PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Nicks: "Stats are for girls"

Napstew
11-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Nicks' stats are down so far this year. He has 27 catches for 390 yards and one touchdown in the six of nine games he's been able to play. His lone trip to the end zone came Week 2 against Tampa Bay.

"Stats is for girls. Itís football, man," Nicks said. "The season is going to be up and down. Itís about how you ride the wave and if you let it affect you. I know Iím a great football player, and weíre ready to make this run after the bye week."

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/web/article?action=viewArticle&articleId=13187904&team=nfl-new_york_giants&tid=twitter

Rudyy
11-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Well that's good for me.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Sounds good Nicks....he did say after the bye I wonder if he's sitting Sunday, hmmm.

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 04:45 PM
He's right. However, he is hurt. So I'm not upset about his stats, I don't play fantasy football. I'm more worried that he is not healthy and playing on that knee will make it worse. He should probably sit. Lol. Watch he plays and has a career day now. I hope they know that before they make that run after the bye they have to play the Bengals.

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 05:39 PM
i don't know about that.. I mean stats do speak volume at certain positons with WR being right up there.. I mean, if u got 1TD after 6or so games and less then 400yrds recieving adn ur as good as Hakeem Nicks, then ur simply not producing.. I don't wanna here about injury, as Calvin Johnson's been dealing witha nerve damage issue and a knee issue and has had many more games of production then Nicks has to this point, with a heck of alot more coverege..

I bet he won't be saying stats are for girls in his contract talks when hes bringing up all his big seasons with us every other sentence outta his mouth..lol

Rudyy
11-08-2012, 05:44 PM
i don't know about that.. I mean stats do speak volume at certain positons with WR being right up there.. I mean, if u got 1TD after 6or so games and less then 400yrds recieving adn ur as good as Hakeem Nicks, then ur simply not producing.. I don't wanna here about injury, as Calvin Johnson's been dealing witha nerve damage issue and a knee issue and has had many more games of production then Nicks has to this point, with a heck of alot more coverege..

I bet he won't be saying stats are for girls in his contract talks when hes bringing up all his big seasons with us every other sentence outta his mouth..lolMegatron also has 1 touchdown this year as well..

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Megatron also has 1 touchdown this year as well.. ya, no kidding.. I here that, but hes got a heck of alot more production with more coverege , and has played every week with nerve damage and bad knee...

giantsfan420
11-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Dunno how to feel bc alot of the nicks haste is knee jerk imo. Hes played in six games, if u rpoject those six games into a season hes at 80 rec. 1k yards...hes just not making the plays we have all come to expect and a large portion of his stats from this yr r from the tb game.
i think his issue is more mental than physical. Remember how tuck was saying his injury had him hesitating and thinking when he would have just done something instinctly. Think thats the issue with nicks.
also believe hes gonna get back to form and that itll start vs cinc

Rudyy
11-08-2012, 05:49 PM
ya, no kidding.. I here that, but hes got a heck of alot more production with more coverege , and has played every week with nerve damage and bad knee...But you said that injuries aren't an excuse, I don't think that's fair.

And before Hakeem's injury, Hakeem always seemed to beat the double coverage as well.

giantsfan420
11-08-2012, 05:51 PM
I think that tb game and the guys stepping on his foot after his knee jammed the turf could be somewhere in the back of his mind. Football is largely mental we all know that. Nicks was out on the field, yeah maybe hes a half a step slower right now butthe nicks i know could spot the corner two steps and still destroy him.
think this week is when he starrs piecing it together

Buddy333
11-08-2012, 05:53 PM
His stats are down because he is hurt. That's bad. If his stats where down because teams where doubling him and the rest of the WR's where benefiting from it than yes, stats are useless. It's all about winning football games.

TheEnigma
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Stats are important in the correct context. When specifically speaking about Nicks, you can point out his injury issues and say that his lower production is slightly excused.

ya, no kidding.. I here that, but hes got a heck of alot more production with more coverege , and has played every week with nerve damage and bad knee...

I hear you on that but you do have to consider Megatron is way more physically gifted than Nicks as well. Not only is he stronger and faster but he's more durable as well.

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Stats are important in the correct context. When specifically speaking about Nicks, you can point out his injury issues and say that his lower production is slightly excused.

