playing pretty damn good for us. Defensive tackle isn't a flashy position but even the coaches came out a few weeks ago and said how happy they were with his play.

Will Hill - i love will hill. I thought we should of been going back to that 3 saftey set earlier in the season and giving him some shots. I expect this suspension to slow his progression down a little bit. Between the fact that he was doing good, but wasn't a REAL part of this defense yet and couple that with the fact that Brown has been playing pretty good for us - i think it will be interesting to see Hill's role from here on out. Plus Phillips is due back soon

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 07:53 PM
It's pretty sad that our 1st round pick is sitting on the bench for most of the game. The kid fumbled 1 time I mean christ...let him get a little redemption with Bradshaw being hurt. Him and Brown practice all week and then on gameday Bradshaw plays that **** has to stop. This kid could be used as a weapon in the passing game also. He would probably be our best screen player but no let's just send him back there to return kickoffs.

MattMeyerBud
11-08-2012, 07:57 PM
It's pretty sad that our 1st round pick is sitting on the bench for most of the game. The kid fumbled 1 time I mean christ...let him get a little redemption with Bradshaw being hurt. Him and Brown practice all week and then on gameday Bradshaw plays that **** has to stop. This kid could be used as a weapon in the passing game also. He would probably be our best screen player but no let's just send him back there to return kickoffs.

When he does get in, he just gets keyed on.

He gets keyed on because he always gets the ball.

He always gets the ball because he can't pass block, so if hes in - hes in for a reason.

Granted they could get a little more creative but keeping the back in to block is a huge part of the offense. BRadshaw was an explosive player as a rookie as well - he didn't really get his chance to work until he developed as a pass rusher. Where they got drafted means nothing in this case.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
When he does get in, he just gets keyed on.

He gets keyed on because he always gets the ball.

He always gets the ball because he can't pass block, so if hes in - hes in for a reason.

Granted they could get a little more creative but keeping the back in to block is a huge part of the offense. BRadshaw was an explosive player as a rookie as well - he didn't really get his chance to work until he developed as a pass rusher. Where they got drafted means nothing in this case.I know it's the TC way but if they can just rest Bradshaw for a couple of weeks so he can get healthy teams won't keen in on him cause they know Bradshaw isn't starting. Bradshaw starting is the only reason why they keen in on him. I'm just saying it sucks watching our draft pick sitting on the pine considering the fact you watch what Doug Martin is doing.

dave56dj
11-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Well as i said playbook - part of picking up blitzes is understanding the assignment on any given play. Also they have rarely given him anything but a pitch which means they may not be comfortable with him running anything else. Regardless its the understanding of the pro game that they are not fully comfortable with - both pass blocking and plays. But not sad whatsoever - this is something many late first rounders go through - even stud JPP took time as did starahan a second rounder.

As everyone has stated the fumble is no longer the reason he isn't in games.

Hosley has been picked on as I mentioned but he looks like he has the skills - the slot is often picked on and has become a specialized spot for wide outs - sanders/ austin aren't easy to deal with in there - he was overly aggresive but i think with time he will be a great outside corner.

Kuhn - when i said flashed i didn't mean he literally did something flashy - i meant flash in a tackles way - for instance getting a nice penetration or sheddding a block well and making a TFL.