I hear you on that but you do have to consider Megatron is way more physically gifted than Nicks as well. Not only is he stronger and faster but he's more durable as well. ya, i here ya, but nicks has been utterly pathetic.. I mean, just about any reciver on our team would be producing more in his spot and for such a gifted player whos a former 1st rd pick, whos been practicing for most part the past few weeks, then i expect more..

I'm not on his junk like everyone else seems to be, becuase the guys out there, and if hes that hurt where he simply can't produce, then take a freaking seat.. Hes killing us right now..

Hakeem Nicks had staying in shape issues at UNC, and it annoys me that hes so injury prone knowing that.. To me, he looks outta shape most times in his uniform, with kinda a beer belly type look(for lack of a better word), and i can't say for sure, but i wonder if his injury proneness has anything to do with that?

Don't get me wrong, i love the guy, but statements like this are annoying to me, when i 100pct realize hes only saying it because he has no stats.. So can JERRY REESE say to him in contract talks when Hakeem and his agent are gushing about his 1000yrd seasons and big games, that "stats are for girls", all we care about is the fact ur injured every yr???

moosedrool
11-08-2012, 06:30 PM
If the OL could give Eli more time, every WR on the team would have better stats.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Stats are important but the guy has missed 3 games and he has 400 yards.If he was healthy and played those games who knows how many yards and td's he would have. I still believe in Nicks and I'm happy about what he said...it shows that he is team player and all he cares about is the w. One thing I'll admit the td's are very disappointing.

GiantVibes
11-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Shocked the feminists haven't jumped on this one

sodbuster
11-08-2012, 07:10 PM
it was just on nfl network one of nicks team mates said no other player would be playing with the injuries he has..and the same for bradshaw...

Flip Empty
11-08-2012, 07:31 PM
ya, no kidding.. I here that, but hes got a heck of alot more production with more coverege , and has played every week with nerve damage and bad knee...
Yes, but Megatron isn't human

GameTime
11-08-2012, 07:45 PM
ehhh.....he is just keeping the game in perspective for himself in a season that hasnt gone the way he had hoped. Whatever it takes to keep your head in the game and if thats his way then so be it...

appodictic
11-08-2012, 07:59 PM
It's mental he knows that Eli looks for Cruz more now and it makes him say things like 'stats are for girls'

NYGabriel
11-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Nicks has lost a step.

Flip Empty
11-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Nicks has lost a step.

What? He's injured.

The guy is 24, he hasn't even peaked yet.

Roosevelt
11-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Nicks has lost a step.

That would mean you are negative many steps.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Nicks has lost a step.LMAO

Antwuan
11-09-2012, 02:05 AM
I just hope after the bye when he is more healthier and hope he lights it up. Heck I hope he puts up a great performance this weekend vs Bengals.

Go Giants!!!

Rat_bastich
11-09-2012, 03:09 AM
Nicks has lost a step.

Bless your little heart.

Diamondring
11-09-2012, 04:43 AM
What? He's injured.

The guy is 24, he hasn't even peaked yet.He doesn't have to get old to lose a step and losing a step doesn't have to last long. That is my opinion.

Captain Chaos
11-09-2012, 04:52 AM
He's fighting through an injury, and to be perfectly honest, I would rather he sit this week and get three weeks to rest that knee and ankle....

Diamondring
11-09-2012, 05:36 AM
He's fighting through an injury, and to be perfectly honest, I would rather he sit this week and get three weeks to rest that knee and ankle....And if it doesn't heal properly, he could lose a step for it.

Marvelousmik
11-09-2012, 05:45 AM
If the OL could give Eli more time, every WR on the team would have better stats.? the O line had done a very good job pass blocking when DD was out. And even with DD being in last week, ELi didnt really have bad protection for the exception of 1 or 2 plays DD gave up.

Marvelousmik
11-09-2012, 05:50 AM
I honestly dont know what to think of nicks right now. He seemed to be running fine last week, but then he tweaks his knee in practice. I dont think his injury was that bad, but he might be making it worse my playing and practicing on it.

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 06:20 AM
He says he is healthy but a lot of players say that as to not make excuses. If he is healthy then I'm worried because he has been a no factor since returning against the 49ers game.